02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
which version of hallowed be thy name do you like better
iron maiden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2za92DQOCw

or cradle of filth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91h6qUikXjA

deathbat411
02-23-2009, 05:03 PM
iron maiden, just because they wrote that amzing song and deserve credit..

but cradle of filfth did some asskicking with their cover..

Videon
02-23-2009, 05:18 PM
haha wtf, that second one isn't even music

lakai_or_die
02-23-2009, 06:33 PM
haha wtf, that second one isn't even music
did you even listen to it or just the beginning?

and i love the song but i like cradle of filths better but i love iron maiden

sk8mafia
02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
both great but COF did some really kickass stuff to it

codyguy
02-23-2009, 06:59 PM
dream theater.

Century Child
02-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Cradle more Damnation and a Day is their 2nd best cd behind Midian IMO. Not a fan of Madien but Cradle is a great band to see live. I just noticed how much I miss the better songs of theirs along with Robin, Martin, and Gian. Damn they pretty much need a replacement every year almost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2dl031LnVA&fmt=18

skaterpunk118
02-23-2009, 07:06 PM
The Maiden version kicks the others ass. No contest, maybe just because it's my favorite song of all time though.

WhiteTrash
02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Iron Maiden.

NotoriousBigBird
02-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Iron Maiden for sure.
that black goddess video was lame as hell. i dunno, i just think dani filth is a fucking joke

lakai_or_die
02-23-2009, 07:42 PM
^ehh thats no reason to pick iron maiden pick which sounds better

Century Child
02-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Iron Maiden for sure.
that black goddess video was lame as hell. i dunno, i just think dani filth is a fucking joke

I wouldn't care if he had an foot growing from his chin I like his vocal style. Reason on how I can scream like him. If you want lame looking look at the video by immortal I forget what its called but winter moon is in the title, in fact just look at immortal that along has more jokes then stand up.

As for the video they do things other bands don't. That was really one of the many visuals they used, they had this huge puppet demon, circus performer in Nympthonmine (sp), and then the demon thing came out again before Encradle to Enslave. Most bands focus on their looks and huge logos and such for the stage really doesn't do shit. Nottingham concert for Midian was better in visuals tough in Queen of Winter.

awqaw
02-23-2009, 09:14 PM
i like them both the same. COF kicked ass with that song!!! but you know they always say the originals the best

Century Child
02-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Can't say that after hearing CoF's Devil Woman remix. The original is just boring, CoF added something to the song.

lakai_or_die
02-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Can't say that after hearing CoF's Devil Woman remix. The original is just boring, CoF added something to the song.
i havent heard their version i shall go listen to it now

killyourfamily
02-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Cradle Of Filth's cover was virtually the same as Maiden's except slightly more distortion with fucking shitty vocals.

No band can do Iron Maiden better than Iron Maiden. But I guess it could have been worse.

lakai_or_die
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Cradle Of Filth's cover was virtually the same as Maiden's except slightly more distortion with fucking shitty vocals.

No band can do Iron Maiden better than Iron Maiden. But I guess it could have been worse.
i like how they did the vocals

Century Child
02-23-2009, 09:46 PM

Point of a cover is to play a song the style you do not try to be like the original artist.

killyourfamily
02-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Point of a cover is to play a song the style you do not try to be like the original artist.
So they tried to be like the original artist then? Because all they changed was the vocals and added nothing else.

lakai_or_die
02-23-2009, 09:52 PM
So they tried to be like the original artist then? Because all they changed was the vocals and added nothing else.
does it really matter that much its an album cover

killyourfamily
02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
You're not helping the other dude's case. Maybe you two should reply to each other and not me.

WhiteTrash
02-23-2009, 09:58 PM
does it really matter that much its an album cover

Yeah, he never said it matter'd though, he's proving his point to century child.

lakai_or_die
02-23-2009, 09:58 PM
You're not helping the other dude's case. Maybe you two should reply to each other and not me.
im not nessicarily trying to help anyone im saying the album cover isnt important you're judging who plays the song better in your opinion

Century Child
02-23-2009, 10:17 PM

Covers ARE normally the same as the originals. Lyrics and notes in covers are the same, vocals are impossible to keep the same unless the same person is doing them. But are Six Feet Under trying to be like AC/DC in their cover of TNT?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOJVXheNrqs&fmt=18
Everything sounds the same but the vocals but are they trying to be AC/DC?

How about their Purple Haze cover?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aP1E46d6pQ&fmt=18
Reason why its different is Jimi was rock SFU is death metal, they played Purple Haze and TNT in death metal fashion.

killyourfamily
02-23-2009, 10:24 PM
I didn't say that they were trying to be like the original band, you thought that's what I was trying to say.

Covers can sound very different to originals, and should sound different so the band's can add their own to the song. If it's a tribute then sure, it'd be alright for it to sound basically the same.

Century Child
02-23-2009, 10:35 PM
I didn't say that they were trying to be like the original band, you thought that's what I was trying to say.

Covers can sound very different to originals, and should sound different so the band's can add their own to the song. If it's a tribute then sure, it'd be alright for it to sound basically the same.

Really bands that do cover stick to their band's sounds thats how they add to it. Napalm Death added a grindcore sound to Nazi Punks Fuck Off, everything is the same just faster. But most bands that do covers keep everything the same.

killyourfamily
02-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Yeah bands generally keep the song's structure basically the same and their sound can make the song seem like their own, but in this case all that is different is the vocals.

lakai_or_die
02-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Yeah bands generally keep the song's structure basically the same and their sound can make the song seem like their own, but in this case all that is different is the vocals.
is it that big of a deal that all they changed was the vocals?

deathbat411
02-24-2009, 05:32 AM
I wouldn't care if he had an foot growing from his chin I like his vocal style. Reason on how I can scream like him. If you want lame looking look at the video by immortal I forget what its called but winter moon is in the title, in fact just look at immortal that along has more jokes then stand up.

As for the video they do things other bands don't. That was really one of the many visuals they used, they had this huge puppet demon, circus performer in Nympthonmine (sp), and then the demon thing came out again before Encradle to Enslave. Most bands focus on their looks and huge logos and such for the stage really doesn't do shit. Nottingham concert for Midian was better in visuals tough in Queen of Winter.

this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w

demonaz and abbath say in interviews later that they were sorry they ever made that video, they were just screwing around

crooked09
02-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Well the production and sound of guitars/bass/drums are better on the CoF... but I don't care for the vocals (and not just because of a extreme vocal bias because that's normally what I listen to). Just doesn't seem like it goes as well with it.

SkaSkate
02-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm not stupid enough to click something that says Cradle of Filth on it... The other version is surely better.

Marevix
02-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I sort've like the keyboards Cradle added, but it isn't the same without the clean voice and they played it too fast.

iforgot112233
02-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Iron Maiden all the way

bubbleboy
02-24-2009, 04:18 PM
dream theater.
done.