PDA

View Full Version : For those who quit skating

d-ville skater
01-04-2009, 08:43 PM
why?

Me, I grew outta it. Bigger better things I wanna go for. Feet problem. Skating just got kinda gay and boring.

Explain why you stopped.

eberg15101
01-04-2009, 08:49 PM
i guess i haveent really completely stopped but, i havent skated since august but there will be a reunion session once my friends want to lol

but i dont really any more, cus i guess doin the same tricks off the same stuff with the same people every day gets kinda boring you know, like no matter where i was skatin it would all seem the same no matter how lame/amzing the spot

but i guess its mostly just growing up, but ya my knees and ankles cant do it any more lol

BakerForLife
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
I quit because it's for fags.

d-ville skater
01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
So you obviously got back into it.

HardcoreT09
i still skate a little, but i just wasnt getting better anymore, and none of my friends do it

WhiteTrash
I'm like Eric Rivers off grind, I will never stop skating and soon I'm going to make a team called Super Duper skates because I am super super br0d00dman.

BakerForLife
01-04-2009, 08:52 PM

No, because I'm no cock sucking butt fucking faggot.

d-ville skater
01-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Hahahaha... oh the denial stage.

JustGoSkate!
01-04-2009, 08:54 PM
well i wouldn't like to say i quit completely but yeah i pretty much havent skated at all since the summer and even then it wasn't alot so yeahhh...maybe when i get a car and a liscence ill get back into it again. im on a little break for now =)

also school has been getting tougher and tougher with higher than AP level courses.....=(

hayden3269
01-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Friends quit and it was boring without them

sloth198
01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I haven't really quit quit, but I haven't skated since like late summer I would say. I am planning to start skating again when this summer comes, I kinda miss it haha.

Phenomenon
01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Learning to drive...

d-ville skater
01-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Immuh guess that is your car?

Ipswitch
01-04-2009, 09:00 PM
other stuff.

Valo Negroth
01-04-2009, 09:08 PM
After 15 years it got old finding new people to skate with, a lot of people quit under 8 years to be honest. The last few years I was in my last 2 years of skating and skating mostly with kids in middle school.

I might skate again soon every few months.

akkaquill
01-04-2009, 09:42 PM
i skate with dudes who have been shredding since 1979. i don't understand how anyone can quit.

Dr. Foundation
01-04-2009, 09:57 PM
other things kinda just took over. i wasnt having fun with it anymore so tehre was no point in continuing. although i still love watching skate videos and sometimes i do get that urge to just go skate a little. but i never do haha.

d-ville skater
01-04-2009, 10:03 PM
i skate with dudes who have been shredding since 1979. i don't understand how anyone can quit.

For the reasons listed already.

Some people wanna go out and do big things with their life?

The Sinistral
01-04-2009, 10:14 PM

i think thats an excuse for no longer continuing to skate because of society norms and the fact that is a difficult hobby. just because you want to do big things in life doesn't mean you can't skate in your spare time (everybody has some spare time, its just what we choose to use with it)

akkaquill
01-04-2009, 10:18 PM

what big things can a 15 year old possibly do? you just quit because you sucked.

g00Db0y8
01-04-2009, 10:25 PM

obviously he's into guys, judging my his avatar

d-ville skater
01-04-2009, 10:29 PM
i think thats an excuse for no longer continuing to skate because of society norms and the fact that is a difficult hobby. just because you want to do big things in life doesn't mean you can't skate in your spare time (everybody has some spare time, its just what we choose to use with it)

Well I skate when I got to a friends house and shit or something, but liek go to the park and go try to learn something new? No more.

what big things can a 15 year old possibly do? you just quit because you sucked.

Thats alot coming from someone who has a gif of them doing a Nollie Biggerspin. Oh golly, flatland fanatics.

Who says you cnat start at 15? Have fun living your life without care until you graduate high school, I suppose people are gay for having long term goals.

If youd care to, you could read the OTHER reasons also posted. But then again with such fucking idoitic statement you just said, I suppose a dumbass like you really wouldnt get it.

d-ville skater
01-04-2009, 10:31 PM
obviously he's into guys, judging my his avatar

The reason why I said what you just qouted.

BakerForLife
01-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Well I skate when I got to a friends house and shit or something, but liek go to the park and go try to learn something new? No more.

Thats alot coming from someone who has a gif of them doing a Nollie Biggerspin. Oh golly, flatland fanatics.

Who says you cnat start at 15? Have fun living your life without care until you graduate high school, I suppose people are gay for having long term goals.

But yea, if youd care to, read the OTHER reasons also posted. But then again with such fucking idoitic statement you just said, I suppose a dumbass like you really wouldnt get it.

Wait, that's him in his sig? I thought that was Rodney Mullen.

The Sinistral
01-04-2009, 10:33 PM
i'm pretty sure its him, and also, thats a crazy ass trick

d-ville skater
01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Mullen aint that skinny.

BakerForLife
01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Damn, I'm stupid. The minute I joined this forum I always thought it was Rodney Mullen, hahaha.

d-ville skater
01-04-2009, 10:36 PM
No thatd be the soul skater, akkaquill.

Now I get whay Ipswitch hates on half these kids.

A1m0stSk8
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
I haven't really quit, but I have definitely slowed down on it. Mainly because I have moved away from all of my friends I've been skating with and NO ONE in my new neighborhood skates, it's lame. I occasionally will go on a little "skate trip" with my old friends but it's kinda lame because they are all advancing and I'm kinda well... not.

akkaquill
01-04-2009, 10:57 PM

If youd care to, you could read the OTHER reasons also posted. But then again with such fucking idoitic statement you just said, I suppose a dumbass like you really wouldnt get it.

oh, i didn't realize i said i was a good skater. i also didn't realize this was some kind of contest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFMOczmMN7U

but anyways, i'm not really that cocky. the reason i said you quit because you suck isn't because i think i'm better than you. it's because it irks me that you suggest that because i'm dedicated to skating that i'm not trying to do something big with my life.

nevermind running a venue, being in several bands, going on tours, running a screen printing company, starting up a skate company, going on skate trips with the team, working a full time job, graduating high school a year ago, fixing computers as a side job, and moving out in less than 30 days. but i guess those things aren't possible if you skate.

BROBOT
01-04-2009, 10:58 PM
i haven't quit at all, but i'm on hiatus for a while.

my knee and my right arm are pretty fucked up now, and it's really fucking cold.

i haven't skated in like a month but i can see myself starting up again when it gets warmer without a doubt. the only thing is that like all of my friends quit. but that didn't stop me from skating for the last 3 or 4 months.

akkaquill
01-04-2009, 11:01 PM
i haven't quit at all, but i'm on hiatus for a while.

my knee and my right arm are pretty fucked up now, and it's really fucking cold.

i haven't skated in like a month but i can see myself starting up again when it gets warmer without a doubt. the only thing is that like all of my friends quit. but that didn't stop me from skating for the last 3 or 4 months.

that same thing happened to me during my first year skating, it sucked. luckily my cousin kept me into it until i could finally do a 50-50 on a box and from then on i've been completely driven by my own need to progress.

BROBOT
01-04-2009, 11:03 PM
yeah. that's my problem. lack of motivation. i spent like 4 years or so learning new tricks and then this last year i haven't really learned much. it's still fun though.

akkaquill
01-04-2009, 11:07 PM
yeah. that's my problem. lack of motivation. i spent like 4 years or so learning new tricks and then this last year i haven't really learned much. it's still fun though.

whats your learning style on a board? do you try one trick you really want to get, and then get it locked, and then build off of that? or are you random and just try random stuff till something clicks?

BROBOT
01-04-2009, 11:18 PM
well, i have all the main flatground shit down. along with all of the ledge/rail stuff. so i usually just think of crazy stuff i want to do and then after school go find a spot and try it out. if it doesn't work out within like 15 minutes i move on and think of other stuff to do.

i'm not much of a stair skater. i mean, i can ollie like 10 and kickflip 8 and just basic tricks and stuff, but i don't see the appeal of trying to switch varial heel or whatever down anything. it's just boring.

and i'm kinda over handrails too. unless they're really weird.

i just go out and try to find stuff that you wouldn't really think of skating.

akkaquill
01-04-2009, 11:22 PM
ah we think the same then for the most part. i also don't really try anything for more than a few minutes before moving on, so that's why my tricks are so random. i've never had to just sit and learn anything; i just keep trying different shit until something clicks. it keeps it fun and interesting as well. ditto on stairs and handrails as well; i'll skate them if that's what the rest of the group wants to session but i'm not very interested in them.

BROBOT
01-04-2009, 11:26 PM
i've never been into filming or anything either really. it's just a fucking pain to have to carry a camera around and be careful with it.

i'd rather just go skate and do what i want and be free. that's what i love about it.

akkaquill
01-04-2009, 11:30 PM
i've never been into filming or anything either really. it's just a fucking pain to have to carry a camera around and be careful with it.

i'd rather just go skate and do what i want and be free. that's what i love about it.

i'm not careful with my camera at all; i just put it in it's case in my backpack and go. i also keep extra bearings, hardware, trucks, wheels, shoelaces, wax, and tools in that bag as well so it's great for going out to far away cities for a whole day. i think if i wasn't going to carry all that stuff anyways i wouldn't be interested in carrying a backpack just for a camera though.

BROBOT
01-04-2009, 11:47 PM
even when i go skate in another city i barely bring anything. i put like 10 dollars and my phone in my pocket and that's it.

akkaquill
01-04-2009, 11:56 PM
damn that's minimal. in my trunk alone i have a break away push broom, several street signs, duct tape, a tripod, a converter, 7 halogen lights, 2 light stands, extension cords, extra decks, some small pieces of plywood, a filming board, and probably some other shit haha. granted the group i'm with is usually down to skate rails down 16 stairs and any other crazy shit you throw at them.

BROBOT
01-05-2009, 12:04 AM
holy shit. i hate being slowed down like that.

sometimes i don't even bring my phone with me. just a few dollars and a skateboard. that's the best way to do it.

Clayton or die
01-05-2009, 12:21 AM
damn that's minimal. in my trunk alone i have a break away push broom, several street signs, duct tape, a tripod, a converter, 7 halogen lights, 2 light stands, extension cords, extra decks, some small pieces of plywood, a filming board, and probably some other shit haha. granted the group i'm with is usually down to skate rails down 16 stairs and any other crazy shit you throw at them.

shit you're equiped, what's your camera set-up?

Flipskater2215cc
01-05-2009, 12:22 AM
i'm gonna be disappointed if i ever quit, but i doubt that i will anytime soon. my absolute favorite thing to do is chill with some homies and go skate some obscure ass spots downtown somewhere. not that i don't enjoy parks, but i love finding super weird spots like somebody else said.

xCxCxHx
01-05-2009, 12:25 AM
other shit to be done

akkaquill
01-05-2009, 12:43 AM
shit you're equiped, what's your camera set-up?

right now a pv-gs300. in the past i had a gs150 and a gs120 but both of those got busted after about 2 years of use each.

flipuk
01-05-2009, 04:43 AM
I skate when I can but generally i work 9-5 (although now i cant skate due to snow/ boards at uni :/).

Reason I originally quit was my parents got divorced and whenever I skated it wasn't fun cos i was so pissed off all the time, oh and plus I fucked up my board and had fuck all money to buy a new one cos i had ot save for first year of uni :S

graffeedy5
01-05-2009, 04:53 AM
holy shit. i hate being slowed down like that.

sometimes i don't even bring my phone with me. just a few dollars and a skateboard. that's the best way to do it.

yeah thats what i do too, i hate carrying a bag cause when your skating from spot to spot it slows you down and i like to just ollie or kickflip gaps along the way and its annoying with a bag. A phone to call people to skate, my ipod and some money for food and drinks is all i need. Sometimes not even money cause there's always sketchy kids around that find some sort of satisfaction from stealing 5 drinks at a time from wal-mart. Once i get a car though i'll probably have alot of skating shit in it, definately backup decks, wheels, bearings and trucks, a tool, a broom, and wax. Hoping to get a car and camera for this summer so i can rot in my car and be a skate rat all summer.

The Sinistral
01-05-2009, 07:58 AM
oh, i didn't realize i said i was a good skater. i also didn't realize this was some kind of contest.

but anyways, i'm not really that cocky. the reason i said you quit because you suck isn't because i think i'm better than you. it's because it irks me that you suggest that because i'm dedicated to skating that i'm not trying to do something big with my life.

nevermind running a venue, being in several bands, going on tours, running a screen printing company, starting up a skate company, going on skate trips with the team, working a full time job, graduating high school a year ago, fixing computers as a side job, and moving out in less than 30 days. but i guess those things aren't possible if you skate.

sums it up best /thread over nao

Till Death 21
01-05-2009, 08:13 AM
- Everyone else quit, no one to skate with
- Got too big IMO, 6'2 makes you fall hard IMO
- Got a job
- School
- I plateaued, I didn't think I could get any better, I just stopped progressing.

Turboz
01-05-2009, 08:36 AM
on hiatus.

xxdead_dollxx
01-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Got bored. Plus Rome isn't a skateable city, this place is built of ruins.

Occupant
01-05-2009, 11:00 AM
i havent completely quit, but i rarely skate, and when i do i dont try anything new i just do easy stuff.

Ynot
01-05-2009, 11:14 AM
i haven't skated in forever, mostly because no one to do it with, plus school as well as other things i got into like music. besides that, i wasn't really progressing at all. but i really want to get back into it

AdioSkate229
01-05-2009, 11:19 AM
i quit skating when i was voted captain of my hockey team.......... i had to because we have long seasons and i couldnt get hurt

Slapdown
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I quit when I went to Uni and got a job. If I got injured, it'd mess up my education and my income. I'm happier just playing football now.

andsd91
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM
i've slowed down a lot. i skate maybe 2-3 times a month if it isn't cold as fuck. i just practice my flatland flip tricks and if i'm out with some friends play a few games of skate. i don't really need more than this to have fun, plus i don't wanna get hurt (especially my arms, hads) because guitar is loads more important to me

Almost2
01-05-2009, 12:52 PM
ugh.

skating was like my fucking life for two years.

but then i fucked up my toe, my fucking big toe, on a flatground inward heel, just because i landed so funny.

so i couldnt skate for a month, then went to woodward, and then skated a little through august.

i havent actually gone out skating since like september.

too many people quit, NOWHERE to skate, pretty cold, boring.

its kinda depressing, because i used to have so much fun, and i was even regarded as pretty good (not trying to sound like an arrogant asshole).

AHHHHHH.

Nesta.
01-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I quit skating last spring, but recently i've been wanting to start again. its just too cold/icy right now.

EmericasBlackSkater
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Seriously. Like, wtf.

EL_Suicide_Machine
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
School, not because im "overwhelmed" with it or anything, its just that i go to school in another city than the one i live in so i have to walk to and stay at my mom's job until 5:00 so by the time i get home, it is already dark.

apmdcusa
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
It kinda got boring, but I still do about once a week.

daytona
01-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't plan on quitting, I just want to start learning how to do stuff that's not what you see all the time. I want to try and get creative and maybe start getting into tranny skating and shit. I think it would be really fun to learn to skate a pool.

I mean, shit, I'm 17 and I've had many months of on and off skating and I just haven't progressed, but I'm really feeling skating right now, so I just need to get a job and start skating as much as possible while still passing school.

cocacola skater
01-05-2009, 07:20 PM
I haven't quit skating and dont think I will for a really long time. I haven't in about 3 weeks (besides do a couple flatground kickflips today) because its so god damn cold and I took my board apart and am to lazy to put it back together.

lurkfester
01-05-2009, 10:02 PM
if you all quit skating, why do you still visit this site? or do yous just lurk the off topic section all the time?

skater danny
01-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I quit skating daily because I picked up the habit of smoking. Then I started playing guitar. I went 7 months without skating, and one day decided to step on my board. To my surprise it only took a couple days to regain all the tricks I once knew. So the last couple months I would go to skate only every now and then, but just recently I cracked my deck on a flatland backside heel. I still used it to get from point A to point B. Then one day it went missing. Then one day I found out where it's at but have been too lazy to pick it up.

Popwar Pill
01-05-2009, 10:47 PM
I found that spending time smoking pot and hanging out with girls is better than sweating my ass off with a bunch of dudes.

WhiteTrash
01-05-2009, 11:16 PM
I found that spending time smoking pot and hanging out with girls is better than sweating my ass off with a bunch of dudes.

You used to be real good and have goals in skateboarding :(

d-ville skater
01-06-2009, 09:18 PM

Oh, I didnt realize I sucked at skating? I supposed you were better then me, seeing as you assumed I sucked because I quit.

My feet constantly hurt. I cant do the things I used to be because of it. Baseball is on again, and Im deffinatly not getting hurt skateboarding for it. I guess my way of living my life is, if Im not the best at something, I dont stop until I am. When I was young, I was the top at all sports.

7th grade I started skaitng because of friends, and hadddd to be the best. So I quit baseball and everything just so I could be the best at it. Which I did. I was good. But too many injuries. And I wanna do a sport I was good at and have a possibe future in if I try hard enough.

You can try to argue with me with why anyone would quit skateboarding, but it just shows your ignorance to others opinions on a fucking sport revolved around a 7 plywood deck and a turning mechanism.

Sorry Im not some skater4life bro.

yeahyeahyeah
01-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Growth plate injury in my knee, I film now.

akkaquill
01-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh, I didnt realize I sucked at skating? I supposed you were better then me, seeing as you assumed I sucked because I quit.

My feet constantly hurt. I cant do the things I used to be because of it. Baseball is on again, and Im deffinatly not getting hurt skateboarding for it. I guess my way of living my life is, if Im not the best at something, I dont stop until I am. When I was young, I was the top at all sports.

7th grade I started skaitng because of friends, and hadddd to be the best. So I quit baseball and everything just so I could be the best at it. Which I did. I was good. But too many injuries. And I wanna do a sport I was good at and have a possibe future in if I try hard enough.

You can try to argue with me with why anyone would quit skateboarding, but it just shows your ignorance to others opinions on a fucking sport revolved around a 7 plywood deck and a turning mechanism.

Sorry Im not some skater4life bro.

see? those are all valid reasons to stop skating.
-too many injuries
-feet problems
-avoiding getting hurt so you can continue playing baseball

you could have just said that from the start rather than trying to be some badass and imply that because i'm dedicated to something you're not that i'm not trying to do anything big with my life. that's the only reason i'm arguing with you. i don't give 2 shits whether you can ride off a higher curb than your 8th grade buddies or if you're better than me or why you skated at all in the first place. my point is that you can remain dedicated to skateboarding AND do something big with your life. i'm living proof.

BROBOT
01-07-2009, 03:52 PM

yeah. it looks like we're pretty much on the same level.

but i can't do kickflip nosemanuals to save my fucking life.

southpark skater
01-07-2009, 03:53 PM
smoking weed is more fun

akkaquill
01-07-2009, 03:55 PM

me neither, i never do them haha.

Fudopi
01-07-2009, 03:57 PM
I just didn't feel like it anymore + snow so I couldn't really get back into it.

d-ville skater
01-07-2009, 04:01 PM
see? those are all valid reasons to stop skating.
-too many injuries
-feet problems
-avoiding getting hurt so you can continue playing baseball

you could have just said that from the start rather than trying to be some badass and imply that because i'm dedicated to something you're not that i'm not trying to do anything big with my life. that's the only reason i'm arguing with you. i don't give 2 shits whether you can ride off a higher curb than your 8th grade buddies or if you're better than me or why you skated at all in the first place. my point is that you can remain dedicated to skateboarding AND do something big with your life. i'm living proof.

Mkay.

d-ville skater
01-07-2009, 04:01 PM
smoking weed is more fun

I really hope thats a joke.

Twizzler
01-07-2009, 04:02 PM

bahahahaha

I don't see myself quiting. I'm trying to reach OG status.

Besides, skating is fun.Theres nothing else like it and its better than sitting on my ass playing Madden or some shit like that.

Fudopi
01-07-2009, 04:04 PM
bahahahaha

I don't see myself quiting. I'm trying to reach OG status.

Besides, skating is fun.Theres nothing else like it and its better than sitting on my ass playing Madden or some shit like that.

Wanna play madden?

that's not a joke, seriously let's play madden.

d-ville skater
01-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Id play you if I cared enough about Xbox to hook it up live.

Twizzler
01-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Wanna play madden?

that's not a joke, seriously let's play madden.

You don't wanna see me in a game of Madden 64.

I'll send you home with an empty wallet haha

HigH-FloW
01-07-2009, 04:16 PM
I quit cuz of injuries and that I don't want to have feet and knee problems when im old. My knees are already bad now and i dont want them to get worse. I still skate small just not like everyday; more like once a week.

Fudopi
01-07-2009, 04:17 PM
You don't wanna see me in a game of Madden 64.

I'll send you home with an empty wallet haha

haha I'd win on PS1

you don't have 360 then?

Twizzler
01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
nope

d-ville skater
01-07-2009, 04:21 PM
hai

Twizzler
01-07-2009, 04:23 PM
nope.

masterkickflip
01-07-2009, 04:25 PM
ive been skating almost every day since i started, i cant really imagine quitting. only time i stopped was broken arm/dislocated shoulder/broken ribs.

windust.
01-07-2009, 04:27 PM
ive never really thought about quitting, i skated for about a year an a half straight, then couldn't skate for about a year, then was finally able to again and since then (last summer) i've had around 4 2-4 week breaks for either i get hurt or grounded, either way, it's still wayyyyy better than before. that's probably why i never got bored of it, and can still just skate in my garage and not get bored.

d-ville skater
01-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I was bent on getting big in skating. But shit happens for reasons. I broke my ankle. Got good, pulled my aceles. Came back, sprained my ankles every month. Things happen for a reason, to me atleast.

cornh0lio
01-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I was learning hardflips, and i tried one off a curb and pop scicled my self in the gooch, and it started to bleed. GAME OVER.

geskater
01-07-2009, 05:04 PM
wow it seems like i'm the only one who actually skates on this forum

i got sponsored by a shop and now were filming for our second video so i couldn't really quit if i wanted to

Roof_Slider
01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
i plan on quitting the day i die. for some reason people keep telling me ill die before im 20though.

BakerForLife
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM

i got sponsored by a shop and now were filming for our second video so i couldn't really quit if i wanted to

post some footy then.

akkaquill
01-07-2009, 05:42 PM

during the filming of the first video at my local shop our manager quit to become a police officer. then the shop went out of business. major wtf.

cornh0lio
01-07-2009, 05:44 PM
during the filming of the first video at my local shop our manager quit to become a police officer. then the shop went out of business. major wtf.

i died a little inside

Burrut
01-07-2009, 05:45 PM
i didnt quite, i just stopped doing big shit cuz i knew i wasn't going to go anywhere. so i just cruise and fuck with manny pads now

akkaquill
01-07-2009, 05:46 PM
i died a little inside

i know right? how fucking random is that? he also happened to be the only manager at the shop and he also ran the whole place; the owner of the shop was just the guy who supplied the money to start it up. once the manager quit the shop went downhill for 6 months and then finally closed.

zeropunk
01-07-2009, 05:49 PM
eh, got really boring

ill get on a board every now and then

toomanykickflips
01-07-2009, 05:53 PM
i dont understand quitting anyways. if you werent in it for the long run, why stay on a board for more than 6 months anyways? either you catch that love or you dont.

and d-ville, takin shots at akka's footy is not the wisest thing to do, ive seen alot of it and its crucial as fuck.

southpark skater
01-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I really hope thats a joke.

/making fun of abovetheinfluence comercials /

i quit because I wasn't progressing, and in FL the heat is unbearable. I still skate a little maybe once a week or so, but not everyday like i did last winter.

LIL OG PANDA
01-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I didn't know so many people in off topic didn't skate. I gotta retreat back to general skate discussion.

SMR
01-07-2009, 06:47 PM

FUCK that trick. I did one once along with a Kickflip Crook, both of which I wanted to be good at forever and haven't tried either since then. They're a pain in the ass.

I've been more into cruising and goofy stuff for like the past year. I realized I wasn't getting anywhere skating stairs, fucked up my ankle too many times, and just get bored with them because I can only do Ollies, Back 180's and Backside Flips down anything worthwhile. Million mile lines and tranny ftw.

I can still rip ledges though

toomanykickflips
01-07-2009, 06:53 PM
^^^ so you should bust out a cam and get some footy nigguh

and get on aim so i can persuade you to do so. and talk to jake about songs. theres a couple things you need to do haha.

d-ville skater
01-07-2009, 07:03 PM
i dont understand quitting anyways. if you werent in it for the long run, why stay on a board for more than 6 months anyways? either you catch that love or you dont.

and d-ville, takin shots at akka's footy is not the wisest thing to do, ive seen alot of it and its crucial as fuck.

Read my old posts. I was legit in skating for a good 2 years and if you were ever wanted to have a fat stair sesh, Id glady be the first to throw down. Rail? Count me in. Its like SRM. Too many ankle injuries. And Idk I guess people move on from things they never think theyd leave. I skate once in awhile, but Im no where near as good.

The only thing I saw was a flat trick I used to do. His footage is pretty good. Hes not that bad at tech shit. I couldnt do mannys for my life.

geskater
01-09-2009, 10:33 AM
post some footy then.

savin it for the video

thejoelmister
01-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Same as you, highschool etc

pinkeh
01-09-2009, 07:21 PM
I haven't skated since this summer, and I'll probably end up skating a bit again this summer, but it's not my favorite thing in the world to do anymore. Basically my friends and I just ended up getting real hobbies and real goals and skating ended up getting in the way, felt more like a chore and was just plain boring. So we went from skating every day, to once a week, to once a month, to "I really don't give a fuck about skating anymore."

toomanykickflips
01-09-2009, 07:26 PM
^^^ if you suck at skating, thats the problem. seems obvious to me. 'real' hobbies. hahaha. wow. for a girl, yeah. for guys, that is a 'real' hobby. thats a fucking stupid statement to make, you guys sound like you just got bored cuz you blew on a board.

and guys, high school is NOT a reason to quit skating. if i can go my entire high school career with a 25 hour a week job without quitting skating, then using high school as an excuse is just pussy. wait til you get to college, and the work load whoops your ass, if thats the case.

pinkeh
01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
^^^ if you suck at skating, thats the problem. seems obvious to me. 'real' hobbies. hahaha. wow. for a girl, yeah. for guys, that is a 'real' hobby. thats a fucking stupid statement to make, you guys sound like you just got bored cuz you blew on a board.

and guys, high school is NOT a reason to quit skating. if i can go my entire high school career with a 25 hour a week job without quitting skating, then using high school as an excuse is just pussy. wait til you get to college, and the work load whoops your ass, if thats the case.

Or you can shut the fuck up and stop pulling these statements out of your ass. The friends I was referring to were guys. Sucking or not is irrelevant, and I really don't give enough of a shit to fight with you about how good any of us were because it doesn't fucking matter. Grow up you immature piece of shit.

toomanykickflips
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
hahahahahahaha. sounds a little bitter. if you cant hack it on a board, thats your fucking problem. dont go sounding all condescending with your 'real' hobbies like youve accomplished something. people like you are the reason people like me get a bad rep for skating. you guys are undedicated idiots who like to play the skater card when it suits you, then think youre hot shit for moving on.

like i said, its only boring if you suck at it. sucks for you.

Dash
01-09-2009, 07:33 PM
i quit so i could have a real hobby, like collecting remote control cars

pinkeh
01-09-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm not trying to sound condescending and I honestly don't care what kind of rep "people like me" give you. OOOoOoOoOoh we sucked at skating so we stopped. Who gives a fuck.

king
Basically my friends and I just ended up getting real hobbies

how is skating not a real hobby?

SkaterPotater
hahahahahahaha. sounds a little bitter. if you cant hack it on a board, thats your fucking problem. dont go sounding all condescending with your 'real' hobbies like youve accomplished something. people like you are the reason people like me get a bad rep for skating. you guys are undedicated idiots who like to play the skater card when it suits you, then think youre hot shit for moving on.

like i said, its only boring if you suck at it. sucks for you.You're quite the coincided person.

Apparently to you "I suck", but I still have fun.

So........dun dun dun counter example.

SkaterPotater
01-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Yessssss

pinkeh
01-09-2009, 07:41 PM

If you have fun with it I don't see why it couldn't be considered one. I used to have a lot of fun skating, but coincidentally as my friends and I grew up the feeling didn't last.

toomanykickflips
01-09-2009, 07:42 PM
You're quite the coincided person.

conceited*

and you havent quit, have you? there you go. thats all you need to know. if you havent quit, why counter example? most people DO quit because they dont outgrow their 'suck'.

thats what im sayin'

i quit so i could have a real hobby, like collecting remote control cars

or pokemon cards.

I'm not trying to sound condescending and I honestly don't care what kind of rep "people like me" give you. OOOoOoOoOoh we sucked at skating so we stopped. Who gives a fuck.

then whyd you post, if you dont give a fuck? why do you still come on here then? just another perfect example why girls shouldnt skate. rude, not built for it, naturally disinclined, lacking in commitment......

treyflip3
01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
So you obviously got back into it.u stopped... damn

i just keep trying to push the envelope so it never gets old

pinkeh
01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
then whyd you post, if you dont give a fuck? why do you still come on here then? just another perfect example why girls shouldnt skate. rude, not built for it, naturally disinclined, lacking in commitment......

What I meant was, who gives a fuck if I stopped skating for that reason. I posted because this thread is about why you quit skating. And honestly just shut up, there's no reason girls should or shouldn't skate, you're obviously under the impression that I just went pushing around on a skateboarding trying to maintain my balance or something. If I had a dick I wouldn't even be having this conversation with you. Girls don't lack in commitment, people who lack in commitment lack in commitment. Yeah, after a year or two I lacked completely in commitment. Shoot me.

toomanykickflips
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
What I meant was, who gives a fuck if I stopped skating for that reason. I posted because this thread is about why you quit skating. And honestly just shut up, there's no reason girls should or shouldn't skate, you're obviously under the impression that I just went pushing around on a skateboarding trying to maintain my balance or something. If I had a dick I wouldn't even be having this conversation with you. Girls don't lack in commitment, people who lack in commitment lack in commitment.

people who quit skating because they suck come onto sb-c and say they got 'real' hobbies, like they accomplished something. therefore, you look stupid.

and wrong, if you had a dick and said you got real hobbies........ we'd still be having this conversation, and i would be being FARRRRR more brutal.

pinkeh
01-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I look stupid? Oh okay. My life is ruined!

sns
01-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Girls don't lack in commitment, people who lack in commitment lack in commitment.

Girls don't act like girls, girls are girly?

Tardence
01-09-2009, 07:57 PM
No hobby is more legit than skating, I'm 25 years old with significant life experience and I know that to be a fact.

I quit because I was a faggot and a pussy like everyone who quits, then I grew a pair and started again.

toomanykickflips
01-09-2009, 08:05 PM

missed the point, pre-pube. as in, you look fucking stupid for saying 'we got real hobbies' or whatever. you officially look like a messageboard dumbfuck. especially since that seemed to SOAR over your head.

pinkeh
01-09-2009, 08:36 PM
My life is ruined! [x2]

BROBOT
01-09-2009, 08:46 PM
FUCK that trick. I did one once along with a Kickflip Crook, both of which I wanted to be good at forever and haven't tried either since then. They're a pain in the ass.

I've been more into cruising and goofy stuff for like the past year. I realized I wasn't getting anywhere skating stairs, fucked up my ankle too many times, and just get bored with them because I can only do Ollies, Back 180's and Backside Flips down anything worthwhile. Million mile lines and tranny ftw.

I can still rip ledges though

yeah man. ledges and banks and tranny are like the only things i skate anymore.

i'd probably go skate the box in my driveway right now if it wasn't covered in snow. but maybe tomorrow it'll be good for tailslides if it's covered in ice.

i love tranny a lot too, but i hate going to the skatepark that's like 5 minutes from my house. just the kind of people there piss me off. kids smoking crack on top of the roll-in and shit. it's more like a drug dealer hangout with a miniramp than a skatepark.

so i have to drive to the concrete park, which is little further. and gas is spensive. i haven't been in a while.

The Sinistral
01-09-2009, 09:34 PM
No hobby is more legit than skating, I'm 25 years old with significant life experience and I know that to be a fact.

I quit because I was a faggot and a pussy like everyone who quits, then I grew a pair and started again.

holy shit. its guys like you who make me feel proud about not quitting, being a 21 year old skater. thanks.

tsixe_sneila
01-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I just stopped getting better it's no fun doing the same tricks. I really need to get back into it tho I spent 90 bucks to build a nice ass box and have barely skated it what a waste of cash

Tardence
01-09-2009, 10:16 PM
holy shit. its guys like you who make me feel proud about not quitting, being a 21 year old skater. thanks.
I don't think I understand why that rocked your cock so much, but no problem, anytime.

toomanykickflips
01-10-2009, 09:08 AM
My life is ruined! [x2]

you really suck at this whole online argument deal dont you?

youre only a year older than me, you arent that old haha.

DomPy
01-10-2009, 09:24 AM
recurring knee injuries, i'm in plaster at the moment but i should be skating again in a few months after over a year of not skating (in total throughout the last two years, haha) :-)

jackson the jackass
01-11-2009, 09:46 AM
I just sucked, could barely do a kickflip and never improved.

masterkickflip
01-11-2009, 10:45 AM
You're quite the coincided person.

he said people who quit most likely sucked, not that people who suck will quit.

OasIsSk8eR
01-11-2009, 10:49 AM
i skate on and off mainly when i don't have sports like the fall.

omg its moose
01-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I didn't improve at all for about a year and it just isn't really fun anymore, I still skate around every now and then but it just isn't worth it. Plus, recently, I've ahd some kind of back problem and whenever I land a trick my back, like, cracks and I cant walk the rest of the day, anyone know that this is? :c

Turboz
01-11-2009, 03:22 PM
I just didn't feel like it anymore + snow so I couldn't really get back into it. garage skating motherfucker

amar
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
i've known a bunch of people who were really good at skating and ended up quitting for no reason...

but yeah anyways, i skate pretty much everyday and that's been going on for about four years and i don't plan on quitting anytime soon. =]

treyflip3
01-11-2009, 07:48 PM

killself.

My life is ruined! [x2]
killself x2

Burrut
01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
marijuana cigarettes made me quit. nah fer real though, i had a nice little sesh today and i was quite suprised at how good i still was. maybe a resurgance in skating? i need a camera again :'(

Turboz
01-14-2009, 07:03 AM
buy one on amazon, burrut.

SkaSkate
01-14-2009, 07:08 AM
marijuana cigarettes made me quit. nah fer real though, i had a nice little sesh today and i was quite suprised at how good i still was. maybe a resurgance in skating? i need a camera again :'(

Are you saying you need a camera to help you get back into skating? Sad.

you really suck at this whole online argument deal dont you?

I believe she just doesn't give a crap. You don't consider that a possibility, because you give a crap about EVERYTHING, which is what makes you an entertaining member.

Randomzero
01-14-2009, 07:26 AM
i skate any day i can, but i havent in weeks because, well i live in buffalo(snow), and the closest park is about half hour away.

d-ville skater
01-14-2009, 07:36 AM
I believe she just doesn't give a crap. You don't consider that a possibility, because you give a crap about EVERYTHING, which is what makes you an entertaining member.

Way to dodge that bullet.

SkaSkate
01-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Most people would consider this dick behaviour, while they should look at the amusing side of things.

Sometimes he is a dick though.

spikeninja
01-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Way to dodge that bullet.

crap, you beat me too it,

Oh, I had received a paintball gun, I thought it was the best thing in the world and was seriously considering quitting skating. Then after a month of not skating (and not using my paintball gun) I decided to skate a little sesh, and like the second I got on, I was so excited and crap. It was like the best thing in the world, so right now I just can't see myself quitting skating at all.

(paintball, just never caught on)

JerseySucks
01-14-2009, 08:56 AM
I quit when I went to Uni and got a job. If I got injured, it'd mess up my education and my income. I'm happier just playing football now.

Same here. None of my friends skate anymore, and skating by yourself isn't fun. When you land a good trick, no ones there to see it, when you fall, no ones there to laugh, it just gets very boring.

Whenever I have free time and feel like exercising or something, I'll just go in my yard and practice juggling the ball, and since my yards big enough, practice free kicks on the mini net I have. I also seem to keep progressing a lot more in footy, compared to skating where hours upon hours of work might not even yield a new a trick.

Plus my dog likes to play football, so I use him as a defender, practicing my ways to beat and get around them in a real game, lolz.

DoctorVolcom
01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
so half the the mother fuckers on this site don't even skate?

oh that makes alot of sense...

Lincoln
01-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I just stopped getting better it's no fun doing the same tricks. I really need to get back into it tho I spent 90 bucks to build a nice ass box and have barely skated it what a waste of cash

I hate it when people say things like ''Doing the same tricks got boring'', the solution to that is pretty simple, learn some new stuff, diversify. (Not referring to you, but reffering to everyone that quit in general that uses that as an excuse)

eberg15101
01-14-2009, 11:08 AM
wehw skated for ten minutes yester day in my garage for the first skate in about 6 months, i still got my tricks!!!

king
01-14-2009, 11:14 AM

haha crazy europeans, its called soccer not football

Turboz
01-14-2009, 11:16 AM
haha crazy europeans, its called soccer not footballnow you've done it.

*waits for pointless debate to start*

toomanykickflips
01-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Are you saying you need a camera to help you get back into skating? Sad.

quite, actually

i dont waste my time on stuff i dont care about, and for some reason or another, i like coming to this site most of the time. i cant wrap my mind around people who just dont care about skating, particularly once theyve joined a forum about it. i get deep into the actual activity before i get involved in online stuff, trips, buying shit, etc.

and regardless of whether she cares or not, that pussy bullshit 'real' hobbies remark is what bit my ass, and that pissed me off, because ive seen tons of girls that are like 'yeah i used to skate but i quit to do actual stuff and pursue real interests' when really they just couldnt hack it. its patronizing, demeaning, and fuckin stupid, and i shoulda torn into her even more for that remark, but i dont pride myself on bitching out little girls online.

Sometimes he is a dick though.

indeed, and its quite the life

SkaSkate
01-14-2009, 01:16 PM
its patronizing, demeaning, and fuckin stupid

What she said is in fact stupid, but she doesn't care that she's stupid, so my point is why should you? You cannot change people online. Nothing really wrong with putting effort into it, it's just pointless in the end.

toomanykickflips
01-14-2009, 01:24 PM
hence why i am a rook, a mod, a guru, 2nd highest in rep next to pain(fucker!), and blah blah, and she doesnt even skate anymore. effort can get you somewhere, in the form of that useless list i just rattled off of bullshit achievements. or lack of effort can get you nowhere, in the form of pinkeh and her 'real' hobbies.

but i agree, you cant change people online. you can just bitch them out excessively til they shut up.

BROBOT
01-14-2009, 01:49 PM
yeah. i mean, even when i was injured for long periods of time, my initial reaction was like "fuck, i'm over skateboarding", but like a week in, i'd realize how much i missed it and then be super anxious to get out and skate again.

i mean, i haven't skated in like, a month, but it's still on my mind and in my heart. i know that i still love it and no matter how long i quit for, i'll always come back to it.

it's given me so much. friends, experiences, belief in myself, confidence, and most importantly, a purpose.

i can't even put words to how much it means to me.

Im Me
01-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Snowboarding and I guess I just grew out of it, all my friends stop, slowly. I still snowboard, "Snowboarding(SKATEBOARDING CAN WORK TOO DEPENDING ON WHO YOU ARE) is a drug that you do with your friends, its a drug like so many others, that you fell bad when you don't do, a drug that you can't live without" DCP. Also i know people who used to skate, don't know anyone who used to snowboard.

Turboz
01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
i'm sick of these looters and polluters

XCorrupTX
01-14-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm like Eric Rivers off grind, I will never stop skating and soon I'm going to make a team called Super Duper skates because I am super super br0d00dman.

I watched that movie after reading this post.

tubbyturd
01-14-2009, 04:32 PM
I broke my ankle pretty bad when I was 22 or so, and that's the only time I stopped skating for any length. I can't skate as well as I could before my injury -my foot articulation is completely shot- but I have fun all the same. Granted, most things I do consist of no complies and foot plants, but it's not like I'm trying to make money off of this, it's just a great way to blow off steam.

Tardence
01-14-2009, 04:34 PM
don't know anyone who used to snowboard.
Wtf? Everyone "used to snowboard", as in they did it and now they don't. I mean the vast majority of people.
I did, it was mad fun, but not comparable to skateboarding as a lifestyle. It's a silly little leisure activity, skating is much more. If you don't get that then good riddance, you should not be a skater and it is good that you quit.
Skating turns the world into a playground, not just the mountains in the winter and if we can get all our shit together and fly there and book into a cabin and get appropriately equipped and ride up that lift we can totally do it, no, you just have a board under your arm and you attack the streets like a badass motherfucker.
It's SOO much cooler than snowboarding, snowboarding is like masturbation, feels really good while you do it but has no lasting significant value to you as a person. Fuck snowboarding.

d-ville skater
01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Snowboarding and I guess I just grew out of it, all my friends stop, slowly. I still snowboard, "Snowboarding(skateboarding can work too) is a drug that you do with your friends, its a drug like so many others, that you fell bad when you don't do, a drug that you can't live without" DCP. Also i know people who used to skate, don't know anyone who used to snowboard.

That made complete sense.

Im Me
01-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Wtf? Everyone "used to snowboard", as in they did it and now they don't. I mean the vast majority of people.
I did, it was mad fun, but not comparable to skateboarding as a lifestyle. It's a silly little leisure activity, skating is much more. If you don't get that then good riddance, you should not be a skater and it is good that you quit.
Skating turns the world into a playground, not just the mountains in the winter and if we can get all our shit together and fly there and book into a cabin and get appropriately equipped and ride up that lift we can totally do it, no, you just have a board under your arm and you attack the streets like a badass motherfucker.
It's SOO much cooler than snowboarding, snowboarding is like masturbation, feels really good while you do it but has no lasting significant value to you as a person. Fuck snowboarding.
You don't know what you're talking about. You obviously didn't really snowboard, have you ever done a rail, a legit table? No obviously not. Have you ever heard of street snowboarding? You can do WAY bigger handrails on a snowboard. Sure you need snow, but you need NO snow to skate. And living in a place where 6 months out of the year is winter its the same. Falls can get nastier if you wanna play the badass card. Yeah there are douches who snowboard, but so many that skate too, you're a prime example. I mean i still skate every once and a while but it just doesn't apeal to me anymore. Fly out there? What the fuck? Theres cars buddy half an hour car rides. Closer than the closest indoor skatepark. Who are you to decide what's cooler. I never said its cooler(by cooler you obviously meen more popular, and if you know anything about skating you know those dudes were all DIY punk rockers) I loved skating more than anything, but the pain it causes in my feet and knees is to crucial. Also who are you to say it has no lasting value. For christ sake you should know being a skateboarder(not if you're shitty which you probably are) that landing a trick has its lasting value. Properly equiped? Neccesitys include boots and thats it. You are deffinently into the skate scene because its cool. Whos your favorite skater? Ryan Sheckler? Bam Margera? I hope so. Camp in a cabin? I sleep in an apartment like i always do. I anwered the question honestly. If you're going to flame me please use some reasonable arguments not sinking to cheap shots. I am still on here because i enjoy watching real people skateboard and filming uses a lot of the same technique as snowboarding. So i can't be on here because i snowboard?

JerseySucks
01-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I broke my ankle pretty bad when I was 22 or so, and that's the only time I stopped skating for any length. I can't skate as well as I could before my injury -my foot articulation is completely shot- but I have fun all the same. Granted, most things I do consist of no complies and foot plants, but it's not like I'm trying to make money off of this, it's just a great way to blow off steam.

I basically destroyed my ankle 2 years ago, and it's still fucked up to this day. Even my doctor noticed it a week ago. He asked me why my right ankle was so stiff, and I told him about the injury. When it's cold out my ankle feels so weak too. I can still skate pretty much fine, but my ankles range of movement is pretty small.

BROBOT
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
yee.

my arm is pretty much fucked up for life. like, it will never be the same.

i guess it's not as bad as my ankle though.

sns
01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I think surfing is more of a lifestyle than skating is though...like surfing you can literally do until you die. there's people in their 70's still surfing, skating's way too hard on your body to be able to withstand when you're that old.

that's not saying skatings any more like extreme or difficult or whatever, because those old guys are basically just cruising on the biggest board they can find. real surfing is much different.

d-ville skater
01-14-2009, 07:31 PM
yee.

my arm is pretty much fucked up for life. like, it will never be the same.

i guess it's not as bad as my ankle though.

Your arm?

BROBOT
01-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Your arm?

i broke my humerus completely in half like a year and a half ago trying to lipslide this handrail and had to get 2 surgeries on it to get it back together.

BROBOT
01-14-2009, 07:38 PM
this isn't my x-ray, but mine looked super similar to this.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00297/humerus_x-ray_ski_297139a.jpg

just to give you an idea.

d-ville skater
01-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Well if they fixed it how come you dont like still skate? Mine was my ankles, which hurts because all my weight is on it.

Mr. EorDie
01-14-2009, 08:19 PM
TEH DRUGZ MANG

TEH DRUGZZZ

a

Im Me
01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I think surfing is more of a lifestyle than skating is though...like surfing you can literally do until you die. there's people in their 70's still surfing, skating's way too hard on your body to be able to withstand when you're that old.

that's not saying skatings any more like extreme or difficult or whatever, because those old guys are basically just cruising on the biggest board they can find. real surfing is much different.

I usually let the sleeping dog lay, but this is exactly what I was talking about. I see people in there 60-70s snowboarding, it is less stress on your bones than skiing even. The water to you is like the snow to me. I feel enlightened when doing it. Even though this goes for surfing more-so, it was still how i felt.

Clitoris
01-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I haven't really quit,but I have got to take like a three month brake because of my gay-ass ankle.

BROBOT
01-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Well if they fixed it how come you dont like still skate? Mine was my ankles, which hurts because all my weight is on it.

i do still skate.

i just haven't been able to skate a lot recently because i'm anemic (working on it) and that nmkes me really susceptible to cold weather.

like, 5 minutes in 32 degrees and i can't feel my hands.