PDA

View Full Version : Which way is better to practice guitar?

Turboz
03-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I know a couple of techniques for guitar like sweep picking, trills, apreggios, etc. Do I either: Practice one technique everyday or do I practice all of them each day for smaller amount of time though?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-26-2008, 01:52 PM
I'd practice all of them everyday.

B-Dawg
03-26-2008, 02:29 PM
I practice a litle bit of everything each day

tubbyturd
03-26-2008, 06:09 PM
I think it depends on your practice schedule, really. If I'm short on time I practice a little of everything -- when I'm going to be playing for a bit longer I focus on the harder things for a bit longer.

Tony
03-27-2008, 04:46 AM
I usually practice everything a bit, but concentrate on alternate picking the most. Practice those techniques the most that you find the most challenging, easier techniques you don't need as much of practice so you can play those harder ones more, but keep working on every aspect a little. We have enough sweep picking-shredders who can't pick.

Airzzy515
03-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Practice what you find hardest the most, for instance, if your fretting hand isn't great then spend some time going over some scales or a solo that has bits you might find useful. If you can, draw up a schedule, it fucking dull but it'll get the job done.