intensity. Most of the bands form this scene were on Gravity Records, and
pure chaos. Antioch Arrow best demonstrated this, often having haphazard
instrumentation, but intensifying the vocals. This scene soon influenced the
modern wave of emotional hardcore, often called "screamo." Midwest Scene:
While the San Diego was energizing the emo scene, bands emerging from the
Midwest took a more laid back approach. You could tell they were influenced
by more than just the emo scene. The vocals were still emotional, but not
nearly as screamy. The music was much quieter instead of the raging twin
guitars. The midwest scene was more of a blend between emo and indie. (by deadohiosky9)
A Day in Black and White
Antioch Arrow
Allure
Amanda Woodward
Amber Inn
Angel Hair
Black Castle
City Of Catipillar
Clikitat Ikatow
Dag Nasty
Daïtro
Die, Emperor Die!
Evergreen
Floor of Red
Heroin
The Holiday Plan
Hot Cross
Hot Water Music
Idian Summer
Julia
The Kite Flying Society
Kodan Armada
Love...like Electrocution
Lumber
Mohinder
Moss Icon
Neil Perry
Raen
Rites of Spring
Saetia
The Sea, The Sea
Shroomunion
Small Brown Bike
Toru Okada
When We Fall
You and I
The VSS

PoolShark
12-14-2005, 06:59 PM
emo was bands such as embrace,rites of srping,fugazi,herion and bands like that but in the 90s meaning changed and newer emo bands are dashboard confessional,saves the day,bright eyes and so on .....if you dont wanna piss people off call the new style of emo "post-emo"

fatal hussein
12-14-2005, 07:05 PM
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/emo%20emu%20jared%20hindman.jpg

aussiestreetskater
12-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Emo = gay

Authroity25
12-15-2005, 11:07 PM
emois like a new trend amongst americans, yet there are some good underground emo band(anything underground can be bacsically good), but im not too sure on wearing my sister pants.

Margera
12-16-2005, 12:00 AM
emo is basically a fag that likes kissing boys if ur a boy.. n wears tight close n slits wrists wears black.. wishs they were dead

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
12-16-2005, 01:05 AM
emo is basically a fag that likes kissing boys if ur a boy.. n wears tight close n slits wrists wears black.. wishs they were dead

Wow, dumb x2

*Runs you over*

10 points!

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
12-16-2005, 05:16 AM
Emo formally known as emotional hardcore is now what we might aswell call in its 3rd wave. Its become more pop punk bands with sad lyrics thats are labeled as emo. Liebherk gave the best stuff.

Oatenshiro
12-16-2005, 05:27 AM
emo is a type of music always thought to involve the scene "wrist slitting" wich i have found to be untrue. Ive met tons of people who slit their wrists... retarded in my oppinion.... but only one or 2 of them listened to emo.. the rest of the cutters were for metal and hard core rock.... anywayz emo is short for emotional.. simple as that... just a type of rock that takes it to the next level

Vivica
12-16-2005, 05:31 AM
basicly, everybody shut the fuck up saying you know what emo is unless you are myself, underground network, liebherk, dnb&dub, Klausfloride, or actually know what the fuck you're talking about... we've had too much shit on this forum about that genre already.

However... Mr.Network, third wave? i guess if you count modern "emo" bands and the screEMO style emo bands as two waves it would make sense... but what are you saying the three waves are?

Oatenshiro
12-16-2005, 05:36 AM
lol "ev1 shut the fuck up but me" ok im starting to beleive emo is for wrist cutters now :P

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
12-16-2005, 05:44 AM
Well I got this idea from someone else . Like the begining was the first wave of course, then when bands like Jawbreaker were getting big I think back in the 90s was second wave. And now its 3rd wave. Its just easier for me to say 3rd wave bands suck so I do it like that.

FG Haze
12-16-2005, 05:47 AM
emos are losers, im stickin with skater lol, they just suicidal weirdos who dont know good music when they hear it, thats my opinion.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
12-16-2005, 05:49 AM
emos are losers, im stickin with skater lol, they just suicidal weirdos who dont know good music when they hear it, thats my opinion.
And you are an idiot. Learn about a genre before dissing it. Or just maybe read the posts in front of you before posting so you realise that the subject has already been takin care of.

Vivica
12-16-2005, 05:59 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA, if i didn't have a soar throat i would have laughed out loud, i really would.

system_of_a_down_rocks
12-16-2005, 06:00 AM
http://emosong.ytmnd.com

just wait for the song to play. its great

SnowmaN
12-16-2005, 06:04 AM

hahaahahaha so true...

PoolShark
12-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Well I got this idea from someone else . Like the begining was the first wave of course, then when bands like Jawbreaker were getting big I think back in the 90s was second wave. And now its 3rd wave. Its just easier for me to say 3rd wave bands suck so I do it like that.
1st wave-embrace,rites of spring,Angel Hair,Heroin,Husker Du,Fugazi(sorta)
2nd wave-The Get Up Kids,Ataris,Jawbreaker
3rd wave-Dashboard Confessional,Thursday so on

bandikid
12-16-2005, 09:35 AM
I like some emo music, but I hate the whole dress weird and stuff fad

Vivica
12-16-2005, 09:37 AM
1st wave-embrace,rites of spring,Angel Hair,Heroin,Husker Du,Fugazi(sorta)
2nd wave-The Get Up Kids,Ataris,Jawbreaker
3rd wave-Dashboard Confessional,Thursday so on

makes sense to me, i don't agree about the Ataris, but hey, you seem to know your ***** word.

bandikid
12-16-2005, 09:40 AM
sunny day real estate

liebherk
12-16-2005, 10:08 AM
I've heard jimmy eat world and weezer described as emo...

I guess they'd fit into 2nd wave?

Vivica
12-16-2005, 10:24 AM
to be honest, neither the ataris, jimmy eat world, or weezer fit into emo of any king in my book!

bandikid
12-16-2005, 10:53 AM
I've heard jimmy eat world and weezer described as emo...

I guess they'd fit into 2nd wave?
No.......lol

p
12-16-2005, 09:36 PM
to be honest, neither the ataris, jimmy eat world, or weezer fit into emo of any king in my book!
mine either. weezer is one of my favorite bands. they are so awesome.

liebherk
12-19-2005, 10:03 PM
what about Brand New? 2nd wave?

Fuct
12-20-2005, 12:21 AM

it's sealed, i hate you. note i don't listen to emo music.

PoolShark
12-20-2005, 10:01 AM
what about Brand New? 2nd wave?
3rd wave but they are hella good

PoolShark
12-20-2005, 10:09 AM
wait why the hell is this a sticky?

liebherk
12-20-2005, 10:29 AM
because "what is emo" seems to be a pretty popular topic.

timorousme
12-20-2005, 12:41 PM
basicly, everybody shut the fuck up saying you know what emo is unless you are myself, underground network, liebherk, dnb&dub, Klausfloride, or actually know what the fuck you're talking about... we've had too much shit on this forum about that genre already.

However... Mr.Network, third wave? i guess if you count modern "emo" bands and the screEMO style emo bands as two waves it would make sense... but what are you saying the three waves are?

Mr. Network is right, Viv. I posted this in the "Band List" thread a while ago, but nobody ever listens to me, so I'm going to post it again.

Everybody argues about what emo is, yelling that bands like Taking Back Sunday and My Chemical Romance aren't emo... Well, I still hold strong on this, and have done research to back myself up when I say those people are wrong wrong wrong.

As Underground Network mentioned in the "Band List" thread with ska, ska lost popularity and then came back in new forms like two-tone (second wave) and ska-punk (third wave). Emo is the same way. Emo started like Underground described it with bands like Rites of Spring and Grey Matter, and then kind of lost itself, it came back in a second wave in 1994 with bands like Boy's Life and Cap'n Jazz, then in about 2000, emo came in a third wave with bands like Taking Back Sunday, The Starting Line, and My Chemical Romance.

So quit bitching about it. Like ska, emo has changed and is now what you hear on the radio and what most people call "emo."

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
12-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Mr. Network is right, Viv. I posted this in the "Band List" thread a while ago, but nobody ever listens to me, so I'm going to post it again.

Everybody argues about what emo is, yelling that bands like Taking Back Sunday and My Chemical Romance aren't emo... Well, I still hold strong on this, and have done research to back myself up when I say those people are wrong wrong wrong.

As Underground Network mentioned in the "Band List" thread with ska, ska lost popularity and then came back in new forms like two-tone (second wave) and ska-punk (third wave). Emo is the same way. Emo started like Underground described it with bands like Rites of Spring and Grey Matter, and then kind of lost itself, it came back in a second wave in 1994 with bands like Boy's Life and Cap'n Jazz, then in about 2000, emo came in a third wave with bands like Taking Back Sunday, The Starting Line, and My Chemical Romance.

So quit bitching about it. Like ska, emo has changed and is now what you hear on the radio and what most people call "emo."

God damn right. I feel so special.

skate4life1
12-20-2005, 01:00 PM

hahahaha.i died laughing.

fat_poser
12-20-2005, 02:19 PM
1st wave emo was respectable

dcskater516
12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
I dont listen to much emo, but a couple of my favorite bands are.

Rites of Spring
Gray Matter
Fugazi
Embrace
Dag Nasty

I dunno, im really into the 80's dc scene.

jason voorhees
12-21-2005, 01:07 PM
http://emosong.ytmnd.com

just wait for the song to play. its great
here is the video for that

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=14388

godblessemerica
12-21-2005, 03:05 PM
im too busy listening to punk to know what emo bands are

matt-sk8r
12-21-2005, 04:53 PM
lol haha emo=total fag, i hate emo to the extreme

rweyland
12-22-2005, 05:48 PM
emois like a new trend amongst americans, yet there are some good underground emo band(anything underground can be bacsically good), but im not too sure on wearing my sister pants.
I'd say emo is more like a disease not a trend.

Buy-A-Baker
12-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Would hawthorne be considered EMO?

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
12-23-2005, 06:32 PM
You can consider them to be Horrible. Thats the best way to categorize such a bad band as them.

Habitat0972
12-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Basically people with hair thats grown out over there ears and eyes. They want to kill themselves and are Anti christ. They listen to the heaviest metal ever created. Kind of like System of a down I think? W/e basically those goths you see in hot topic.

timorousme
12-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Basically people with hair thats grown out over there ears and eyes. They want to kill themselves and are Anti christ. They listen to the heaviest metal ever created. Kind of like System of a down I think? W/e basically those goths you see in hot topic.

Or maybe those goths could be um... goths...

bloc head
12-24-2005, 07:45 AM
emos are little gay people who dont shave yet and have to cry to get attition from people like little bitches

ANTI-HERO92
12-24-2005, 12:08 PM

Dude the whole tight pants thing started from early punk bands

xXxDoNtApOloGiZe
12-26-2005, 06:37 PM
people stereotype emo too much. i listen to emo bands but i don't cut my wrist and complain about my life to everyone i meet. people that cut their wrist and "hate their lives" usually just want attention, especially if they are sharing it with everyone. they feel just feel sorry for themselves.

spanky_dan
12-27-2005, 02:56 AM
i have let it burn and end is forever by the ataris and the kris and the guys look normal on those, just like chilled out punk clothes and stuff. and recently i went into sanity (a music shop) and i saw their new live dvd they brought out and on the back cover its got pictures of them playing and they have like black clothes and eyeliner on so i think recently they have turned kinda emo, which sucks cos emos are gay.

hesh not fresh
12-27-2005, 07:48 PM
www.emogame.com
ah, such fun.
i wear womens pants, kids.
guess i'm a fag.

burnyourfriends
12-27-2005, 08:32 PM
lol

burnyourfriends
12-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Ok what people gotta get through their heads, is that emo isn't wearing tight pants and cutting yourself and being sad. Emo was about making your songs on a personal level (at the very start). I agree witht he whole wave thing. Another thing is that all the wearing girls pants and eye liner is some dumb fad made up by a bunch of bands and followed by fans. It is not what emo is. it was kind of adopted, and now people just naturally interpret that as emo. also all the cutting your wrists stuff is some bullshit stereotype made by jocks or w.e. Oh yeah and did hardcore also come out of emo? I didn't htink so but wasn't sure.

Sk8FreakRT
12-28-2005, 10:37 PM
an emo person is someone who expresses their emotions by what they wear
Ex.
All Black = depressed
etc...

The whole cutting wrists thing and pulling out hair is just a stereotype.
Emo music on the other hand is just music that expresses the singers inner most emotions, so how in the hell would weezer (on the first page i saw) be considered emo..lmao..ive heard ppl call fall out boy emo...i was like WTF?!!

burnyourfriends
12-29-2005, 09:52 PM
emo is bring your personal life into music. which often depicts emotions, but not necessarily all the time. sometime it can teach morals or life lessons or idk.

asianguy1
12-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Well, now that I know what emo is. And what kind of bands that are emo. I can confidently say I hate emo. I would rather stick with my korn, SOAD, slayer, lamb of god, and rob zombie. Go ahead flame all you want. But if one of you says that some of bands that I listed are emo well then I would have to declare you boarderline retarded.

Username
12-31-2005, 10:52 PM
would Against Me be 3rd wave?

probedbyalienworkshop
01-03-2006, 11:47 AM
uum emo kids are sissies and they like men muahahaha stupid emo teens

Blindskater444
01-03-2006, 11:56 AM
bacicly emu means u hate yourself , the world , or/and some part how the world is . like good charlette is an emo band i know 50 people are about to disagree

but that kind of band

skate rat
01-03-2006, 05:56 PM
someone else post. its fun to watch u guys argue about this.

burnyourfriends
01-05-2006, 03:28 PM
emo is bringing personal life into music. 50 cent can be considered emo because he talks about his old drug dealing days. aka personal life aka emo. but no he is gangster lol. there is this stereotype about emo. emo bands arents sissies. they just express htemselves through music. and emo is not an adjective but a fucking genre. another hting is for whoever said emo is mad at the world well that basically hwat punk music is. fuck the government fuck you fuck everyone. in yo face biatch

go team ramrod
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
i noticed this thread today. i can safely say that i would rather have my nuts stretched across a table and smashed with a hammer than listen to that shit. whoever listens to emo can vacuume the turds out of my ass using their mouth. fucking boner master master chode lord of the cock master taint fuckers.

timorousme
01-06-2006, 08:43 PM
i noticed this thread today. i can safely say that i would rather have my nuts stretched across a table and smashed with a hammer than listen to that shit. whoever listens to emo can vacuume the turds out of my ass using their mouth. fucking boner master master chode lord of the cock master taint fuckers.

1. Why do you want people to suck the turds from your ass? That's just odd.

2. How do you fuck a taint?

go team ramrod
01-07-2006, 05:16 PM
timour you are OBVIOUSLY a dumbass. a taint is a penis. so to fuck a taint you would have to have sex with a penis. But i bet you already knew that because you suck cock so much. fucking turd spelunker

timorousme
01-07-2006, 08:14 PM
timour you are OBVIOUSLY a dumbass. a taint is a penis. so to fuck a taint you would have to have sex with a penis. But i bet you already knew that because you suck cock so much. fucking turd spelunker

No, a taint is the skin between your balls and your ass. Retard.

go team ramrod
01-08-2006, 07:57 AM
not in america ass magnet

timorousme
01-08-2006, 07:17 PM
not in america ass magnet

I'm American...

Girl eS Skater
01-08-2006, 07:23 PM
eople are kinda done, even though i have had black hair, i AM FAR FROM EMO! cutting yourslef is for losers, skate instead!! lol

Girl eS Skater
01-08-2006, 07:23 PM
emo peopl eprolly say COL in stead of LOL (cry out loud)

diStilleR6
01-13-2006, 06:50 PM
yeah... emo is short for emotional... and theres like different variatons of emo... such as screamo, pop-punk... screamo bands are like Hawthorne Heights and A Static Lullaby... pop-punk is more what i listen to... like Alkaline Trio, Bayside, Hot Water Music... stuff like that... just plain out emo bands are like Dashboard Confessional snd Taking Back Sunday(who i actually like alot)...
and please... stop dissing emo..

dutch madman
01-14-2006, 04:22 AM
didn't read the whole thread, so it may have been said before..

there are many people that hate emo for the emotional lyrics, but ALMOST EVERY FUCKING SONG has an emotional meaning, hell, if you see it that way, metallica is emo, lyric wise, and if you don't believe me, listen to Fade to black, nothing else matters, or my friend of misery, for example

all in all, i'm talking shit here perhaps, but i'm sick and tired of all this bitching about emo, a song without emotion is almost impossible, and if you think it is possible, prove me wrong here

sk8bum77
01-14-2006, 08:12 AM
i will agree that a lot of modern, or i suppose we noe call '3rd wave' emo does suck, but bands like matchbook romance, the academy is, and hidden in plain view are damn good. and as far as the whole girls pants thing, hey i waer girl pants. you know why? cuz i dont want to spend 50 bucks on a pair of kr3w andrew reynolds pants, and other 'slim' guys pants arent tight on me. its not like i wear chicks pants cuz im teh hardcor3 emo. so big fuckin deal. anything wrong with tight pants? no. i mean dear god half of the pro skaters now wear tight pants, so i dont think we can really bitch about that. so who really cares whether the label says mens or womens? theyre just pants, and theyre tight. quitcha bitchin.

timorousme
01-14-2006, 08:33 AM
i will agree that a lot of modern, or i suppose we noe call '3rd wave' emo does suck, but bands like matchbook romance, the academy is, and hidden in plain view are damn good. and as far as the whole girls pants thing, hey i waer girl pants. you know why? cuz i dont want to spend 50 bucks on a pair of kr3w andrew reynolds pants, and other 'slim' guys pants arent tight on me. its not like i wear chicks pants cuz im teh hardcor3 emo. so big fuckin deal. anything wrong with tight pants? no. i mean dear god half of the pro skaters now wear tight pants, so i dont think we can really bitch about that. so who really cares whether the label says mens or womens? theyre just pants, and theyre tight. quitcha bitchin.

Get some cheap Levi's. They have some drainpipe style pants.

sk8bum77
01-14-2006, 08:52 AM
nah dude i do get levis, liek i went to a levis superstore place, but none of the guys pants fit very will, so i grabbed some chick pants, couldnt be happier. and haha im skinnier than some of my girl friends too, like a 1 or a 3.

dluebke
01-15-2006, 04:50 PM
wow u tiny

eatthesun894
01-15-2006, 05:37 PM
thats called a gay goth you fuck

GetThunderStruck
01-15-2006, 07:21 PM
http://www.fourfa.com/index.html

a very informative site, since the majority of kids, as the site says, have a horribly distorted idea of what real emo is, including myself.

I'll admit, until now, I used to think emo was all "oh, i hate my life" and "i'm gonna slit my wrist"

but turns out, it isnt like that, at all.

I think bands like Hawthorne Heights and My Chemical Romance give off the wrong image to kids, like me, who automatically htink what is mainstream- is all that there is, but as it has been said- true emo is moreso underground.

baker skater 123
01-15-2006, 07:45 PM
well........... wat i wanted to say is that if u wear tight pants u r not an emo alot of pro skaters wear tight pants and they arnt emo now r they? and i wear tight pants and i get called a emo and it pisses me off bcuz im not.....

Black&White
01-18-2006, 09:23 PM
ugh emo isent All bad alot of bands that you like are somewhat emo any genre can be emo its all i the lyrics if the lyircs are emotional then u can consider it emo weezer has some emo(tional) songs and not all bands liuke evergreen terrace are emo evergreen isent even emo ........

timorousme
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
ugh emo isent All bad alot of bands that you like are somewhat emo any genre can be emo its all i the lyrics if the lyircs are emotional then u can consider it emo weezer has some emo(tional) songs and not all bands liuke evergreen terrace are emo evergreen isent even emo ........

English please...

Oh, and Weezer is second wave emo.

xPINKZx
01-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Wow, dumb x2

*Runs you over*

10 points!
hahahah finally my laugh for the morning now im goin skating goodbye

antihero
01-23-2006, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE=Renegade]im not stupid i just dont know what type of bands are emo[/QUOTE
if your gay and you listen to it, then its emo

NY_sk8er_chick_blackrose
01-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Emo = gay

WE ARE NOT GAY PPL SHUT YOUR EFFING MOUTH ASS HOLE!!!!:-{

PulseOfTheMaggots
01-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Is A7x (avenged sevenfold) emo?

Thisucksobad
01-23-2006, 04:32 PM
i hope not cause i love them.

sk8bum77
01-23-2006, 04:41 PM
i hope not cause i love them.

ok if your worried about what bands are/are not emo, and listen to a band based on its emo/not emo reputation, you are one of the many people who will be denied a reproduction liscence when i take over everything. closeminded fucks dont deserve to procreate, sorry. But FYI, hardly anybody will classify A7X as emo. And they do kick ass. but who gives a shit if people think theyre emo? if you like it, LISTEN TO IT.

SktRoc4
01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
i am not dissing emo in any way shape or form, i jsut dont get it. who came up with the idea "hey lets wear our sisters pants and grow our hair out to cover our face!!" i just dont understand it. and another thing i dont get, (idk if this is a rumor or wut but its wut ive heard) wut is it with guy emos kissing other guy emos?? i jsut dont understand it.

sk8bum77
01-23-2006, 07:51 PM
i am not dissing emo in any way shape or form, i jsut dont get it. who came up with the idea "hey lets wear our sisters pants and grow our hair out to cover our face!!" i just dont understand it. and another thing i dont get, (idk if this is a rumor or wut but its wut ive heard) wut is it with guy emos kissing other guy emos?? i jsut dont understand it.

who knows? well actually, someone around here probably does. But its like, i dont understand $80 pre-ripped hollister jeans. I dont understand short spiky blonde-dyed hair. i dont understand striped polos. I dont understand 'collar poppin'. Its all opinion. At this point in my life, i wouldnt even consider buying pre-ripped jeans for 80 bucks. But i wont hesitate to buy some girls pants, or steal from my friends lil sister (im an only child). Of course, as ive said before, i only wear girl jeans cuz i want the tight pants look, without the $50 kr3w pricetag. As far as guys kissing guys, its all for show, which is stupid. It either to impress the emo girls, or to hold them over because girls are sick of their whining. Bi-sexuality is not a real sexual preferance, one of the sexes is just for a lil extra excitement.

fat_poser
01-27-2006, 05:20 AM
avenged sevenfold is emo as fuck

igotgks
01-28-2006, 05:38 AM
would u consider hawthorne hieghts emo

sk8bum77
01-28-2006, 10:32 AM
would u consider hawthorne hieghts emo

hahahaha YES, i forget which one, but they have an entire song about cutting yourself, so in the popular sense of the term, theyre emo. i guess wed call them third-wave?

gunsnroses
02-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Emo is something that people (especially adults) tend to get mixed up with goth.

david
02-02-2006, 12:57 PM
I hate emo gayest thing ever

King_of_sting
02-03-2006, 04:51 PM
emo=sweet im a emo and life sucks i cut myself day and night for the rush of blood:-\

King_of_sting
02-04-2006, 01:37 PM
fuck fuck fuck you you you you

THELADYSUSIE
02-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

Punk music on estrogen. Often acoustic guitar with soft, high male vocals that dwell exessively on the singer's feelings, especially melancholy remembrances of past relationships/mistakes in life. A form of music that diverged from punk in the '80s, the name "emo" is derived from the emotive style of the lyrics and music. This genre has lately been marketed heavily by the music industry to teenagers with bands such as Dashboard Confessional and Taking Back Sunday, and has seen much commercial and mainstream success. The music has also spawned a subculture which conforms to certain conventions in dress such as tight sweatshirts, tight band T-shirts and horn-rim glasses. Adherents profess to exessively melancholy temperments. Males that adhere to the emo subculture are sometimes confused with metrosexuals; indeed the line between the two is somwhat blurred, though both groups claim to be intouch with their emotional side. The ephemeral and hackneyed nature of emo songwriting suggests that its audience will be restricted largely to teenagers. the genre suffers from a lack of credibility outside the aforementioned demographic group, much like current Nu Metal bands.

credit to urbandictionary.com

Cazstyles
02-17-2006, 02:07 AM
Emo is shit like the used, and simple plan good charlotte etc all that gay crap.
Emos are fags. they kiss each other.
how gay.

nefarious
02-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Emo is shit like the used, and simple plan good charlotte etc all that gay crap.
how gay.
Lot's of people kiss each other dickwhole.

Cazstyles
02-17-2006, 02:11 AM
WE ARE NOT GAY PPL SHUT YOUR EFFING MOUTH ASS HOLE!!!!:-{
You Shut Your Gay Emo hole u faggy emo buttlick go bum some cats

Cazstyles
02-17-2006, 02:12 AM
lol good point.
i meant guys lolz

nefarious
02-17-2006, 02:14 AM
lol good point.
i meant guys lolz
I got carreid away with the "dickwhole" remark..

CHUM
02-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Rites of Spring said to not call Fall Out Boy, MCR, The Used, etc. emo because it is insulting to Rites. : )

CHUM
02-17-2006, 01:14 PM

well you sure are ignorant, arnt you?

The One Who Once Was
02-17-2006, 01:15 PM
well you sure are ignorant, arnt you?

OMG IT'S CHUM!

biff_corp
02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
how gay.

Define emo smartass.

sobe_skate
02-17-2006, 02:11 PM
emo=goth but sadder

sobe_skate
02-17-2006, 02:11 PM
emo=goth but sadder

sk8bum77
02-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Rites of Spring said to not call Fall Out Boy, MCR, The Used, etc. emo because it is insulting to Rites. : )

fully agreed. I say everyone reads the wikipedia article on emo, and we use the words emo, screamo, hardcore for what they REALLY mean, not these new waves of each. Of course, then we have to decide what genre to call what is popularly emo, screamo, or hardcore.
people call fall out boy emo, what is it really? pop-punk?
Underoath is called screamo, but its really post-hardcore.
Norma Jean, trivium, unearth, all called hardcore, i think the right genre is metalcore. So yeah lets boycott using indescript genre labels for half of all current music, ok?

Baker62
02-19-2006, 04:37 PM
emos are faget goths who cut there wrists and arms.

damo
02-22-2006, 05:04 AM
what exactly is emo? it is a way of life whereby you dress and act like you don't want to live... i heard if you are a guy and you go emo, you have more chance of picking up... guys! leave em to it... fags

nefarious
02-22-2006, 05:10 AM
How do people get emo and goth mixed together?

damo
02-22-2006, 05:15 AM
from wikipedia:

'Though the original emo scenes were not exclusionary, the modern "emo" scene has developed into a "gay friendly" scene. Though it's unclear whether it's related to the diminished "macho" elements of emo music or the "gay friendly" nature of the scene, it has become commonplace for detractors to use "emo" in combination with popular gay slurs, such as "emo fag".'

there u have it. proof that emo = gay

sk8bum77
02-22-2006, 01:24 PM
from wikipedia:

'Though the original emo scenes were not exclusionary, the modern "emo" scene has developed into a "gay friendly" scene. Though it's unclear whether it's related to the diminished "macho" elements of emo music or the "gay friendly" nature of the scene, it has become commonplace for detractors to use "emo" in combination with popular gay slurs, such as "emo fag".'

o of course, just because something is popular, it MUST be fact, right? like the whole 'world being flat' thing of long ago. Its like saying a lot of people that dont like baseball call baseball players roiders, yeah it must be true.Shut the fuck up and grow a brain.

damo
02-22-2006, 06:22 PM
o of course, just because something is popular, it MUST be fact, right? like the whole 'world being flat' thing of long ago. Its like saying a lot of people that dont like baseball call baseball players roiders, yeah it must be true.Shut the fuck up and grow a brain.

haha

Cazstyles
02-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Define emo smartass.
i did, their fags.:toung:

Iggy Van Zandt
02-25-2006, 10:15 AM

You are an idiot. The slim fit pants were started by skate punks because of how they look and that it is rather easy to skate in them as apposed to baggy pants. The sliting of wrists is not emo you moron, that's a psychological problem that needs to be addressed by therapy or sometimes a good smack upside the head. Black clothing belongs to just about every music genre. You are an ignorant bastard. Furthermore, homosexuality has nothing to do with emo. Perhaps you should think before you speak, or even think at all, it would be a marked improvement.

Iggy Van Zandt
02-25-2006, 10:19 AM
from wikipedia:

You are an absolute moron, did you know that? You are aware that Wikipidia is the most unreliable sorce of information on the internet right? You know that it is a bunch of random information posted by random people and never checked? Somebody needs to get this brat a brain.

Iggy Van Zandt
02-25-2006, 10:22 AM
i did, their fags.:toung:

You are too stupid to be worthy of a decent counter-argument. I hope someone uses your scrotum as a pincusion.

Iggy Van Zandt
02-25-2006, 10:25 AM
emos are faget goths who cut there wrists and arms.
Hey genius, GOTHIC IS A STYLE OF WRITING FROM THE FOURTEENTH CENTURY. Emo is a genre of music not a type of people. People are not genres you moron.

timorousme
02-25-2006, 10:45 AM
You are an absolute moron, did you know that? You are aware that Wikipidia is the most unreliable sorce of information on the internet right? You know that it is a bunch of random information posted by random people and never checked? Somebody needs to get this brat a brain.

Actually, Wikipedia is reliable and is checked and updated often. I remember there was a thing about the Beatles being homosexuals and was removed about five minutes after it was posted. I use Wikipedia often.

And being "gay friendly" and being "gay" are two different things. The part of the article wasn't saying "All emo people are gay" it was saying that the emo scene is known to be open to the gay community and is often stereotyped because of the large amounts of gay people in the scene.

SkateElemental
02-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Emo people are idiots who cut themselves because they hate their life.

Iggy Van Zandt
02-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Actually, Wikipedia is reliable and is checked and updated often. I remember there was a thing about the Beatles being homosexuals and was removed about five minutes after it was posted. I use Wikipedia often.

And being "gay friendly" and being "gay" are two different things. The part of the article wasn't saying "All emo people are gay" it was saying that the emo scene is known to be open to the gay community and is often stereotyped because of the large amounts of gay people in the scene.

I do not know who you are, but you have my respect. I did not know that they infact did check it. See all you people, they knew I was wrong and politely corrected me, thank you.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
02-26-2006, 08:16 AM
I coulda swore we had emo defined by the 2nd or 3rd page yet some of you idiots still think your "cool" to say emo is just fags cutting themselves.

sk8bum77
02-26-2006, 11:18 AM
I coulda swore we had emo defined by the 2nd or 3rd page yet some of you idiots still think your "cool" to say emo is just fags cutting themselves.

Agreed.

IN SUMMARY, emo is indeed a style of music, but it is appproximately divided into 3 'waves', the first wave starting in DC in the early 80's. Look back a few pages for more details.

But hey go ahead and keep posting 'emo slurs', its fun to point out stupidity.

LC_0428
02-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Ah. Emo is emotional, and it often has sad, or weird suicide messages. Like MCR.

Cazstyles
02-26-2006, 11:45 PM
You are too stupid to be worthy of a decent counter-argument. I hope someone uses your scrotum as a pincusion.
Your'e To Stupid You Lost Your Viginty To a Bottle, You Butt-fucking Ass Lick
Your an so gay your an Emo
*-40 Points*
PSS today i bagged an emo today in class and she went bonkers
YOUR A N00B

timorousme
02-27-2006, 03:51 AM
Your'e To Stupid You Lost Your Viginty To a Bottle, You Butt-fucking Ass Lick
Your an so gay your an Emo
*-40 Points*
PSS today i bagged an emo today in class and she went bonkers
YOUR A N00B

First of all, he's been here longer than you, so calling him a noob is just stupid.

Second, that post was just bad. Learn how to type before you attempt to make bad insults.

PoolSk8r
02-27-2006, 03:58 PM
is simple plan, bowling for soup, good charlotte, emo?

chocolate skater
03-05-2006, 04:46 PM
You Are All Retarted For Argueing Over This

sk8bum77
03-05-2006, 05:51 PM
You Are All Retarted For Argueing Over This

Why? whats wrong with arguing?

Vivica
03-06-2006, 04:04 AM

No...

iceskater
03-06-2006, 05:18 AM
i hate emo

KGP-MON
03-06-2006, 05:23 AM
mcr, fall out boy , panic at the disco, hawkthorne heights.
All the bands I listen to but i am not one.
Hay how the hell does this thread don't get warned but mines does

dain84
03-07-2006, 04:06 PM
what is emo?
It's slang for "trendy."

Cold Shoulder
03-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Emo = gay
Emo=My Chemical Romance

Vivica
03-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Emo=My Chemical Romance

You're Wrong!!

You're all fucking wrong!

Except liebherk, PoolShark, and UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK.

www.fourfa.com

Everybody should go there, and learn what the fuck they're talking about before they post anything.

deepshadows
03-16-2006, 02:53 PM
You're Wrong!!

www.fourfa.com

Everybody should go there, and learn what the fuck they're talking about before they post anything.

I dont think my chemical romance is emo either. I HATE EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timorousme
03-16-2006, 03:18 PM
You're Wrong!!

www.fourfa.com

Am I wrong? Just out of curiosity.

Vivica
03-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't know, i'm hardly going to be bothered to check through an entire topic just to see if you know what you're on about am i?

Those listen are just people i remember knowing their shit.

nefarious
03-17-2006, 02:44 AM
im not stupid i just dont know what type of bands are emo
A trend

Airblaster
03-17-2006, 05:15 AM
I think this is very funny..am I emo for that?

kiddin'.

x Emerica x 51
03-18-2006, 09:49 PM
emo = awesome shit
underoath especially
fuck yeah

i am emo so i kno a whole bunch of emo bands

StReEt_SuRfEr
03-19-2006, 02:31 PM
who really gives a shit? apparently your not one if you dont know what it is.

damo
03-19-2006, 07:13 PM
someone delete this thread! it's pointless!!!

Camron Wozniak
03-19-2006, 07:17 PM

Wrong. It informs people.

Actually I think there should be a new sticky, with a link to fourfa in the first post...

Vivica?

why_worrie?
03-19-2006, 07:35 PM
what i think about emo (if you dont agree oh well):

emo is not crying about how people don't understand you and wearing you sisters pants and makeup. that is called a emo poser. it is about being EMOTIONAL. emotional doesnt mean that you are sad all the time, it just means that you can be really sad some times. but you can also be extremely happy sometimes too. Recently emo has turned into a bit of a fad, and thats too bad. i personally have no problem at all with emo kids, (real emo kids not posers who only listen to my chemical romance and who love harry potter.) but emo has turned some of my friends into something theyre not. hopefully this helped.

its not pointless, its off-topic dumb**** thats why its in the off topic section.

gunsnroses
03-20-2006, 02:28 PM
There isn't much I know about emo kids, all I know is that Emo is short for emotional and they listen to many different bands.

tity fighter
03-26-2006, 03:46 PM
emo is the act of bieng a hater who cuts themselves out of jealosy for normal people. EMOS can be seen in the new animated video steve irwins EMO ADVENTURE were he single handedly makes and emo smile by raping it. here is an image of one....:-(

That's Life
03-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Emo = gay

people can listen to what they want, dont judge people because of the music they listen to. i listen to alot of stuff. including emo.

it doesnt make me a wrist slitting, makeup wearing guy who awaits death.

(if this posts twice, its because my computer keeps spazzing)

That's Life
03-29-2006, 11:14 AM
no, theyre poser/pop/wannabe emo

Vivica
03-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Shut the fuck up, you're wrong, idiots.

dain84
03-29-2006, 11:24 AM
no, theyre poser/pop/wannabe emo
You're an idiot.
Simple Plan is pop.
Good Charlotte used to be pop-punk, now just pop.
Bowling for Soup is pop-punk and have no hint of emo in their music.

That's Life
03-29-2006, 11:30 AM
You're an idiot.
Simple Plan is pop.
Good Charlotte used to be pop-punk, now just pop.
Bowling for Soup is pop-punk and have no hint of emo in their music.
chill the hell out, damn.

i was just making fun of the bands, because they all BLOW

something_something
03-30-2006, 09:30 AM
my chemical romance is emo and the used gothic bands with there own style

sk8bum77
03-30-2006, 12:46 PM
my chemical romance is emo and the used gothic bands with there own style

yay another person who skipped the entire thread!

gnar kill
03-31-2006, 10:44 AM
emo is a type of music. idiot. this includes bands like taking back sunday and thursday.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-31-2006, 03:29 PM
If you honestly have nothing more to contribute the definitions of Emo we have presented then don't post in here. If you're just going to say "Emo is so gay. " or something along those lines don't post in here.

Cazstyles
04-06-2006, 03:21 AM
First of all, he's been here longer than you, so calling him a noob is just stupid.

Second, that post was just bad. Learn how to type before you attempt to make bad insults.
i was only bagging him coz he bagged me, and he only has 29 posts idiot head

matt jackson 2006
04-06-2006, 11:51 AM
there is no such thing as skater music. anyway emo isnt shit . i listened to emo rock and metal and i dont slit ma wrists. slitting wrists is for shitheads.i dont see why people think emo is so bad. whats wrong with it.

matt jackson 2006
04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
im never depressed

kickfliptocampfire
04-07-2006, 03:14 AM
i dont mind the music but people who slit there wrists n the hole black hiar flippy thing is just to far.. most of them do it for atention n havnt learnt to deal with the real world like most of us.... how many emo adults do u c ???? like nun coz they hav learnt to deal with it.. in my opinion people who cut there wrists n shit r retards n r just in it for attention n making ppl feel sorry for them..... any 1 heard the emo song lol its madd
so i hav cum to a conclusion that emos= pussys lol

kickfliptocampfire
04-07-2006, 03:18 AM
whoever sed simple plan is emo n good charlotte r like seriuosly gay... do u even no wat emo is ?? obviosly not

fender3
04-09-2006, 12:11 PM
emo means emotional. Hawthorne Heights, and underoath are emo.

EmoSkaterGirl
04-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Emo.. whats there to know?

Cazstyles
04-09-2006, 10:18 PM
yeah i was the one that simple plan and good charlotte are emo.
sorry i didnt know much about it until i researched after looking through this thread.
emo =
Hawthorne heights
underoath
My Chemical Romance
th used( a little)
and sp and gc are as gay as emo anyway

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
04-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Honestly we've established what emo is. Their really is no point in you telling us the same thing as the other 50 people did. Hell only about 3 of us gave any credible answers to it.

black label sk8er
04-10-2006, 07:31 PM

yeah... you dont have to be a fag to be emo or wear tight pants

black label sk8er
04-10-2006, 07:35 PM
im emo as shit and like i listen to all kinds of rock but rock and classical you dont have to listen to just emo to be emo and you dont really have to cut your wrists or what ever on your body to be emo its just basically you dont like someone or something or you just plain old hate the world and your lifeand you just want to die i mean for all i care you could just kill your self reading this

black label sk8er
04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Would hawthorne be considered EMO?

yes

black label sk8er
04-10-2006, 07:52 PM
im not stupid i just dont know what type of bands are emo

some of the people are stupid... including me i just re-read this he is asking what kind of bands are emo.. not what the definition is

some emo bands:
hawthorne heights
my chemical romance
the used
panic! at the disco
a day in the life
and others i dont feel like typing

oh and who ever said the used was kinda emo is a retart listen to "im fake" on the in love and death cd id like to hear you say they are kinda emo the beginning of the song is like RAHR IM GOING TO CUT MY WIRST UNTIL I DONT HAVE A WRIST ANY MORE!!!!!!!! GAAAHHHHHH!!!

EmoSkaterGirl
04-10-2006, 08:50 PM
you dont neccassarily have to cut your wrists to be emo. and you dont have to be emo to cut your wrists. thats just steriotypical stuff right there. emo is what you feel on the inside. it is also a type of music. it is not what you look like or what you wear.. that would be poserish. if you wanna wear something, then wear it. you dont have to wear it just because its ''emo'' and you want to try to be emo. people actually have real problems at home.

black label sk8er
04-11-2006, 06:04 PM
you dont neccassarily have to cut your wrists to be emo. and you dont have to be emo to cut your wrists. thats just steriotypical stuff right there. emo is what you feel on the inside. it is also a type of music. it is not what you look like or what you wear.. that would be poserish. if you wanna wear something, then wear it. you dont have to wear it just because its ''emo'' and you want to try to be emo. people actually have real problems at home.

yes exactly i have plenty of problems here at my house

EmoSkaterGirl
04-11-2006, 07:47 PM
errr. im sorry to hear that but i know exactly what you mean. i have problems too, ones you can only imagine.

PoolShark
04-11-2006, 08:16 PM
errr. im sorry to hear that but i know exactly what you mean. i have problems too, ones you can only imagine.
quit trying to be emo

PoolShark
04-11-2006, 08:23 PM
emo means emotional. Hawthorne Heights, and underoath are emo.
no they arent,they are pop punk trying to be scary, emo is fugazi,rites of spring,sunny day real estate,american football,mineral,appleseed cast,antioch arrow,braid,the promise ring the aniversary etc.the genre "emo" was invented in the mid 80s by rites of spring,and then in the late 90s when everybody was bored with nu-metal and boy bands i guess mtv got scared so they slapped the word "emo" on a bunch of pop rock/pop punk bands and paid them money to get stupid haircuts and act all tortured inside.the band jimmy eat world is said to have set off the trend, they used to be a true emo band but when changing their style and selling out, their sound changed, but the label "emo" stayed with them,confusing a bunch of people on what emo really is, causing a bunch of horny kids putting together bands and wearing girl jeans at a petty attempt to get laid

d-ville skater
04-12-2006, 12:09 AM
ok ppl emo doesnt mean emo as in the character emo. emo music is all about expressing urself in a way u cudnt by just fucking talking in a convorsation! thats emo music. emotional music. yes emo's may listen to it but i also listen to it... and i love it... and IM NOT EMO!!!!

d-ville skater
04-12-2006, 12:10 AM

thts sooo fucking true... thats another good point right there

Vivica
04-12-2006, 12:36 AM

Boo fucking hoo, Cry Me A Fucking River already!

Did your Mum say you couldn't get those cool red streaks in your hair or something?

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
04-13-2006, 09:41 AM
I know honestly. "Ive got problems you cant even imagine" oh really? Lets here em then. Im tired of idiots like you saying you have the worst problems when you don't.

straituphabitat
04-14-2006, 06:46 AM
i'd say a lotta stuff thats not on the radio

PoolShark
04-14-2006, 08:16 AM
I know honestly. "Ive got problems you cant even imagine" oh really? Lets here em then. Im tired of idiots like you saying you have the worst problems when you don't.
everybodies got problems, its those that turn there problems into a free pitty session and make it seem as if no one else has any that piss me off

posha
04-14-2006, 10:31 AM
hahahaha, half the people talking in this thread don't know what the fuck tey are talking about. "Emo" is a type of music. there is no such thing as being person being "emo". It is just a musical genre.

PoolShark
04-15-2006, 05:16 PM
hahahaha, half the people talking in this thread don't know what the fuck tey are talking about. "Emo" is a type of music. there is no such thing as being person being "emo". It is just a musical genre.
your an idiot,everyone here knows that, but people who listen to it call themselves "emo".Not saying its cool,not saying its stupid,just saying they do it

black label sk8er
04-15-2006, 06:56 PM

dude i think you have problems maybe she has problems that she doesnt want to discus with the entire sb-c

sk8bum77
04-15-2006, 07:46 PM
dude i think you have problems maybe she has problems that she doesnt want to discus with the entire sb-c

well saying 'i have problems you cant even imagine' is a blatant cry for pity. If she wants pity, shes gotta earn it the hard way, by telling all of sb-c how her dad beats her, her uncle rapes her, and her mom watches while the japs next door do bukakke on her. So until then, we're all content with making fun of her for being openly stereotypical.

Oh, and just because she sympathizes with you doesnt mean you should defend her. Remeber, nobody gets pussy through a forum. (If the victorrr/slapdown chronicles taught us anything, quite the opposite happens.)

EmoSkaterGirl
04-15-2006, 08:47 PM
i dont want to tell you guys shit that happens at home and school. thats personal information that i choose i should not explain to you guys. you wouldnt understand either. if you guys are just gunna oppose on what i have to say then dont say anything at all . you dont know shit. and if you wanna argue with me then forget it , because im not up for it.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
04-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Dont know shit? Why on earth would you say you have such horrible problems on a message board without wanting some type of attention. If you didnt want any you would have surely not mentioned something like that.

tweaked
04-16-2006, 06:54 AM
wanna know what emo is everyone? stupid. pointless. ugly.

sk8bum77
04-16-2006, 07:26 AM
i dont want to tell you guys shit that happens at home and school. thats personal information that i choose i should not explain to you guys. you wouldnt understand either. if you guys are just gunna oppose on what i have to say then dont say anything at all . you dont know shit. and if you wanna argue with me then forget it , because im not up for it.

Yes, im sure a group of your peers would have no comprehension of your problems. And i totally agree with underground, if you didnt want attention, you would have never said anything.

Of course, we're giving her a hell of a lot of attention arent we?

Vivica
04-16-2006, 08:06 AM

Wow, so you make it seems like the whole world hates you, and then when we ask you get all defensive on us...

As i said, cry me a fucking river, i doubt its nothing worse than the rest of us.

black label sk8er
04-16-2006, 04:51 PM
well saying 'i have problems you cant even imagine' is a blatant cry for pity. If she wants pity, shes gotta earn it the hard way, by telling all of sb-c how her dad beats her, her uncle rapes her, and her mom watches while the japs next door do bukakke on her. So until then, we're all content with making fun of her for being openly stereotypical.

Oh, and just because she sympathizes with you doesnt mean you should defend her. Remeber, nobody gets pussy through a forum. (If the victorrr/slapdown chronicles taught us anything, quite the opposite happens.)

hey mr. i suck dick im not trying to get pussy and for all you know i could be gay(which im not). and im pretty sure youve stuck up for somebody on myspace/xanga or sb-c or any other free web pages.

sk8bum77
04-16-2006, 06:59 PM
hey mr. i suck dick im not trying to get pussy and for all you know i could be gay(which im not). and im pretty sure youve stuck up for somebody on myspace/xanga or sb-c or any other free web pages.

Well of course ive stuck up for people. The difference is that i dont stick up for whiny little attention whores. And i really hope that your telling me that i suck dick improves your self esteem, because you probably dont have much anyways, seeing as how you feel the need to assure us, and yourself, that although you could be gay, you're not. Heaven forbid a handful of people on an internet forum think you could be gay.

lil joe
04-17-2006, 12:43 AM
no one said green day
thats emo

Vivica
04-17-2006, 01:00 AM
No, its not, and if you suggest that again, i'll ban you :)

nefarious
04-17-2006, 01:05 AM
Boo fucking hoo, Cry Me A Fucking River already!

Did your Mum say you couldn't get those cool red streaks in your hair or something?
You're not american?

nefarious
04-17-2006, 01:05 AM
no one said green day
thats emo
The fuck did you jsut say!

jochas
04-17-2006, 10:38 AM
watch this it explains everything http://thetravisty.com/Just_Funny/wmv/The_Emo_Song.htm

PoolShark
04-18-2006, 07:50 AM
wow mr suck ***** awesome comeback

PoolShark
04-18-2006, 07:51 AM
No, its not, and if you suggest that again, i'll ban you :)
HAHA,nice

black label sk8er
04-20-2006, 05:10 PM
no one said green day
thats emo

if green day is emo than my balls are pink

Mandragora
04-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Dude, okay, go to Sykospark.net and look at their emo section. It's funny and will explain a lot.

Vivica
04-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Wow, that's complete shit.

child-of-insanity
04-21-2006, 09:16 PM
damn, there's so much aggression here.

anyway, emo isn't gay. it's a genre of music that people should at least acknowledge if not respect. the style is just a style and it shouldn't bother you that someone dresses a certain way. it's thier life, not your's. and emos cutting their wrists is just a stereotype. i know people into rap and non-emo music who cut their wrists, so it's not right to think that if someone dyes their hair black, or wears tight jeans that they act a certain way or do specific things. you all should quit judging others and worry about your own lives.

that's all i have to say.

eazy-e
04-23-2006, 06:16 PM
emo was bands such as embrace,rites of srping,fugazi,herion and bands like that but in the 90s meaning changed and newer emo bands are dashboard confessional,saves the day,bright eyes and so on .....if you dont wanna piss people off call the new style of emo "post-emo"

SAVES THE DAY ARENT EMO U IDIOT!

PoolShark
04-25-2006, 06:20 AM
SAVES THE DAY ARENT EMO U IDIOT!
yes,they are considered emo IDIOT! get over it

NOFX_kid
05-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Kyle Wright Is Emo

Almost-a-skater
05-18-2006, 04:45 AM
Kyle Wright Is Emo

Who is Kyle Wright

FuckTheSystem
05-20-2006, 10:14 PM
fuck you emo haters emos are cool they dont cut and shit they are actually cool people when you get to know them

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
05-20-2006, 10:26 PM
fuck you emo haters emos are cool they dont cut and shit they are actually cool people when you get to know them

Its the fact that they are all the same that bugs me. Tight jeans, make up, and styled hair. That belongs on girls, NOT guys, period. They just remind me of corperate loving robots who can't think for themselves.

spanky_dan
05-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Kyle Wright Is Emo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't even know why that was funny, but it made me laugh a lot.

iam4g10
05-21-2006, 05:53 PM
punk n metal r the shit...emo is good somtims

but give it up for devil locks n drunkin drumers that is a good time way bak when

Snu
05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
emo music is bands like bloc party, interpool, hawthrone heits is kinda emo also

skater danny
05-21-2006, 06:24 PM
emo music is bands like bloc party, interpool, hawthrone heits is kinda emo also

I vote for you as the dumbest member on this site.

Anyways, "emo" is a state of mind. Anyone can be emo, since emo clearly stands for emotional. I'm emo. I don't dress like most emo's do. I actually look like a regular kid. It's just that most emo people choose to express their feelings through the way they dress. I've actually realized how much more depressed I have been this year compared to last. I guess with my parent's divorce I've been really blue.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
05-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Emo is not a state of mind. It was a type of music in the late 80s mainly coming from the DC hardcore scene. It was music. Not this whole emo personality crap. If being emotional is emo then everyone is. Emo was and always will be a manifestation of 80s hardcore. What you all mainly call emo now is not emo in any way.

CrapDaddy
05-22-2006, 10:39 AM

Anyways, "emo" is a state of mind. Anyone can be emo, since emo clearly stands for emotional. I'm emo. I don't dress like most emo's do. I actually look like a regular kid. It's just that most emo people choose to express their feelings through the way they dress. I've actually realized how much more depressed I have been this year compared to last. I guess with my parent's divorce I've been really blue.

No my friend, you were voted dumbest kid on this site. The guy above me explained exactly what it is, a genre of music. Snu just named off some emo bands, not what emo was. And besides, I bet you are way farther from emo than you actually think, so dont be hatin snu when you were wrong.

Snu
05-23-2006, 03:10 PM

yea you are a pretty dumb non-emo kid (i'm not saying that im emo though) and you should be voted the dumbest kid on this site, you suck more than carson daily.

EmoSkaterGirl
05-23-2006, 04:53 PM
mmm emo <3

CrapDaddy
05-23-2006, 09:20 PM

Yeah, im best freinds with some emo kids and theyre cool as hell, they dont even dress all that weird if you think about it.

bahaha
05-25-2006, 03:37 AM

bloc party isnt emo. neither is interpol. hawthorne heights is a pretty mainstream example. you are a fucking idiot.

Sk82LiVe2Sk8
05-25-2006, 06:19 AM
OMG, Heroine is the WORST band i've evr heard in my life

tweaked
05-25-2006, 11:22 AM
want a defininition of emo? here it is: stupid, pointless

csca1
05-25-2006, 11:34 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA, if i didn't have a soar throat i would have laughed out loud, i really would.

wow you have 5,00+ posts, man

Edit: 5,000 i mean

black label sk8er
05-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Its the fact that they are all the same that bugs me. Tight jeans, make up, and styled hair. That belongs on girls, NOT guys, period. They just remind me of corperate loving robots who can't think for themselves.

uhmm no... they arent all the same they arent all emo over the same thing some dont style their hair some dont wear make up and some dont wear tight jeans they are just stereotypes you dip shit

MastaChaos
05-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Fuck panic at the disco

fromfirst2last
05-28-2006, 12:36 PM
emo stands for emotional hardcore border-line punk. its abouting screaming out troubles and stuff...kind of like blues only hardcore. jimmy eat world is NOT emo. if u think about it all of rock and roll is about expressing pain...led zeppelin and nirvana talked about girls and pain and all that stuff but they are definately NOT emo. emo is HARDCORE and usually has screaming in it...not all does but, personally, if i was experiencing some extreme pain i would rather scream it.... although its sometimes difficult to find the real guys from those guys just "screaming to get attention" i listen to what reflects on me in some odd way and wether or not its just plain good.

sk8bum77
05-28-2006, 04:59 PM
emo stands for emotional hardcore border-line punk. its abouting screaming out troubles and stuff...kind of like blues only hardcore. jimmy eat world is NOT emo. if u think about it all of rock and roll is about expressing pain...led zeppelin and nirvana talked about girls and pain and all that stuff but they are definately NOT emo. emo is HARDCORE and usually has screaming in it...not all does but, personally, if i was experiencing some extreme pain i would rather scream it.... although its sometimes difficult to find the real guys from those guys just "screaming to get attention" i listen to what reflects on me in some odd way and wether or not its just plain good.

I agree, BUT, as a technical point, jimmy eat world is not emo as in not right now, but a while back, they made 1 or 2 emo(ish) albums(cant be bothered to research which ones) after being punk, and then switched to pop-punk which is what they are now. Theyre half the reason all the pop-punk bands are being called emo, as far as sound goes.

amobema
05-29-2006, 12:41 AM
wood atreyu be classed as emo?

Vivica
05-29-2006, 12:56 AM
These days yes they would.

fat_poser
06-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I am going to e-bitch slap every one of you who makes fun of people who cut. Its a fucking disease, go make fun of some cancer patients you fucking pricks.

Vivica
06-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Word to Mr.Poser once again.

Although technically i don't think its a disease, just a mental handicap.

Being fair though, alot of kids do probably just do it to be scene :-!?

starburstskater
06-05-2006, 01:19 PM
this site is sooooo gay there mods are morons.. like fat poser cant take a joke and the only joke on sbc is sbc itself im out ! bitches .. peace for the people who i liked and fuck you for the people i hated like masterkickflip and a bunch of other fags on here.... you guys need to get off of here and skate because seriously you all suck ... or most of you ... some ! and i mean some are actually good but the others well ... dont let me get into that !

Vivica
06-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Wow... You're cool.

You don't need spaces between words and exclamation marks.
You do however need to use capital letters ;)

That post was really quite pathetic, oh no, "SBC doesn't like me, they're all faggots, how dare they be so mean to me, boohoo"

Get over it kid.

starburstskater
06-05-2006, 07:30 PM
haha vivica are you a guy or what ..... or are you just bi... well go out and skate you little whore haha and ive joined a new skate site anyways and this is my last post on this bitch of a site ! peace bitches

i_sk8_4me
06-06-2006, 08:13 AM
im emo and ive never touched a razor at least not to cut my wrist and im in an emo band and were all emo and write songs about death and dying and suffering but thats just because thats the world today so why not wriet songs about death and blood and shit like that its fun.

Secrets_Dont_Make_Friends
06-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Emo is a music style, you cant dress emo like everyone thinks. Just because some peole wear drainpipes, studded belts, and band tees, doesnt mean there emo.
Some emo bands are:
Hawthorne Heights, Dashboard Confessional, My Chemical Romance, All American Rejects....

Emo is not depressed people, who cry all the time, and cut there wrist, and try to commit suicide. Those are people who suffer through Depression.

RUFNcereal
06-08-2006, 06:29 PM
hahaha i know that emo song! i saw a video with it lol. and yes emos are gay. all they do is color their wrists with red crayolas. i mean some bands are ok but the attitude pisses me off.

06-08-2006, 06:59 PM
OMG, Heroine is the WORST band i've evr heard in my life

if yewr talking about Heroine the title of a CD by FFTL than yewr wrong, if its a band..whatever

sk8bum77
06-09-2006, 09:12 AM
[b]Some emo bands are:
Hawthorne Heights, Dashboard Confessional, My Chemical Romance, All American Rejects....[b]

MOTHERFUCKING WRONG! thank you for completely disregarding the constuctive part of the thread...

Hawthorne is post-hardcoreish, so is dashboard, MCR and AAR are both pop-punk.

Emo hasnt been around for years n years n years. The first two 'emo' bands were technically Rites of Spring and Embrace, but they were just the beginning, so theyre called emocore. Basically punk with lyrics whose deepness extends beyond anarchism.

Real emo: moss icon, evergreen (NOT evergreen terrace), Indian summer, still life. many others. This is true emo, complete with many songs climaxing in real tears. Hence the endless stereotypes. more like modern screamo than anything, but still different. Because then theres a real screamo, which is nothing like it is today, blah blah blah.

So sorry, youre completely wrong. Emo music is, for the better part, dead.

06-09-2006, 09:17 AM
i was just naming bands who are technically classified as emo, if you look them up it says they are, i dont agree with it..its just how it is

Vivica
06-09-2006, 09:17 AM
If i read anymore shit in this thread i'm going to delete every single stupid post and lock the thread forever.

Now stop your bitching.

enjoyskating
06-11-2006, 09:04 PM
stop worrying about if it is emo listen to watever the hell u want

eazy-e
06-11-2006, 09:33 PM
stop worrying about if it is emo listen to watever the hell u want
Thats a good way to finish this shit. well done

black label sk8er
06-13-2006, 02:23 PM
MOTHERFUCKING WRONG! thank you for completely disregarding the constuctive part of the thread...

Hawthorne is post-hardcoreish, so is dashboard, MCR and AAR are both pop-punk.

Emo hasnt been around for years n years n years. The first two 'emo' bands were technically Rites of Spring and Embrace, but they were just the beginning, so theyre called emocore. Basically punk with lyrics whose deepness extends beyond anarchism.

Real emo: moss icon, evergreen (NOT evergreen terrace), Indian summer, still life. many others. This is true emo, complete with many songs climaxing in real tears. Hence the endless stereotypes. more like modern screamo than anything, but still different. Because then theres a real screamo, which is nothing like it is today, blah blah blah.

So sorry, youre completely wrong. Emo music is, for the better part, dead.

just have to get this cleared up... MCR is semi emo they have SOME songs that have emo lyrics like the ghost of you... so on and so forth but hawthorne heights is classified as emo punk and post hardcore, dashboard confessional dont even have to say anything about, and some emo bands do have some throat and screaming in it but most dont and some bands that have screamo and are emo too are :the used, underoath, ect. i could go on forever but i dont think people want to read that

tity fighter
06-17-2006, 08:34 AM
OMG DUDES MEGAN AND THE GORGONITES thats all i have to say. its emo to the max. i would know i made the drums lyricks and sang. imma post some lyricks. this is not a joke.
i get off the bus and i lick the rust off my bike
then i walk down some dark alleys hoping to get raped
when im done i play with my gorgonites.
there my only friends
archer, and occula, slamfist, punch it

i paint my walls with the blood from my wrists

when ive drained my arms
i bake a cake of despair in my swivel chair
did i rob that store, or am i coming from a funeral?
i wear black like the pain i feel in my liver

i paint my walls with the blood from my wrists

my fingers are all pruny from painting my walls with my blood
after i dry them off i go play jump rope with my little sister
we play pattycake while i listen to atreyu
then i go to sleep on my floor because i heard cushions are bad for your back
and im all tuckered out from my big emo day.

i paint my walls with the blood from my wrists X4

if your interested in hearing the music (its great) the contact me at MULESKINNER100@aol.com

Blank-skater
06-17-2006, 09:22 AM
a genre of music.

MrmA
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
to clear some things up:
What kind of an asshole do you need to be to put labels on people???
I wear my sis make up around my eyes, dress in black, mostly tight, I DON'T cut myself 'coz there's no point in that, I'm NOT gay, though I'm not one of those retards that think gay people should be killed or smth, I listen to all genres of rock/metal/punk (except hc punk and death metal) but I prefer horror punk (Misfits, Alkaline Trio, Necromantix,etc.), emo punk, melodic punk, skate punk, black metal, nu metal, industrial metal, gothik (in Europe it is gothiK). I don't mind "coloured" people, gay people, hippies, etc. though I mind nazi scum, and the most important thing: I DON'T REFER TO PEOPLE AS PUNKS, METAL SLUGS, ETC. 'COZ THAT IS BS AND FOR THOSE RETARDED PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY ARE THE GREATEST, AND MOST CORRECT MADAFUCKERS IN WHOLE UNIVERSE!!!
Now cut this bs!

the S.S. Minnow
06-20-2006, 07:24 PM
seems like this has been taken kare of so i wont even say any thing

swordsaint
06-22-2006, 05:20 AM
I think emo now has been blown completely out of preportion now because i had a freind who had never did a single drug in his life and was completely strait and he even listened to country but he had no girls when we got to high school he started hanging out with some "emo" people and now he kissis dudes and stuff. I ask you all WTF is up with that?

Go Wida Flow
06-23-2006, 01:52 PM
So From first to last arnt emo?

superminds
06-24-2006, 05:54 PM

thats emo basically but you missed something. They are the only depressed fags that cut themselves cause that is supposed to healk them.....basically they are aa bunch of fags

Snu
06-24-2006, 06:10 PM
no fftl is not emo only like one of their songs is emo

Go Wida Flow
06-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Which one?