PDA

View Full Version : So I want to start learning solos

Videon
05-01-2010, 09:33 PM
How do I go about it? What are good ones to learn? For the past couple years all I've done is rhythm, progressions, intros, interludes just melody stuff.

Djinn Rummy
05-01-2010, 10:12 PM
How do I go about it? What are good ones to learn? For the past couple years all I've done is rhythm, progressions, intros, interludes just melody stuff.

work on scales to start off

the_unknown_soldier
05-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah, start improvising some shit within scales and such. Pentatonic scales are usually the easiest to work with.

Skate_Street
05-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Just work on songs with solos you like. The starting point for improvising would be learning pentatonic scales as stated above, but having knowledge of where to apply it. Also, work on chord scale relationships. (what notes/sequences sound good over certain chords.) Depending on what you want to learn there are certain scales that work best for that type of music. Everything is just one big relationship and just remember to use your ear and decide what sounds best to you! That is all I really know...

Tony
05-05-2010, 04:38 AM
Learn a good solid vibrato and concentrate on your phrasing slide/bend/time wise, then start with some easier solos involving these. After a year or two when you feel you really have it down(I mean really good), a good technique to REALLY start working on is alternate picking, since it's the technique that gets you the farthest.