PDA

View Full Version : working out?

legit.fo.sho.
11-01-2009, 12:47 PM
well im sure most of you know my arms been broken. well i get my cast off on wednsday and im missing basketball season this year so im gonna start workin out. my school just built a new gym so i figure ill take advantage of it while rehabing my arm. whats a good workout schedule? im focusing on upper body. never worked out a day in my life and im pretty skinny. i figure i should start now. what lifts would make my arms significantly stronger? are there any vitamins that will help?

Punk.
11-01-2009, 01:33 PM
what lifts would make my arms significantly stronger? are there any vitamins that will help?

Lol'd

njsk8ter
11-01-2009, 05:25 PM
For working out my arms i just use dumbells and do different types of curls with them and than after doing 2 sets of 10 of about nine different dumbell excercises i do narrow grip benching which works out the triceps.Just google bicep workouts,tricep workouts,forearm workouts,and shoulder workouts and take some of those excercises and use them in your workout.I'd say do 2-3 of each.Also, don't just focus on your upperbody work on your legs too.You dont want to look disfigured

Purple Skater
11-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Honestly, just go to the gym, and start benching every other day. You can do dumbells if you want, or if you feel like doing more complex workouts do cleans. The biggest thing is just go and work out, everyone claims to have secrets and methods that work the best, but just find what's right for you and do it.

king
11-01-2009, 05:29 PM
people make these threads all the time and i always say this, dont ask sbc no one on here knows what the fuck they are talking about, they act like they do but they dont

ssonsk
ha one of your arms is going to be bigger than the other

but just eat alot and work out

Purple Skater
people make these threads all the time and i always say this, dont ask sbc no one on here knows what the fuck they are talking about, they act like they do but they dont
Negative nancy

Clayton or die
11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

and ya i can do 100 push ups now but it took around 10 weeks for me to get to that point.

YouTube - Bodybuilding Exercises : Bodybuilding: Forearm Reverse Dumbbell Curls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pVt5lGKj8s)

for your forearms

just look around youtube and find a workout forum you'll be stronger in no time

Zero_Blood
11-01-2009, 05:32 PM
well im sure most of you know my arms been broken. well i get my cast off on wednsday and im missing basketball season this year so im gonna start workin out. my school just built a new gym so i figure ill take advantage of it while rehabing my arm. whats a good workout schedule? im focusing on upper body. never worked out a day in my life and im pretty skinny. i figure i should start now. what lifts would make my arms significantly stronger? are there any vitamins that will help?
i love your sig

legit.fo.sho.
11-01-2009, 05:33 PM
yeah ill be figuring it out. i was just wondering if some exercises give more results.

king
11-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Negative nancy

well theyre stupid and pointless, people either post one of two things; the obvious "eat lots and workout every other day blah blah blah" (which im sure op already knows) or they go off about shit they dont know about and post wrong information

Purple Skater
11-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Wah Wah Wah I'm Canadian and have socialized healthcare. my maple syrup is frozen and avril lavigne got married.

king
11-01-2009, 05:37 PM
suck it

Purple Skater
11-01-2009, 05:38 PM
<3

legit.fo.sho.
11-01-2009, 05:38 PM
yeah it was prob a bad idea asking a bunch of skinny white kids but whatever it a start

Slap
11-01-2009, 05:42 PM
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/

Join and ask questions there.

Purple Skater
11-01-2009, 05:43 PM
there*

duffsman
11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
steroids are the latest trend...

Big&Beautiful
11-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I broke my arm pretty bad last year and got my cast off during the winter. I was in a similar situation as you're in. I wanted to work out because: a. skating wasn't an option with the snow and b. having a cast on for 2/3 months had left me in a pretty weak state.

Word of advice: don't plan on doing much working out with your arms. I know its tempting because they're gonna be weak from being in a cast so long but if you rush to work them out you'll do more damage then good because they'll be really sensitive.

bubbleboy
11-01-2009, 05:52 PM

Other than Snake, he's fucking huge.

Emerica
11-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm so sick of people working out just for the looks. Show muscles are for pussies. Work your God damn legs too!!

legit.fo.sho.
11-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I broke my arm pretty bad last year and got my cast off during the winter. I was in a similar situation as you're in. I wanted to work out because: a. skating wasn't an option with the snow and b. having a cast on for 2/3 months had left me in a pretty weak state.

Word of advice: don't plan on doing much working out with your arms. I know its tempting because they're gonna be weak from being in a cast so long but if you rush to work them out you'll do more damage then good because they'll be really sensitive.
oh i broke it 2 years ago. i know whats up. but after i start using my wrist again and gain some strength i think ill go on a light workout schedule to get back in shape. swimming really helps get you ripped but its not an option in the winter

legit.fo.sho.
11-01-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm so sick of people working out just for the looks. Show muscles are for pussies. Work your God damn legs too!!
its not for looks. its to rehab my arm

Purple Skater
11-01-2009, 05:58 PM
That was actually a problem with me for skating. My legs would always be tired as hell from working out.

Ramen
11-01-2009, 05:58 PM
I'd really wait a bit before going to work out right off the bat. Though I've heard that swimming is pretty good to rehabilitate recently broken limbs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I go to work out 3 or 4 times a week, and I run everyday. This is just to keep in shape, not planning on getting bigger or anything like that. At least for me.

legit.fo.sho.
11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
id run but i smoke too much and i can tell that thats gonna be a problem if i get serious about this

cornh0lio
11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
oh i broke it 2 years ago. i know whats up. but after i start using my wrist again and gain some strength i think ill go on a light workout schedule to get back in shape. swimming really helps get you ripped but its not an option in the winter

There's no indoor pools near you?

Ramen
11-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Speaking of swimming, I'm shit at it. Can't even tread water for longer than a minute or two.

rcthatsme
11-01-2009, 06:29 PM
hire the most expensive personal trainer at the gym and consume only steaks and cytomax

graffeedy5
11-01-2009, 06:53 PM
My friend gave me this shit called creatine and I got ripped in like a week. Try that shit out dude.

graffeedy5
11-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Speaking of swimming, I'm shit at it. Can't even tread water for longer than a minute or two.

shit dude really? Are you really short? I've been told that being tall is good for swimming, but I've always taken for granted being able to swim fairly well. Me and my friend had a 10 dollar bet for who could tread water the longest, we were going for like 30 minutes and then called it a tie cause it was getting boring.

legit.fo.sho.
11-01-2009, 06:55 PM
My friend gave me this shit called creatine and I got ripped in like a week. Try that shit out dude.
could i get that at like gnc?

graffeedy5
11-01-2009, 06:57 PM

He said not to tell anybody who I got it from, so I don't think so. Try asking around at school, the kid I got it from was a football player.

Purple Skater
11-01-2009, 06:58 PM
We has a troll on our hands.

Slap
11-01-2009, 07:01 PM

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3568366&CAWELAID=338746614

legit.fo.sho.
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
was it in pill or powder form?

graffeedy5
11-01-2009, 07:04 PM
powder

PlanB
11-01-2009, 07:05 PM
id run but i smoke too much and i can tell that thats gonna be a problem if i get serious about this

Do you smoke cigs? Cause if you don't I doubt you smoke enough for it to cause a difference. And i'm interested in that Creatine stuff haha.

legit.fo.sho.
11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
nah mary janes the only girl for me. but ill get a pack of wine or apple milds if i have the money every once and a while. i know im wondering if it really works

where's_WALDO?
11-01-2009, 07:27 PM
creatine isn't some big secret like you guys are making it sound. You can pretty much find it anywhere even wal-mart. It essentially makes your muscles able to hold more water giving them the effect of being bigger and gives you the ability to do a more intense workout. Taking that and whey protein along with a proper diet and going to the gym will surely build muscle.

Snake
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
yea king is right, No one on Sbc has any fucking clue about this type of stuff. I started a weightlifting social group on here a few days ago, join it if you want to. For some reason I'm not able to see new requests for like 3 days after they've been sent.

No idea why.

graffeedy5
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
creatine isn't some big secret like you guys are making it sound. You can pretty much find it anywhere even wal-mart. It essentially makes your muscles able to hold more water giving them the effect of being bigger and gives you the ability to do a more intense workout. Taking that and whey protein along with a proper diet and going to the gym will surely build muscle.

sorry, I thought I drenched my posts in enough sarcasm so that people could catch on.

emericaxskater
11-01-2009, 08:41 PM
sorry, I thought I drenched my posts in enough sarcasm so that people could catch on.

I thought you were serious.

But don't use creatine, shits whack.

Dino Spumoni
11-01-2009, 08:52 PM

i do exactly this.

The Trooper
11-01-2009, 11:01 PM
i run quarter mile, hit up some of those things in the gym, don't know what they're called, and repeat, usually do this about 3 times, then on the last rep kinda thing i just run like a mile. then jog up 14 floors to my room. works for me, i've noticed a bit of improvement.

God damn it make up your mind
11-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Drink lots of hot coffee. Eat lots of slim jims. Drink a SHITLOAD of beer.

Stroh
11-01-2009, 11:47 PM
smoking weed debilitates your respiratory system very little compared to smoking cigarettes. unless you smoke like mad blunts every day