PDA

View Full Version : The Skramz/The Spankyz/Screamo

iWriteOnWalls
12-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Anyone listen here? Not bitch scene screaming like Underoath and Bring Me The Horizon. But like DIY bands

Ampere
Sinaloa
pg.99
Neil Perry
I Would Set Myself On Fire For You
Daitro
Belle Epoque
Raein
La Quiete
Orchid
Wolves
City Of Catepillar
Circle Takes The Square
etc.

jarrell
12-16-2009, 06:20 PM
hell yeah man, check the avatar.

some more bands I'm digging-
amanda woodward
suis la lune
ctts
capsule
gospel
la queite

I wish we had more skramz in my area, but it's so rare around here. I'm lucky to get a real hardcore band to show up in my town.

Sucks at skating
12-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Amenra!
City of Caterpiller!
PG.99!
Orchid!

jarrell
12-16-2009, 06:38 PM
oh yeah and saetia.

iWriteOnWalls
12-16-2009, 08:13 PM
I completely forgot saetia...and hot cross and joshua fit for battle.

There hasn't been a lot of screamo shows lately(NYC / Long Island area) but hopefully their will be soon

jarrell
12-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I completely forgot saetia...and hot cross and joshua fit for battle.

There hasn't been a lot of screamo shows lately(NYC / Long Island area) but hopefully their will be soon

Gospel is having a reunion show in nyc next month, man I wished I lived there.

iamAm
12-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Any of you guys listen to efra/Seeing Means More?
Their split is awesome, though i don't hear
people talking about them too much...too bad both bands split up

jarrell
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Any of you guys listen to efra/Seeing Means More?
Their split is awesome, though i don't hear
people talking about them too much...too bad both bands split up

I heard of seeing means more, on thier myspace. Kinda cool stuff, a little too new school for my taste though. I never heard of this split I'll try to find it.

Summer Song
12-21-2009, 07:45 PM
pg. 99!
belle epoque!

Fallen4Life19
12-23-2009, 11:21 PM
yaphet kotto!

jarrell
12-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Jeromes Dream - Presents (2001) = one of the best screamo albums.

The first 8 tracks of this compilation is the album: http://www.amazon.com/Completed-1997-2001/dp/B000QZYBD6/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk

this. any band where the singer destroys their vocal from raw singing hast to be tight.
I can't get untitled number 2 out of my head.

FREDDYDAJOO
12-24-2009, 11:19 AM
i've always had trouble getting into screamo but I have a few albums in my library... pg.99, CTTS, Hot Cross, and Joshua Fit For Battle, i need to give them some spins soon

Sucks at skating
12-24-2009, 03:29 PM
this. any band where the singer destroys their vocal from raw singing hast to be tight.
I can't get untitled number 2 out of my head.

YouTube - PIG DESTROYER - Forgotten Child Live @ CBGB's in NYC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwjyZKqmkUg)
watch that.

(might not be screamo, but these guys did a demo with Orchid if that counts for anything.)

FREDDYDAJOO
12-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Nice avatar, if you like Converge I can't see why you'd have trouble liking screamo.

thanks man, Converge are one of my favorites... but yeah, i'm not sure. screamo tends to sound samey to me after a while, but i listened to some Joshua Fit For Battle and pg.99 earlier today and both are a lot better than I remember

one
12-25-2009, 01:43 AM
i love circle takes the square

jarrell
12-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Seeing Means More are a good entry-level screamo band if you're unfamiliar with the genre. They've got the new school breakdown shit going sometimes, but it's far easier on my ears than all the metalcore crap the kids eat up these days. They get their namesake from a Jeromes Dream album, who I mentioned earlier, and they've played a show with Sailboats who are really fucking incredible, even though they have only officially released two songs. They've also played with Funeral Diner and Loma Prieta, both who are really legit.

Seeing Means More make some pretty good tunes and have great influences like Indian Summer, my problem with them though lies in their vocalist, Alex Bigman. He currently does vocals for a shitty pop punk band called Fight Fair, and it makes me lose all respect for him. Pile on top of that the fact that he coined the term "skramz", the guy's a total doucher. He went from playing shows with Funeral Diner to touring with Breathe Carolina... WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED MAN?

lol whats wrong with skramz? I think it's fucking hilarious.

"hey what do you listen to?"
"Oh I've mostly been listening to screamo"
"screamo, Cool I've been listen to Bring me the horizon they're pretty br00tal!!!11!"
*Facepalm*

versus

"hey what do you listen to?"
"Oh I've mostly been listening to skramz"
"Skramz, what the fuck faggot is a skramz?"
me walking away with a big smirk on my face.

Also on a side note portraits of past is fucking awesome.

iamAm
12-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Seeing Means More are a good entry-level screamo band if you're unfamiliar with the genre. They've got the new school breakdown shit going sometimes, but it's far easier on my ears than all the metalcore crap the kids eat up these days. They get their namesake from a Jeromes Dream album, who I mentioned earlier, and they've played a show with Sailboats who are really fucking incredible, even though they have only officially released two songs. They've also played with Funeral Diner and Loma Prieta, both who are really legit.

Seeing Means More make some pretty good tunes and have great influences like Indian Summer, my problem with them though lies in their vocalist, Alex Bigman. He currently does vocals for a shitty pop punk band called Fight Fair, and it makes me lose all respect for him. Pile on top of that the fact that he coined the term "skramz", the guy's a total doucher. He went from playing shows with Funeral Diner to touring with Breathe Carolina... WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED MAN?
When you think about it, its kind of weird how they're Screamo influenced by Post-hardcore when usually, its the other way round.

Also, Circles takes the Square has some awesome lyrics