PDA

View Full Version : Music Is Dead

Chump Champ
12-31-2005, 10:15 AM
In my friend's buddy profile, he had this:

Dear World.
Music is dead. Today, i searched "Punk Rock Tours" and I got a tour schedule for Death Cab For Cutie. That was the first sign of apocolypse. Then, I figured I could trust the Ottobar, the venue thats housed such greats like The Melvins and te Casualties. I took a look at their tour schedule and was horrified. Armor for Sleep, hellogoodbye, Plain White T's. What. The. Fuck. When shit like this is taking over, it doesn't mean just punk rocks dead, it means music is dead. All of it. Congradulations to ever girl pants wearing transvestite male out there. Thanks to all the girls with that fucking same hair cut and that same Taking Back Sunday and My Chemical Romance shirt. Thanks for ruining music. You win. I want another fucking Jim Morrison. I want Kurt Cobain, and Mark Arm. I want another revolution. I want a breath of fresh air in music. Once again, thanks for murdering it.

I agree with it. Anyone else?

Vivica
12-31-2005, 10:19 AM
no, i disagree with every single thing that he has said and think he's an idiot.

FG Haze
12-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Wow, Chump Champ, you dont even deserve for me to capitalize your name! Hell, yeah, i wish that a guy came along now like jimi, jim or janis, but i mean, times have changed. Music is music, people listen to what they want to hear. I dont know about you, but i still listen to the doors, led zeppelin, hendrix, dylan, the byrds, everything... Punk may be dead, but there is still real music out there. Music is something that deserves great respect, as everyone who listens, creates, and criticizes has their favorites. You just completely foiled the whole concept of musics purpose, and i think you should rethink your "theory" and go tell youre boyfriend his bullshit can go jump off a building.

Plenty of shitty threads on this forum today eh?

child-of-insanity
12-31-2005, 10:27 AM
uh....you're friend could just deal with it...

Vivica
punk isn't dead you newbies just think its cool to say punks dead because you want people to see how hardcore you are...

there are artists as good as those you listed and better both recording and playing live, but most of you are too stupid to notice them.

music is not dead, kids are just stupid, end of story.

Black_Flag
You're a moron. Who cares what punk is and what it isn't. If you are intrigued by something else rather than the music, than you're a scenster. Why wouldn't you want the punk world to be more open and accepting. I admit, I love metal and emo the most as far as music goes, but I love music to no end and I will be willing to check into every type of music out there as long as I like it. So at least do yourself a favor and appreciate the fact that music exists and that it can put your message out and unite us all together. But we have people like you that don't let that happen.

Popwar Pill
12-31-2005, 10:29 AM
well....oh snaps could it be? find more bands like the ones you like? or just maybe do the impossible and search for some underground people that are good? music isnt dead. your just lazy.

FG Haze
12-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Wow, Chump Champ, you dont even deserve for me to capitalize your name! Hell, yeah, i wish that a guy came along now like jimi, jim or janis, but i mean, times have changed. Music is music, people listen to what they want to hear. I dont know about you, but i still listen to the doors, led zeppelin, hendrix, dylan, the byrds, everything... Punk may be dead, but there is still real music out there. Music is something that deserves great respect, as everyone who listens, creates, and criticizes has their favorites. You just completely foiled the whole concept of musics purpose, and i think you should rethink your "theory" and go tell youre boyfriend his bullshit can go jump off a building.

Plenty of shitty threads on this forum today eh?

ill say it again...

11yearold_sk8r
12-31-2005, 10:36 AM
ur friend in my opiinion is a homo

BailBoarder
12-31-2005, 10:55 AM
music is not dead. music has been around as long as man and it will never die

mkcrank mulisha
12-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Your friend really needs to take spelling lessons.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
12-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Music isnt dead. It just takes more effort to find great bands. Personally I dont think Punk Is Dead either. I'll stand by that till the end. I figure how can a genre with so many variations die? Infact how can any genre die. Music is still alive and it wont die until it is banned or something. Which I don't think will ever happen.

encyclopedia
12-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Your 'friend' failed to convince me that just becuase the new 'popular' music is not sounding like The Casulties, that life isn't worth living.

Tell your friend that he's no better than the scene kids these days by just moping around, and not doing anything about it.

p
12-31-2005, 01:10 PM
your friend is an idiot. he searched for something on the INTERNET. it not always the most reliable source to try to prove something.

SMR
12-31-2005, 01:11 PM
I like Death Cab for Cutie....

The Ottobar is sick by the way, I saw the Aquabats there.

Rock_Rocks77
12-31-2005, 01:25 PM
you and your friend are dumbasses.

vivica, shut up and stop acting like you know everything (only I do)
besides judging from your sig i can tell you have horrible taste in music.

and last but not least, ska sucks and if music has died then its the single one genre of music responsible for it all.

and i dont know what the fuck the casualties are considered, but if i ever saw them in person, I would sucker punch them and kick them in the teeth for making me wanna hang myself when I see pictures of them.

Chump Champ
12-31-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm not saying that all music is dead, I am just agreeing with some aspects of what he wrote. Before the Beatles came, everybody in the US basically thought the same things. People with long hair were rebels, and people immidiately thought that when the Beatles performed on the Ed Sullivan show. Then, people started following them and they became popular, and accepted into American culture. After that, a revolution took place, with the hippie era starting. Now, you don't have to wait to speak until spoken to, and many other stupid rules they had before then changed for the better. A revolution took place. All I'm trying to say is that the Beatles influenced a lot of music, and many different genres were born from them. Theres not many bands out today (save a few) who will cause such a change and be one of the best and memorable bands in history

Vivica
12-31-2005, 01:45 PM

and last but not least, ska sucks and if music has died then its the single one genre of music responsible for it all.

oooh... burn.

i know i don't know everything, but it would seem i know one hell of alot more than this kids retarded friend.
and as for my taste in music, i don't think you can judge that from just one logo in my signature.

and your comment about ska... i totally disagree, Totally!

SkaisdeaD
12-31-2005, 01:48 PM
damn your like the hitler of music.
blaming ska for the way music ended up.
NAZI!

ANTI-HERO92
12-31-2005, 01:49 PM
punk isn't dead you newbies just think its cool to say punks dead because you want people to see how hardcore you are...

there are artists as good as those you listed and better both recording and playing live, but most of you are too stupid to notice them.

music is not dead, kids are just stupid, end of story.
u should die do u really think green day and good charlotte r punk. punk is dead. do u hear bands like dead boys and black flag any more no

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
12-31-2005, 02:09 PM
You should really stop being so damn close minded. You hold onto your classics likes thats all that there is. Its great to like old music I enjoy it to but the bands have moved on so should you.

Rock_Rocks77
12-31-2005, 02:15 PM
if thats you in your avatar, i would also enjoy sucker punching you and throwing a brick at your teeth.

givehugsnotdrugs
12-31-2005, 02:17 PM
u should die do u really think green day and good charlotte r punk. punk is dead. do u hear bands like dead boys and black flag any more no
Yes actually, you do. Dead Boys and Black Flag were never on the radio, and neither is the good shit now. When has anyone in this thread said Green Day and Good Charlotte are punk?

Vivica
12-31-2005, 02:19 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

seriously kid, from stuff you've said before i'm guessing you're 14 and think you're cool because you listen to punk.

if you knew a thing about me you'd have seen that i know a fair amount more about music than alot of you stupid little kids.

furthermore, do not say i should die, especially when you're one of the retarded little kids who can't even type the full word YOU.

fucking retard, say that to me face.

Rock_Rocks77
12-31-2005, 02:21 PM
punk has always, currently, and will always suck. so stop wasting your time over such shit.

CasperGuy
12-31-2005, 02:25 PM
FUCKING HELL YEAH !!!! hes absolutly wright and i agree with him!!!

igrindtwinkies
12-31-2005, 02:27 PM
You fucking dumbass.

SMR
12-31-2005, 02:28 PM

and i dont know what the fuck the casualties are considered, but if i ever saw them in person, I would sucker punch them and kick them in the teeth for making me wanna hang myself when I see pictures of them.

Silence you! There's more than classic rock. Live in the now mannnn! Actually...that makes me a hypocrite, I'm just as bad, only wanting to be in the 90's. Oh well, widen your horizon a little though, not all ska is bad, you can't talk down on a whole genre when there are 93939393 sub-genres of it.

Rock_Rocks77
12-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Silence you! There's more than classic rock. Live in the now mannnn! Actually...that makes me a hypocrite, I'm just as bad, only wanting to be in the 90's. Oh well, widen your horizon a little though, not all ska is bad, you can't talk down on a whole genre when there are 93939393 sub-genres of it.

too bad nearly half the songs on my computer are rap...

FG Haze
12-31-2005, 02:32 PM
oooh... burn.

i know i don't know everything, but it would seem i know one hell of alot more than this kids retarded friend.
and as for my taste in music, i don't think you can judge that from just one logo in my signature.

and your comment about ska... i totally disagree, Totally!

i think youre starting to get overruled...

and rock rocks told me youre a chick, and to say this:

suck my dick and make me a sandwich hahaha

Vivica
12-31-2005, 02:45 PM
what you think just because somebody's been here longer than me their points have more weight? grow up.

if you don't even know who i am then you have no right to have a go at me or my views in anyway, i suggest you shut up.

music is not dead, punk does not suck, rap does not suck, and the human species buys alot of shit music, that's all my points compacted into a short sentance.

SkateorElse
12-31-2005, 02:59 PM

and i dont know what the fuck the casualties are considered, but if i ever saw them in person, I would sucker punch them and kick them in the teeth for making me wanna hang myself when I see pictures of them. I disagree with about everything you just sid, and how much ska have you heard? Im guessing not very much. You're really closed minded, brighten your horisins a little more.

Renegade of Funk
12-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Music isnt dead, and punk was never alive, therefore its not dead or alive. done and done

PoolShark
12-31-2005, 03:29 PM
your freind couldnt be more wrong

ZeroSkater1235
01-01-2006, 09:26 AM
punk sux dick now it is dead. anti heo was right though bands like good charlotte arent punk and whut r u talkin about green day and shit is all over tv and the radio

The One Who Once Was
01-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Music is all opinion. To some people the current wave of music may be "dead" but to others it's still alive and kickin'. Quit talking down about music you don't like, just talk about the shit you do like. What's the point of talking about stuff you don't like? Just focus on what you do like.

Black_Flag
01-01-2006, 10:20 AM
1. Some of you guys need to stop sucking Rock Rocks ***** because he by no means knows everything in the world.
2. If you say punk music sucks, than you're a close-minded person. Honestly, I'm not a huge punk fan myself, but I at least keep my mind open to the music. Punk music has a huge range if you think about it, The Stooges, The Clash, Black Flag, and even some people give mention to the Who. Its just when you stereotype it as a certain sound, then you are nothing but a scenester.
3.Some of you are plain pathetic - "punx dead now cuz all it is is good charlotte and fall out boy". Things like that being said, makes me want to shoot myself. Who cares what punk is, music should be what intrigues you, not image or labels.

Come on, if for once, people would stop being so close-minded. I mean, you go to a show, and most of the time its either a punk show, a metal show, a hardcore show etc. etc. Why can't we be all together and not be so segregated.

encyclopedia
01-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Rocks stop trying to be like Maddox. Stop saying 'sucker punch' and 'roundhouse kick', becuase frankly, no one gives a shit what you say you're going to do to them. You're a weedy little 14 year old with a ginger afro, know your place.

Too many wankers on the board.

Zero Tolerance
01-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Music isnt dead, its just that alot of people are more into the looks and styles of it.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Punk was never a true genre, it was an idea. It started out as a classic rock/rock n roll genre but with anger and rebelion towards record companies and the mainstream, then The Sex pistols came and fucked it up totally with all their retarded/pointless bullshit and now we have shit like Green Day out now. Punk doesn't even exist anymore. Anyone who thinks differently knows nothing about it.

SMR
01-01-2006, 03:18 PM
too bad nearly half the songs on my computer are rap...

Well, I've been thoroughly owned and I apologize for my mistake. I just remembered you talking a lot about Bobby D and such and assumed