PDA

View Full Version : Hear me out on my highly scientific theory.

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 09:00 AM
as we all know, the people in this world are getting fatter and fatter everyday. this is cause by many factors in our environment such as fast food but also due to the slowing metabolism as a race. Why could this be? well what if this was actually a giant survival instinct. the world is getting warmer and warmer and then is eventually going to turn into another ice age. this could be a sort of human prepping hibernation for that point in time so people can amass fat to live through the extreme cold weather that is coming shortly. maybe something in us is sensing this cycle and there is a timer that reacts accordingly. or maybe god is fucking around for teh lulz.

anyway Discuss.

The_Q
08-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Whatever it is, I missed out on it.

Lipschitz
08-07-2008, 09:04 AM
-_-

jackdaniels
08-07-2008, 09:05 AM
What? No, the fat twats will just die when they can't hunt the polar bears.

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 09:06 AM
What? No, the fat twats will just die when they can't hunt the polar bears.

so what you're saying is that it's a ploy to reduce our overpopulation? interesting.

Slapdown
08-07-2008, 09:06 AM
as we all know, the people in this world are getting fatter and fatter everyday. this is cause by many factors in our environment such as fast food but also due to the slowing metabolism as a race. Why could this be? well what if this was actually a giant survival instinct. the world is getting warmer and warmer and then is eventually going to turn into another ice age. this could be a sort of human prepping hibernation for that point in time so people can amass fat to live through the extreme cold weather that is coming shortly. maybe something in us is sensing this cycle and there is a timer that reacts accordingly. or maybe god is fucking around for teh lulz.

anyway Discuss.

Excellent theory there...

In other news, Slapdown fails to make ice cubes after placing ice cube tray in oven, rendering him confused.

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 09:08 AM

In other news, Slapdown fails to make ice cubes after placing ice cube tray in oven, rendering him confused.

you know what i mean. we are eventually gonna have another ice age after this global warming shit is over. its a cycle.

Slapdown
08-07-2008, 09:10 AM
you know what i mean. we are eventually gonna have another ice age after this global warming shit is over. its a cycle.

Not really. The world is going to keep getting hotter and hotter. I fail to see how you can prove or even assume that we'll have another ice age.

jackdaniels
08-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Its happened abour 6 times since the world began. Earth warms up, earth goes cold. Rinse and repeat.

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Not really. The world is going to keep getting hotter and hotter. I fail to see how you can prove or even assume that we'll have another ice age.

i dunno. that's what the experts and this graph tell me.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/PageMill_Images/image157.gif

Slapdown
08-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Its happened abour 6 times since the world began. Earth warms up, earth goes cold. Rinse and repeat.

Has it now? But that's not what I asked. I asked "Where is the proof that we're headed for another any time soon?"

Also, how this thread can be called "Highly scientific theory" with no evidence at all, no referencing, and a theory built on assumption is beyond me.

Slapdown
08-07-2008, 09:13 AM

Graph proves sweet FA.

galloway
08-07-2008, 09:13 AM
damn... ive been loosing a lot of weight lately... i guess im fucked! oh well at least ill die fit :-D

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Has it now? But that's not what I asked. I asked "Where is the proof that we're headed for another any time soon?"

Also, how this thread can be called "Highly scientific theory" with no evidence at all, no referencing, and a theory built on assumption is beyond me.

we cannot predict the future but we can make good assumptions by using what happened in the past. by examining the state of the earth over a period of sever thousand years, scientist were able to discover the existence of a cycle of ice ages and warming period. these have continues to cycle out until our time today and if all goes according to nature, then we will have another ice age after the warming period.

the "highly scientific" part was for the added irony of my theoretical theory.

Slapdown
08-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Have you not considered that the pattern or cycle may have changed dude to excess pollution and greenhouse gases that were non-existant in modern day quantities?

Equally, how can cycles be justified when the duration of the earth's existance has yet to be defined. Experts have estimated it to be between 10,000 to 10,000,000,000 years old, so how can cycles exist?

flipuk
08-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Its fact we're currently in an interglacial period, but anyone who actually knows what that means knows it really doesn't say anything lol

flipuk
08-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Have you not considered that the pattern or cycle may have changed dude to excess pollution and greenhouse gases that were non-existant in modern day quantities?

Equally, how can cycles be justified when the duration of the earth's existance has yet to be defined. Experts have estimated it to be between 10,000 to 10,000,000,000 years old, so how can cycles exist?

the age of the earth has been accurately calculated for sometime duttz by radiometric age dating of meteorites.

it is 4.5ish billion years.

Slapdown
08-07-2008, 09:24 AM
the age of the earth has been accurately calculated for sometime duttz by radiometric age dating of meteorites.

it is 4.5ish billion years.

It's still only a theory. No concrete evidence either way.

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 09:26 AM

like the theory that god exists right? mr. preacher.

haha jk.

but it is a theory nonetheless. it is based on evidence and calculation which people in white lab coats have made. its not perfect. but it is accurate to some point as it is not just something out of the blue and is actually based on something.

flipuk
08-07-2008, 09:27 AM

the techniques used are pretty accurate, since theyve been fine tuned for years and years, not to mention the care taken to remove any contamination. Theyve done thousands of tests and thats how they have arrived at the number, so in my opinion, its evidence enough.

kensil811
08-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I hate when posts end in "Discuss"
And the only people getting fatter and fatter are Americans. I don't think any other countries obesity level has changed for a while.

xCxCxHx
08-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Graph proves sweet FA.

lol i love slapdown

but anyway the earths natural cycle is to get hot and then ice age shit up every so thousand years.

this global warming "scare" is the biggest pussy liberal tree hugger bullshit i've ever had to deal with in my life... and i live in CALI

its BULLSHIT. its just another excuse for gay fags to drive electric cars so then they can say "oooh even though im a total fag im saving the environment" even though you're NOT because to produce the fuel cell technology in a prick fuckin prius requires parts and manufacturing from places ALL over the world, and moving these parts and machines CONSUMES energy.

and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!!

Slapdown
08-07-2008, 09:40 AM
like the theory that god exists right? mr. preacher.

haha jk.

but it is a theory nonetheless. it is based on evidence and calculation which people in white lab coats have made. its not perfect. but it is accurate to some point as it is not just something out of the blue and is actually based on something.

Faith requires no evidence.

the techniques used are pretty accurate, since theyve been fine tuned for years and years, not to mention the care taken to remove any contamination. Theyve done thousands of tests and thats how they have arrived at the number, so in my opinion, its evidence enough.

The same way carbon dating was meant to be accurate?

I dunno, I'm still sceptical. It's not fact, it's still all assumption.

Slapdown
08-07-2008, 09:41 AM
lol i love slapdown

but anyway the earths natural cycle is to get hot and then ice age shit up every so thousand years.

this global warming "scare" is the biggest pussy liberal tree hugger bullshit i've ever had to deal with in my life... and i live in CALI

its BULLSHIT. its just another excuse for gay fags to drive electric cars so then they can say "oooh even though im a total fag im saving the environment" even though you're NOT because to produce the fuel cell technology in a prick fuckin prius requires parts and manufacturing from places ALL over the world, and moving these parts and machines CONSUMES energy.

and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!! and fuck tree huggers !!!

Really? Every thousand? So we've had two since the birth of Christ?! Wow!

The graph was saying hundeds of thousands.

notaskateaholic
08-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I have a theory, people are getting fat as a result of poor diets and lack of exercise. Yeah I know, I know, it sounds a bit crazy...

HUnGary_SAmUraI
08-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Well i guess it's kind of a good idea

but like the trend has showed up in like 20 years... that usually means it's not something natural

notaskateaholic
08-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Faith requires no evidence.

The same way carbon dating was meant to be accurate?

I dunno, I'm still sceptical. It's not fact, it's still all assumption.

Carbon dating is pretty accurate. The only times that its not accurate is when something unnatural alters the carbon, for example a fire. But in that case, and in many, the scientists would be able to identify that something had happened. A good example would be the Shroud of Turin....

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I have a theory, people are getting fat as a result of poor diets and lack of exercise. Yeah I know, I know, it sounds a bit crazy...

i was reffering to metabolism that would react to the changes in the global cycle as an added reason to those. but yes you're right. we are lazy as fuck and love taco bell.

notaskateaholic
08-07-2008, 09:46 AM
i was reffering to metabolism that would react to the changes in the global cycle as an added reason to those. but yes you're right. we are lazy as fuck and love taco bell.

There are hundreds of reasons metabolism slows...lawl

NASA Dietary Fact of The DAY! :

Did you know if you drink a large glass of water after you wake up in the morning, your metabolism will increase by a 24% !!!!!!

HUnGary_SAmUraI
08-07-2008, 09:48 AM
lol i love slapdown

ha guess what dude, oil is limited fuel source, then what

not only global warming... china can't drink river water anymore because it's so fucking polluted

if you've ever been to a country where they limit their use of fossil fuels and shit... the air just fucking tastes delicious mmmmmmmmm

haha do'nt know man

xCxCxHx
08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
if someone could explain to me how white head seagulls and green lizards have completely disappeared from north florida when last winter i went and there was an abundance of both? im not saying global warming caused it... but textbook natural selection... in 6 months...?

Popwar Pill
08-07-2008, 09:51 AM

1st. Lulz

2nd.http://a116.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/l_e7cb4eb7eac6cae8c26319545049ea53.jpg

Thumbs up on your bullshit theory

xCxCxHx
08-07-2008, 09:57 AM
ha guess what dude, oil is limited fuel source, then what

not only global warming... china can't drink river water anymore because it's so fucking polluted

if you've ever been to a country where they limit their use of fossil fuels and shit... the air just fucking tastes delicious mmmmmmmmm

haha do'nt know man

fuck it thats for future generations to deal with

in the meantime im going to expect nothing less from our government than to suck the midwest and the gulf, WEST, and alaska coasts completely dry of oil. while at the same time, we'll conserve money by not paying $125 a barrel for petroleum, and use the funds saved there to research alternative fuels (hydrogen, alcohol, vegetable oil, anything but ethanol) i just wanna be able to drive my bigass caddy wherever i wana go without breakin the fuckin bank

FUCK OBAMA AND THE TREE HUGGIN NIGGAS

xCxCxHx
08-07-2008, 09:58 AM
god damn justgoskate, take a fucking shower ~_~

Popwar Pill
08-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Fuckkkk no I don't want bastards digging up my turf!

scumfiesta1124
08-07-2008, 10:01 AM
wow you negged me jgs?
stoopid dune goon.
no one likes you.
your edate on a message board does not increase ones genitals.

xCxCxHx
Fuckkkk no I don't want bastards digging up my turf!

your turf is shwag, give it up or prepare to get blasted on

himhkd

im sorry, but have got to be the biggest faggot this site has ever seen, not only are you an attention whore trying to make an argument over someones thoughts, with no reasoning other than the fact that you find some kind enjoyment out of trying to argue with some kid on the internet. also, you can't skate worth shit, and you style sucks balls, so tell me, why the fuck are you here?
this is a skateboarding forum, for SKATEBOARDING, not 18 year old faggots that spend there time on a skateboarding forum, when they should be working and having a life. not trying to argue a statement that was miss stated, but could have been easily understood if you had more than a 7th grade education.

Popwar Pill
08-07-2008, 10:05 AM
im sorry, but have got to be the biggest faggot this site has ever seen, not only are you an attention whore trying to make an argument over someones thoughts, with no reasoning other than the fact that you find some kind enjoyment out of trying to argue with some kid on the internet. also, you can't skate worth shit, and you style sucks balls, so tell me, why the fuck are you here?
this is a skateboarding forum, for SKATEBOARDING, not 18 year old faggots that spend there time on a skateboarding forum, when they should be working and having a life. not trying to argue a statement that was miss stated, but could have been easily understood if you had more than a 7th grade education.

You can only wish he'd wipe his knob on you.

xCxCxHx
08-07-2008, 10:05 AM

lol stfu noob

Popwar Pill
08-07-2008, 10:06 AM
your turf is shwag, give it up or prepare to get blasted on

Not really...we have some of the better soil in the US, so our rich soil = perfect for bomb chronic.

Although our seasons suck :-(

xCxCxHx
08-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Not really...we have some of the better soil in the US, so our rich soil = perfect for bomb chronic.

Although our seasons suck :-(

haha our soil is shwag down here in socal. its super fuckin compacted mud and clay. everyone knows the best buds are grown inside with dank compost full of nutrients and nitrogen and other danks to give your bud the characteristics you seek.

i was growin some shit in my backyard but it died when i came back from outta town

Popwar Pill
08-07-2008, 10:14 AM
haha our soil is shwag down here in socal. its super fuckin compacted mud and clay. everyone knows the best buds are grown inside with dank compost full of nutrients and nitrogen and other danks to give your bud the characteristics you seek.

i was growin some shit in my backyard but it died when i came back from outta town

:-(

HUnGary_SAmUraI
08-07-2008, 10:17 AM

ojai bud

SkaterPotater
08-07-2008, 10:18 AM
JGS! Do you even skate?

I know alot of people don't skate on here anymore, but alot of them are the older members. You make dumb threads, but never post footage. What the fucks up. Post footage or gtfo.

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
yeah i do but i have no footy whatsoever. i think i posted a regular flatground tre a while back but usually im just out skating with my friends, no camera or anything. even at the park, we're too lazy to film.

that's why i don't post footy. im actually not that bad at skating. i can do tres, fakie tres, and a bigflip every now and then. can do a 5. do alot of ledges and shit. you know the deal.

although sbc members had to help me a lil with stairs at first haha.

Popwar Pill
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
It doesn't involve much in filming...you press a button and follow the person, or stand still.

Black Label
08-07-2008, 10:27 AM
i say that theory makes no sense but whatever

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 10:30 AM
It doesn't involve much in filming...you press a button and follow the person, or stand still.

i know haha. what cable do u need to upload?

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 10:35 AM
never mind. a firewire iee4 thing right? il try and see if my friend has one so maybe we can actually get some footy.

Charmeleon
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
If this was right then I'm fucked because i'm too skinny to survive

Turboz
08-07-2008, 11:05 AM
If this was right then I'm fucked because i'm too skinny to surviveif that's the case then go down to your local mcdonalds and chow down.

SkaterPotater
08-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I'll just harvest the non important polar bears fur to survive the harsh Artic temperatures.

Charmeleon
08-07-2008, 11:06 AM
if that's the case then go down to your local mcdonalds and chow down.

When the time comes i'll just eat my dad, I don't wanna risk the acne and health problems if no shit is gonna go down

codyguy
08-07-2008, 11:11 AM
people are fat because they don't get exercise and eat to much unhealthy food. anyone who believes fast food came around to save the human race is a moron.

Turboz
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
When the time comes i'll just eat my dad, I don't wanna risk the acne and health problems if no shit is gonna go downbetter hope your dad doesn't drink or smoke.

codyguy
08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
we cannot predict the future but we can make good assumptions by using what happened in the past. by examining the state of the earth over a period of sever thousand years, scientist were able to discover the existence of a cycle of ice ages and warming period. these have continues to cycle out until our time today and if all goes according to nature, then we will have another ice age after the warming period.

the "highly scientific" part was for the added irony of my theoretical theory.

if you actually examined the cycles you would see that we're still coming out of a small ice age. there won't be another one for a long ass time.

Slapdown
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM

Ha ha ha ha, epic! I wasn't making an arguement. I was debating why the theory didn't work in my opinion. If threads weren't there to discuss, then we wouldn't have a forum. It's just be a long list of random thoughts and closed threads, right?

No, I can't skate, you're actually right. I haven't touched a board in about 2 years, and the reason was because I didn't feel I was as good as the level I was trying to skate at. Being a perfectionist in a sport that demands perfection is so frustrating it hurts. My passion just died.

Why am I here? There's a lot of cool people here and a lot of cool discussions. Like this one, in fact, before you jumped out of your pram. I enjoy talking on here. Problem?

I'm actually 21, not 18. I don't spend all my time on a forum, and before you go around throwing stupid assumptions, I have a job, and I'm going into my third and final year at University. Surprisingly, I'm actually making more of my life than most people do by the time they're 21. That's also another reason I quit skating. To focus on my career and studies, which I wouldn't be able to focus on if I got injured.

7th grade education? No offence mate, but I was in 7th grade about 8 or so years ago. Now toddle on and pick a fight with someone when you have some facts to back it up.

HTHYFC.

BushPushesMongo
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
JustGoSkate!, are you my eight year old brother? It seems like a theory he would come up with....

enjoi the panda
08-07-2008, 02:00 PM

ahaha

enjoi the panda
08-07-2008, 02:04 PM

i got a graph for you

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7164/asdfaveateasc5.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7164/asdfaveateasc5.c7f5a38c03.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=520&i=asdfaveateasc5.png)

late_flip
08-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I wanna go threw space,

and be like.

"zoom! Zoom! wooooshhhhhhhh!!!"

SkaSkate
08-07-2008, 02:27 PM
i got a graph for you

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7164/asdfaveateasc5.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7164/asdfaveateasc5.c7f5a38c03.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=520&i=asdfaveateasc5.png)

Yeah, the graph seems to be wrong. Judging by eye from the 0 to 100 mark, the last ice age we had was about 20 000 years ago. How did the countless kinds of species we know today manage to evolve from the few survivors of an ice age for such a short time?

baker_skater
08-07-2008, 02:50 PM
This is a stupid theory since America is pretty much the only country that has a high obese rate.

crooked09
08-07-2008, 03:25 PM
The world is getting fatter? Pretty much just our country and maybe a small handful of others. And where did you get the "we are evolving into having slower metabolism?" First off the observation of getting fatter was taken from maybe the last 50 years which is way too short to have any evolutionary impact whatsoever; but for that to happen it would mean that we choose to mate with people who are fat (slower metabolism).

Also this whole thing relies on global warming being fact.

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
this theory is still undeveloped as i thought it up in 5 min. obviously it has flaws but we can certainly expand upon the base ideas.

Stolleyman73
08-07-2008, 03:34 PM
this theory is still undeveloped as i thought it up in 5 min. obviously it has flaws but we can certainly expand upon the base ideas.

Stop trying to be smart.

You suck at it.

Ipswitch
08-07-2008, 03:40 PM
JGS is a fucking idiot elephant rider. Don't listen to him.

Grand_Hustle
08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Quite frankly,I don't give a fuck.

If it ends,I'm gonna run around screaming Sex Pistols lyrics while total burning anarchy ensues.

It it doesn't end,I'm gonna dip myself to jaw cancer,and die that way.

Oh well,you're welcome to your theories.

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Quite frankly,I don't give a fuck.

If it ends,I'm gonna run around screaming Sex Pistols lyrics while total burning anarchy ensues.

It it doesn't end,I'm gonna dip myself to jaw cancer,and die that way.

Oh well,you're welcome to your theories.

thank you for your open mindedness. ;-)

Stolleyman73
08-07-2008, 03:47 PM
JGS is a fucking idiot elephant rider. Don't listen to him.

I laughed so hard at that I spit out baked potato all over my keyboard lol.

reptiskate52
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM

I think it's pretty well accepted it's between 4 and 5 billion.

Grand_Hustle
08-07-2008, 03:52 PM

Getting that out is gonna be no fun at all.

Stolleyman73
08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Getting that out is gonna be no fun at all.

It came out lol.

Grand_Hustle
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
It came out lol.

Food proof keyboard?

Eh,must be some kind of survival technique;-)

Stolleyman73
08-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Food proof keyboard?

Eh,must be some kind of survival technique;-)

Yeah, I think my computer adapted so it wouldn't have to get food in it.

Unlike JGS, who is still a faggot.

You need to adapt, buddy!

JustGoSkate!
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM

what are you ten?

reptiskate52
08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Well, we all know reptiskate will survive.
Ha. I like how you got all pissy when people called you fat.

Grand_Hustle
08-07-2008, 04:12 PM
what are you ten?

Better question.

Why the fuck do the ask how much wood a woodchuck COULD chuck if he COULD chuck wood?

Why the fuck are they calling him a woodchuck if he CAN'T chuck wood?

That rhyme is misleading,and a fucking failure.