PDA

View Full Version : If you know anything about cars, their value, etc....COME HERE NOW!

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Okay. I just got back from picking up my car at the mechanic place my family goes to. My parents are friends with the guy Tom who owns it. My mom mentioned on the way there something about his daughter selling a Mustang. So, as we're walking in I see they put it in the garage due to the snow, so I go in to check it out.

It's fucking amazing. Almost PERFECT condition (largely due to her dad's shop), red 04/05ish Mustang. I've ALWAYS wanted one, and there it is. And he told us she's asking $8 Grand for it, but really only wants $7 grand. This is like a dream for me

So, I have around $2 Grand in my bank account. Putting all that in, I'd still need around $5 Grand. Right now, I have my dad's old '02 Mercury Grand Marquis. It has around 150,000 miles on it unfortunatley, as well as a broken rear defroster and a small 'fuck up' around the left front bumper. Interior is in mostly good condition, only the front floor mats are very worn and there are one or two small tears in the leather.

How much can I get for this? Google was useless in trying to figure out. I'd want at least $4 Grand, and then maybe I can make some sort of soul-binding deal with my parents for the last $1,000. Also, are there any 'repairs' I could make to it that would help with the value? I'm leaning away from the rear defroster because that'd be costly, but if it'll help proportionally, I'd suck it up.

new_skater99
12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
www.kbb.com

looks like around $3,200ish, but i just sort of estimated some stuff... thats not including the broken defroster or anything.

Burrut
12-31-2008, 10:25 AM
this is important. is it a GT, or a gay ass V6 stang

bigmanbowers
12-31-2008, 10:34 AM
just fix in interior flaws and exterior flaws and it will go Idk post pics and I can tell you. But if it's nice on the outside and inside and it starts then you could get some cash for it.

Let Fire Fall
12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Mustang's are fuckign gay as shit. It'll fit you perfectly.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm pretty positive it was a GT.

Mustang's are fuckign gay as shit. It'll fit you perfectly.

Do I recall you having a Jetta? I could make a sterotyped comment right now....

pain.
12-31-2008, 10:41 AM
v6 mustangs are weak.
stock jettas are weak
gt mustangs are decent
modified jettas are sick.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Fuck. It might of been an 07, it looked a hella lot like this, minus the white stripe and decal on the windshield:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2572/mustangby7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Dash
12-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Fuck. It might of been an 07, it looked a hella lot like this, minus the white stripe and decal on the windshield:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2572/mustangby7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

That's hideous, 91 Volvo 240's ftw.

http://www.discountvoparts.com/includes/images/Volvo_Parts/Volvo240Part1.JPG

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 11:01 AM
That's hideous, 91 Volvo 240's ftw.

http://www.discountvoparts.com/includes/images/Volvo_Parts/Volvo240Part1.JPG

I'm gonna regard this post as a complete joke.

lazylife
12-31-2008, 11:03 AM
i don't think you're going to get as much as you want for your car. but i don't like mustangs anyways, i think they're ugly as shit and i see them alll the time around here.

also, arn't the hood scoops fake?

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 11:06 AM
i don't think you're going to get as much as you want for your car. but i don't like mustangs anyways, i think they're ugly as shit and i see them alll the time around here.

also, arn't the hood scoops fake?

I don't really know. I looked on Auto Trader, and some that were like '00 were going for around $6. So I figured with double the mileage they had and all the small problems, 2 grand was appropriate to subtract off.

And I don't even care about hood scoops or any of that shit. So long as it isn't pink or yellow, I think mustangs look dope.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! My dad just called and I mentioned it to him, and he says at most he thinks it'd only be worth 2 grand.

Shit. Okay, I need a way to make 3 grand in a month. I'd prefer ways which allow me to retain my dignity, although morality isn't an issue.

new_skater99
12-31-2008, 11:22 AM
why do you only have a month?

would you be able to borrow money from your parents and pay them back?

Dash
12-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! My dad just called and I mentioned it to him, and he says at most he thinks it'd only be worth 2 grand.

Shit. Okay, I need a way to make 3 grand in a month. I'd prefer ways which allow me to retain my dignity, although morality isn't an issue.

Be an expensive male prostitute, you will retain your dignity if you sell yourself for more than 20 dollars.

sk8board15
12-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Get a loan.

blindskater is back
12-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Gt?

bigmanbowers
12-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Pics or gtfo

sns
12-31-2008, 01:46 PM
So you're going through all this trouble to look like a douche in a red mustang?

Ride The Sky
12-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Sell your shit.
Go to the bank and by a loan.
If they deny you a loan.
Go back with a shotgun and deny them from their lives.

sns
12-31-2008, 01:51 PM
it's not like the mustangs going to go right away. you have time to make the money. but i suggest you don't .

Let Fire Fall
12-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Do I recall you having a Jetta? I could make a sterotyped comment right now....

jetta > mustang

id say mustangs are just as much girl cars as a jetta too.

old mustangs are alright, new mustangs are gay as fuhhh.

plus i get more poon poon because of my jetta than your lamesy mustang. girls love my car. because it is essentially a girl car.

"OMG YOU DRIVE A JETTA?! THAT IS SOOO CUTE!"

bam nigga get off my girl shit.

Ride The Sky
12-31-2008, 02:03 PM
My civic will own both of you.

Let Fire Fall
12-31-2008, 02:04 PM
oh btw i dont give two shits about cars.

Burrut
12-31-2008, 02:11 PM
My civic will own both of you.
my srt will smash you bish, and if you dog on it's looks, i'll just crush you with the camaro. :-P

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 02:57 PM
jetta > mustang

id say mustangs are just as much girl cars as a jetta too.

old mustangs are alright, new mustangs are gay as fuhhh.

plus i get more poon poon because of my jetta than your lamesy mustang. girls love my car. because it is essentially a girl car.

"OMG YOU DRIVE A JETTA?! THAT IS SOOO CUTE!"

bam nigga get off my girl shit.

First off, I don't even have it yet. I want it.

And secondly, HOTT > CUTE

"OMG YOU DRIVE THAT MUSTANG?! THAT IS SOOOO HOTT!"

What's up now bitch?

sns
12-31-2008, 02:58 PM

And secondly, CUTE > HOTT

What's up now bitch?

hahaha inequalities are hard aren't they?

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:01 PM
hahaha inequalities are hard aren't they?

Hahaha, yeah I read that as I had clicked back to General Off Topic and was like, "NO FUCK!!" It's all good now though.

Ride The Sky
12-31-2008, 03:02 PM

What's up now bitch?

Yet with my big ass truck, all the girls will be like, "Damn, you drive that? How about taking me for a ride."

And they don't mean a ride in my truck, they mean a ride on my dick.

I win.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Yet with my big ass truck, all the girls will be like, "Damn, you drive that? How about taking me for a ride."

And they don't mean a ride in my truck, they mean a ride on my dick.

I win.

Pick up trucks are ridiculously gay. I love how guys get them and think it makes them manly and tough. I think they're only surpassed in faggishness by mini vans.

lazylife
12-31-2008, 03:05 PM
my situation:
"ooooo, your legs are so sexy from having to walk everywhere"

except not really

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Ahahahahahaha

Let Fire Fall
12-31-2008, 03:08 PM

What's up now bitch?

game over i win.

sns
12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Pick up trucks are ridiculously gay. I love how guys get them and think it makes them manly and tough. I think they're only surpassed in faggishness by mini vans.

trucks are sick as long as you don't lift them and put hunting stickers all over them. if you have a use for them they're nice too.

but look who's saying all this, somebody who drives a grand marquis and is getting a mustang.

Let Fire Fall
12-31-2008, 03:12 PM
id much rather drive a truck or an SUV if gas wasnt a bitch, even though it went way down.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:14 PM
trucks are sick as long as you don't lift them and put hunting stickers all over them. if you have a use for them they're nice too.

but look who's saying all this, somebody who drives a grand marquis and is getting a mustang.

Ohhh man, that's cold. Coming from someone with a fucking Durango.

id much rather drive a truck or an SUV if gas wasnt a bitch, even though it went way down.

An SUV I wouldn't mind at all, they can be pretty sick. I've never liked pickup trucks though.

sns
12-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Ohhh man, that's cold. Coming from someone with a fucking Durango.

An SUV I wouldn't mind at all, they can be pretty sick. I've never liked pickup trucks though.

i don't think i have to say much considering you just contradicted yourself.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:16 PM
i don't think i have to say much considering you just contradicted yourself.

I said, "they can be". I've seen pictures of yours, and it distinctivly goes into the "can not be" catagory of that statment.

sns
12-31-2008, 03:17 PM
I said, "they can be". I've seen pictures of yours, and it distinctivly goes into the "can not be" catagory of that statment.

i know you haven't seen pictures of mine. i like it and most of my friends do. and i'd pick it over a grand marquis anyday, and probably over a mustang.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I have. I remember xCxCxHx's specific post where he quoted the picture-post and said, "That's some awesome lawn there, better get that piece of shit Durango off it".

Let Fire Fall
12-31-2008, 03:20 PM
yea durangos are lame.

chevy blazers are sick.

ive always wanted a ford bronco though.

sns
12-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I have. I remember xCxCxHx's specific post where he quoted the picture-post and said, "That's some awesome lawn there, better get that piece of shit Durango off it".

you mean the one of the gay black one with black rims and hydrolics? yes that one was gay as fuck, it's not mine.

i don't have pictures of mine.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
you mean the one of the gay black one with black rims and hydrolics? yes that one was gay as fuck, it's not mine.

i don't have pictures of mine.

Once a durango, always a durango.

Get some pics so I can diss it properly.

Ride The Sky
12-31-2008, 03:25 PM
My truck is badass. Other than it having 10 different colors. It has a lift, it has 36" tires, it has loud ass pipes, it has a 454 in it, and it has over 9000 horsepower.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
You sir, are a fucking liar.

sns
12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
i got a v8

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Me too.

sns
12-31-2008, 03:29 PM
my car isn't owned by 90% of old shitty drivers

sk8board15
12-31-2008, 03:30 PM
It seems like you guys are in several threads at one time.

Ride The Sky
12-31-2008, 03:30 PM
You sir, are a fucking liar.

Nuh uh.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z25/zacattac318/K1006074-1.jpg

It looks like shit, yet it runs like a dream.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:37 PM
my car isn't owned by 90% of old shitty drivers

My car isn't owned by the bitch soccer mom down the street, or the one in the neighboring neighborhood.

However, mine does signifigantly decrease my chances at being pulled over for speeding and other minor traffic infractions, due to it's heavy use as an undercover cop car/

rheng
12-31-2008, 03:44 PM
my srt will smash you bish, and if you dog on it's looks, i'll just crush you with the camaro. :-P

my wrx will smash your....wait shit....
what kind of srt is it? srt 4 i assume since you commented on it's looks =p
turbo'd 4 bangers ftw

but umm, 150k miles for a mustang is really pushing it, and with it's problems you'd probably get around 2-3k

Poo_Pancake
12-31-2008, 03:45 PM
that is like rip off

rheng
12-31-2008, 03:46 PM
look what i found about jetta's
http://www.gaywheels.com/top_10_researched_vehicles_on_1.htm
number 6 on the list
=p

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:46 PM

but umm, 150k miles for a mustang is really pushing it, and with it's problems you'd probably get around 2-3k

No no no, the Grand Marquis has 150k miles and minor problems haha.

God damnit. My parents are both being bitches about having it in the snow now. Are they really THAT bad in the winter? My Grand Marquis sucks in the snow as it is, will it be that big a difference?

rheng
12-31-2008, 03:50 PM

oh oops, honestly i kinda just skimmed the post and didn't actually read it >.>

here's some stuff about mustangs in snow too, might be useful:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mid-west/63540-mustang-in-snow.html

sns
12-31-2008, 03:57 PM
i heard durangos are good in snow...i wouldn't know though. i do know that i've never gotten stuck on the sand and today i was in some pretty soft sand.

badass

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 03:57 PM
oh oops, honestly i kinda just skimmed the post and didn't actually read it >.>

here's some stuff about mustangs in snow too, might be useful:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mid-west/63540-mustang-in-snow.html

Wordddd! Thanks a ton bro.

rheng
12-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Wordddd! Thanks a ton bro.

no problem, it sounds like you should be fine as long as you don't do anything stupid.

p.s. yes, the hoodscoops on the mustangs are fake/non functional

Phenomenon
12-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Mustangs are disgusting. After 1970 they should of been discontinued. Any new Mustang is disgusting. It's terrible in the winter and slides everywhere. Let's think about this situation for a minute. Your buying a rear wheel drive sports car and it's going be driving in the winter? I wouldn't drive it in the winter personally. Especially if you get the GT version, I believe it's 100 hp more then the regular version? That's a lot more power to handle. I guess I just really hate Mustangs because every driver here that has a Mustang is a cocky Guido.

If you put snow tires on the Mustang and your a good driver, and your careful not careless you should be fine in the winter. As long as you drive slow that is. If your buying the car for looks and not performance go for it, it's a decent looking car and it's a lot cheaper then most people would want to sell it for. If your looking for performance don't buy a Mustang. Also if your going to be doing any street racing or "dicking around" (because I know a lot of new drivers or teenagers buy fast cars for that main reason), then don't get a Mustang.

If I was you I'd look for a cheaper import, unless your totally against imports.

Examples:
- Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6, 7 or 8
- Subaru WRX ( all wheel drive is so nice )
- 3rd generation Mazda RX 7
- Older Nissan Skyline GTR's
- Toyota Supra ( or maybe a Toyota Soarer? )
- Honda Civic ( Not really an import but still )

These are all great cars. Unfortunately I'll be looking for my first car soon. I should of had my license already but I didn't take Driver's ED till a year after. So I'll be 16 and won't have my license for another 9 months, atleast I'll be able to drive in the summer by myself. I'm still in the process of saving up my money as of now, but my father might be selling his Lincoln LS and buying a new car. He's thinking about going down to the United States and buying a car. They have deals on right now if you guys haven't heard of them about doing 2 for 1 car deals. So I could luck out and get a free car or he'll sell it and put in money for a car of my choice. Still debating between a Subaru WRX STi and a 3rd Generation Mazda RX 7.

Anyways if I was you I'd buy the Mustang and resell it on Ebay or Autotrader along with your Grand Maraquis and buy an import, if you didn't notice already I love imports. Japan automakers have been making better cars then the United States for years now and it's about time people finally figured it out. I believe with the Top 3 Automakers in the USA finally being in real big trouble people will finally figure it out.

graffeedy5
12-31-2008, 05:41 PM

sell alot of weed

graffeedy5
12-31-2008, 05:45 PM

God damnit. My parents are both being bitches about having it in the snow now. Are they really THAT bad in the winter? My Grand Marquis sucks in the snow as it is, will it be that big a difference?

my dad had a grand marquis and it was terrible in the snow, i remember having to stay at a hotel one night in a snowstorm because we live at the most uphill part of my city and the car wouldnt make it. My neighbor on the otherhand had a mustang, and she was pretty chill and i rode with her in the snow a few times, its better than the grand marquis IMO. But then again i didnt drive either of them, but the mustang didnt spin out or fishtail as much as the marquis as far as i could see.

Phenomenon
12-31-2008, 05:54 PM
my dad had a grand marquis and it was terrible in the snow, i remember having to stay at a hotel one night in a snowstorm because we live at the most uphill part of my city and the car wouldnt make it. My neighbor on the otherhand had a mustang, and she was pretty chill and i rode with her in the snow a few times, its better than the grand marquis IMO. But then again i didnt drive either of them, but the mustang didnt spin out or fishtail as much as the marquis as far as i could see.

The Grand Marquis is garbage in snow. The Mustang's pretty bad too but at least it has enough power to pull yourself out of a slide if you get in one. I assume you've never ridden or drove a vehicle that's good in the snow before, if you thought the Mustang was good to should see some other cars. We own a Ford 150 1996 and it's possibly the worst vehicle to drive in snow. With studded tires the thing still slides everywhere. The box is too light so it just slides, you have to put concrete cinder blocks in the back to give it traction. That's dangerous though. Stupid Ford.

rheng
12-31-2008, 05:58 PM
how can you hate on american muscle?!
http://sh3070.k12.sd.us/pics/AC-Cobra-427_big.jpg

Burrut
12-31-2008, 06:10 PM
turbo'd 4 bangers ftw

yeah, it's an srt-4. my parents would've gotten an srt8 challenger, but they decided on the RT instead. still, 372 break horsepower ain't somethin ta fuck wit

Phenomenon
12-31-2008, 06:13 PM
how can you hate on american muscle?!
http://sh3070.k12.sd.us/pics/AC-Cobra-427_big.jpg

The only American Muscle I like is the older American muscle, but not all of it. I mainly like these cars and almost no others.

- Boss Mustang
- 66, 67, 68 and 69 Mustang Fastbacks
- 69 Dodge Charger
- 69 Barracuda

Any new American Muscle is most likely, disgusting junk. Imports are where it's at. The only event American Muscle is good at is Drag Racing. There's a lot of imports that can Drag Race but don't. Imports are most likely faster, more agile, they grip the road better and they basically dominate every race event. Imports + Japanese drivers will give any American Muscle car and their driver a run for their money.

bigmanbowers
12-31-2008, 06:25 PM
american muscle>shitty imports

http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn460/coreyskate/skyburn.jpg

rheng
12-31-2008, 06:54 PM
yeah, it's an srt-4. my parents would've gotten an srt8 challenger, but they decided on the RT instead. still, 372 break horsepower ain't somethin ta fuck wit

wait so you have an srt-4? or an r/t? either way i doubt it's 372 bhp...unless you've done some serious modding...

lol
bigmanbowers and phenomenon are faboys

d-ville skater
12-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Sell everything you dont need nessecarly. Make some sacrafices.

Fuck ya'll haters. Jettas? Honestly. That stang is sick. My neighbors got a Blue White Duel Stripe 07 stang with new bright chrome 20's. So sick.

Im more of a truck kinda guy though.

kickflip4
12-31-2008, 07:42 PM
My Grand Marquis sucks SO fucking much in the snow. I couldn't pull all the way into my friends driveway tonight with maybe an inch on the fucking ground. Bullshit. The ABS kicks on super easily in the winter, and the traction control light constantly flashes.

The first time I really drove in legit snow alone I was on the way to school. I glanced down at my iPod for a second to change the song, and glanced back up to see the people infront of my breaking to turn into a neighborhood. So I just brake like normal, and then realize, fuck, I'm not slowing down. So I'm stomping on the break as hard as I can, and it was still going like 20 mph. Having no other option I jerked to the right and went off the road, which was with my awesome luck a giant iced over puddle. The right side of the car dipped down as the ice broke and water sprayed up all over. I just kept going and got back on the road and continued, thankfully not getting stuck. But I was inches away from detroying the fucker infront of me from behind.

Dash
12-31-2008, 08:23 PM
You know, Volvo's are Swedish. Swedish is snowy and cold year round.

(c'mon, do it, buy one!)

rheng
12-31-2008, 08:23 PM
The first time I really drove in legit snow alone I was on the way to school. I glanced down at my iPod for a second to change the song, and glanced back up to see the people infront of my breaking to turn into a neighborhood. So I just brake like normal, and then realize, fuck, I'm not slowing down. So I'm stomping on the break as hard as I can, and it was still going like 20 mph. Having no other option I jerked to the right and went off the road, which was with my awesome luck a giant iced over puddle. The right side of the car dipped down as the ice broke and water sprayed up all over. I just kept going and got back on the road and continued, thankfully not getting stuck. But I was inches away from detroying the fucker infront of me from behind.
i read that instead of breaking, downshifting actually works better for slowing down in snow.

sns
12-31-2008, 08:24 PM
it's probably an automatic..

SkaterForLife117
12-31-2008, 08:41 PM
it's probably an automatic..

Well still, if you shift into nuetral, the car stops a lot easier. I'm not positive if this is the correct reason, but I assume it's because there isn't any power causing the wheels to turn where as if you left it in drive, the motor is still spinning the wheels. I don't know, but it definitely works. I drive in Michigan every winter so I would know haha.

EDIT: But when you do that, you should still hit the breaks, but lightly.

sns
12-31-2008, 08:41 PM
i've never driven in any weather under 50 degrees.

Phenomenon
12-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Well still, if you shift into nuetral, the car stops a lot easier. I'm not positive if this is the correct reason, but I assume it's because there isn't any power causing the wheels to turn where as if you left it in drive, the motor is still spinning the wheels. I don't know, but it definitely works. I drive in Michigan every winter so I would know haha.

EDIT: But when you do that, you should still hit the breaks, but lightly.

I'm not quite sure if that's smart. Apparently shifting to neutral will help you slow down but it's the dumbest thing you can do. You now have no power to your vehicle and you can only steer. If you need power to get out of a slide or to avoid something, your fucked.

Rheng I'm not a fanboy I just believe that Imports are better then American Muscle in today's world.

Imports > American Muscle:
- Gas mileage
- Steering/handling
- More parts
- They look better
- Grip the road better
- Good Reputation
- Last longer
- Cheaper
-

SkaterForLife117
01-01-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm not quite sure if that's smart. Apparently shifting to neutral will help you slow down but it's the dumbest thing you can do. You now have no power to your vehicle and you can only steer. If you need power to get out of a slide or to avoid something, your fucked.

Rheng I'm not a fanboy I just believe that Imports are better then American Muscle in today's world.

Imports > American Muscle:
- Gas mileage
- Steering/handling
- More parts
- They look better
- Grip the road better
- Good Reputation
- Last longer
- Cheaper
-

Well yeah, but that's the whole point, it stops you from sliding...