PDA

View Full Version : problems with wireless mouse

new_skater99
08-11-2008, 10:24 AM
i just got it like 2 weeks ago and today i had my first problem... its been having a really low signal all day. like it'll be fine one minute and then suddenly freeze, and then work again. it happened mostly when i was playing games... what should I do? the mousepad is really dirty but I don't know where another one is. also, it's been working fine up until today, and it's been used every single day. i really dont see how it would get dirty that quick. also the batteries are fine. suggestions?

SUPER GRAND
08-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Is it close to the computer? Or it might be broken.

new_skater99
08-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Is it close to the computer? Or it might be broken.

i just got it. and its like, 2-3 feet from the computer, and its worked up until now so i dont think thats the issue. i dont know what would make it stop working so suddenly. its only when i play games though, like right now its fine. it worked with games last week though.

EmericasBlackSkater
08-11-2008, 10:31 AM
you have alot of computer problems.

new_skater99
08-11-2008, 10:41 AM
you have alot of computer problems.

well the one computer that I use is a piece of crap. My two younger brothers share a gaming computer but I don't use that one... we have this shitty one in the basement that I use cause it has all my old Roller Coaster Tycoon games on it. It has a few problems, but I don't want to replace it because I don't think it's really necessary, considering I'm going to be leaving next year for college

EmericasBlackSkater
08-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Ibm?

xpn0yk0nceptzx
08-11-2008, 10:44 AM
usually on wireless mouses, there's that "connect" button the mouse and on the USB dongle....just press those together whenever you have trouble....

if you dont have one, then try replacing the battery with a new battery...whenever my wireless mouse starts to go shitty, it's usually because of the battery...

what kind of mouse is it?

Volcom_Skate
08-11-2008, 10:46 AM
I have a wireless mouse too and i have the same problem. You probably just have to reconnect it again.

new_skater99
08-11-2008, 10:47 AM
usually on wireless mouses, there's that "connect" button the mouse and on the USB dongle....just press those together whenever you have trouble....

if you dont have one, then try replacing the battery with a new battery...whenever my wireless mouse starts to go shitty, it's usually because of the battery...

what kind of mouse is it?

I have no idea what the connect thing is. I dont think there is one, and either way, I can't reach the USB because its buried behind the desk somewhere. I haven't replaced the battery, but i only just got this mouse two weeks ago so I doubt the battery is already dead. Also, it works fine now, it just doesnt work when I'm playing games.

Its a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000

lilro
08-11-2008, 11:18 AM
If it's only during games, maybe it's a RAM issue and your computer is lagging to shit.

baker_skater
08-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Change batterys.

new_skater99
08-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Change batterys.

it's not the batteries, it works fine when im not playing games.

new_skater99
08-11-2008, 11:32 AM
If it's only during games, maybe it's a RAM issue and your computer is lagging to shit.

if I minimize the game it works fine.

749IVLIFESKATER
08-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Get a mouse with a fucking wire.
Problem solved.