PDA

View Full Version : something i wrote for english class

Ynot
04-15-2008, 06:00 PM
so basically in class, my teacher tells us to do a creative writing piece on the spot, and this is what i came up with, and i just finished it. it was music-related, so i'm posting it here. EDIT:this has no historical value with the actual bands, so if i missed anyone, or put one group before another, please don't take it too seriously.

In the beginning, there was nothing on Earth. Then appeared Led Zeppelin, who came from heaven. Their powerful drumming caused massive earthquakes, making land come out of the Ocean and their guitar solos made nature out of the barren wasteland. Everything was fine, until deep from the pits of hell came Black Sabbath, whose dark lyrics and heavy guitars stripped the nature from the land, causing misery and despair wherever they went. Led Zeppelin was displeased with this and went down to Earth, challenging Black Sabbath to the battle to end all battles. Sabbath was well armed with their Iron Men, but Zeppelin's Black Dogs proved to be a formidable opponent. The world was being split apart and about to be destoyed, until deep from the center of the Earth appeared The Who, whose raging basslines, explosive drumming, and windmill guitars blew Zeppelin back to heaven and Sabbath back to hell. The Who then created My Generation and inspired who they wished to take up their holy instruments. This became known as puck rock. Their simple chords and angry lyrics were heard by those in hell, who appreciated it but wanted something heavier. Influenced by this music these people rose out through the Highway to Hell and started groups such as Motorhead and AC/DC, while Judas Priest brought back the evil sound of Black Sabbath. Meanwhile, in heaven, Led Zeppelin was angered by the sounds coming from Earth. In response to this, they took the brightest stars from the galaxy, and putting them together formed Van Halen. Sent to Earth, their insane guitar work, coupled with their good time vibes, defeated their enemies and sent them back from whence they came. After this Van Halen had many children, such as Motley Crue, Poison, Whitesnake and Quiet Riot. They were given full power of the land, but were only concerned with having Nuthin But a Good Time, ruining the land with endless partying and debochery. It grew to the point where many left Earth and settled in hell. These bands, who were given the powers of fantastic speed from Motorhead and toughness from AC/DC, were named Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax rose out of hell and waged Holy Wars with their counterparts, who in the end were defeated and banished by the Four Horsemen to the ends of the Earth. There was peace in the land once more. But from the darkest parts of the Earth came a force neither heaven nor hell was prepared for. Prophesised by the Great Beatle eons in the past, a force of unimaginable power spread far and wide spread across the land, annihilating everything else in their path. This was Grunge. Led by the Cobain the Great, these rebels rose from the Soundgarden and soon gave rise to a new form, bringing destruction to the land with their melancholy lyrics and screeching guitars. The armies of hell stood no chance against the Alice in Chains, who showed no mercy in devouring them. Soon enough, many of the groups such as Metallica denounced their loyalty to hell swearing allegence to the rebels by toning down their music and cutting their hair. With hell's armies defeated, Grunge soon took a hold of the Earth, with Cobain the Great as their ruler. This; however, proved to be too much for Cobain, who in the eternal search for Nirvana was driven to madness. This led to his eventual demise and soon the downfall of Grunge. Without a leader, each band had to fend for itself and soon faced extinction. The Soundgarden, where Grunge had been spawned clinged to life for a few more years, but eventually uprooted itself and met its demise. The survivors of this tragedy tried to regain their former glory through mimicing their predecessors' sound, but to no avail. Music would never be the same again.

thoughts? opinions?

Schism
04-15-2008, 06:07 PM
No Blue Oyster Cult?

Puck Rock?
I thought it was witty and pretty cool, I didn't like how punk rock and Grunge are so blatantly put in, and isn't nuthin but a good time a motley crue song?

Ah well good stuff.

Ynot
04-15-2008, 06:18 PM
No Blue Oyster Cult?

Puck Rock?
I thought it was witty and pretty cool, I didn't like how punk rock and Grunge are so blatantly put in, and isn't nuthin but a good time a motley crue song?

Ah well good stuff.
not that i hate Blue Oyster Cult, but i don't really see them as a history making band

i do admit i was a little careless with intorducing punk and grunge, but i really just wanted to include them in this

btw, it's a poison song

Schism
04-15-2008, 07:01 PM
not that i hate Blue Oyster Cult, but i don't really see them as a history making band

i do admit i was a little careless with intorducing punk and grunge, but i really just wanted to include them in this

btw, it's a poison song

Ah damn yeah you're right now that I think about it, oh well all that hair metal sounds the same.

But it's Blue Oyster Cult, they could have came from hell and brought Godzilla, and set Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll, and taught preachings Don't Fear The Reaper!

And if it's just history making bands, wheres the Beatles or Hendrix or even Michale Jackson?

Ynot
04-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Ah damn yeah you're right now that I think about it, oh well all that hair metal sounds the same.

But it's Blue Oyster Cult, they could have came from hell and brought Godzilla, and set Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll, and taught preachings Don't Fear The Reaper!

And if it's just history making bands, wheres the Beatles or Hendrix or even Michale Jackson?
oh crap i forgot hendrix. the beatles are there near the end, just not the way the other bands were represented. as for michael jackson, he wouldn't fit in with the other bands.

Ynot
04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
any other thoughts?

mcd
04-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I'd give you an A

Ynot
04-17-2008, 01:04 PM
I'd give you an A
that's nice to hear man, cause when i showed it to my teacher she laughed in my face, haha.

mcd
04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
maybe that's because she liked it?

Ynot
04-17-2008, 05:40 PM
maybe that's because she liked it?
after she read the part about Led Zeppelin, she was like WTF and laughed in my face. fuckin bitch.

Ynot
04-19-2008, 09:10 AM
bump

i want everyone and their grandma to see this

rufus wallaby
04-20-2008, 02:29 PM
most deffinetly worth an A triple plus

Ynot
04-20-2008, 04:21 PM
most deffinetly worth an A triple plus
oh please, please, you give me too little credit

eberg15101
04-20-2008, 05:17 PM
besides some stuff being out of order
i loled and youd have like beyond an a in my class lol

but if you turn in a whole like 9 page story on this it would be amazing ahahaha

Emerica
04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Quick question: Have you heard of paragraphs?