PDA

View Full Version : giving blood

new_skater99
05-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm going to be giving blood for the first time on thursday and I'm a bit nervous because a) i'm terrified of needles and b) I'm relatively skinny and afraid I might pass out.

any info I should know, for those of you who have given blood? Like, will I feel weird afterwards, or anything?

xCxCxHx
05-09-2008, 04:27 PM
they wouldn't take my bnlood cause they knew i was high.. loll

Faceplant
05-09-2008, 04:28 PM
youre gonna feel hella light headed after it and they advise you to eat some type of food, i forgot what it was

myfriendsareonfire
05-09-2008, 04:29 PM
i've passed out from getting blood taken, it wasn't that bad

theantihero
05-09-2008, 04:30 PM
they wouldn't take my bnlood cause they knew i was high.. loll
Hahahaha yesss

Dying_To_Live
05-09-2008, 04:31 PM
it really hurts. you're a brave soul.

05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
It hurts so bad getting blood sucked out, I'm sorry to tell you.

But, it feels good after you're done and you walk around, hahaha.

ight dawg
05-09-2008, 04:37 PM
haha i would never give blood, fuck that!

NiggasnBandanas
05-09-2008, 04:45 PM
haha i would never give blood, fuck that!

exactly

new_skater99
05-09-2008, 05:03 PM
shit im really fucking scared right now.

dustydust
05-09-2008, 05:04 PM
thats how my mom got aids.

boodige
05-09-2008, 05:06 PM
shit im really fucking scared right now.

i once was at the hospital cause i had internal bleeding, and to check that my blood was not infected they took my blood (with needles) three to five times every two hours... for a whole fucking week...
so just shut up and stop being a pussy

new_skater99
05-09-2008, 05:09 PM
^ dude, I'm fucking scared of needles, okay? Yeah my sister is like, always in the hospital and gets IVs and shots and blood taken all the time. I'm not used to doing that myself though... I get a flu shot each year and thats pretty much it. I'm a huge pussy when it comes to pain too, so i dont know if it'll hurt or anything.

dieg0
05-09-2008, 05:10 PM
they use the same needle for the whole day

new_skater99
05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
they sterilize it though

Schism
05-09-2008, 05:41 PM
It's all trippy watching it happen, it just feels like a little pin like a thorn bush.

Fudopi
05-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I've had blood drawn, basically same procedure as far as I know.

The bottom of your arm will feel like it will explode, it's freaky.

Brez
05-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Eat a big breakfast, or just eat in general.
They ask you a lot of random ass questions before, or at least they did with me haha. Some of them were pretty hilarious.

You shouldn't be worried about passing out unless you're ridiculously small.
They'll give you food after, if you feel woozy just lay down.

I gave blood the first time last week and I felt perfectly fine.
They told you to not do much heavy lifting or exercising for the next two days, but I went home and skated haha. It's really not that bad at all.

minilogosk8
05-09-2008, 05:55 PM
using you to fall back down again... CHOCOLATE RAIN [insert melodic metal guitar here]

Fudopi
05-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Dude, when I had blood drawn, the nurse must've been out of it.

She asked me if I was on a period. And I told her yes, so she told me to wait a week to have it drawn, then she looked at who she was talking too.

minilogosk8
05-09-2008, 05:59 PM

She asked me if I was on a period. And I told her yes, so she told me to wait a week to have it drawn, then she looked at who she was talking too.

HAHAHA

mipathiskate
05-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm a pussy when it comes to needles. I always turn like white, I feel like fainting.

By the way, theyre going to give you some cranberry juice after all is done, and you'll sit around for a while. Your brave, I wouldnt do it.

new_skater99
05-09-2008, 06:18 PM

haha thats funny

pinkeh
05-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Pretend you've been flung back into prehistoric times and you're being ripped limb by limb by a sabre tooth tiger. That'll explain your epic blood loss and hey, now you'll pass out from being attacked by some insane beast and not a puny little needle. My nurse once gave me these comforting words of advice when I was getting blood drawn when I was like 8. It'll work fine, just look at me now.

I'm terrified of cats AND needles, but it worked for the 5 minutes I was getting blood drawn.

RUFNbanned
05-09-2008, 07:11 PM
I have lived in the hospital for a year and got two blood tests a day, so don't complain to me. i get them in my hand, and i donated 3 days ago. it's fun.

TheLeavingSongPt.2
05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
I had to get blood taken out. About three beaker things worth of blood. I'm bet I am way skinnier than you and I didn't pass out. It didn't hurt but it was weird seeing blood come out of me through a tube and in to the beaker.

TonyBertaCarlosGateles
05-09-2008, 08:48 PM
i can't give blood because they tell me my blood's too good they have to pay me to donate.
im just playing. Just make sure they do not take too much because youll feel really lightheaded.

Ecko
05-09-2008, 10:32 PM
you might bruise, my brother got 3 viles taken and he has a huge bruise starting from where the needle went in all the way up his vein

Maklika Bango
05-09-2008, 10:38 PM
It's really not bad, I donated yesterday. I weigh 150 lbs and the only part that even remotely hurt was the first insertion of the needle. I didn't feel lightheaded at all. I did seem even more tired then I usually am but overall there really is nothing to worry about. I don't even have a bruise.

ziocs1337
05-09-2008, 10:46 PM
It feels like your arm explodeddddd
Na it's not bad at all.
butttttt I've heard that there is controversy in hospitals over whether using donated blood does more harm than good.

A-Smith
05-09-2008, 11:54 PM
I gave blood last week at work and I musta been too high because I almost passed out like 20 minutes later and im not skinny or weak really. I thought i was gonna get a fuckin shirt but no. Fuck the blood drive.

Ellsworthskate
05-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I've given blood like three times. And I'm really scared of needles, the only part I hate is when they first put it in, it doesn't even hurt really, it just the anticipation of it that freaks me out. But once its in, its pretty chill and you don't even really feel it, and most likely you get juice and cookies or some shit afterwards, so its a good deal.

Oh and most of the time I just get right up and feel fine, like I wouldn't want to go run a marathon, but its like I want to pass out or anything, its pretty normal. not bad at all.

A-Smith
05-10-2008, 12:04 AM
I had to get blood taken out. About three beaker things worth of blood. I'm bet I am way skinnier than you and I didn't pass out. It didn't hurt but it was weird seeing blood come out of me through a tube and in to the beaker.Ya i only gave a pint. I think it was just a combination of bein baked and sweating my ass off trying to work. I had to sit down for like 20 minutes it sucked ass.

SMR
05-10-2008, 12:07 AM
It hurts like a bitch. I had a big muscleman of a doctor jam the needle in me too and he just punched the fucker right into my arm.

Make sure you eat though, I dropped in about five minutes because I hadn't eaten breakfast and woke up with about 12 nurses all jamming cookies in my mouth

A-Smith
05-10-2008, 12:10 AM
theres something about those cookies that arent like normal cookies.

boodige
05-10-2008, 10:15 AM

hahahahahahahaha fucking funny

zoo yorker
05-10-2008, 12:52 PM
It doesn't really affect me to bad, just eat some food.

Bill Cosby
05-10-2008, 04:05 PM
You guys are pussies. Just eat beforehand and you'll be fine. If they don't have someone stupid putting it in, it won't hurt. (that's what she said)

Cosmo
05-10-2008, 04:14 PM
It hurts like a bitch. I had a big muscleman of a doctor jam the needle in me too and he just punched the fucker right into my arm.

Make sure you eat though, I dropped in about five minutes because I hadn't eaten breakfast and woke up with about 12 nurses all jamming cookies in my mouth

Sweet, I'm not gonna eat breakfast when I go.