PDA

View Full Version : my band?

shatterskater
04-23-2009, 05:06 PM
roman revival http://www.myspace.com/romanrevival
i'm the singer/rhythm guitar

please give me some tips/thoughts/comments/criticism on our work so far. be as harsh as youd like, all i want is for my band to be good.. thanks

eberg15101
04-23-2009, 05:31 PM
put more power into your voice, your like wispering, and then just basic mixing stuff, the vocals on the last song on the list that had "old demo" beside it, the vocals were really loud compared to the other track, then the third song down, it was a faster one, maybe it was called disconection or something like that, the guitar tone sucked, and there was some type of percussive ringing coming out of the right speaker that was wayy over the top

you have a good core though, if you just take a bit of time and work out some of the rough spots youd have a damn good band

akkaquill
04-24-2009, 02:42 PM
take the giant banner on the top of the page off and you'll be good to go.

Ynot
04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
work on the singing, like projecting yourself more. other than that, you guys are pretty good

shatterskater
04-24-2009, 07:06 PM
put more power into your voice, your like wispering, and then just basic mixing stuff, the vocals on the last song on the list that had "old demo" beside it, the vocals were really loud compared to the other track, then the third song down, it was a faster one, maybe it was called disconection or something like that, the guitar tone sucked, and there was some type of percussive ringing coming out of the right speaker that was wayy over the top

you have a good core though, if you just take a bit of time and work out some of the rough spots youd have a damn good band

ill definitely work on the singing. and yeah it was ghetto produced by our drummer using his mac, so i know the production wasnt the best. yes & i know the vocals were loud thats why it was the demo theres the ep version too on there. but thanks a lot man

take the giant banner on the top of the page off and you'll be good to go.
come on man we love that thing. ill consider it

work on the singing, like projecting yourself more. other than that, you guys are pretty good
im definetely going to work on that. but its not bad right, just improperly projected?

BAKAAA
04-24-2009, 11:43 PM
i feel it just the vocals need a bit of work, but other than that you guys sound good

shatterskater
04-25-2009, 11:55 AM
i feel it just the vocals need a bit of work, but other than that you guys sound good
does anyone have any specific tips on what i can do to sing better

eberg15101
04-25-2009, 12:19 PM
does anyone have any specific tips on what i can do to sing better

just try to put more power in your voice

Iron.Maiden
04-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Sing with a bit more passion. Sounds pretty good.

Dominionskate
04-25-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't really know how to critique making it better, but I like your band. Good, calm sound. The white and yellow logo looks cool(above the profile picture).

cornh0lio
04-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Singing is mehhhh (like everyone else said..). I don't really listen to your style of music too often but everything else sounded pretty good from a drummers perspective.

SUPER GRAND
04-25-2009, 12:51 PM
ill definitely work on the singing. and yeah it was ghetto produced by our drummer using his mac, so i know the production wasnt the best. yes & i know the vocals were loud thats why it was the demo theres the ep version too on there. but thanks a lot man

come on man we love that thing. ill consider it

im definetely going to work on that. but its not bad right, just improperly projected?
make it the background

shatterskater
04-25-2009, 06:44 PM
just try to put more power in your voicethanks i literally spent a couple hours today with our drummer who basically is a voice teacher and has multiinstrumental asian wisdom.

Sing with a bit more passion. Sounds pretty good.thanks dawg

I don't really know how to critique making it better, but I like your band. Good, calm sound. The white and yellow logo looks cool(above the profile picture).if you like us add us ma man

Singing is mehhhh (like everyone else said..). I don't really listen to your style of music too often but everything else sounded pretty good from a drummers perspective.sweet. the singing will be hopefully taken care of.

make it the backgroundno thats cheesy IMO

Dominionskate
04-25-2009, 07:05 PM
I added you yesterday

Marevix
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Your voice is too breathy, you don't sustain enough. More projection.

Ynot
04-26-2009, 05:59 AM
make it the background
i think you should keep it as a banner, there's plenty of well known bands with more MASSIVE banners on their pages

yellowcoconut
04-26-2009, 10:18 AM
More projection.

t pudz has arm steez
04-26-2009, 02:47 PM
well im not a big fan of alternative and in general that type of singing isn't for me so i'm not sure how you can improve it. but from a perspective of someone who listens to thrash metal and melodic death metal type of stuff this is really relaxing and good. exspecially for a small band you guys sound very professional. i listened to hollywood mascot and i feel that the song needs a bit more body to it. it sounds a bit incomplete but if a lot of alternative music is like that than this is great.

shatterskater
04-27-2009, 04:58 PM
well im not a big fan of alternative and in general that type of singing isn't for me so i'm not sure how you can improve it. but from a perspective of someone who listens to thrash metal and melodic death metal type of stuff this is really relaxing and good. exspecially for a small band you guys sound very professional. i listened to hollywood mascot and i feel that the song needs a bit more body to it. it sounds a bit incomplete but if a lot of alternative music is like that than this is great.
thanks. except when you say it needs more body.. well you happened to listen to our only acoustic song ha

t pudz has arm steez
04-27-2009, 05:00 PM
^^ oh yes that could be why but maybe louder the guitar or something but i'm not sure if it's just your style of music and i'm just used to much more intense stuff

igrindtwinkies
04-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Listening to it right meow. Not my style of music but it's sounds pretty relaxing and good. The singing sounds pretty damn good for being so cheaply produced. I don't usually check out these threads but you have a pretty sweet name so I thought Id check it out. I'll have to keep checking up on your music.