PDA

View Full Version : I love this symphony

Tony
09-15-2008, 07:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAOTCtW9v0M

And am hoping there are some members liking classical pieces.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-15-2008, 09:22 AM
classical is the shit. Anyone who dislikes it or writes it off is truly a fuckin idiot.

baker_skater
09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I've liked this symphony since I first heard it in A Clockwork Orange when I was 10 or 11.

omg its moose
09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
lol this comes with windows XP

DomPy
09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
i'm a bigger fan of his 5th, but isn't everyone?

Tony
09-16-2008, 03:35 AM
i'm a bigger fan of his 5th, but isn't everyone?

Not exactly, I really like this one more. Second comes moonlight sonata.

ChrystalMeth
09-16-2008, 03:45 AM
same here, and i can play moonlight sonata on piano aswell.
i love Chopin and Liszt too <3

shiny_nickel
09-16-2008, 05:13 AM
lol this comes with windows XP

thats what i was thinking.
haha :P

honestly, i couldnt listen to the whole thing through.
truly to each their own, and if thats what you listen to for enjoyment, then damn we're different people.

Tony
09-16-2008, 05:35 AM
truly to each their own, and if thats what you listen to for enjoyment, then damn we're different people.

I listen music to like... Let's just say I listen to a lot of different music, my taste in music is so big I can't elaborate.

shiny_nickel
09-16-2008, 06:07 AM
I listen music to like... Let's just say I listen to a lot of different music, my taste in music is so big I can't elaborate.

that was a really confusing way to put it, but im assuming you mean you listen to music to appreciate it?

Tony
09-16-2008, 06:09 AM
that was a really confusing way to put it, but im assuming you mean you listen to music to appreciate it?

Lol my original post was meant to say that my music taste varies a lot.

I also listen music to enjoy and I appreciate it too, everyone's happy. :-/

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
09-16-2008, 07:58 AM
thats what i was thinking.
haha :P

I respect your opinion. But damn, open your mind a bit. I am guessing you listen to music just to hear it, and your interpretation is based on the lyrics.
I can't blame you because I do that too, but the great thing about classical is that you're not given a specific vibe, emotion, or message. You're free to create your own meaning, feelings, stories and interpretation. Not to mention the music has so much variety in just one song.

I hate that classical is damned as "music for old rich white people". Seriously, smoke some great-ass pot and sit down and listen to some classical music hella loud and involve your mind into the music. Depending on if your mind is mature enough to grasp it, it'll be single handedly the best mental experience ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZgpNXo4iuI

Roboman
09-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Vivaldi and Tchaikovsky are my most listened to. Theres not many sorts of music that can match the dynamics and pure emotion of some of the classical stuff. You really can't beat the skill of the songwriting on most cases, really inricate. A lot of newer orchestral I like aswell, particularly purpose made pieces, like for movies. Just to see how they tried to capture feelings and situations just with music.

I guess thats why I like a lot of the more epic styled post-rock bands, similar use of flowing lines and a certain amount of indistinction between the separate elemets in the pieces. I don't mean to compare the two all that much though, classical is on a whole nother level.

EnjoiRider25
09-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Classical is the shit. My uncle liked it, so I heard it a lot when I was young, still dig it too.

shiny_nickel
09-17-2008, 03:44 AM
I respect your opinion. But damn, open your mind a bit. I am guessing you listen to music just to hear it, and your interpretation is based on the lyrics.
I can't blame you because I do that too, but the great thing about classical is that you're not given a specific vibe, emotion, or message. You're free to create your own meaning, feelings, stories and interpretation. Not to mention the music has so much variety in just one song.

I hate that classical is damned as "music for old rich white people". Seriously, smoke some great-ass pot and sit down and listen to some classical music hella loud and involve your mind into the music. Depending on if your mind is mature enough to grasp it, it'll be single handedly the best mental experience ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZgpNXo4iuI

i dunno, its weird, i dont think im that un-matured that i cant grasp the greatness of less obvious music material. I mean, i love polyrythmic metal above anything, and cant think of anything else id rather listen to while baked out of my mind which until i looked into it, never recognized the skill it would take to be able to play and perform etc. But classical just doesnt involve me or get me really interested, then again maybe i just need to chop up and listen to it properly, or maybe im not really mature enough but whatever. sometimes id rather just listen to music to enjoy what i hear, rather than to really look into it and stuff, its more of a relaxation or mood stimulant thing for me.

Marevix
09-18-2008, 05:02 PM
i dunno, its weird, i dont think im that un-matured that i cant grasp the greatness of less obvious music material. I mean, i love polyrythmic metal above anything, and cant think of anything else id rather listen to while baked out of my mind which until i looked into it, never recognized the skill it would take to be able to play and perform etc. But classical just doesnt involve me or get me really interested, then again maybe i just need to chop up and listen to it properly, or maybe im not really mature enough but whatever. sometimes id rather just listen to music to enjoy what i hear, rather than to really look into it and stuff, its more of a relaxation or mood stimulant thing for me.

I found myself appreciating classical music much more after I became a musician. Few forms of muic can combine technical excellence with the same melodic content and expression. Try looking in classically influnced metal - Kalmah, early Children of Bodom, Warmen and other music in their vein are a sort of bridge between the two styles.

Tony
09-19-2008, 02:44 AM
I like it how early CoB really sounds... Well, classical. It does have neo-classical shred.

But really talking about virtuosos hundrerds of years ago, we've been listening to symphonies from the middle age of music and from different time regions like wien-classic (dunno how to translate to english), and the trumpet and violin sections can be fucking hard! Even I'd have hard time to play them note for note on the guitar, they're that hard.

zerochick
09-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Pifft! Valvadi is the shit.
Beethoven is aight.

I had to listen to just about every fucking composer from the Baroque period to the 1900's last year...so I've heard more arias, symphonies, quartets and chants than you can shake a stick at. You want some crazy shit? Listen to some Gregorian chants...that'll put you in a trance.