popwar sk8er
11-11-2008, 07:35 AM
throw candy between songs.

have fun with the audience

make sure you can play the songs very very well

SilverAndSilent
11-11-2008, 07:37 AM
DON'T be a shoegaze band.

get your guitarist(s) and bassist to move around a little, do some stuff with their guitars, and improvise a little bit. extend some good parts of your song (my band sometimes loops breakdowns for a while if the pit becomes pretty big).

if you can play the songs alright, then the only other important aspect is your stage presence. you need to keep the crowd entertained.

happy-skateboarding
11-11-2008, 07:40 AM
^yeah i dont think we will have any trouble moving around a bit, well maybe for one guitarist just because i dont see him moving very much as it is lol

SilverAndSilent
11-11-2008, 07:47 AM
well a lot of it depends on what kind of stuff you play.

i'm gonna take a wild guess and say punk?

happy-skateboarding
11-11-2008, 09:54 AM
^nah i wanted to play ska, and some hard core stuff stuff, but everyone else wanted to play stuff like kill switch engage, so i just ran with it.

Gibson_SG
11-11-2008, 09:59 AM
play loud as hell, headbang, interact with the audience

eberg15101
11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
also, make eye contact with your audience, most of all smile, and i swear if i somehow meraculously find out you did this i will fly myself to where ever the hell you live and kill you, if you look at your fucking instrument the whole damn show, i cant stand it when people are looking at there instrument instead of their audience, it honestly makes the show suck

CTskater94
11-11-2008, 03:21 PM
if its your first gig, just focus on getting all the songs perfect. make eye contact with the audience, interact with them. after all, your supposed to be entertaining them. talk with them inbetween songs, move around etc. best advice ive ever gotten

EdUmacatedd
11-11-2008, 05:18 PM
What kind of bands is your band playing with? What genre? If its hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, shit like that be sure to headbang and move around (ESPECIALLY during breakdowns). Open with a hype ass intro and end with a hype ass outro, when you introduce your band you want the crowd to remember your band name and look you up. Most of all = have a good time.

Kumquat
11-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Move, be energetic, be confident.

silver_rebirth
11-11-2008, 05:50 PM
throw candy between songs.