PDA

View Full Version : music: will it advance? will it get better?

d_n_b_and_d_u_b
01-07-2006, 09:33 PM
What do you think? Will music advance? Will it get better? Why?

These questions brought on an argument between me and a friend of mine. She believes that music will advance, but i guess i disagree. I mean, music just seems like it's reached it's highest point. I know i'm probably wrong, for music is inifnite and has no limits. But right now with all the artists and genres it just seems like it can't get much better.

PoolShark
01-07-2006, 09:38 PM
mainstream will continue to be more about the money and the attention.I also believe that rock and pop is going to gain more and more of a techno/electropop style and sound until it completely is.With the next 40 years instruments will be out of date.Back in the day it took talent dedication and skills with your instrument. nowadays all you need is a balls to the wall attitude and a three chord song about bitches and your famous

thats just me rambling though. i honestly dont know what will happen to music

but i DO NOT think music is going to advance

d_n_b_and_d_u_b
01-07-2006, 09:46 PM
:) thanks PS

skater danny
01-07-2006, 09:47 PM
i think music will evolve into a series of beeps and clicks in the future. but as for this year, it will just get worse i think.

dain84
01-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Of course it will. One band will come along from Shitesville, USA and change the world of music. It's happened before.

p
01-07-2006, 10:01 PM
i think music is going to advance. new artist will come, new equipment and technolgy will come along. its just a matte of time.

Snake
01-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Yes, Before the beatles people thought music was at its highest point but they changed the entire music world.

Kolzig
01-08-2006, 09:11 AM
every 3 or 4 years a new mtv fad will start and every loser who watches mtv will start praising those bands and saying how they will be around forever. then they will die off and another fad will start

ramzter
01-08-2006, 03:12 PM
depends...i guess their will be ups and downs in the years to come

Skater_frog
01-08-2006, 03:25 PM
I think music will advance, but it doesn't mean it'll be better. Now, everyone likes that mainstream stuff, in the future, indie labels will probably become rarer and rarer, and most of the bands will probably be just more of mainstream with the other ones slowly going off. Some artists though still may make good music, but, a lot of the good music now has to end. So, I guess it'll be getting better and worst.

lutzkasong
01-08-2006, 03:31 PM
music goes in cycles in my opinion. Heres the patter:early 30's jazz/blues, then the 40's were like jazz/blues, then 50's were like big band(like chicago), 60's were all physcedelic(sp), 70's got more rocky, then 80's got hair bands and techno, 90's had nirvana who changed it all to grungey rock like pearl jam and nickleback(sorta), then in early 2000, it all got mainstream and poppy, gay rock(hedley/simple plan), and i think it will go back to 80's style, or 60's. Of course this is all my personal opinion.

damo
01-08-2006, 06:01 PM
personally i dont think music will advance. creativity in music was at its peak in the 60s and 70s, whereas nowadays it seems anyone with a computer can create a hit song overnight. no the golden age for music happened many decades ago and i don't think it will come back.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-08-2006, 06:05 PM
There will always be a handful of bands with talent in every generation, but as time goes on you will see less and less because the music industry is a load of shit.

AWS-Skater10
01-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I belive metal is just getting a newer-better generation.

I think metal still has a way to advance before it reaches a point that it starts changing for the worse.

Punk/Pop/Rock is a steady downhill race for dissapointment, after a few years all that will be left is "beep boop beep lalala beep boop bop" (all stupid computerized bullcrap)

Rap will continue what its doing now until there are no words, just cursing.
I.E. "Bitch slut whore mother fucking bitch slut, bitch slut whore suck my mother fucking nut."

Its just getting worse for all genres (Excluding metal)

Buy-A-Baker
01-08-2006, 06:42 PM
1st theory. Rock - or anything offspring from it, will die off. People will listen to rap or techno. Rap will not be about money, fame, sex or drugs like it is today. Instruments will not be recorded anymore. Everybody will wear dickies. Baggy for some and regular for others.

2nd theory. Rap - or anykind of freestyle or beats will die off. Mtv will go corrupt and go out of buisness**. There will not be any vocals in most of the music. The new era will be jam bands. Anything from blues to metal. I have no idea what people would wear.
I like the 2nd theory

Marevix
01-08-2006, 07:57 PM
The mainstream music industry is fairly corrupted with so called 'artists' who have a good gimmick/image, but lip synch and have their songs written for them. With new file sharing technologies, true artists who have good music will become more popular due to less constraints on getting signed with a record company. Don't know whether music will get better or worse as a result, but I predict the standards in the non-mainstream (i.e. MTV) section of the music industry will be upped and companies like VH1 and MTV will eventually topple.

skate4life1
01-08-2006, 07:59 PM
it gonna advance so much that its gonna be like with electric gutiars with like 45 strings.

ryand
01-09-2006, 02:13 PM
music will always advance. thats just its dynamic nature. underground music will evolve and eventually the mainstream will pick it up. thats how its always been.

AWS-Skater10
01-09-2006, 02:14 PM
O SHIT THATS A WEST COAST MOTHA FUCKER THERE!
hahaha

AWS-Skater10
01-09-2006, 02:15 PM
I think I have a good idea of what music is doing.