PDA

View Full Version : No talent, Great Showmanship

Chump Champ
01-04-2006, 01:35 PM
There have been a lot of bands that haven't had a great knack for writing/playing songs, but the reason they became popular was of their image. The ones I can think of offhand are:

-Kiss. I'm a fan of them, but most of their albums had nothing good on it. Detroit Rock City and Rock and Roll All Night became their biggest hits, butother than that it was subpar. They got famous for spitting blood, toungue-licking, and tons of pyrotechnics

-Motley Crue. Not the biggest fan, but their music wasn't all that great. They just had the "image" of being tough guys, which drew a big audience.

Anyone else have anyone to add to the list?

Kolzig
01-04-2006, 01:50 PM
a lot of the hair metal bands like wasp

Chump Champ
01-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Yes, in general a lot of hair metal band just go for image

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Green Day. No one goes for their music. If Billie Joe Armstong had a weight issue and dressed up in random jeans and a shitty shirt they wouldnt be half as famous as they are now.

Chump Champ
01-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Green Day. No one goes for their music. If Billie Joe Armstong had a weight issue and dressed up in random jeans and a shitty shirt they wouldnt be half as famous as they are now.

I agree, but lets not turn this into a Green Day sucks or I love Green Day page

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-04-2006, 02:44 PM
I agree, but lets not turn this into a Green Day sucks or I love Green Day page

Ok, then GC, or Simple Plan.

dain84
01-04-2006, 03:04 PM
They are famous now because of their image, but Billie Joe used to be fat. I listen to their older stuff because it's fun to listen to and it puts me in a good mood. Can't stand their new stuff though.

mkcrank mulisha
01-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Britney Spears
Kanye West