PDA

View Full Version : Coroner Thread Mk2

damo
01-08-2006, 08:47 PM
seriously, if anyone here likes metal check out a band called coroner. it's some of the best thrash you will hear. it's mega hard to find any of their cds, but get onto limewire or whatever file sharing program u have and download some of their shit. more talent than metallica? i think so!

daniel
01-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Well it's a very good technical thrash band, the first three albums are the best. Downloading everything is of course stupid, the vinyls aren't that hard to find and thery're cheaper than new CDs anyway. I don't see why the CDs should be so hard to find since they've been reissued already.

As far as thrash goes, well it's very easy to supposedly compare someone to Metallica or Megadeth or Slayer since they are the most well known names. If you listen to early Metallica you'll hear a lot of NWOBHM influences, Blitzkrieg and Satan especially, well the influences are so obvious they wouldn't exist without those bands, ok, I won't go on a rant, but Coroner is totally different to Metallica, there are hundreds of thrash bands from the 80s, one of the most popular sub genres ever. Coroner is a good choice, but if you're really into thrash there's a whole hell of a lot more out there.