PDA

View Full Version : In a band?

kickflip4
01-10-2006, 03:03 PM
How many of you are part of a band? If you are, post what it's name is, what type of music you play, and what your role is (bass , lead guitar, ect.)

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Lead Guitarist of Blood Funeral, we play all kinds of metal, sounds from Iron Maiden to Unearth.

Heartagram Skater666
01-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Our band is Upside-Down Christ, it consists of 2 guitarists, a bassist, and a drummer, I play guitar, and lead vocals. We play post-hardcore metal, for all those who don't know what that means, it means we go hardcore during the chorus, and semi-hardcore during the rest of the song, like SlipKnot, you know?

!Shuv_it_Up!
01-10-2006, 07:11 PM
huh My Band Is A Band With No Name Yet So Enjoi While That Lasts we play hard rock and metal drums

mkcrank mulisha
01-10-2006, 07:13 PM
soap we play just punk and indie shit. I'm the bassist.

Girl eS Skater
01-10-2006, 07:15 PM
my band is called "late night fatal" we do screamo, like story of the year, it is pretty sweet, i play the drums,

kickflip4
01-10-2006, 07:18 PM
O, and do guys just play other people's music, or write you're own?

PoolShark
01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
fire at will-guitar,some vocals, melodic punk/hardcore on the lines of rise against and a wilhelm scream

the labor day presleys-drums, indie/surfl/rock along the lines of the hives,the vines and with guitar highly influenced by jimi

shendawg
01-10-2006, 08:33 PM
don't really have a name. we play classic/soft rock. coming out with an album with an anti-ripping mechanism. gonna be shweet.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
O, and do guys just play other people's music, or write you're own?

All we play is our own stuff. But every now and then we'll have fun with someone else's songs.

Rhythman
01-11-2006, 02:00 AM
I play rhythm guitar in Ambergheist. We play our composition and we're about to record our first album. I could say that we play Hard Rock. http://www.freewebs.com/ambergheistband

And no, it's not a word. We took from amber (fire) and poltergheist (movies on ghosts).

Renegade of Funk
01-11-2006, 04:00 PM
my band is called DISSENT, we are a anarcho/crust punk band, i play bass and do back up vox.
we are influenced lyricly by all the old anarcho bands like Crass and Flux of Pink Indians, and are both lyricly and musicly influenced by Conflict, Contravene, Aus-Rotten, Defiance, and pretty much all the crusty stuff

the_unknown_soldier
01-11-2006, 04:08 PM
does a school band count? i'm play the tenor sax. (lame, i know....)

Heartagram Skater666
01-11-2006, 04:35 PM
We write our own, got about...8 songs right now.

spanky_dan
01-14-2006, 02:08 AM
i play lead guitar and lead vocals and me and i am starting a band soon with some friends and we are going to be rock and punk rock.

BailBoarder
01-14-2006, 05:27 AM
i dont know of this counts cuz im not in a band right now, but i just started playin bass and after like a few months or somethin my friends are gunna let me in their band because they have 2 guitarists no bassist. they play like rock/alternative rock. they dont have a band name

Camron Wozniak
01-14-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm guitarist for Supeliminal Army. We're don't have any music out yet but we're writing shit all the time and practicing. Actually mostly its just that I'm trying to get better at playing guitar before we try and make music, because I currently am not too great(plus my cord to plug my guitar in died...) But we are writing all kinds of ***** and I make songs on PowerTab which I've uploaded to http://k.1asphost.com/liquidtheory/~superliminal/ghyt.asp
Check out the rest of the site too, we have some funny and random shit...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot. We're kind of alternative rock... thats really the only genre I could think of for us...

Ryusuke
01-14-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm a lead guitarist for 6 bored kids.............................................. .
We've had a gig at a talent show and they loved us
We play alternative stuff

fallen80i
01-14-2006, 04:42 PM
infested lice heads, we got a drum and a eletric cords guy and a eletric guiter and we need a b**** im the drummer, and we play rock

DVSk8r
01-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Fate, hardcore, lead guitarist

Soulfly
01-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Guitarist for And She Said To Me, for the likes of Norma Jean, Fear Before the March of Flames, Between the Buried and Me

ricky_tan
01-14-2006, 06:09 PM
How many of you are part of a band? If you are, post what it's name is, what type of music you play, and what your role is (bass , lead guitar, ect.)

i play the drums in a band we mad only 4 songs so yehh

greenmass
01-15-2006, 11:44 AM
my band is called decieving december (were disputing the name). im the bassist of the band and we have a guitarist and a drummer and are looking for a singer and maybe another guitar player. we play classic rock sounding stuff, some punk(i guess you could call it that), alternative, and some other hard to describe stuff. we have maybe 6 or 7 songs (only been playing for a month) but were renovating them and ditching some so its hard to tell.

peace_child
01-15-2006, 11:47 AM
I was lead singer in a band called Right to Remain. But things couldn't work out, I lived too far away.

Now I'm in a band called Milano. I'm the drummer until we get another dude, then I'll be lead singer.

etnieswannabe12
01-15-2006, 11:50 AM
my band is called 64th Lane (temporary lol its a inside joke) we play indie nd punk and cover songs like green day blindside and easy stuff...we just started it..theres 3 guitarists (im one of them nd im lead vocal) and a bassist and a drummer.

TheLastComa
01-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Lead Vocals/Bass guitar in Destiny To Die, a metalcore/grindcore band singing about the hypocirsy in religion and marijuana

bugmann
01-15-2006, 12:18 PM
were called from the ashes. but we play like funk and mellow, but do a few iron maiden and mettalica covers to make the bassist happy, mettalica is fucking boring to play. we lookin into our own shit now, were studyin flea and chadsmith funk atm, just improvised stuff with inproviesd guitars. i play drums.

btw, why dus everyone play HARDCORE metal and rock, theres no love behind the music, but i appreciate the stuff newhowz

Anti-Hero
01-15-2006, 12:21 PM
no real name, we change on every role, but last gig we named ourself the gaycunts, so whatever

i play guitar, im the only guitarist so i play lead and rythem, i fill bass and guitar for a friends band also, we play like classical rock, punk, glam, hair metal, just whatever we feel like, some indie and ***** whatever works

mellowman
01-15-2006, 12:24 PM
im not i a band but im tryin to get one goin

eatthesun894
01-15-2006, 06:08 PM
my friend and i are going to start a band this summer called urban propaganda we're gonna play everything from acoustic folk, to punk, to metal, to bluegrass(oh yah) and all sortsa stuff

BlooDhoUndGanG
01-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Band- Italia
Genre- Punk,indie
Role- Drums

Dirttaq
01-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Well I'm in the process of trying to get a band started up with a few of my friends. I'll probably be doing vocals since my guitar is fucked, and I can't afford a new one since I'm too into buying skate stuff. My two friends will play bass and guitar, but we have no drummer as of right now. We'll be playing a lot of things from Ska, to things like Leftover Crack and World/Inferno.

GetThunderStruck
01-15-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm the drummer for our band, Counterpart.

We play punk grunge.

Kiev...
01-15-2006, 09:40 PM
poltergeist**