PDA

View Full Version : dream theater

bubbleboy
09-02-2008, 05:38 PM
is win

holy crap

i never realized what ive been missing by not downloading all of their albums, there is so much beyond octavarium, images and words, and train of thought

Videon
09-02-2008, 05:55 PM
hell yeah dude.
I mean, their singer gets annoying at times, but they have a hell of a sound.

fulltimeskater
09-02-2008, 05:57 PM
They are amazing.

riskitforabiscuit
09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Awake and Images and Words are my favourites.

codyguy
09-02-2008, 06:49 PM
change of seasons is one of my favorites.

jpharaoh69
09-02-2008, 06:59 PM
liquid tension experiment > dream theater

PezThePenguin!
09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Dream Theater is amazing! I have there Images and words cd and it is sweet but i havn't got to listen to there newer stuff, Is the new Dream theater worth buying? I have dial up so its hard to listen to music.

riskitforabiscuit
09-03-2008, 02:22 AM
Dream Theater is amazing! I have there Images and words cd and it is sweet but i havn't got to listen to there newer stuff, Is the new Dream theater worth buying? I have dial up so its hard to listen to music.
Their second best album is Awake, you won't be disappointed with it. It came out after Images and Words. As for new Dream Theater, get Metropolis Pt. 2. As for even newer Dream Theater, their most recent album Systematic Chaos is great. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is also amazing.

miniman
09-03-2008, 03:07 AM
I dont like them, the only song i like is as i am.

John petrucci on his own though, fucking hell.

riskitforabiscuit
09-03-2008, 03:20 AM
I find Petrucci's solo album boring.

Tony
09-03-2008, 03:49 AM
I dont like them, the only song i like is as i am.

Bet that's only because of the solo. I seriously do not understand people that don't like Dream Theater, they're most probably the most versatile and technically developed band in the world, plus their music just rocks. They don't fail to amaze. I just bought Metropolis pt.2 and it's awesome, their every album is full of awesome.

JP on his own is great also, I hate people who only set their opinion on him from Glasgow Kiss, like he wouldn't have anything else. Also, those "omg no soul" guitarists should all fucking die away and leave from the universe.

On LTE note, they've started touring again! There are some 08 videos on Youtube about it, like Petrucci cutting out Portnoy's beard and Rudess playing guitar live.

bubbleboy
09-04-2008, 04:12 PM
so far ive listened to the entire metropolis pt. 2 album three times in the last day, i cant get over how damn amazing it is

octavarium is great too