PDA

View Full Version : help me with my laptop battery

Monkeyskater
12-31-2008, 09:15 PM
i have my laptop plugged in and its telling me that the battery is charging, and yet my juice is going down.

wtf is happening?

DVS Skater
12-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. The box on the charger was overheated so I just unplugged it for five minutes and then plugged it back in and voila.

Monkeyskater
12-31-2008, 09:21 PM
i unplugged everything overnight while i put the battery in the freezer.
i turned this on with a full battery 10 minutes ago, and now im at 89%. still plugged in, still "charging"

sns
12-31-2008, 09:23 PM
could your charger be fucked?

and putting it in the freezer probably didn't do anything..

Monkeyskater
12-31-2008, 09:26 PM
could your charger be fucked?

and putting it in the freezer probably didn't do anything..

well i read that it might help. i guess not.

and idk about the charger. it charges it normally, but once it reaches 100 it just says "fuck you" and kills me battery.

and unplugging it just makes it go down faster, since this battery was fucked when i got it.

sns
12-31-2008, 09:28 PM
well i read that it might help. i guess not.

and idk about the charger. it charges it normally, but once it reaches 100 it just says "fuck you" and kills me battery.

and unplugging it just makes it go down faster, since this battery was fucked when i got it.

i don't get it? it charges from 0 but then when it hits 100 it goes back down? so you have to wait for 0 to charge it again?

so it does charge? so what's the problem? you can't leave it unplugged?

like if it's still charging it then what's the problem

Monkeyskater
12-31-2008, 09:32 PM
i don't get it? it charges from 0 but then when it hits 100 it goes back down? so you have to wait for 0 to charge it again?

so it does charge? so what's the problem? you can't leave it unplugged?

like if it's still charging it then what's the problem

problem is its going down, but charger is plugged in and its telling me its charging, yet the power is decreasing.

bigmanbowers
12-31-2008, 09:33 PM
every computer has a internal watch type battery. Once that watch type battery dies then it won't hold a charge anymore. Take it to comp usa and they will fix it for live 5 bucks.

sns
12-31-2008, 09:34 PM
problem is its going down, but charger is plugged in and its telling me its charging, yet the power is decreasing.

yeah but you said the charger still works until it gets full

Monkeyskater
12-31-2008, 09:42 PM
yeah but you said the charger still works until it gets full

yeah then once it does it goes straight down, even though the charge light is on

unplugging it and plugging it back in doesnt do anything. basically i have to wait until it gets to 0 to charge it back up again.

bigmanbowers
12-31-2008, 09:45 PM
did you read what I wrote?

sns
12-31-2008, 09:45 PM
what if you don't let it hit 100?

Monkeyskater
12-31-2008, 09:59 PM
yeah if nothing works out i might go get it fixed or just buy another one.

and i guess i can try that, drake.