PDA

View Full Version : Zune or Ipod............or other?

igrindtwinkies
04-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Ok story time.

My Ipod Video 30Gb only has about 6 gigs of free space till it's maxed out. So once It's filled completely I plan on upgrading to either a Zune 120gig or and Ipod Classic 120gig. Right now Im leaning towards the Zune because there interface looks much nicer then the ipod's imo. I've also heard the sound quality is better then the pod's. Plus everyone and there brother has an Ipod.

Just need some opinions.

Leftwinga03
04-24-2009, 07:16 AM
get an 80 gig ipod classic. you most likely wont need a 120 GB

shadowskater555
04-24-2009, 07:34 AM
u shud just look for a regualr mp4 player,a lot fo them look nice,and some have touch screens,and are the same price or cheaper than ipods,and mp4 players use drag and drop,not itunes.

Iron.Maiden
04-24-2009, 07:40 AM
I think that iPods are easier to manage, but if you noticed you hear people talking all the time bout ipod troubles. So maybe a Zune.

tubbyturd
04-24-2009, 06:24 PM
I've got the old zune 30 gig and I love it. Granted, it's the size of a brick, but it's about as durable as one, too.

If the newer models are anything like the old ones, definitely go for that. I know I will.

Zime
04-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I'd say Zune.. Ipods are like, they are alright but Zune is cool.

akkaquill
04-24-2009, 08:11 PM
if you made me choose between an ipod and a zune i'd choose zune. if you made me choose between an ipod and not listening to music ever again in my life, i'd choose not listening to music ever again in my life. get the zune. sell your ipod to some moron at school.

Paganboy
04-24-2009, 08:41 PM
you gotta get a zune. they kill the ipod. well i guess ipods just die really.

mjk
04-24-2009, 08:59 PM
i had a zune, but got an iPod touch because that owns all..
but zunes own all ipods except for the touch

Ynot
04-24-2009, 09:03 PM
SANSA!!!!!!a

(Valo Falcone)
04-25-2009, 03:05 AM
iPod for sure, I have a 30 gb Zune, a 80 gb Zune, and 2 80 gb iPods and I like the iPods better. Sound I go for iPod more cause the EQ settings is so much better. The hip-hop setting on the zune the bass is weak while the bass boost on the iPod pushes the bass to stand out. But before you buy anything read about the common issues, cause I dropped my 80 gb Zune a few times and and now the screen won't come on. A wire or something became disconnected, and Im too cheap to send it in or buy the special tool you need to open it. Really if you want a better sound, get better headphones.

But I heard of a new Sony Walkman, big screen, touch, and own backgound. If so Im buying (if theres a 30 or more gb model)

killyourfamily
04-25-2009, 03:48 AM
if you made me choose between an ipod and a zune i'd choose zune. if you made me choose between an ipod and not listening to music ever again in my life, i'd choose not listening to music ever again in my life. get the zune. sell your ipod to some moron at school.
Have you ever told a bigger lie?

akkaquill
04-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Have you ever told a bigger lie?

no lies.

DomPy
04-25-2009, 07:53 AM
Ok story time.

My Ipod Video 30Gb only has about 6 gigs of free space till it's maxed out. So once It's filled completely I plan on upgrading to either a Zune 120gig or and Ipod Classic 120gig. Right now Im leaning towards the Zune because their interface looks much nicer then the ipod's imo. I've also heard the sound quality is better then the pod's. Plus everyone and there brother has an Ipod.

Just need some opinions.

i'd go for the zune, but what is it with so many people on this site typing 'and' instead of 'an'?

killyourfamily
04-25-2009, 08:33 AM
no lies.
Liar. You and I both know you'd never stop listening to music.

akkaquill
04-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Liar. You and I both know you'd never stop listening to music.

i would if i was forced to get an ipod!

DagzNotDead
04-25-2009, 08:50 AM
i heard bad things about zune from my ICT teacher. Ipod's are good.

igrindtwinkies
04-25-2009, 09:23 AM
I've got the old zune 30 gig and I love it. Granted, it's the size of a brick, but it's about as durable as one, too.

If the newer models are anything like the old ones, definitely go for that. I know I will.

Size isn't that big of a deal to me.
iPod for sure, I have a 30 gb Zune, a 80 gb Zune, and 2 80 gb iPods and I like the iPods better. Sound I go for iPod more cause the EQ settings is so much better. The hip-hop setting on the zune the bass is weak while the bass boost on the iPod pushes the bass to stand out. But before you buy anything read about the common issues, cause I dropped my 80 gb Zune a few times and and now the screen won't come on. A wire or something became disconnected, and Im too cheap to send it in or buy the special tool you need to open it. Really if you want a better sound, get better headphones.

But I heard of a new Sony Walkman, big screen, touch, and own backgound. If so Im buying (if theres a 30 or more gb model)

Back in the day weren't you anti mp3 players?

Zime
04-25-2009, 09:34 AM

Send me one lol. I don't even want one that big tbh. I just want to listen to music on it.

(Valo Falcone)
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
No really if you want good sound stick with iPods cause even with the noise reduction on my Sony MD-NC17s I can still hear shit, on an iPod with the bass boost up I can't even hear me clapping beside my ears.

I have the money to buy one right now but Im going to wait for a small price drop. $500 doesn't seem like its worth it for a 32GB right now, but it does have a ton of great sounding features
http://nozama.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ed05fc28833011168cf6a1f970c-pi
The 3-inch touch-enabled OLED display
432 x 240 WQVGA resolution
WMV, MPEG-4, and H.264 video formats
music encoded in MP3, WMA, and AAC (I don't give a flying FLAC about FLAC files)
Wi-Fi support
automatic podcast downloading
direct YouTube access
an FM tuner
S-master digital audio amplification
digital noise cancellation capability with the bundled headphones (top it off with my noise cancellating NC17s and its a win)

Battery life is rated at 33 hours for music playback and 9 hours for video use.
Well for $500 (32GB) sounds pretty damn good, but still Im going to wait for it to get down to $400 or lower for the 32.

iAmASkater
04-25-2009, 05:33 PM
I used to have a zune 30 gb. I never used all the space and the screen broke in like a month. I now have an iPod touch for casual usage and two iPod shuffles for skating. Go with the iPod touch for entertainment. But for skating it doesn't really matter what u get as long as it's not bulky, expensive, or fragile.

killyourfamily
04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
i would if i was forced to get an ipod!
STOP iT YOU GOD DAMN LIAR!

akkaquill
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
STOP iT YOU GOD DAMN LIAR!

i kil u

Wh0l3j
04-26-2009, 07:24 AM
zune's the best dawg

Fudopi
04-26-2009, 09:48 AM
I have an 8gb zune and an 80gb ipod classic...

I'd DEFINITELY say get the ipod. Zune's interface is much harder to use, and even though it doesn't have a software thing like itunes, you almost wish it did because it's hard as fuck to get your music remotely organized. Plus, itunes isn't a bad program at all. Everyone says it limits you to itunes music, no, you click file, then click add folder to library, and add whatever music you please. It also take every type of file, and it converts it to mp3 (ipod plays AAC and mp3). Only thing I don't like about the ipods is that it's really picky about video files... MP4 and what you get from itunes are all that work, and most videos are neither of those so you need a converter program.

But either way, ipods are very durable, the sound really isn't that bad if you have decent headphones (sennheiser), zune, sound is still pretty good but they aren't durable at all, interface is fucked up to use etc.

not to mention the zune screen is totally gay for watching movies.

rean2
04-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Zune

yellowcoconut
04-26-2009, 11:21 AM
iPod for sure, dude.

el barto
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
the zune software was horrible on my computer. I've had 2 iPods after the zune, and i've been fine ever since. i am currently using an ipod touch, which i really like.

enjoi the panda
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
dude zune for sure, it has better games, a bigger screen, looks sexier (imo) and is just all around better

KidEh
05-03-2009, 02:34 PM
I would say cowon d2. Its small, great battery life; 60 hours for music, 10 for video, great file support, and great sound quality. One of the downsides is that it isn't very suitable for watching video, but neither is the iPod Classic. It also has a kwirky user interface, which gives the average user too many options to mess around with at one time. I personally do not have one, but a friend of mine let me test-drive it for a full day.

Neither the iPod Classic, nor the Zune can compare in those aspects. They both however have great design, great form, easy to use interfaces, and the Zune boasts a video friendly screen at the expense of some battery life.

If you are shelling out that much money, please consider upgrading from the stock earbuds. I use Sennheiser IE6 earbuds with my home-refurbished 1st Gen iPod Nano, and believe me when I say it is a large step-up, and well worth however much you want to spend. Stay away from skullcandy as well, it's just a fad. The cheap Sennheiser and Sony will do you good for the price.