PDA

View Full Version : theses kids..

g00Db0y8
02-28-2009, 05:01 PM
these kids from my school made a band and everyone thinks there the shit.
i do not, and i have nothing against metal so its not that.

i dont know, what do you guys think?

www.myspace.com/nosafehaven1

codyguy
02-28-2009, 05:07 PM
don't like it.

woop tang
02-28-2009, 05:10 PM
i think the only reason everyone at your school think they're the shit is because its like, "omg we have an actual band at our school! thats so cool!"

king
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
do not like

g00Db0y8
02-28-2009, 05:28 PM
i think the only reason everyone at your school think they're the shit is because its like, "omg we have an actual band at our school! thats so cool!"

yeah i guess so
i was at work today and some kid asked me if i wanted to go to see them and i said no and he said "why?!" and i said they sucked and he flipped shit

(Valo Falcone)
02-28-2009, 06:51 PM
That sounded like hardcore shit with shitty "growls". Stupid gay scene kids and a guy in a suit tie with a t-shirt? Why rip off the looks of overrated other terrible scene bands?

emerica12
02-28-2009, 07:17 PM
They suck.

reptiskate52
02-28-2009, 07:20 PM
High school bands 99% of the time suck dick. I avoid seeing them and more importantly being in them at all costs.

g00Db0y8
02-28-2009, 07:23 PM
That sounded like hardcore shit with shitty "growls". Stupid gay scene kids and a guy in a suit tie with a t-shirt? Why rip off the looks of overrated other terrible scene bands?

thank you!

reptiskate52
02-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Wow, I just listened to intro. Clean guitar is unbarably sloppy.

CTskater94
02-28-2009, 07:27 PM
the song that played when i clicked on the link made me fidget so fuckin bad. the off timing of the guitar was so bad it made me like itch

edit: hahahah read the comments on their page.
"your music is like orgasm to your ears"

deathbat411
02-28-2009, 07:35 PM
yeah they suck

g00Db0y8
02-28-2009, 07:37 PM
it also bugs how the blond guitarists thinks he's the best guitarist around..
he's seriously told me, and like 2 other people we suck at guitar because we don't play metal (i can play metal, but i mostly play acoustic, folk, punk, ska, reggae)

Ynot
02-28-2009, 08:06 PM
they look like complete tools in their pics

and yeah they suck

akkaquill
02-28-2009, 08:49 PM
fight every kid in that band. they're all faggots. the lead vocalist sounds like a tool.

crooked09
03-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Sloppy as fuck. They might sound okay if they could play on time and put any effort into their recordings. But that aside the songs seem to have very little discretion put in - "this sounds okay so put it in there" was the overriding philosophy.

Definition of a "local band." Gets attention simply because they are there. Will never go anywhere else :)

the_unknown_soldier
03-01-2009, 10:10 AM
High school bands 99% of the time suck dick. I avoid seeing them and more importantly being in them at all costs.
It's so annoying having a group of kids just starting an instrument and trying to start a band with you.

I've also had kids start shitty "hardcore" bands and just assume that I'm in with them because we're friends.

Turboz
03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0EZmxiQS0k

the_unknown_soldier
03-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Bwahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!! The vocalist!!!!

Dunks
03-01-2009, 10:53 AM
It's so annoying having a group of kids just starting an instrument and trying to start a band with you.

I've also had kids start shitty "hardcore" bands and just assume that I'm in with them because we're friends.

ditto, although the band i'm in was formed that way

dude, look at this band's influences. good shit, but way too generic...they're have better luck being a cover band.

Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold,Bullet for my Valentine, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, Lamb of God, Metallica, and Slipknot

BAKAAA
03-03-2009, 11:00 PM
they are terrible but atleast they are in a band and doing what they like, if it makes them happy then who gives a fuck

FREDDYDAJOO
03-03-2009, 11:14 PM
ditto, although the band i'm in was formed that way

dude, look at this band's influences. good shit, but way too generic...they're have better luck being a cover band.

Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold,Bullet for my Valentine, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, Lamb of God, Metallica, and Slipknot

good shit? all of those bands are horrible, except early metallica

g00Db0y8
03-04-2009, 05:53 AM
good shit? all of those bands are horrible, except early metallica

thats what i was about to say.

bubbleboy
03-04-2009, 06:32 AM
I lulled.

DomPy
03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
the singer can't sing, the guitarists can't guitar

AMP
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
eww

the_unknown_soldier
03-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I actually lol'd at the vocals.

g00Db0y8
03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
hahaha

reptiskate52
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM

Same, so I keep to myself that I even play an instrument. Do recordings alone, play most instruments along with a drum machine, and generally enjoy making music that way. I don't think I'm that great, but it's annoying as fuck having to teach the other members of the band how to play as we write, which is how virtually every musician in my school is like.

the_unknown_soldier
03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Same, so I keep to myself that I even play an instrument. Do recordings alone, play most instruments along with a drum machine, and generally enjoy making music that way. I don't think I'm that great, but it's annoying as fuck having to teach the other members of the band how to play as we write, which is how virtually every musician in my school is like.
Yeah. Alot of people know I play guitar, and word often gets around that I'm good. At most, I'm okay, but I always get kids who are into screamo/emo bands coming up to me going "lol let jam!!!"

I was hanging out with a kid who's in one of our school's local bands, and he gives me a blank tab sheet and tells me to write the tabs for the Smells Like Teen Spirit lead. I didn't really know what to say.

Another thing that's annoying is when I'm playing classical on my acoustic, and kids are like "WTF, PLAY A SONG!!!"

g00Db0y8
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah. Alot of people know I play guitar, and word often gets around that I'm good. At most, I'm okay, but I always get kids who are into screamo/emo bands coming up to me going "lol let jam!!!"

I was hanging out with a kid who's in one of our school's local bands, and he gives me a blank tab sheet and tells me to write the tabs for the Smells Like Teen Spirit lead. I didn't really know what to say.

Another thing that's annoying is when I'm playing classical on my acoustic, and kids are like "WTF, PLAY A SONG!!!"

dude i know!

reptiskate52
03-04-2009, 01:26 PM

Haha, this actually happened to me today. So lame how kids learn the intro to Dammit and a couple power chords and all of a sudden they're the shit.

bubbleboy
03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Fuck kids who play guitar to be cool/all they listen to is shitty grunge power chord bullshit.

Captain America
03-04-2009, 02:01 PM
I feel bad for pausing Built to Spill now.

I hate it when people feel like they need to let everyone know that they play guitar. I did wish I had some people my age to play with though, but everyone cant play well and wants to cover tons of bullshit.

GetThunderStruck
03-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Too wannabe SOAD for me.

M Y S T E R Y
03-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Only good part in there was the Screamer, Casey.

Sev7nTGWTM
03-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Only good part in there was the Screamer, Casey, when he's not singing/screaming, of course.

I figured you left that out, so I fixed it for you.

Ynot
03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Haha, this actually happened to me today. So lame how kids learn the intro to Dammit and a couple power chords and all of a sudden they're the shit.
yeah, back in my high school they had like a guitar ensemble that i joined and shit. there was this one kid, i was cool with him and all, but everyone was always on his dick cause he could play a bunch of Nirvana songs and shit. idk, fuck high school

the_unknown_soldier
03-04-2009, 04:19 PM
yeah, back in my high school they had like a guitar ensemble that i joined and shit. there was this one kid, i was cool with him and all, but everyone was always on his dick cause he could play a bunch of Nirvana songs and shit. idk, fuck high school
Haha, oh shit! This reminds me of a story from MY guitar class.

Well, not much of a story, but a kid told the teacher he had a song to show him after class, and when he went up, he played him Hey There Delilah. The teacher just gave him a weird look and said "...okay?"

Ynot
03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Haha, oh shit! This reminds me of a story from MY guitar class.

Well, not much of a story, but a kid told the teacher he had a song to show him after class, and when he went up, he played him Hey There Delilah. The teacher just gave him a weird look and said "...okay?"
hahahaha, yeah that actually reminds me of when this other kid in my guitar class learned Blackbird to impress the teacher. dude didn't even know the difference between chords and scales hahaha

bubbleboy
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
So much lul in our guitar class.

Like, my teacher, has a doctorate in guitar, basically, was a metalhead in the 80's, so he can shred fast, but also in fucking bomb at classical, so like, whenever someone purposefully is making someone look bad or making fun of them for not being as good as they are at guitar, my teacher will just do crazy shit all up the fretboard, smile, and walk away. Those kids stop doing what they are doing.

That being said, I lul because there are 2 kids in my class in a band, so all the kids flock around them to suck their dicks, but me and my friend just chill, play some improv stuff, you know, just dicking around, and the best part is, they think they are better than us, but in reality, they play the same 6 power chords over and over.

Here is a link to the gay: http://www.myspace.com/unclaimed777

Ynot
03-04-2009, 04:33 PM

Like, my teacher, has a doctorate in guitar, basically, was a metalhead in the 80's, so he can shred fast, but also in fucking bomb at classical, so like, whenever someone purposefully is making someone look bad or making fun of them for not being as good as they are at guitar, my teacher will just do crazy shit all up the fretboard, smile, and walk away. Those kids stop doing what they are doing.

That being said, I lul because there are 2 kids in my class in a band, so all the kids flock around them to suck their dicks, but me and my friend just chill, play some improv stuff, you know, just dicking around, and the best part is, they think they are better than us, but in reality, they play the same 6 power chords over and over.

:-|

this thread is now about the shittiest bands in your region

the_unknown_soldier
03-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Hahaha! Guitar classes have the best stories!

There were two kids that sat in front of my friend and I in class. One of them was a beginner, and the other one had been playing for awhile. In reality, the kid who had been playing wasn't that bad, but he was so incredibly cocky that it was hillarious. Just in middle of class, he would always turn to the kid, just stare at him, and play Sweet Home Alabama really loud with his eyes bulging out of his face in an attempt to show off.

Then a few weeks into class, the teacher assigned a playing test where it's just a switch between like two powerchords, and the "good" kid was taking it super serious, practicing whenever he would get the chance. He played through it once, turned to the kid, and went "and THAT...is why I'm better than you". The beginner ended up getting a higher score than him.

bubbleboy
03-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Hahahahahaha, fucking nice.

God, the other day, one of them was listening to us play, and me and my buddy noticed it, so, he was like, "Karl, engage CN" so, he strikes up the chord, and I come in on the beat, and just play the second solo of comfortably numb flawlessly(dunno how) and I watched the kid out of the corner of my eye kinda like, back down and I know that he knew that he was gay.

Best guitar class ever.

Ynot
03-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Hahahahahaha, fucking nice.

God, the other day, one of them was listening to us play, and me and my buddy noticed it, so, he was like, "Karl, engage CN" so, he strikes up the chord, and I come in on the beat, and just play the second solo of comfortably numb flawlessly(dunno how) and I watched the kid out of the corner of my eye kinda like, back down and I know that he knew that he was gay.

Best guitar class ever.
whenever i improv, it makes some people want to quit. seriously.

reptiskate52
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't have a guitar class at my school.

bubbleboy
03-04-2009, 04:52 PM
That may or may not suck for you.

I have friends who play guitar with me, and we are all in the class, so we just chill, and our teacher is dope.

I'm not too good at improving, I mean, I just kinda go with whatever, but most of it isn't too like, amazing, but better than the kids I've been talking about.

reptiskate52
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
If anything, I'm best at improv. Not that I'm great at that. I used to chill with a bunch of people and just fuck around on acoustic, but just don't anymore.

the_unknown_soldier
03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm glad I took my guitar class. I've always been able to read music, but I always sucked at incorperating it into guitar.

Plus the guitar teacher is also the band teacher, so he liked me alot. He would always let me leave class during theory assignments and work on my own stuff, because they were all on the first packet, and I was on the fifth.

bubbleboy
03-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Hahaha, damn.

Ynot
03-04-2009, 05:01 PM
If anything, I'm best at improv. Not that I'm great at that. I used to chill with a bunch of people and just fuck around on acoustic, but just don't anymore.
yeah, first guitar i ever played was an old acoustic with only the E, A and high e strings, then i got other guitars and shit. then eventually i got lessons cause i actually wanted to learn the right method of it and progress, you know

the_unknown_soldier
03-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah. I'm still not really great at theory. I've just been in music classes for so long, alot of musical knowledge is just second nature to me.

Plus my teacher is actually a good teacher. He's inhuman when it comes to music. Guy's a fucking beast.

Ynot
03-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah. I'm still not really great at theory. I've just been in music classes for so long, alot of musical knowledge is just second nature to me.

Plus my teacher is actually a good teacher. He's inhuman when it comes to music. Guy's a fucking beast.
yeah my teacher was the coolest, he knew a ton of theory and shit, but he wasn't one of those dudes who was all like "you're supposed to play it like this!!", he really encouraged students to be creative and do shit their own way. i think that's what helped me with improv and shit.

reptiskate52
03-05-2009, 03:44 AM
I know a shitton of theory, but I've gotten that from my dad's friend and just my own reading.

FREDDYDAJOO
03-05-2009, 09:20 AM
guitar class was the best... i remember one day this kid that thought he was badass cause he could play the intro riff to Unholy Confessions walked in with makeup on and this junior just walked up to him and screamed "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" the kid was shivering hahaha

Turboz
03-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Hahaha! Guitar classes have the best stories!

There were two kids that sat in front of my friend and I in class. One of them was a beginner, and the other one had been playing for awhile. In reality, the kid who had been playing wasn't that bad, but he was so incredibly cocky that it was hillarious. Just in middle of class, he would always turn to the kid, just stare at him, and play Sweet Home Alabama really loud with his eyes bulging out of his face in an attempt to show off.

Then a few weeks into class, the teacher assigned a playing test where it's just a switch between like two powerchords, and the "good" kid was taking it super serious, practicing whenever he would get the chance. He played through it once, turned to the kid, and went "and THAT...is why I'm better than you". The beginner ended up getting a higher score than him.seriously, the kid got cocky because he can switch powerchords?

Skate_Street
03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
They look like they'd be in ICP.

And they suck, and so does their logo "The Monster behind the music".

popwar sk8er
03-05-2009, 12:28 PM
as soon as these kids in my school found out i played bass i got offers to be in six different bands.all of them wanting to be the next blink 182.of course i rejected all of them with a big ''fuck you''.im waiting til college to start a band or something with people who actually will stick with music.thats why im going to (or gonna try to go to)belmont in tennessee.

the_unknown_soldier
03-05-2009, 02:16 PM
seriously, the kid got cocky because he can switch powerchords?
Yeah. The teacher was even laughing when he assigned it.

This is basically how it went.

-------------------------------------------------
---------------------2-2-4-4-2-2-4-4--------------
--2-2-4-4-2-2-4-4---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0--------------
--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-------------------------------

I typed that super shitty, but you get the idea.

stinkingfish
03-05-2009, 04:46 PM
damn it sucks going to a ghetto school, I wish I had guitar class. or photography, or art class where we actually draw.

Turboz
03-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah. The teacher was even laughing when he assigned it.

This is basically how it went.

---------------------2-2-4-4-2-2-4-4--------------
--2-2-4-4-2-2-4-4---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0--------------
--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-------------------------------

I typed that super shitty, but you get the idea.i'm going to be honest, I used to be the same way about skateboarding. I seriously thought I was good just because I could land heelflips and kickflips on demand. I even thought I was good enough to join the skate team at my local shop (just for the record, this was back in 9th grade, so about 3 or 4 years ago) just because I could land a varial kickflip, but after I saw actual skaters, I realized how mediocre I really am. Maybe if that kid sees actual guitarists, he might realize the same thing.

cornh0lio
03-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I can scream better than that. And I'm smack dab in the middle of fucking puberty.

legit.fo.sho.
03-06-2009, 12:37 PM
that killed my boner hahaha

stinkingfish
03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
that killed my boner hahaha

umm what?

g00Db0y8
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
umm what?

he had a boner, and they made it go away with their music

Ynot
03-06-2009, 08:11 PM
guitar class was the best... i remember one day this kid that thought he was badass cause he could play the intro riff to Unholy Confessions walked in with makeup on and this junior just walked up to him and screamed "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" the kid was shivering hahaha
bahahahaha

magic mushroom
03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Holy fuck.

Both singers need to learn/scream respectively, drummer needs to learn that keeping time in time changes IS ACTUALLY IMPORTANT, guitarrists need to also learn that TIMING IS IMPORTANT. Can't even hear the bass. Did they mix and record it themselves, with fucking Garageband? Also, on that song called Intro, it really does sound like the singer's decided to take it onto hisself to sing in completely different timing.