PDA

View Full Version : travis barker in plane crash!!

!dcskater!
09-20-2008, 07:04 AM
DJ AM and Travis Barker were critically injured in a plane crash Friday night (September 19) in Columbia, South Carolina. They had just performed at a free T-Mobile-sponsored show in the Five Points area, along with Perry Farrell and headliner Gavin DeGraw. Farrell's manager, Peter Katsis, confirmed that Farrell was not on the plane; it was unclear at press time whether DeGraw was onboard.
According to Lynne Douglas, public information officer for the Columbia Metro Airport, the crash took place just before midnight on Friday and involved a private Learjet with six passengers onboard. While taking off, the plane, which never left the ground, began sending up sparks and skidded off the end of the runway through a fence separating the airfield from a nearby roadway. It then crossed the roadway and ended up in an embankment, catching fire on impact. Douglas said two passengers who were later confirmed to be AM and Barker escaped the aircraft while it was on the ground, while the other two passengers and crew members died in the crash.
Beth Frits, a spokesperson for the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia, confirmed that AM (born Adam Goldstein) and Barker were transported to a hospital in Columbia, following the crash. They were transferred AM by helicopter and Barker by ambulance to the Still Center soon after.
Lexington County Deputy Coroner Brian Setree confirmed for MTV News on Saturday morning that three men and a woman were killed in the crash. Just after 10 a.m. Saturday, Setree identified two of the crash victims: the plane's pilot, Sarah Lemmon, 31, of Anaheim, California, and her co-pilot, James Bland, who was 52 and lived in Carlsbad, California. The National Transportation Safety Board has scheduled a press conference for 11:30 a.m., and more details are expected to be revealed at that time.
Former Blink-182 drummer Barker, 32, and DJ AM, 35, were the house band for the 2008 VMAs.

jpharaoh69
09-20-2008, 07:12 AM
damn.

kickflip4
09-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Shittttttt

GNARKILL
09-20-2008, 08:04 AM
i just saw a video about that on the news

davmino
09-20-2008, 08:29 AM
this is sad

-XaxX-
09-20-2008, 08:32 AM
i wish he died, seriously hes an asshole

pinkeh
09-20-2008, 08:48 AM
:[

ZeroOrDie.
09-20-2008, 09:06 AM
whyyyyyyyyyy

:[

Dolphins3416
09-20-2008, 09:23 AM
It would have been sick if he died

$0uL1CiTii*~
09-20-2008, 09:24 AM

that's pretty weak

Nick.
09-20-2008, 09:36 AM

dude, fuck off.

this sucks so hard.

ZeroOrDie.
09-20-2008, 09:39 AM

Don't ever let me see you in real life.

Flipped
09-20-2008, 10:49 AM

I regret posi'ing you yesterday.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Sweet.

We lose so many great musicians left and right, its about time some hack gets his due(even though he didn't die).

Turboz
09-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Sweet.

We lose so many great musicians left and right, its about time some hack gets his due(even though he didn't die).just because he was in Blink 182 and +44, doesn't make him a hack, he was a good drummer, it was the other two that sucked.

pinkeh
09-20-2008, 12:08 PM
You guys are seriously fucked up. LOL I DIDNT LIEK HIZ MOOSIX, HE SHOULD OF DIED. No one deserves that, grow the fuck up.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-20-2008, 12:10 PM
I've seen way much better drummers that don't get half of his recognition. Hes nothing special at all.

Jakallica
09-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I've seen way much better drummers that don't get half of his recognition. Hes nothing special at all.
He's pretty good for a mainstream punk drummer.(when he was in blink)

Burrut
09-20-2008, 12:19 PM
severe burns. damn, i wonder if he looks all disfigured and shit. hopefully it's just like body burns. sucks too, all that money he spent on tattoos. dmn

pinkeh
09-20-2008, 12:19 PM

So he deserved getting hurt in a plane crash? You're an idiot.

eberg15101
09-20-2008, 12:39 PM
severe burns. damn, i wonder if he looks all disfigured and shit. hopefully it's just like body burns. sucks too, all that money he spent on tattoos. dmn

im sure he just wouldnt have enuff money to get it redone after his skin grows back lol, sad, but i do hate him, im not saying he should have died or whatever, but if i cant believe noone has realized this yet

rock n roll and planes dont mix, buddy holly, skynyd, right now im drawin a blank, but theres a shit load more that died or almost died, and now them(even thoe i hate them)

Word Life
09-20-2008, 12:43 PM

that's exactly what I was thinking.

skatecityPBurgh
09-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Wow, this is horrible. Along with some of the people who posted in this thread.

Burrut
09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
i'm not gunna lie. blink 182 used to be like my favorite band

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-20-2008, 01:06 PM
So he deserved getting hurt in a plane crash? You're an idiot.

When did I say he deserves it? I just simply don't care.

We've lost so many great musicians who Travis doesn't hold a candle to, and he only got injured. Big deal, I think we all know he'll survive. He has the cash to survive. If you wanna hear something actually tragic, go read Chuck Schuldiner's story, he was dying of a brain tumor and his health insurance denied helping him with doctor bills, so he couldn't afford treatment even with bands supporting him, then just died.

Did that make news? No, only people in the metal world knew about that. And now I see Travis' silly plane crash story up on myspace and everywhere else and I bet my life, if he was fat and had a mole on his face, no one would give a shit(or know who he is, for that matter). I don't hold much sympathy towards celebrities who's career is based on about 80% of how "hot" they look.

I am not trying to be an asshole, I am just being brutally honest.
I do wish him and his family well, but its honestly don't see it as tragic as other people are.

!dcskater!
09-20-2008, 02:39 PM
all you "smart" people out there people did die in this. the pilot and co pilot died and 2 friends. did they deserve to die? no. stop being a inconsiderit jerk and relize that money cant save some1 who has sever burns all over there body. money has nothing to do with this. travis is not famous just because hes "hott" he is a awsome drummer, producer and owner and founder of famous star and straps a SKATEBOARD company so stop saying hes a ass hole and he dasevers to die when he is in critcal condishon in a hospital. if u were in a plane crash could you get flaming jet fuel all over you and get out and try to save your self? because thats what they did a witness said travis and dj am got out and tryed to get the flameing clothes off of them. i hope you relize that you suck.

Gibson_SG
09-20-2008, 03:10 PM
whoever said good or sweet, fuck you. i hope you get in a fucking plane crash. seriously, i hate him too, but i dont wish him death

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-20-2008, 03:13 PM
all you "smart" people out there people did die in this. the pilot and co pilot died and 2 friends. did they deserve to die? no. stop being a inconsiderit jerk and relize that money cant save some1 who has sever burns all over there body. money has nothing to do with this. travis is not famous just because hes "hott" he is a awsome drummer, producer and owner and founder of famous star and straps a SKATEBOARD company so stop saying hes a ass hole and he dasevers to die when he is in critcal condishon in a hospital. if u were in a plane crash could you get flaming jet fuel all over you and get out and try to save your self? because thats what they did a witness said travis and dj am got out and tryed to get the flameing clothes off of them. i hope you relize that you suck.

An accident involving Travis Barker isn't more important than any plane accident anywhere.

If you read my post I didn't say he deserves to die, you're the one who fails.

And I hope you learn how to spell correctly.

!dcskater!
09-20-2008, 04:19 PM
i didnt say your the one who said i hope he dies and i hope you get a life

Twizzler
09-20-2008, 04:23 PM
I love Travis. Most of his earlier projects were actually pretty good and I liked them alot. I don't really like any of his newer stuff but he's still really cool. I hope he makes it.

iforgot112233
09-20-2008, 04:24 PM
so?? that doesn't mean he deserves to die!

!dcskater!
09-20-2008, 04:27 PM
what do you think will happen to famous straps, +44 if travis does pass away?

-XaxX-
09-20-2008, 05:48 PM
learn to take a joke bruh

woop tang
09-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't care. Like at all. Stars and Straps was gay shit, btw. I'm tired of seeing that goddamned shirt everywhere.

-XaxX-
09-20-2008, 06:05 PM
^truth

zerochick
09-21-2008, 05:09 AM
That sucks.
He's a pretty good drummer too, not amazing by any means, but definitely not mediocre.
I hope he's alright, and it sucks for the other people too. Damn shame.

Turboz
09-21-2008, 06:19 AM
I don't care. Like at all. Stars and Straps was gay shit, btw. I'm tired of seeing that goddamned shirt everywhere.yes.

Zeroskater11
09-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I wanna see what he looks like now. Theres this kid in my school that's burned 95% of his body, I wonder if he looks anything like him.

TheLeavingSongPt.2
09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Stars and straps are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo popular at my school.
I feel more sorry for the pilots because they died.

g00Db0y8
09-21-2008, 08:16 PM
im sure he just wouldnt have enuff money to get it redone after his skin grows back lol, sad, but i do hate him, im not saying he should have died or whatever, but if i cant believe noone has realized this yet

rock n roll and planes dont mix, buddy holly, skynyd, right now im drawin a blank, but theres a shit load more that died or almost died, and now them(even thoe i hate them)

randy rhodes