PDA

View Full Version : Memorable shows

artificiallife99
11-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Post your most memorable moments at a show!

I think one of my top memories was seeing the singer of LFG(r.i.p.) moshing before his band played with a plastic baby doll that had scribbled on pentagrams and shit. He kept smashing the baby on the stage, and the head of it ended up on another band's mic stand hahah.

p
11-16-2008, 09:48 AM
dude i have way to many good memories from shows, my first warped tour was pretty memorable. as soon as we walk in anti flag jumps up on stage, and their set is super energetic, fun punk songs big pits, just an all around good time.

meeting aaron barrett, the lead singer of reel big fish was pretty bad ass too. seeing paramore for the first time, tried to crowd surf and got dropped on top of a 250 pound mother. knocked her to the ground and she was screaming at me, that shit was funny.

probably the most memorable was seeing reel big fish, less than jake and streetlight manifesto. it was such a good show and i had a blast, my favorite show ive ever been to.

eberg15101
11-16-2008, 10:39 AM
blue oyster cult wast he best show i ever seen

Kumquat
11-16-2008, 10:57 AM
I would have to say when I saw Tiger Army last summer. It was awesome, so energetic, I was in the front, and was in the pit a lot. Their stand up bassist's bass was green and had tiger stripes all over it. He shook my hand. It was awesome. The show lasted for about an hour, amazing show.

My favorite concert.

PezThePenguin!
11-17-2008, 12:10 PM
the Sky Eats Airplane, Greely Estates and August Burns Red show. When Sky Eats Airplane got on the lead singer was on a speaker and then some guy got on stage and ran into him so the lead singer stoped and more less picked up the guy and threw him back into the crowd then keept singing like nothing happened lol it was great

Nesta.
11-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Coheed concert like 3 years ago was sick.
They Might Be Giants, because it was at the Barrymore which is an awesome theater.
Foo Fighters were pretty good.
And a bunch of local shows

SMR
11-17-2008, 02:08 PM
I saw The Eels last april. The show had such an awesome vibe though, it was only their frontman and drummer in a TINY synogouge with one little blue light on the stage

eberg15101
11-17-2008, 02:36 PM
They Might Be Giants, because it was at the Barrymore which is an awesome theater.

lol they might be giants is such a great band ahahahahahha, what your favorite song by them, mines i am retarded lol

Gibson_SG
11-17-2008, 02:47 PM
AC/DC like 2 weeks ago was the best concert ive been too. loud as hell, angus was insane, brian johnsons voice was great, malcom had great ryjthem, and played sick songs

opeth was insane. flawless performance, and he interactred with the crowd, ALOT

aerosmith was crazy. steven tylers voice was amazing, joe perry was kicking ass, and played there best songs

megadeth with chris broderick was great also

Randomzero
11-17-2008, 03:08 PM
2nd time i saw streetlight manifesto.

best show ive ever been to in my life

Nesta.
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
lol they might be giants is such a great band ahahahahahha, what your favorite song by them, mines i am retarded lol
Ana Ng
Birdhouse in Your Soul
Lucky Ball and Chain
Particle Man

eberg15101
11-17-2008, 03:22 PM
o ha i never even heard the first two you said lol the other ones are cool thoe,

.Blackie.
11-17-2008, 03:34 PM
I saw the Black Lips earlier this year, and it was so fun. Some bands try to act wild and crazy on stage, but these guys were authentic in their crazyness. Cole would spit up in the air and catch in his mouth, then do somersaults all over the stage. They handed out water bottles to everyone, and exclaimed, "We're the people's band!"

kristian
11-17-2008, 04:32 PM
lol they might be giants is such a great band ahahahahahha,

is it really that funny...?

theonlysun81
11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
the Sky Eats Airplane, Greely Estates and August Burns Red show. When Sky Eats Airplane got on the lead singer was on a speaker and then some guy got on stage and ran into him so the lead singer stoped and more less picked up the guy and threw him back into the crowd then keept singing like nothing happened lol it was great

I saw them at the chameleon club in lancaster. Basically the exact same set up. But from your location you are no where near me, so it must have been teh same tour.

SMR
11-17-2008, 05:14 PM

I'm seeing TMBG in a couple weeks. I'm so hyped

wwpskater69
11-17-2008, 05:36 PM
who ad madison square garden there was this really crappy band playing. everyboyd was booing them through their entire set screaming "HEY SEVEN ELEVEN IS HIRING" "YOU GUYS FUCING SUCK" "HOLY FUCKING SHIT GET THAT FAT CUNT OF THE STAGE" my parents and i got to hear the whole thing

eberg15101
11-17-2008, 07:18 PM
is it really that funny...?

yes it is cus theyre just a fun stupid band thats just dumb and theyre songs really have no point, besides just to be dumb and funny, im sorry maybe i should have thought about my internet etiquite o jesus lord have mercy on my soul, i added 3 too many ha's o jesus christ

drizzle
11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
my first real hardcore punk show in chicago with chronic seizure, pandamonium, total fury, and some other shitty bands

fucking INSANE.

then,
my first powerviolence show in chicago in a tiny basement with SFN, Morbid Obesity, and rat patrol

good fucking shit!

all other shows have been fairly mediocre in comparison. none can compare to the vibe of 50 hardcore punks crammed in a basement in southside chicago, moshing in a tiny but powerful pit to raging powerviolence.

riskitforabiscuit
11-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Rage Against the Machine and Iron Maiden stand out. And of course NOFX.

lakai_or_die
11-18-2008, 06:10 AM
ozzfest fuckin insane

PezThePenguin!
11-18-2008, 09:38 AM
I saw them at the chameleon club in lancaster. Basically the exact same set up. But from your location you are no where near me, so it must have been teh same tour.

This or the Apocalypse and A Skylit Drive was also there.

BAKAAA
11-19-2008, 09:34 PM
almost breaking my ass bone during trash talks set on a stage dive earlier this year

www.myspace.com/trashtalkfu

i cheat at golf
11-20-2008, 12:14 AM
Rage Against the Machine and Iron Maiden stand out. And of course NOFX.

WHAT!?! You lucky bastard

Probably best so far was Escape the Fate, before their new album. It was so fucking good, Craig jumped from the balcony with a broken foot...

riskitforabiscuit
11-20-2008, 12:49 AM
WHAT!?! You lucky bastard

Probably best so far was Escape the Fate, before their new album. It was so fucking good, Craig jumped from the balcony with a broken foot...
Sucker. It went off.

i cheat at golf
11-20-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm so jealous I think I might kill myself

Roboman
11-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Sigur Ros is the most memorable show I've been too, especially because the show topped off a big snowboard holiday on Hotham after a remote bushwalking thing in Tasmania. The timing made it a perfect ending. Popplagi­ was the best song I've ever seen live.

But memorable things that happened at a show... when Shooting At Unarmed Men were supporting Laura, people weren't really singing along to their last chorus thing, and the singer got really pissed off, and stole one of the crowd-peoples Russian hats, put it on, threw his guitar, then put the hat on the drummer, then picked up the drummer while he was still trying to drum and threw him off the stage haha. Strong bastard.

artificiallife99
12-28-2008, 03:31 AM
Sigur Ros is the most memorable show I've been too, especially because the show topped off a big snowboard holiday on Hotham after a remote bushwalking thing in Tasmania. The timing made it a perfect ending. Popplagi­ was the best song I've ever seen live.

But memorable things that happened at a show... when Shooting At Unarmed Men were supporting Laura, people weren't really singing along to their last chorus thing, and the singer got really pissed off, and stole one of the crowd-peoples Russian hats, put it on, threw his guitar, then put the hat on the drummer, then picked up the drummer while he was still trying to drum and threw him off the stage haha. Strong bastard.

Haha that's the beauty of any good show - spontaneity.