PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is "Emo"

Pages : 1 [2]

PoolShark
06-25-2006, 09:07 PM
just have to get this cleared up... MCR is semi emo they have SOME songs that have emo lyrics like the ghost of you... so on and so forth but hawthorne heights is classified as emo punk and post hardcore, dashboard confessional dont even have to say anything about, and some emo bands do have some throat and screaming in it but most dont and some bands that have screamo and are emo too are :the used, underoath, ect. i could go on forever but i dont think people want to read that
no, if you listen to rites of spring( what was called emo in 1986) and mcr(what is called emo now) they have a completly different sound and feel

PoolShark
06-25-2006, 09:10 PM
if yewr talking about Heroine the title of a CD by FFTL than yewr wrong, if its a band..whatever
fftl is seriously horrible all that mtv pop punk shit sounds the same

MrmA
06-26-2006, 12:41 AM
no, if you listen to rites of spring( what was called emo in 1986) and mcr(what is called emo now) they have a completly different sound and feel
Well, no shit? Listen to one hard rock band from back then, and listen to one now, and they will be different. You can't compare music from 20 years ago with music today, like comparing what were our grandfathers do when they were our age, with what we do now...

gnar kill
06-28-2006, 12:59 AM
emo is a kind of music.

dont read too much into it.

pimpinkid
06-29-2006, 07:05 PM
people stereotype emo too much. i listen to emo bands but i don't cut my wrist and complain about my life to everyone i meet. people that cut their wrist and "hate their lives" usually just want attention, especially if they are sharing it with everyone. they feel just feel sorry for themselves.

Damn straight i listen to emo bands like MCR, Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, From First To Last etc. But im not emo at all, i dont cut myself or complain like other people. ALSO FOR ALL THE IDIOTS THAT SAY SYSTEM OF A DOWN are emo. should fuckin get an education. Cuz they are not System of a down rule harder than anyone else.

skatersteve
07-04-2006, 02:34 AM
emo bands are okay but being emo is kinda gay

PoolShark
07-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Damn straight i listen to emo bands like MCR, Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, From First To Last etc. But im not emo at all, i dont cut myself or complain like other people. ALSO FOR ALL THE IDIOTS THAT SAY SYSTEM OF A DOWN are emo. should fuckin get an education. Cuz they are not System of a down rule harder than anyone else.
none of those bands you mentioned are emo. dont believe everything mtv tells you

metalcore
07-05-2006, 02:22 PM
emo bands are okay but being emo is kinda gay

yea, but i dun rly lik dat lite emo stuff....more of the screamo kinda stuff
but yea bein emo is gay...i jus lik the music

Secrets_Dont_Make_Friends
07-05-2006, 06:38 PM
aparently im suppose to be emo

the streotypical emo: cuts their wrists, are depressed, and try to commit suicide.

real emo is music...

Secrets_Dont_Make_Friends
07-05-2006, 06:39 PM
none of those bands you mentioned are emo. dont believe everything mtv tells you

thank you!