Gibson_SG
03-19-2008, 07:27 AM
on this day in 1982, Randy Rhoads died at the age of 25. R.I.P

Dying_To_Live
03-19-2008, 07:41 AM
who?

Vivica
03-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Guitarist from Quiet Riot and Ozzy's solo works during his time away from Black Sabbath.
He has numerous famous signature guitars that you'd probably recognise.

Some people have no education these days...

Chupacabra.
03-19-2008, 08:07 AM
So, he was the guitarist for Black Sabbath after Ozzy left?

Vivica
03-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Ozzy wasn't the guitarist, he was their front man, until he was kicked out for his drug habbits. He did later come back to the band a few years later, after the Live Evil album.

Rhoads was in a band called Quiet Riot, but also played with Ozzy on his earlier solo works, such as Blizzard of Oz (the only solo album of his that i have...).
Before obviously dying a horrible (he it rather rock and roll) death, cutting his music carrier short.

Obviously on his more recently solo material he's used other guitarists such as Zak Wylde (i may have spelt that wrong).

The mans V is truely iconic.

Schism
03-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Ah R.I.P A true legend, amazing musician.

I think I might sit around and play my Rhoads all day.

Chupacabra.
03-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Ozzy wasn't the guitarist, he was their front man, until he was kicked out for his drug habbits. He did later come back to the band a few years later, after the Live Evil album.

Rhoads was in a band called Quiet Riot, but also played with Ozzy on his earlier solo works, such as Blizzard of Oz (the only solo album of his that i have...).
Before obviously dying a horrible (he it rather rock and roll) death, cutting his music carrier short.

Obviously on his more recently solo material he's used other guitarists such as Zak Wylde (i may have spelt that wrong).

The mans V is truely iconic.
Ahh, I know Ozzy wasn't the guitarist. I have not much knowledge of older rock but I'm not that ignorant.
I'll look him up on Wikipedia, sounds kind of interesting.

Schism
03-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Some of his better works, songs like Crazy Train, Mr Crowley and the Always beautiful acoustic song Dee <333

Chupacabra.
03-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Death
Rhoads' tomb, San Bernardino, Calif.
Rhoads' tomb, San Bernardino, Calif.

On March 19, 1982, the band was headed to a festival in Orlando, Florida. After driving much of the night, they stopped at the house of Jerry Calhoun, the bus company's owner, in Leesburg, Florida. The driver, Andrew Aycock, took Rhoads and hairdresser Rachel Youngblood on a flight in a Beechcraft Bonanza he had taken without permission. Apparently, during the flight, an attempt was made to "buzz" the tour bus where the other band members were sleeping.[2] They succeeded two times but the third time it went horribly wrong. The right wing clipped the right side of the tour bus by accident, leading to the crash of the plane into Calhoun's nearby mansion, completely destroying its front. Nobody in the mansion was hurt. Rhoads, age 25, was killed instantly, as were Aycock, 36, and Youngblood, 58. It was later determined in an autopsy that Aycock had a trace of cocaine in his system at the time; Rhoads' toxicology test revealed no illicit drugs.

So, Hold up, Is this saying that they were in a plane and they were flying so low to the ground that they hit the fucking bus?!
Wow...

Schism
03-19-2008, 11:25 AM
So, Hold up, Is this saying that they were in a plane and they were flying so low to the ground that they hit the fucking bus?!
Wow...

The driver was showing off by buzzing the tour bus where Ozzy and etc were sleeping.

Chupacabra.
03-19-2008, 11:33 AM
The driver was showing off by buzzing the tour bus where Ozzy and etc were sleeping.
Ya.
Well, That sucks dick.

Tony
03-19-2008, 11:55 AM
R.I.P. indeed, I feel like listening Mr Crowley.

Gibson_SG
03-20-2008, 05:14 PM
beautiful acoustic song Dee <333

amazing song. 49 seconds of perfection