PDA

View Full Version : Ramones 1 of the most influncial and great band ?

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 09:19 AM
hell i think so

one_armed_boxer
09-11-2005, 09:20 AM
no. they suck

fliptrick2391
09-11-2005, 09:21 AM
hell i think they rock! they set the stage for some of the greatest bands, like Blink 182 and Green Day

one_armed_boxer
09-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by fliptrick2391
hell i think they rock! they set the stage for some of the greatest bands, like Blink 182 and Green Day

you must be joking

DerangedPerson
Originally posted by one_armed_boxer
no. they suck

and what do u lsiten to this great emo shit these days?

DerangedPerson
green day and blink 182 aren't the greatest...

one_armed_boxer
09-11-2005, 09:24 AM
i listen to a hell of a lot of music. But the ramones fuckin SUCK.

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 09:26 AM
The Ramones were a hugely influential punk rock band many great bands did tributes when joey died the clash etc etc..

one_armed_boxer
09-11-2005, 09:29 AM
so what? they were horrible. There are WAY better punk bands

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Tre Cool (The drummer from Green Day) is quoted as saying "The world is a better place because of Joey Ramone" and named his daughter Ramona after the Ramones

When Joey died, The Misfits removed their own content from their website and replaced it with a picture of Joey

On the following day, Bono from U2 made a speech about Joey and the Ramones. The band, which was on tour at the time, dedicated the song In A Little While to Joey Ramone for the rest of the tour, after learning that it was the last song he had listened to on his deathbed

In 2003, when the Ramones were being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the band was no longer together, Green Day performed "Teenage Lobotomy and "Blitzkrieg Bop" in place of the Ramones.

a cuple tributes made to them

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 09:32 AM

without them there wouldn't be the WAY better punk bands and who do u suggest is better punk bands

one_armed_boxer
09-11-2005, 09:32 AM
whats your point? all these tributes were made by bands that suck even worse.

one_armed_boxer
09-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by DerangedPerson

without them there wouldn't be the WAY better punk bands and who do u suggest is better punk bands

you seem to think greenday is good. Why should i even suggest any good bands to you? so you can check them out, start listening to them, and then wear teir shirts along with your greenday and ramones shirts? I bet youre the kind who also like the clash, sex pistols, and any other band whos shirts are at the mall.

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 09:35 AM
the pixies slash from g and r clash roxette the donnas the casualties sloppy seconds screeching weasels and a crap loada other great punk bands were influenced by em

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 09:37 AM

you seem to think greenday is good. Why should i even suggest any good bands to you? so you can check them out, start listening to them, and then wear teir shirts along with your greenday and ramones shirts? I bet youre the kind who also like the clash, sex pistols, and any other band whos shirts are at the mall.

no. greenday is way to fucking popular for my taste

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 09:38 AM
i like the real punk not the bubble gum emo bullshit of today

Vivica
09-11-2005, 09:38 AM
not one of the most influential bands in the world... but they did have a big impact yes, and they were fucking awesome!

one_armed_boxer
09-11-2005, 09:41 AM

no. greenday is way to f**king popular for my taste

then why did you keep bringing them up?

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 09:43 AM

no. greenday is way to f**king popular for my taste

then why did you keep bringing them up? i used to like em in the 1990s-1995 when there first albums came out then from there on it went downhill

-=MuTT=-
09-11-2005, 10:10 AM
How can you even call greenday and blink 182 punk?

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by -=MuTT=-

they try to hard..but i did like greenday way back when

Vivica
09-11-2005, 10:19 AM
its obvious you have NO idea about either of those bands

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Vivica
its obvious you have NO idea about either of those bands

nah not relly lol i tend to avoid them

-=MuTT=-
09-11-2005, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by -=MuTT=-

they try to hard..but i did like greenday way back when

Yuo have some shit taste in music

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 11:02 AM
ughh..

k current bands i listen to ... ramones joy division bad religon..these 3 r in my top five i got alot of more bands i like i hate greenday blink182 the used my chemical romance all the emo shit blah blah.....

Anti-Hero
09-11-2005, 12:37 PM
i must say, io love the ramones, deranged person is a complete idiot, let fire fall listens to shit music

DerangedPerson
09-11-2005, 03:09 PM
k k k wtf..

biff_corp
09-11-2005, 03:29 PM
the ramones influenced so many bands. dont say they didnt do shit

Anti-Hero
09-11-2005, 04:43 PM
k k k wtf..
you think youre such a huge ramones fan and so punkxkore but youre a fucking retard, name all the OG band members, their instruments and their real names if youre such a big fan, without looking them up

tubbyturd
09-11-2005, 08:35 PM
joey ramone was a glam rocker before he was in the ramones....little bit of trivia for those of you who care.

Kolzig
09-12-2005, 10:55 AM
deranged person really is deranged. even if one doesnt like like them they have to admit that they along with the clash and pistols invented punk music. and whoever says they suck u probly listen to fallout boy so go listen to your emo music in a corner and cry

one_armed_boxer
09-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Kolzig
deranged person really is deranged. even if one doesnt like like them they have to admit that they along with the clash and pistols invented punk music. and whoever says they suck u probly listen to fallout boy so go listen to your emo music in a corner and cry

no.. i think they suck and i dont listen to fallout boy. I listen to some emo, but that doesnt make me a pathetic loser, and i dont dress that way either.

who cares if they influenced lots of great bands? The Misfits influenced so many bands, but they sucked for the most part too.

Kolzig
09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
now u truly are an idiot. the misfits are another good band that should get more respect than they do. basically no one agrees with you so just shut up

redneck_skater
09-12-2005, 03:16 PM
i listen to about everything. and the ramones have turned out 2nd right behind ac/dc

Anti-Hero
09-12-2005, 05:56 PM

what about johnny thunders, even the who started the whole destroying instruments thing

Originally posted by tubbyturd
joey ramone was a glam rocker before he was in the ramones....little bit of trivia for those of you who care.

because he grew up listening to the new york dolls and television

d_n_b_and_d_u_b
09-12-2005, 06:03 PM
If there were no Ramones there would be no Misfits and if there were no Misfits there would be no AFI, and if there were AFI there may not be S.O.S. and so on. The Ramones are legendary.

one_armed_boxer
09-12-2005, 07:10 PM
now u truly are an idiot. the misfits are another good band that should get more respect than they do. basically no one agrees with you so just shut up

who ever said i wanted people to agree with me? I have an opinion and i have as much a right to express it as you do. I dont like the ramones and i dont liek the misfits. WHo ever said they werent influential? I just dont like them. PLain and simple.

liebherk
09-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Here's the way I see it. Somebody gets an idea and does something new, which is rough and not so great compared to today's standards, but at the time it's new and starts a whole new thing. Somebody starts it, and somebody fine-tunes it to be a whole lot better.

one_armed_boxer
09-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by liebherk
Here's the way I see it. Somebody gets an idea and does something new, which is rough and not so great compared to today's standards, but at the time it's new and starts a whole new thing. Somebody starts it, and somebody fine-tunes it to be a whole lot better.

exactly..i can respect what they did... but at the same time i dont like the way they sound compared to the rest of the stuff i listen to

Anti-Hero
09-14-2005, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by liebherk

exactly..i can respect what they did... but at the same time i dont like the way they sound compared to the rest of the stuff i listen to

and what does the rest of the stuff you listen to sound like, if you say green day i will kill myself