PDA

View Full Version : best bass

Klausfloride
09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
whats a good bass that is under 1000, so whats a good bass tha is....

not a jazz bass
old school look
lots of tone control

just atleast give me a manufacturer

Sk8_n_Azn
09-06-2005, 05:34 PM
fender

Interpol
09-06-2005, 06:12 PM
You could get a Richenbacher bass for about 1000 and you would be very happy with it, my friend gots one and theys is the SHIZnit

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
09-06-2005, 06:33 PM
My P-Bass was only 999$ lol but it has the greatest tone in any bass ive played great low end and perfect high end.

zup
09-07-2005, 09:29 AM
warwick? might only just get under 1000 though ... or a p-bass

Vivica
09-07-2005, 09:32 AM
warwick don't really have an old school look, but they are THE best basses EVER!

you cannot go wrong with a warwick!

Klausfloride
09-07-2005, 11:58 AM
so, basically p-bass warwick or ricjenbacker, or carvin but they expensive. I dojn't like fender, they are very jazz looking, i wanna get a 5-string, and i mean the carvin i want is expensive, so i like the look of carvin.

zup
09-07-2005, 12:00 PM
i played a nice 5 string yamaha once .. not old school looking but it sounded cool

Klausfloride
09-07-2005, 12:05 PM
im thinking of this war wick
http://www.warwickbass.com/basses/_streamer_1_s5.html
it has a nice look and shape, and is suppposely really good sounding, and i heard they stay in tune well.

Vivica
09-07-2005, 01:11 PM
dude warwicks are fucking awesome!

they stay in tune great, they are built REALLY well, they have killer tone, everything about them is sexy!

as Zup has said, yamaha do some VERY nice basses, the bass i use for gigs is a 5 string yamaha bass, and its fucking nice! the only thing i dislike about it is that its action is abit too low for my liking.

the 4 string version of what warwick is in my top 10 favorite basses, but there are much better warwicks than that...

check out the warwick thumb basses, they're fucking sexy! also the corvette range is really good, and are more suited to rock than the thumb basses, which are really designed for funk.

(also Ibanez do a few alright basses, but they're not always well built)

Klausfloride
09-07-2005, 01:25 PM
ya i like the warwicks, but if i can get a deal, ill ge thte carvin lb75 50th anneversery edition ill get it, on ebay its 400, but i have to get 400 in 2 days.

zup
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=592 :O:O i want that! I was planning on buying a J-bass but i didnt know warwicks went that cheap ... ill have to go try one of these out somewhere .. Have been considering a yamaha 5 string after the one i played but i dont really think i need 5 strings (i play alot of diferent stuf from metal to funk to ska to jazz if anyones interested)

[Edited on 9/7/2005 by zup]

Vivica
09-07-2005, 01:39 PM
you'd be in with a good buy with the carvin lb75 as well for sure, but be VERY carefull when buying stuff off eBay, guitars are easy things to fake! i know lots of people who's thought they were buying for example a mexican fender telecaster, but actually got a recent squire tele with a fender kneck smacked on it!

Zup, think carefully about 5 strings, because if you switch between 4 and 5 strings like it do it does do your playing alot of good, but its a pain in the ass!
my peavey 4 string is ok, but i'd take the 5 string yamaha i borrow of our guitarist any day! its got a killer sound!

once i get the money i'm going to invest in a decent bass for myself... only problem is, i know a fair amount about basses... which means i want different basses for different things! i'd love a warwick, but thats on expensive peice of gear!

Klausfloride
09-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Vivica
you'd be in with a good buy with the carvin lb75 as well for sure, but be VERY carefull when buying stuff off eBay, guitars are easy things to fake! i know lots of people who's thought they were buying for example a mexican fender telecaster, but actually got a recent squire tele with a fender kneck smacked on it!

Zup, think carefully about 5 strings, because if you switch between 4 and 5 strings like it do it does do your playing alot of good, but its a pain in the ass!
my peavey 4 string is ok, but i'd take the 5 string yamaha i borrow of our guitarist any day! its got a killer sound!

once i get the money i'm going to invest in a decent bass for myself... only problem is, i know a fair amount about basses... which means i want different basses for different things! i'd love a warwick, but thats on expensive peice of gear!

ya, thats why i hesitatinmg, i might get one fro a store, so i can check it out and i like the action really low