PDA

View Full Version : ok am i out of my mind?

galloway
12-30-2008, 05:34 PM
now the weirdest thing ever is going on. so heres what i got myself into:
ok new years eve is tomorrow and obviously-big big big party in the city centre a lot of alcohol and all my friends are going. so far so good. aaaaaaaaaaanyway-i met this girl not too long ago and we seem to be getting along really well and since she is new here i decided to invite her and so she is coming. now the real weird bit-its not something that usually happens to me but im starting to like her. and the ridiculous bit-she is from iceland and she speaks english relatively well but thats it. so am i completely out of my mind for even thinking about those kind of things considering the fact that communication could be a problem at some point??????? so how fucked up am i?

Fudopi
12-30-2008, 05:36 PM
not very...

Just don't let her get too fucked up...

kickflip4
12-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I don't see the problem here...is it that at one point it may become hard to communicate during the night because she's foreign? OHHHH, because of her getting too drunk? Well do you know if she drinks at all, or to excess even?

galloway
12-30-2008, 05:49 PM
^^i dont have any problems with the nights-especially tomorrow night cause everyone is gonna be pissed to death. im talking about the real life situations. as for her being foreign-so am i but i have never had any problems with it. after all these years abroad speak english and spanish better than my native language so....

Fudopi
12-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Oh like in the long term...

Well I still don't see where it'd be a problem if it wasn't one before...

Unless you think the accent or whatever will annoy you after awhile...

virus_805
12-30-2008, 06:04 PM
pics of the chick

galloway
12-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Oh like in the long term...

Well I still don't see where it'd be a problem if it wasn't one before...

Unless you think the accent or whatever will annoy you after awhile...

nope the accent doesnt bother me... its more like talking to her about random shit and suddenly she asks "what does optimistic mean" and while im explaining i was thinking "what am i getting myself into. this situation reminds me of that old british comedy called mind your language"

for the not so educated kids-mind your language-comedy television series about foreigners trying to learn english

except im not a teacher. im not even english and on top of that im starting to like that girl. wtf??

pics of the chick

curious lil monkey aint you

Clayton or die
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
i think you'll be alright, get your dick wet as planned then when she goes back just talk her less and less and find some new girls. You're in spain right? can't be that hard

kickflip4
12-30-2008, 06:18 PM
So...you're worried about getting into a relationship with her. For...some reason I can't see although I feel it's blantly obvious...

Fudopi
12-30-2008, 06:20 PM
nope the accent doesnt bother me... its more like talking to her about random shit and suddenly she asks "what does optimistic mean" and while im explaining i was thinking "what am i getting myself into. this situation reminds me of that old british comedy called mind your language"

for the not so educated kids-mind your language-comedy television series about foreigners trying to learn english

except im not a teacher. im not even english and on top of that im starting to like that girl. wtf??

curious lil monkey aint you

Well if it's just asking what words mean she'll probably learn most of the average vocabulary after awhile... But you'll probably have to answer a lot of those questions...

kickflip4
12-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Well if it's just asking what words mean she'll probably learn most of the average vocabulary after awhile... But you'll probably have to answer a lot of those questions...

Ohhhhh, he doesnt wanna constantly have to tell her what words mean?

Fudopi
12-30-2008, 06:24 PM

I'm pretty sure because he said he asked himself what he was getting into after she asked what optimistic meant?

galloway
12-30-2008, 06:26 PM
So...you're worried about getting into a relationship with her. For...some reason I can't see although I feel it's blantly obvious...

well to be honest i am worried-all my life ive been falling for the weirdest women and it has never been a good idea. and she is really really weird but that has nothing to do with my question

yeah but... damn just imagine my situation-a 20 year old guy from eastern europe teaching an elf how to speak english. how ridiculous does that sound?

nope. thats not it. look up(about an inch)-common sense?

kickflip4
12-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, if you like her and she's chill and pretty, I don't see why you don't go with the flow. Shouldn't let a language barrier keep you from what could be an awesome relationship. You probably do know the situation a lot better though, so idk.

galloway
12-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Well, if you like her and she's chill and pretty, I don't see why you don't go with the flow. Shouldn't let a language barrier keep you from what could be an awesome relationship. You probably do know the situation a lot better though, so idk.

the situation-ridiculous:
shes 2 years younger than me, goes to a spanish school without knowing a word in spanish, hates everything that has anything to do with spain in general, speaks some weird ass language and some english. i met her not too long ago. and i cant even pronounce her surname even if my life depends on it. other than that she is pretty humble and nice and interesting but damn.....just imagining such a relationship from someone elses point of view-hilarious!

Fudopi
12-30-2008, 06:36 PM
well to be honest i am worried-all my life ive been falling for the weirdest women and it has never been a good idea. and she is really really weird but that has nothing to do with my question

yeah but... damn just imagine my situation-a 20 year old guy from eastern europe teaching an elf how to speak english. how ridiculous does that sound?

nope. thats not it. look up(about an inch)-common sense?

It sounds very ridiculous but so do a lot of things...

I think you should just let things happen know what I'm sayin?

EDIT: Holy... yeah that's pretty crazy...
But I almost went out with a asian girl who attends temple, eats with chop sticks and I have no idea what anyone in her family is saying besides her...

galloway
12-30-2008, 07:10 PM
It sounds very ridiculous but so do a lot of things...

I think you should just let things happen know what I'm sayin?

EDIT: Holy... yeah that's pretty crazy...
But I almost went out with a asian girl who attends temple, eats with chop sticks and I have no idea what anyone in her family is saying besides her...

pretty much the same thing except we are talking about a crazy elf :-D

kickflip4
12-30-2008, 08:23 PM
the situation-ridiculous:
shes 2 years younger than me, goes to a spanish school without knowing a word in spanish, hates everything that has anything to do with spain in general, speaks some weird ass language and some english. i met her not too long ago. and i cant even pronounce her surname even if my life depends on it. other than that she is pretty humble and nice and interesting but damn.....just imagining such a relationship from someone elses point of view-hilarious!

Ahhhh, that is a bit ridiculous haha.

This exchange girl from Ukraine came to our school this year, and the first day in art I noticed her and was like damnnnnn. She was pretty attractive so it seemed. The one day I was uploading a reference photo to use for a pastel piece, and she was like, "That's so cool!" and we started talking. So, the next day I sat next to her and things were going fine, me gaming on her in art class and my other friend 3rd period haha.

But, the situation quickly deteortated. Very soon after she became very, very annoying. Her broken english and habit of focusing on stuff you would sort of try and 'laugh off' that she said got to us both. Now, he does his best to ignore her all together, and she doesnt really make much of an effort to talk to me. So it turned out for the better.

d-ville skater
12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Damn, relax. You can help her with english while getting closer to the girl. Win win situation. Pics of the gal.

galloway
12-31-2008, 03:44 AM
Ahhhh, that is a bit ridiculous haha.

This exchange girl from Ukraine came to our school this year, and the first day in art I noticed her and was like damnnnnn. She was pretty attractive so it seemed. The one day I was uploading a reference photo to use for a pastel piece, and she was like, "That's so cool!" and we started talking. So, the next day I sat next to her and things were going fine, me gaming on her in art class and my other friend 3rd period haha.

But, the situation quickly deteortated. Very soon after she became very, very annoying. Her broken english and habit of focusing on stuff you would sort of try and 'laugh off' that she said got to us both. Now, he does his best to ignore her all together, and she doesnt really make much of an effort to talk to me. So it turned out for the better.

yes it is hilarious! well as being the new girl i suppose its normal to hate everything in sight and im ok with that bit. it fades away eventually. oh and i'll never be able to pronounce her surname :-D

Damn, relax. You can help her with english while getting closer to the girl. Win win situation. Pics of the gal.

that and spanish. still a ridiculous situation. pics-a lot of curious lil monkeys on sbc...