PDA

View Full Version : Good Begginer Guitar

kickflip4
01-10-2006, 03:08 PM
I've been playing bass guitar for a year, almost two, so I decided I want to learn and play regular electirc guitar. What's a good, less than $400 guitar I could start out with? I have a limited amount of cash and need an amp and stuff to, so don't forget tha. If I can't find a better deal online, I'll just go to the local music shop and order the standard starter set like I did with bass.

SkateorElse
01-10-2006, 03:12 PM
If im not mistaken, I think you can play guitar with a bass amp. Are you planing on playing seriously or just to screw around ( bad wording I know)?

ryand
01-10-2006, 03:17 PM
learn to play on an acustic. then buy an electric once you can play properly. chances are youll never get any good anyway

copsandprepssuck
01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
^ That's great encouragement. I'd get a Squire Strat starter kit, and then get a new Crate 15 Watt amp. They are both really good. You'll need new strings in about a year. I've been playing for a year with my Squire Strat, and it still sounds good, so I highly recommend it.

ryand
01-10-2006, 03:31 PM
its called the truth. we dont live in fairly land.

copsandprepssuck
01-10-2006, 03:44 PM
^ Hey he actually might get good. Have you ever heard him play? Do you even know the kid? Probably not, so don't make judgements until you've heard the kid play.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Screw Squires. Get a Peavy Raptor. Its a beginners guitar and as advanced as I am, its still done me well.

Kryptonicsrocks
01-10-2006, 03:56 PM
learn to play on an acustic. then buy an electric once you can play properly. chances are youll never get any good anyway

can't you hear it just as well when practicing on a normal electric? it would save money when you decide to get a amp and play (especially if you get your guitar from the pawn shop)

kickflip4
01-10-2006, 06:04 PM
If im not mistaken, I think you can play guitar with a bass amp. Are you planing on playing seriously or just to screw around ( bad wording I know)?

I'm gonna play seriously, and yeah my friend told me about the playing on the bass thing, it was either bass on guitar amp or guitar on b**** but if u do the wrong one the amp blows out.

bunghole
01-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Yah I would start on an acustic for at least a half a year, than move to an electric and do whatever you want.

igrindtwinkies
01-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Screw Squires. Get a Peavy Raptor. Its a beginners guitar and as advanced as I am, its still done me well.
That guitar is cheap and very good. I played it at my music store. For an amp you should go look for something like a roland cube 30.