PDA

View Full Version : Bi-polar disorder.

i_don't_know
01-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Does anyone here have it? And if you do, could you please describe what it's like to me? I recently noticed that for the past couple of years, I've been on and off between depressed and really productive and anxious, but upbeat (I guess the productive, anxious, and upbeat part could be manic (mania? manicness? I have no idea what it's called)?). I always passed it off as mood swings (which it still very likely is), until I just recently recapped the last couple of years, realized that the swings were really huge, and that bi-polar disorder runs in my family. Now, in an effort to not come off as a hypochondriac, I thought maybe it would be best to figure out if what I'm experiencing is normal mood swings or bi-polarity by asking someone that is bi-polar (that I'm not related to, since that would lend to the hypochondriac-ness) to describe what it's really like.

By the way, I'm thinking about this now because I've been in a "manic" state for about three days, and I don't feel like myself.

Wow, I bet I'm really coming off as a bitch right now. But please help me out if you're bi-polar. And by bi-polar, I mean actually diagnosed, not just "lol I'm bi-polar".

washington_man
01-01-2009, 10:47 PM
go to a professional about it, i think there's one or two frequent members who are though.

shutupimbleeding
01-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Honestly I don't have it but I studied it and have friends with it, basically it's really rapid mood changes. One minute somebodys happy and in a split second something sets them off.

i_don't_know
01-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Trying not to look like a hypochondriac and going to a professional about a disorder I might not have do not mix well.

EDIT: Thank you.^

Chump Champ
01-01-2009, 10:52 PM
It is apparently this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-UPLc1f9oY

20thCB
01-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm not, but a good friend of mine is and my mom works at a hospital where she does ECT for plenty of bi-polar's.

Bi-polar is incredibly complex and you really can't self-diagnose - nor could any one here. You should go see a therapist first and they can help you pick out a good psychiatrist. From there you'll get an actual professional evaluation.

Shakezoola
01-01-2009, 10:55 PM
It is apparently this.

is it wrong that i laughed so fucking hard watching this?

Chump Champ
01-01-2009, 10:58 PM
is it wrong that i laughed so fucking hard watching this?

I laughed because bi-polar or not, couldn't you picture someone actually doing this?

shutupimbleeding
01-01-2009, 10:59 PM
haha that's so funny, i've seen something like that but in a restaurant funniest thing ever

washington_man
01-01-2009, 10:59 PM
i told you, there's a funny spoof of the same thing. it's like some music video

Rise.With.The.Fallen
01-01-2009, 11:01 PM
It is apparently this.

i laughed so fucking hard

20thCB
01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Seriously? Take the video out before you quote.

shutupimbleeding
01-01-2009, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3uS39pex9M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13npVQnFFoc&feature=related

i_don't_know
01-01-2009, 11:06 PM
^Haha.

washington_man
01-01-2009, 11:07 PM
YOU SWOOOOOOOOOOOPERRRRRRRRRRRa I WAS GONNA POST THATTTTTT

Chump Champ
01-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I sincerely apologize for turning a serious thread to crap.

washington_man
01-01-2009, 11:10 PM
I sincerely apologize for turning a serious thread to crap.
crap?Crap?CRap?CRAp?CRAP? did you see the remixes that were posted?

Popwar Pill
01-01-2009, 11:12 PM
I have it, it's pretty gay....makes me feel like a dumbass/embarrassed most of the time.

mindtrix34
01-02-2009, 01:11 AM
I don't have it, but my mom does. One minute she's cleaning like crazy or going on a random shopping and the next, she doesn't want to do anything at all. Your best bet is to do what everyone else said and go get professional help to see if you have it.

Dr. Foundation
01-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Whatever it is, just know that you're not alone. I feel the same way.

LetsGetGnarly
01-02-2009, 06:19 AM
I dont really know anyone that has it but it must suck hard to have it.

hahahaha:-L

the_unknown_soldier
01-02-2009, 07:32 AM
I have it. It fucking sucks.

MinusTheSkateboard
01-02-2009, 07:40 AM
I'm told everyone in my family has it, especially the Hispanic side. Anyways, I don't think I have it, but I have had mood swings, and I go from productive to lazy really quick allot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LAFmuAbIds

This one has incredibly funny subtitles.

kickflip4
01-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah, no one could really diagnose that because like 20thCB said, it's crazy complex. If you do think your having prolonged periods of depression and mania though (mania being like, over happy and super impulsive and energetic and such), you might wanna go see a psychologist about it.

Ellsworthskate
01-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I actually really have bi-polar disorder I take two differant medications for it, zyprexa and depakote. I was actually just recently diagnosed a few months ago after a suicide attempt. Let me tell you, I feel so much better on the meds, if its something you think you may have a problem with I highly suggest you work on talkin with a professional to see what they say, I was like you, always going through mood swings, feeling hardcore depressed at times and really really happy at others, it also has helped my anxiety. When your on the meds you still feel your emotions but not so severe, I think you should definetly check it out man especially if you notice that you are starting to go through really bad bouts of depression or mania

i_don't_know
01-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Just so you know, Zyprexa gave my dad and millions of other people diabetes.

igrindtwinkies
01-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I know two people who have it. My friend and his mom. All I know about the mom is when she goes through mania she sometimes will spend a shitload of money on stupid crap. But she has ridiculous mood swings too.

My friend will sometimes spend about a week in his shell. Not doing anything except playin xbox, even skipping school sometimes. I know sometimes he's stayed up for a few days straight goin throug mania. He also sleeps a ridiculous amount. From what I know bi-polars tend to sleep constantly or barely at all.

Anyways that's what I know.

stinkingfish
01-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I hear 90% of people were misdiagnosed for bipolar disorder.

It's supposed to be something you have no control of, like you go insane mad, incredibly suicidal, and then dumb happy. that's how my friend sister is, and she has bipolar disorder. I say if noone is calling you crazy, or your not making sucide plans on sunday, your not bipolar, and probably just got mood swings. I'm not a doctor and its best to get professional advice.

the_unknown_soldier
01-02-2009, 11:05 AM

It's supposed to be something you have no control of, like you go insane mad, incredibly suicidal, and then dumb happy. that's how my friend sister is, and she has bipolar disorder. I say if noone is calling you crazy, or your not making sucide plans on sunday, your not bipolar, and probably just got mood swings. I'm not a doctor and its best to get professional advice.
But suicide is the extreme in terms of depression. I don't think it's fair to judge whether or not somebody is bi-polar based on if they go down to that extreme. Though many probably contemplate it at most and don't share it, so either way you never really know.

749IVLIFESKATER
01-02-2009, 11:11 AM
My mom has it, before they put her on meds she went through insane highs and lows, like insanely happy or depressed as fuck or in like killing mode, you should probably go to a doctor because I doubt anybody on this board can diagnose you correctly.

stinkingfish
01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
But suicide is the extreme in terms of depression. I don't think it's fair to judge whether or not somebody is bi-polar based on if they go down to that extreme. Though many probably contemplate it at most and don't share it, so either way you never really know.

I think there are levels of sucidal thoughts. like The occasional thought of killing yourself. Then there is planning out when your going to kill yourself, what time, what location. Then there are people who try it but fail.

Ellsworthskate
01-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I think there are levels of sucidal thoughts. like The occasional thought of killing yourself. Then there is planning out when your going to kill yourself, what time, what location. Then there are people who try it but fail.

For me it went in stages, like at first it was just occasional thoughts of it, but then it kept progressing to when I was actually planning it and shit, and finally I ended up trying it. So I think if anyone is even starting to think like that they should tell someone or try to get some help.

Ipswitch
01-02-2009, 11:22 AM
My brother is bipolar.

deathbat411
01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
there is 3 types of bipolar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_I
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclothymia

Lil T
01-02-2009, 11:50 AM
I was about to say there's type, from like mild levels of depression and mania to extreme. I might have it, i'm bascially pretty much coming out of my depression (been depressed all my life, don't need a doctor to tell me so) or at least doing my best. I've been happy lately also, but last night I kinda lost it and broke down. Didn't sleep till like 5 am.

emerica69
01-02-2009, 11:54 AM
i know i don't have bi-polar disorder but i get really pissed while driving really easily

IRideAlmost
01-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I often am like that, I get very sad and stuff and then I'll become really happy, but I can control myself, so I think it's just part of being a teen. haha.

Tony
01-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I study psychology and don't mean to underestimate the difficulty of this problem, but since to all these teenage wannabe-depressed douches I've seen here in Finland and all this crap about teens finally hitting puberty and making up their depressions I've become very cynical about this problem. Like, if someone really has it ok I can understand what's going on I've studied the symptoms and I've lived with someone who's been diagnosed, but anyone with this "lol i'm bipolar" claiming their life is shit deserves to be beat up. Besides, I think just plain mood changes and real bi-polar disorder shouldn't be mixed, due to this mental illness being so recently discussed I'm doubtful about even all diagnoses about this disorder being true. Most of the diagnosed people have no idea of the actual illness or living their lives inside their heads, and at the same time some of the most intelligent and socially active high school kids can have it without knowing.

Basically, idea of this post:

I'm skeptical.

the_unknown_soldier
01-03-2009, 06:52 AM
I study psychology and don't mean to underestimate the difficulty of this problem, but since to all these teenage wannabe-depressed douches I've seen here in Finland and all this crap about teens finally hitting puberty and making up their depressions I've become very cynical about this problem. Like, if someone really has it ok I can understand what's going on I've studied the symptoms and I've lived with someone who's been diagnosed, but anyone with this "lol i'm bipolar" claiming their life is shit deserves to be beat up. Besides, I think just plain mood changes and real bi-polar disorder shouldn't be mixed, due to this mental illness being so recently discussed I'm doubtful about even all diagnoses about this disorder being true. Most of the diagnosed people have no idea of the actual illness or living their lives inside their heads, and at the same time some of the most intelligent and socially active high school kids can have it without knowing.

Basically, idea of this post:

I'm skeptical.
I'm completely with you on that one. There are so many kids who are just way too big of peccimistic douches and try to play it off like their life sucks. There's this kid who always trys getting people to feel sorry for him, always saying how much he hates his life and his parents and such. One day he was saying how much he hated his dad, and when I asked him why, this was his honest response.

"He's fixing my car this weekend, but I wanted to play baseball with da guys!"

So basically, not only was his dad paying for all the neccesities for repairs, but he was doing it too. And the kid was bitching because he couldn't go play baseball with his friends. I just called him a selfish bitch and walked away.

20thCB
01-03-2009, 08:50 AM
You have to wonder how many dip shits are diagnosing kids with bipolar when theres been a forty fold increase from 94' to 03'. A friend of my mom (psychiatrist) says the number is a much greater today - which is alarming to say the least. That's not more bipolar people, that's over diagnosis.

adude113
01-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Well there's always the possibility that a lot of people who actually had it used to go undiagnosed.

campkill_yourself
01-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Bi-polar disorder is not real

OasIsSk8eR
01-03-2009, 12:55 PM
it's alot more sudden of a switch in moods than you describe.

Vivica
01-03-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't understand bi-polar disorder... I really don't.
For years i was convinced it was a load of crap...And to be honest, i still think for most people its just a case of being mentally and socially maladjusted (IE - i mirror the views of campkill_yourself, nice to see you back by the way).

I always assumed that as its has only fairly recently been defined in terms of the condition itself, that it was fuelled by the check-list diagnosis of the late 1980's... In which is you didn't conform to a predetermined image of normality you obviously have some type of disorder.

Now... i've had some pretty shit times in my life as we all have, i'm not going to bitch and moan about it, these things happen, and i just think that certain people aren't able to cope with that as well, be that due to their upbringing, hormonal imbalance, or some sort of crazed disorder which requires a fantastic cocktail of drugs to put it in check.

I know this post doesn't really reach any conclusion, but i'm sure somebody's going to go off on one about it anyway.

Night Night SBC.

Gopher
01-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't know but I'll recommend just seeing a doctor, as you should with any mental illness, everything get's so much better.

My girlfriend has depression and now that she's on meds she's like ten times cooler and I don't feel like smashing her face into the ground.

akkaquill
01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
For years i was convinced it was a load of crap...And to be honest, i still think for most people its just a case of being mentally and socially maladjusted (IE - i mirror the views of campkill_yourself, nice to see you back by the way).

I always assumed that as its has only fairly recently been defined in terms of the condition itself, that it was fuelled by the check-list diagnosis of the late 1980's... In which is you didn't conform to a predetermined image of normality you obviously have some type of disorder.

Now... i've had some pretty shit times in my life as we all have, i'm not going to bitch and moan about it, these things happen, and i just think that certain people aren't able to cope with that as well, be that due to their upbringing, hormonal imbalance, or some sort of crazed disorder which requires a fantastic cocktail of drugs to put it in check.

I know this post doesn't really reach any conclusion, but i'm sure somebody's going to go off on one about it anyway.

Night Night SBC.

i agree. people who are compulsive and have rapid mood swings aren't bipolar; it's just their personality. if their personality is a disorder than mine should be as well. what name can we make up for someone who is in a fairly good mood most of the time and has stable mood changes?

Tony
01-03-2009, 02:26 PM

Night Night SBC.

Having good and bad days isn't bipolar, that's a pretty common fallacy.

i_don't_know
01-03-2009, 02:27 PM
i agree. people who are compulsive and have rapid mood swings aren't bipolar; it's just their personality. if their personality is a disorder than mine should be as well. what name can we make up for someone who is in a fairly good mood most of the time and has stable mood changes?

You know, this post really got me thinking. Even if something is technically wrong, I'm not so sure I'd even want to change it.

/thread

Gopher
01-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Because I'm sure a couple of high school educated teenagers know more than doctors and scientists who have studied the human brain for decades...

Not dissing either of you, only stating that taking Psych 1 & 2 doesn't qualify you whatsoever to dismiss any mental illnesses.

akkaquill
01-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Because I'm sure a couple of high school educated teenagers know more than doctors and scientists who have studied the human brain for decades...

Not dissing either of you, only stating that taking Psych 1 & 2 doesn't qualify you whatsoever to dismiss any mental illnesses.

who is this directed towards?

Tony
01-03-2009, 02:47 PM

My guess would be at the people underestimating the bipolar disorder as a mental illness.

Gopher
01-03-2009, 02:58 PM

You and Vivica.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, only that you're not in the least qualified to be making the statements that you two are. I can understand your opinions on the matter, but to dismiss them as to not want him to even get checked out is stupid. Especially since mental illnesses tend to only get worse down the line, and suicide really isn't a good outcome.

So, like I said before, go see a shrink IDK, what's the worse thing that could happen? Either you check out fine and you're someone with normal mood swings, or there's something deeper that needs to be looked into.

Fudopi
01-03-2009, 03:03 PM
My fifth grade teacher had it, he was cool...

I have asthma...

akkaquill
01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
You and Vivica.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, only that you're not in the least qualified to be making the statements that you two are. I can understand your opinions on the matter, but to dismiss them as to not want him to even get checked out is stupid. Especially since mental illnesses tend to only get worse down the line, and suicide really isn't a good outcome.

So, like I said before, go see a shrink IDK, what's the worse thing that could happen? Either you check out fine and you're someone with normal mood swings, or there's something deeper that needs to be looked into.

my opinion isn't unwarranted. i've spent 19 years of my life with a diagnosed severely bipolar mother, 16 years with a diagnosed bipolar brother, and was "confirmed" to be bipolar myself this past july. the reason i believe that bipolar disorder is not a real disorder and is really just a term thrown loosely over a group of people who have similar personality traits is that i have complete control over my emotion through logical thinking. my brother is the same way. up until he was around 12 he didn't have a lot of control over his emotions; but then, who does at that age? now by age 16 he doesn't have rapid mood swings unless he lets them happen, and the same goes for me. i've been very stable my entire life except for a several month period of depression which was at it's worst in july (which is why they diagnosed me). my mother has been taking medication for depression for the last 6 or 7 years and she's been very stable since then. she takes nothing for her bipolar "disorder" but has no problems with it.

a mental disorder cannot be turned on and off or controlled through logical thinking, therefore i don't think there is a such thing as bipolar disorder. the fact that so many people are diagnosed with it every year is reason enough to believe it's a cash cow rather than a mental illness.

HardcoreT09
01-03-2009, 11:32 PM
You have to wonder how many dip shits are diagnosing kids with bipolar when theres been a forty fold increase from 94' to 03'. A friend of my mom (psychiatrist) says the number is a much greater today - which is alarming to say the least. That's not more bipolar people, that's over diagnosis.

yeah i completely agree...kind of like how nobody used to have add, but now anybody can walk into the psychiatrists office and come out with a prescription for adderol.

HardcoreT09
01-03-2009, 11:34 PM
my opinion isn't unwarranted. i've spent 19 years of my life with a diagnosed severely bipolar mother, 16 years with a diagnosed bipolar brother, and was "confirmed" to be bipolar myself this past july. the reason i believe that bipolar disorder is not a real disorder and is really just a term thrown loosely over a group of people who have similar personality traits is that i have complete control over my emotion through logical thinking. my brother is the same way. up until he was around 12 he didn't have a lot of control over his emotions; but then, who does at that age? now by age 16 he doesn't have rapid mood swings unless he lets them happen, and the same goes for me. i've been very stable my entire life except for a several month period of depression which was at it's worst in july (which is why they diagnosed me). my mother has been taking medication for depression for the last 6 or 7 years and she's been very stable since then. she takes nothing for her bipolar "disorder" but has no problems with it.

a mental disorder cannot be turned on and off or controlled through logical thinking, therefore i don't think there is a such thing as bipolar disorder. the fact that so many people are diagnosed with it every year is reason enough to believe it's a cash cow rather than a mental illness.

you dont have bipolar disorder, youre just retarded.

KREAM
01-04-2009, 06:35 AM
got it

Vivica
01-04-2009, 06:53 AM
You and Vivica.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, only that you're not in the least qualified to be making the statements that you two are...

Although i fail to see what qualifies anybody else on this forum either, i have to admit this is a better response to my post than i expected. Thanks for not just going off on one.

I think i underestimate most mental illnesses (especially the likes of bi-polar, autism, ADHD, etc) on the basis that i fail to see how some good old fashioned logic and discipline can't sort most of it out.

Example - Both myself and my friend lost our Mums, each from a brain tumour, literally about 12 months apart. I was upset, but dealt. He on the other hand was put on medication and diagnosed with a number of fancy pants conditions.
There's nothing wrong with the guy... and in his case i'd bet bottom dollar its down to attention seeking as a result of his upbringing and family structure.

As i've said, i don't really understand the condition further than what its symptoms are... So i'm actually pretty keen to hear from those with more experiance on the matter.

Tony
01-04-2009, 07:08 AM
It's easier to walk thousands of miles in your dreams than to take one step in real life.

If you really fail to realize the fact that not everyone has the discipline and power of will to keep their minds straight I kinda feel bad for you. People might have mental illnesses coming from their genes, like maybe your mother suffered the bipolar disorder. We aren't all powerful by our minds, some of us just get mental illnesses easier. It's easy to underestimate something you've never experienced, this goes to pretty much everything.

I could say I could deal with losing my mother like it's nothing, but in the case it would happen, it could be that I'd have to take my words back.

Vivica
01-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Oh come on Tony be real here... I'm obviously not that much of an idiot, i do realise we're all individuals with our own tolerances and reactions...

Honestly, you show one ounce of scepticism and suddenly people think you have no empathy what so ever...

Tony
01-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Oh come on Tony be real here... I'm obviously not that much of an idiot, i do realise we're all individuals with our own tolerances and reactions...

Honestly, you show one ounce of scepticism and suddenly people think you have no empathy what so ever...

Hey did you read my first post at all? Last sentence of it?

I'm skeptical.

akkaquill
01-04-2009, 08:41 AM
you dont have bipolar disorder, youre just retarded.

oh really? that's weird, considering i said i was diagnosed with it but don't actually have it nor do i believe it exists. you're an idiot. but to back up what i said here's some background information.

i went through depression starting in early july and ending in early october. the worst point was the very end of july and the beginning of august. i was locked in a mental hospital and a number of things were diagnosed, bipolar being one of them.

theonlysun81
01-04-2009, 09:20 AM
You should probably find a psychology forum for this question.

Vivica
01-04-2009, 09:27 AM
You should probably find a psychology forum for this question.

Man talks sense.

This seems a wise first course of action.

theonlysun81
01-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Like you have to think, in the Middle Ages or Neolithic times, was there bi-polar disorder? What has caused the onset of this disorder? Will it continue to increase expondentially if the reason it has increased isn't stopped?

sk8board15
01-04-2009, 09:34 AM
I have it and there's a history of it throughout my family. It's just that now I can sort of control it by exhausting myself, like doing 50 push ups or something. I definitely don't want to live like this though but whatever.

Shred-Z
01-04-2009, 09:46 AM
My last boyfriend had it. And it's really not a good thing. I told him to get help to control it, but he didn't want to. It eventually got to a point where it was so rediculous that neither of us could deal with it anymore. But seriously, if you have it and it's bad, get help.

Tony
01-04-2009, 09:49 AM
This forum is starting to fill with chicks.

Popwar Pill
01-04-2009, 09:56 AM
I used to take Effexor and shit like that, I tried about 5 or 6 medicines, none of which worked. I was on 150mg of that shit...I felt like a zombie, all I ever wanted to do was just sleep. Then finally I just wanted to leave, so I got sent to the psych ward...and they wanted me to go to rehab.

My mom told them to fuck themselves and that weed wasn't addictive...and I got to go home. I also stopped taking my medicine and just started smoking more weed, which has actually helped me more than any medication. So as long as I smoke at least once every 2 days I'm fine.

Popwar Pill
01-04-2009, 09:57 AM
This forum is starting to fill with chicks.

I can just ban them all and we can continue with the brodeo

HardcoreT09
01-04-2009, 10:10 AM
how can you control emotions through logical thinking??

Vivica
01-04-2009, 10:21 AM
how can you control emotions through logical thinking??

I basically meant this as below.

Logic = balance.
Balance = not letting emotions control you.
Not letting emotions control you = Control.
Therefore Logic = Control

...Again, please can nobody flip out at what i'm saying, i'm up for discussion, not flamage.

HardcoreT09
01-04-2009, 10:30 AM
ohh ok i thought you meant you could pick happy,sad,angry, etc.

Matty-PIMP
01-04-2009, 10:38 AM
My cousin and aunt have bi-polar disorder.

My cousin had symptoms of bipolar disorder as a kid, then when he was a teenager he started doing a shitload of drugs like ecstacy, coke, crack, oxy, pretty much everything, and the X fucked up his serotonin relase, so now he's permanetly bi-polar and in prison 'till 2013 because he robbed houses for drug money.

My aunt's bi-polar since birth and she's werid as shit. At family functions she comes, then at anytime, she just flips a switch and leaves...

reptiskate52
01-04-2009, 10:41 AM
A kid I used to be friends with had it. He was a fucking faggot.

Tony
01-04-2009, 02:16 PM
I can just ban them all and we can continue with the brodeo

Yeah I wonder what would happen to the pinkeh bandwagon.

20thCB
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Like you have to think, in the Middle Ages or Neolithic times, was there bi-polar disorder? What has caused the onset of this disorder? Will it continue to increase expondentially if the reason it has increased isn't stopped?

I bet there was. The brain is an imperfect organ so I would assume that through it's evolution it's always had imperfections. The chemical (im)balance that causes bipolar disorder is probably directly related to a similar case of more simple brains. I hope Gopher jumps in and says something as I'm just speculating.

I don't know whether there has been a true increase in the disorder or just in the number of people diagnosed. My whole argument is that it's over diagnosed - as no disorder would become forty times more common in less than ten years. And if we were to discover an increase I doubt we could discover the source. Children on the autism spectrum are becoming more common now and it's easy to monitor something like that. But yet, no one can truly say why it's becoming so common. I bet that BPD would be a similar type of situation.

HUnGary_SAmUraI
01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
dunno man, I had catanoic depression and severe anxiety so I know kinda what you're going through

the thing about bipolar, is you can have only ONE mood swing in your life and you can still have the illness, but the fact that you're prolly still a kid means it could just be moodswings, kids have huuuuge moodswings doens't meant it's a disease

I just say, if you can get by, just wait till you're like early twenties then see what's up

I don't know, I just hate kids on medication it's sad

HUnGary_SAmUraI
01-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Honestly I don't have it but I studied it and have friends with it, basically it's really rapid mood changes. One minute somebodys happy and in a split second something sets them off.

ha bullshit, that's like being retarded

the thing about bipolar, is you can have only ONE mood swing in your life and you can still have the illness

Deth Kult
01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't think I have it but I do sometimes randomly get angry sometimes for no apparent reason. I can be happy and out of no where I'd feel like I wanna kill someone or something.

Dash
01-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I kind of wonder if bipolar disorder was a genetic mutation like a thousand years ago, because that would mean everyone that has it is related....miff.

silvaf
01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
watch the movie Mr Jones, its about this bipolar guy. Pretty famous too. And a good movie also