PDA

View Full Version : another thread on underrated bands

eberg15101
05-03-2008, 08:47 AM
blue oyster cult deserves more credit i believe, their an amazing band but they only have a couple of songs that aree reallly popular, but they deserve so much more than for those few songs

they were around for god knows how long, there first album was in 1972 and there last one was it 1985 or somethin round there

i have nine of their albums, my favorite being mirrors , but theyre amazing like they honestly should be considered gods of rock, like honestly i believe them to be up there in the same league as zeppelin and such , obviously not as good as zeppelin , but pretty damn close

then the second band i would like to rant about would be boston

they only released two albums i think maybe three im pretty sure it was two and then a greatest hits album, downright amazing, like fuckin amazing, like musicly and the sound and techniallly. they just have such great songs slow, soft, fast or hard, all of them are fuckin awesome and they deserve so much more fame then they have or had, theyre music has endured for a long time too,

these are right now two of my top six bands,

commment on there amazing ness, favorite albums , or even argue haha

just thoguht id post somethin cus im bored as hell and listing to music so there yo go

Schism
05-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Thank god someone else who loves the Cult as much as I do!

Blue Oyster Cult is highly underrated, and so is Buck Dharma, even their live shows are absolutely amazing to even watch on youtube!
They're such a versatile band and have been keeping it going for so long.

dain84
05-03-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure Boston was still coming out with cds in the early 90s dude....so they have to have more than two.

EnjoiRider25
05-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I agree with the Cult for sure. But Boston' has 6 albums, five studio, and a greatest hits

Schism
05-03-2008, 12:22 PM
SATURDAY IN THE PARK I THINK IT WAS THE FOURTH OF JULY

a

Emerica
05-03-2008, 01:16 PM
^^^Chicago owns.

Look up Troy's Bucket on Myspace. They're so good. Two Tone Deaf is such a good song.

baker_skater
05-03-2008, 01:19 PM
The Ruts and The Adverts.

Ynot
05-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Clutch doesn't get half the recognition they deserve. they've got over 16 albums and have been around longer that most people on this messageboard have been alive. plus they change their style with each album, instead of just playing it safe and keeping the same sound.

jpharaoh69
05-04-2008, 06:54 AM
return to forever. one of the best jazz fusion bands ever. they did more technical shit in 72-76 then pretty much every band now, yet still sounded so melodic and down right amazing.

eberg15101
05-04-2008, 12:12 PM
by the way im seein blue oyster cult on the 18 of july for freee
heeeeeeeeeelllllllls ya

i just found out there playin at this park that i can walk to and its always freee so hell ya, and then ronnie james dio might be goin there later in the summer , then im either seein judas priest or motley crue, then right before school starts again boston hell ya

and all of theese are free if not cheap so fuck ya for rock n roll

Chupacabra.
05-04-2008, 12:24 PM
How the fuck is Blue Oyster Cult and Boston underrated.
NO question mark necessary, they aren't.

eberg15101
05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
How the fuck is Blue Oyster Cult and Boston underrated.
NO question mark necessary, they aren't.

i see way crappier bands sittin pretty with songs on vh1 classic and everything on all the tv and on the radio all the time, and people make such a big deal about these shitteir bands when they come to town, and when ever some of the greateest bands come up these arent on the list usually but they need to be

im not sayin they dont get a lot of credit they just deserve more

Chupacabra.
05-04-2008, 04:55 PM
So, Just because all the mainstream kids don't like them means they're underrated?

eberg15101
05-04-2008, 05:00 PM
So, Just because all the mainstream kids don't like them means they're underrated?

not even just mainstreem here

im talkin bout vh1 classic, why doesnt blc have a full hour thing on one of their albums, or why arent they the ones wiht old concert footage on tv you know

boston too they should definately have a thing on their self titled album, and then some

they are definatly in the top 10 or eleven greatest rock bands of all time, but no one really know more then godzilla and dont fear the reaper, or (boston now) smokin, and more than a feeling

they just deserve more you catch my drift here>?

Tom_HKD
05-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Clutch doesn't get half the recognition they deserve. they've got over 16 albums and have been around longer that most people on this messageboard have been alive. plus they change their style with each album, instead of just playing it safe and keeping the same sound.

I saw them back in November with the Fall of Troy and Coheed and Cambria. They weren't bad, but I don't know why they were on that tour, they didn't fit in at all.

I think Yes is pretty underrated.

mkcrank mulisha
05-04-2008, 05:08 PM
The Kinks gets nowhere near as much regocnition as the Beatles, stones, or Smiths but they definately had a deep impact in the British invasion. It's just they're so unheard of and underrated.

eberg15101
05-04-2008, 05:16 PM
The Kinks gets nowhere near as much regocnition as the Beatles, stones, or Smiths but they definately had a deep impact in the British invasion. It's just they're so unheard of and underrated.

good point they are great,

just listened to sleep walker album while i was skatin today haha

i forgot about them , wo w they are way to damn underated and have great drinkin/party songs lol

louie louie is my favoirite

mkcrank mulisha
05-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I'd also like to add the Doors to the list. i know they're still hella popular and recognized but so many people I know immediately think of the Who when I mention the Doors. Like honestly, they would have been so much more well known had Morrison not died.

eberg15101
05-04-2008, 05:44 PM
I'd also like to add the Doors to the list. i know they're still hella popular and recognized but so many people I know immediately think of the Who when I mention the Doors. Like honestly, they would have been so much more well known had Morrison not died.

i definately wouldnt say the doors are underated , they are an amazing band, i found a cassete tape of theirs on the side of the road frozen in snow, once i thawed it out it played fine lol, but anywyas thier great but they get about the amount of credit they deserve

Chupacabra.
05-04-2008, 05:52 PM
not even just mainstreem here

im talkin bout vh1 classic, why doesnt blc have a full hour thing on one of their albums, or why arent they the ones wiht old concert footage on tv you know

boston too they should definately have a thing on their self titled album, and then some

they are definatly in the top 10 or eleven greatest rock bands of all time, but no one really know more then godzilla and dont fear the reaper, or (boston now) smokin, and more than a feeling

they just deserve more you catch my drift here>?
No They don't, both bands are generally very highly regarded.

Nesta.
05-04-2008, 06:52 PM
yeah, ive really only heard their song "till the end of the day" but i really like it

Luke is the mountain man
05-04-2008, 08:15 PM

Hell yeah I agree with you. They just played in my city but I didn't get to go because I'm broke as hell but if i would've went it would have been the shit.

Braden Adio skater
05-04-2008, 08:28 PM

mice and gods

Vivica
05-05-2008, 02:17 AM
I can see nowhere else to post this, so i'm posting it here...

How awesome are Flight of The Conchords (www.myspace.com/conchordsnz)?
Listen to Humans are Dead, awesome!

riskitforabiscuit
05-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Finally another Clutch fan.

What do The Who and The Doors have to do with each other? The Doors aren't underrated at all, they still sell tons of records.

Cosmo
05-05-2008, 02:55 AM

Meh, they're okay.

My friends are really into them, but I just don't really feel them, I don't see the funny side of them. And the songs don't sound that good either.

GO-COMMANDO
05-05-2008, 09:44 AM

They just riped off the Barenaked Ladies style except The Barenaked Ladies' songs are actaully pretty catchy.