PDA

View Full Version : Looking to learn bass guitar.

TheRinger
04-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Please, post good guides and tutorials and stuff...also, post up some good valued starter packages and stuff...it will be much appreciated.

Skater_goth
04-20-2008, 07:28 PM
For a bass sarter package I just got a cheap package from ebay, it did well for me. It came with:
-The bass guitar
-bass soft case
-bass amp
-Lead
etc.
I would recommend this, or I would recommend you go to your music shop and see what starter packages they have. Once you get a bass guitar and amp, I say go and learn how to read tab-lature and decide if you are going to take lessons or not.

Tablature is easy to read, well easier then sheet music at least.

EDIT:
http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/406_how-to-play-bass.htm

TheRinger
04-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Well, I've already learned how to read tablature, so I can cross that off the list early.

Skater_goth
04-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Well, I've already learned how to read tablature, so I can cross that off the list early.
yes

riskitforabiscuit
04-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Learn how to read music. Learn as much music theory as you can, it is very valuable.

Bleed the Freak
04-20-2008, 11:37 PM
If you know tabs, then you shouldn't have too much trouble learning bass. I learned, kinda sorta, how to play guitar off just tabs. I'm no good, but I can blame it on me being self taught.

Look on youtube for How To's on songs. I love finding those, they help so much. An easy starter song for bass is definitely Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. There's, what, 4 notes through out the song? Blink-182 is real easy too, but definitely catchy. If someone tells you Blink sucks, they're just afraid to admit that they like them.

www.ultimate-guitar.com is helpful, even thought I only use them for their tabs archive. Download the trial of Guitar Pro, and download songs. maybe like, 7 times out of 10, if you get a 5 star tab, it will include bass tabs in there.