PDA

View Full Version : Write Songs?

kickflip4
01-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Do you guys write you're own songs?And when you do, how do you do it. MY friend's older brother's band use to sit around and listen to music on CD's of bands they liked, than would just make out some music and add lyrics to it.

crappyskater_11
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
i'm in the process of makin a classic rock style song and a heavy metal solo i dont know how it just comes to you

timorousme
01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
I usually just sit with my guitar and play stuff and mumble nonsense. Then later I put to mumbled up words together and it makes sense. Or I just get something in my head, but I usually forget it before I sit down to play it.

Chump Champ
01-11-2006, 12:18 PM
When I'm being serious, I think about stuff that is happening in my life and put it into a song. But most of the time i just play a simple riff, and my friends give me a song title and I make up the lyrics on the spot.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-11-2006, 01:12 PM
I usually spend all day just trying to write something cool. And I listen to a ton of bands durring the process because it really helps and amps me up.

ernienator
01-13-2006, 01:36 AM
well, sometimes or should i say most of the times, i can write songs when im really angry with someone.hahaha
but yea, thats how i do it. i know its weird, but sometimes, the word just come to your mind.

liebherk
01-13-2006, 08:40 PM
I usually spend all day just trying to write something cool. And I listen to a ton of bands durring the process because it really helps and amps me up.

I'm curious, do you write lyrics first, and add guitar, or vice versa, or work on it all at once?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-14-2006, 02:31 AM
I'm curious, do you write lyrics first, and add guitar, or vice versa, or work on it all at once?

It depends on what I want to be more noticed and what I feel is more important for that piticular song. A potential singer for my band doesn't want to use any of the stuff I am writting, so I use it all for personal use now. I just ask myself "do I wanna write lyrics and work my way into them? Or do I want to fit the lyrics into my songs(which seems to be easier for me)"

The thing is that everytime I try and write lyrics it has a emotional feeling which leads me to writting softer songs and song parts. And I am in a metal band so I am kinda backing down from lyric writting. But don't get me wrong, I still do personal stuff.

animal chin
01-14-2006, 02:58 AM
When my band works on a new song we never listen to other band's music first, as it always gets stuck in our heads and whatever we end up writing, either musically or lyrically, tends to be really similar.
Normally we'll come up with a riff or a chord sequence and then write some lyrics to that.