PDA

View Full Version : Muse's 5th album - the first full appreciation and discussion thread.

i_don't_know
02-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Here's what I've gathered:

Release is slated in or around September 2009. It is likely going to include a 3-part concerto composed by Matthew Bellamy over the course of several years. There are also rumors of a possible "space rock" solo, which could be up to 45 minutes long (though I doubt it will be that long). The overall feel of the album, according to Bellamy, is going to be closer to the fast-paced feel of the song "Supermassive Black Hole". Chris Wolstenholme said that they're doing whatever they can to make it their greatest album yet.

This is going to be so sick. Discuss.

SuperBlah
02-10-2009, 01:46 PM
aw man I don't like that song :/

Roboman
02-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Supermassive is not "fast paced".

And damn, I loved muse up until last album. Except Cydonia was still awesome. But stuff like Starlight and stuff I didn't like, its juts cheese. Supermassive was cool to begin with but got old quick unfortunately.

Origin Of Symmetry > Absolution > ShowBiz > Black Holes & Revelations. This new one sounds like it'll be pretty cool though.

i_don't_know
02-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Well, "fast-paced" wasn't the word they used, I just couldn't remember the exact wording. Maybe it was something like "dance feel" or something.

And I want to hear the concerto and, if they actually put it in, the space rock solo. I'm expecting something like this, but longer and more epic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h11O2DH3ZfU

Roboman
02-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Oh right, I thought you quoted that bit and I though what the fuck ahah.

flipuk
02-11-2009, 04:06 AM
Supermassive is not "fast paced".

And damn, I loved muse up until last album. Except Cydonia was still awesome. But stuff like Starlight and stuff I didn't like, its juts cheese. Supermassive was cool to begin with but got old quick unfortunately.

Origin Of Symmetry > Absolution > ShowBiz > Black Holes & Revelations. This new one sounds like it'll be pretty cool though.

hmm not sure I agree, I generally go with origin - showbiz - absolution - black holes.

Funny going to a gig when absolution was out andn o one knew any of their old showbiz stuff. Awesome band though, best band I've ever seen live without a doubt.

Roboman
02-11-2009, 05:52 AM
^ Showbiz has better moments in it, but absolution is very consistent I think. I went to a show a couple of years ago after black holes was released. Amazing show, I was stoked when we got to hear micro cuts! And new born led into quite a random jam too. They didn't play any off Showbiz though, not even sunburn.

reptiskate52
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM
See cs.

Roboman
02-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, well your location says lol.

Lol sucks.

Volcom_Skate
02-11-2009, 07:53 PM
The lead singers voice makes me want to cry sometimes. Especially in Con-Science.

Roboman
02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
That could be taken either way.

Ynot
02-12-2009, 09:00 AM
i downloaded Origin of Symmetry and Absolution. they were ok, but i got tired of it kinda fast

OasIsSk8eR
02-12-2009, 10:04 AM
I heard about this a couple weeks ago, i'm so stoked.

DomPy
02-12-2009, 01:58 PM
so looking forward to this, i love all their albums

i_don't_know
02-12-2009, 02:21 PM
so looking forward to this, i love all their albums

x2. I can rank them by how much I like each one, but in my opinion they're all great. The recording itself could use a little work here and there, but the music is AWESOME.

Jakallica
02-13-2009, 04:29 AM
sounds sick.. Knights of cydonia has a really strange video....

i_don't_know
02-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Yes it does. But it is the epitome of manly - robots, cowboys, and all that good stuff.