PDA

View Full Version : hey guys

BIGBOOTYsmack
01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Any idea what this quote might mean? "I wished to know the meaning of things. I am the meaning"

Volcom_Skate
01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
penisis.

its official
01-05-2009, 05:05 PM
he controls the things that happen to him...?

BIGBOOTYsmack
01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I dont think you guys are going deep enough

Anders.
01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
he wants to know himself...

Deth Kult
01-05-2009, 05:07 PM
They have a dick and a vagina both.
They now want to become asexual.

This is my fantasy.

its official
01-05-2009, 05:08 PM
well he's the meaning of things is what he is saying...but he cant be the meaning of all things unless he's god. so he must be the meaning of his things.

BIGBOOTYsmack
01-05-2009, 05:12 PM
well he's the meaning of things is what he is saying...but he cant be the meaning of all things unless he's god. so he must be the meaning of his things.

Your on to something with the god thing

iamtheyeti
01-05-2009, 05:14 PM
you give things your own meaning
?

its official
01-05-2009, 05:14 PM
so i win... right?

graffeedy5
01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
he just realized that he controlled his own destiny and he was looking all around for the meaning to life when he realized that it was in his own hands, he could choose the meaning of his own life.

iamtheyeti
01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
he just realized that he controlled his own destiny and he was looking all around for the meaning to life when he realized that it was in his own hands, he could choose the meaning of his own life.

this.

the meaning of something is all relative to how one perceives it

Anders.
01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Thats what I typed but he hacked me and made my comp crash

BIGBOOTYsmack
01-05-2009, 05:48 PM
The is what I wrote so far: anything I should add?
The second quote; “I wished to know the meaning of things. I am the meaning” shoes that Equality 7-2521 wanted to know the meaning of things until he learned that he is the meaning of things. Equality 7-2521 realizes that his destiny is in his own hands and he can choose the meaning of his own life without conforming to the life of his brothers. Equality 7-2521 realizes the significance of his existence only when he comes to understand that one is the center of one's universe, and that one's perception gives the world its meaning.

BIGBOOTYsmack
01-05-2009, 05:56 PM
What about this qoute?

“I owe nothing to my brothers, nor do I gather debts from them”

apmdcusa
01-05-2009, 05:57 PM
He wishes to know about himself. I think.
The brother doesn't pay for his brother's money problems.

Volcom_Skate
01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I wished to know the me of things

BIGBOOTYsmack
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
In the novel Anthem, Ayn Rand uses many quotes to enhance her story and make it more engaging. These quotes not only make the story more interesting they also have a wider significance and have a much deeper meaning than meets the eye.
The first quote; “the glass box in our arms is like a living heart that gives us strength. We have lied to ourselves. We have not built this box for the good of our brothers”. This quote shoes that the main character Equality 7-2521 is disillusioned by his society. He no longer cares about any of the things he was raised to believe and the only thing that gives him any hope or reason to go on is the “glass box“. In it he finds hope that solitude may not be as horrible as he has been taught. Perhaps the freedom to create will justify the evil of working alone.
The second quote; “I wished to know the meaning of things. I am the meaning” shoes that Equality 7-2521 wanted to know the meaning of things until he learned that he is the meaning of things. Equality 7-2521 realizes that his destiny is in his own hands and he can choose the meaning of his own life without conforming to the life of his brothers. Equality 7-2521 realizes the significance of his existence only when he comes to understand that one is the center of one's universe, and that one's perception gives the world its meaning. Equality 7-2521 believes that he and he alone is god.
The third and final quote; “I owe nothing to my brothers, nor do I gather debts from them” shows that Equality 7-2521 does things only for himself not for anyone else. This also shoes that Equality 7-2521 owes nothing to his brother, only to himself and that he should not do something just because everyone else does it.

this is what I have now
I need 600 words and I have 323
fuck

sns
01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
over 9000 penises all raping children

Silent Skater
01-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Haha, after I saw the quote my eyes glanced over the username and I just had to inform everyone of my "lol"

ZipZinger
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
It's like eastern transcendentalist thought. In the same way that all the gods of the hindu religion make up a collective almighty force, all things are connected to one another. Try reading "Teddy" by JD Salinger: the precocious reincarnated guru Teddy watches his sister drink a glass of milk. Then he views his sister as god, then the milk as god as well. All she's doing is "pouring god into god" and through this he accepts the act of eating or drinking as essentially meaningless.

BIGBOOTYsmack
01-05-2009, 06:48 PM
It's like eastern transcendentalist thought. In the same way that all the gods of the hindu religion make up a collective almighty force, all things are connected to one another. Try reading "Teddy" by JD Salinger: the precocious reincarnated guru Teddy watches his sister drink a glass of milk. Then he views his sister as god, then the milk as god as well. All she's doing is "pouring god into god" and through this he accepts the act of eating or drinking as essentially meaningless.

Dude what the fuck are you talking about?
its actually nothing like that

ZipZinger
01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Dude what the fuck are you talking about?
its actually nothing like that

it's a dissenting opinion, but aside from that you're unfit to qualify its validity.

kickflip4
01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
It means someone is definitlely an egotistical prick.

Korn Cakes
01-05-2009, 06:51 PM
He wants to know himself.