PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Castles

heavyhittas
06-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Crystal Castles is a great electronic group. Here is a video I just made using the song "Vanished" by them. I filmed a VIP Party for this clothing company "Skrapper" YouTube - Skrapper Fashion Show in New York City (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp9uD-EQi3k)

Lakai_1
06-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Yes sir, absolutely love them, I'm going to see them live in Oakland in August. And sick video actually.

Marevix
06-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask, but I've always wondered why people want to see electronic groups live. Unless they actually reproduce their music on-the-spot, I don't see the point.

Occupant
06-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask, but I've always wondered why people want to see electronic groups live. Unless they actually reproduce their music on-the-spot, I don't see the point.

the shows are fun, the crowd is fun. it's basically like going to a rave.

el barto
06-19-2010, 02:07 AM
crimewaves, vanished, intimate are my favorites.

Iskatehard
06-19-2010, 10:13 AM

You'd be surprised how much some artists put into a live performance. It's not like they just go up and push "play" or something. Sometimes they get instruments into it, which I guess would be kind of obvious.. Sometimes they do some solid mixes/mashups of their shit too. Whatever though, solid vibe going on the entire time. Really is a lot of fun

Crystal Castles is pretty good. Made a thread on them a while back and posted some shit on em.. Haha, can't remember which songs though because I haven't listened to them much lately.

But needless to say...

Black Panther

Snake
06-19-2010, 10:24 AM
They're decent. I like their first album better than their second

DomPy
06-20-2010, 02:27 AM

this. it irritates me. yeah the vibe might be good, but you might as well just listen to a cd really loud..

Gunot
06-20-2010, 05:56 PM
your editing techniques could be better,
the new crystal castles album is pretty good

DrSkate
06-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I personally like their mixes and first album, but my favorite song on the second album is Baptism.

jkamelo
06-20-2010, 06:27 PM
found out about them through this
YouTube - Ray Maldonado - Recruited (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JraywMawyec)

oh yeah that was probably the best recruit to date imo

DrSkate
06-20-2010, 06:29 PM
found out about them through this
YouTube - Ray Maldonado - Recruited (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JraywMawyec)

oh yeah that was probably the best recruit to date imo

That's how I found em. Haah.

Edit: Well since I heard Vanished, I just remembered about them through that video.

Brick
06-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah they're sick.