PDA

View Full Version : Recording Guitar?

Ibanez
03-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Okay, well. I downloading audacity, its supposed to be good. I want to record some of my guitar playing.

I have one of these thingymajigs,

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/tekker/Connecting%20To%20Soundcard/1-4-inch%20to%201-8-inch%20Adaptor.jpg

So I just plug that into my mic section on my sound card, then my guitar, and I go to audacity and I have tried EVERYTHING. What do I do?

Or suggest new software that you KNOW works good. I dont know, just help.

crooked09
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Never worked with audacity but if you just get like a full sequencing/recording program like Cubase (what I use) or Pro Tools you'd be set.

Though plugging just straight into sound card is going to come up pretty low quality and completely dry guitar signal (no distortion or effects etc), and unless you're purely just trying to jot down ideas you'd be better off just getting a USB audio interface (like 200$ and would come with amp modeling software and a sequencing program)

reptiskate52
03-01-2009, 03:03 PM
I use a cassette deck, a microphone and computer speakers to record. It's kinda lo-fi, but it sounds alright. I really think digital isn't worth all the cash, plus it's more impressive if you can mix songs to your liking just by using tapes.