PDA

View Full Version : Death Metal!!!

AngelOfDeath
03-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Any other death metal fans here? Post your favourite bands.

Carcass

Morbid Angel

Death

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Severed Savior
Deeds Of Flesh
Viral Load
Disgorge
Dying Fetus
Necrophagist
Suffocastion
Deicide
Vital Remains
Defeated Sanity
Origin
Unmerciful
Inveracity
Decrepit Birth
Insidious Decrepancy
Malignancy
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Gorgasm
Kataklysm
Braindrill
Vulnus

Lots more I can't remember right now.

AngelOfDeath
03-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Severed Savior
Deeds Of Flesh
Viral Load
Disgorge
Dying Fetus
Necrophagist
Suffocastion
Deicide
Vital Remains
Defeated Sanity
Origin
Unmerciful
Inveracity
Decrepit Birth
Insidious Decrepancy
Malignancy
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Gorgasm
Kataklysm
Braindrill
Vulnus

Nice to see someone with good taste for a change. =)

kag123
03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm really into necrophagist, Cannibal corpse (of course. But more older stuff than newer). and Dying fetus At the moment.

I've been listening to allot more thrash lately though.

GO-COMMANDO
03-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't really listen to death metal anymore but some bands I still play are; Bolt Thrower, Gnostic, and Atheist.

Tony
03-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Children of Bodom, has been cathegorized as melodic death metal.

The best death metal ever.

Gibson_SG
03-14-2008, 05:54 PM

QFT!!!

blackgoat
03-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Any other death metal fans here? Post your favourite bands.

Carcass

Morbid Angel

Death
Are you asking me? Haha.
Death metal is my life, And so is black metal

blackgoat
03-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Severed Savior
Deeds Of Flesh
Viral Load
Disgorge
Dying Fetus
Necrophagist
Suffocastion
Deicide
Vital Remains
Defeated Sanity
Origin
Unmerciful
Inveracity
Decrepit Birth
Insidious Decrepancy
Malignancy
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Gorgasm
Kataklysm
Braindrill
Vulnus

Ha. Suffocastion...................................... ....
I'll add more to his list (I'll include Melodic Death):
Severed Savior
Deeds Of Flesh
Viral Load
Disgorge
Dying Fetus
Necrophagist
Suffocation
Deicide
Vital Remains
Defeated Sanity
Origin
Unmerciful
Inveracity
Decrepit Birth
Insidious Decrepancy
Malignancy
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Gorgasm
Kataklysm
Braindrill
Vulnus
Aborted
8 foot sativa
Akercocke
Zyklon
Wintersun
Visceral bleeding
Amon Amarth
Goatwhore
Atheist
Hate Eternal
Hypocrisy
Behemoth (Later albums and stuff)
Incantation
Belphegor
Carcass
Cephalic Carnage
Monstrosity
Children of bodom
Therion
Opeth
Morbid Angel
At the gates
Daath
Napalm death
Mortification
Dark tranquility
Soilwork
Divine Heresy
Obituary
Psycroptic
Scar Symmetry
Death
Decapitated
Vader
Six feet under
Scar symmetry
Skinless
brujeria
entombed
Septic flesh
Eucharist

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-14-2008, 10:51 PM

imo COB is nowhere near death metal, and nowhere near "the best death metal ever". And my reasons being, cob have no blast beats, no death metal vocals, and have a style that fits a heavier version of power metal rather than death metal. So you're opinion is pretty retarded and invalid. Keep in mind thats my opinion. But I am also a very deep death metal listener and observer, and I see absolutely no relation to COB and death metal.

blackgoat
03-14-2008, 11:01 PM
imo COB is nowhere near death metal, and nowhere near "the best death metal ever". And my reasons being, cob have no blast beats, no death metal vocals, and have a style that fits a heavier version of power metal rather than death metal. So you're opinion is pretty retarded and invalid. Keep in mind thats my opinion. But I am also a very deep death metal listener and observer, and I see absolutely no relation to COB and death metal.
In my opinion, COB is power metal.

Tony
03-15-2008, 02:18 AM
You're both fucking retarded, and that's not my opinion but a fact.

First, the most OBVIOUS sign of power metal is mostly used power chords only, and the root being wanked with 16th notes. I don't see CoB doing this, they have really complex riffs and a heavier darker sound. And I'm sure you both know power metal is characterized with clean singing, CoB doesn't sound very clean to me. Calling Children of Bodom power metal is like calling DragonForce progressive metal.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine, what would you know about power metal, you don't even listen to it. I've heard shitloads of people say Bodom are either Heavy or Death metal, and the fact they don't play some fucking random riffs on a chomatic scales but Laiho writes amazing melodies into their songs makes it melodic.

So you're opinion is pretty retarded and invalid.
So I'm an opinion that is retarded and invalid? Nice making a retarded mistake in a post calling someone else retard, spread the irony.

blackgoat
03-15-2008, 05:33 AM

First, the most OBVIOUS sign of power metal is mostly used power chords only, and the root being wanked with 16th notes. I don't see CoB doing this, they have really complex riffs and a heavier darker sound. And I'm sure you both know power metal is characterized with clean singing, CoB doesn't sound very clean to me. Calling Children of Bodom power metal is like calling DragonForce progressive metal.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine, what would you know about power metal, you don't even listen to it. I've heard shitloads of people say Bodom are either Heavy or Death metal, and the fact they don't play some fucking random riffs on a chomatic scales but Laiho writes amazing melodies into their songs makes it melodic.

So I'm an opinion that is retarded and invalid? Nice making a retarded mistake in a post calling someone else retard, spread the irony.
We're not.
Well as you see, CoB uses power chords dumbass, It's obvious. Nevermind if you don't wanna listen, I'm not forcing you to. Oh I see, You're just 15, You still need to expand your musical knowledge.
Can't you hear how CoB's riffs sound? It sounds like POWER CHORDS and I know that Alexi's riffs sounds melodic too. Alright so the band's musical style can be described as a cross between melodic death and power metal, no more argument and never call me retarded. PERIOD

Tony
03-15-2008, 05:57 AM
We're not.
Well as you see, CoB uses power chords dumbass, It's obvious. Nevermind if you don't wanna listen, I'm not forcing you to. Oh I see, You're just 15, You still need to expand your musical knowledge.
Can't you hear how CoB's riffs sound? It sounds like POWER CHORDS and I know that Alexi's riffs sounds melodic too. Alright so the band's musical style can be described as a cross between melodic death and power metal, no more argument and never call me retarded. PERIOD
Me? Expand musical knowledge? Heh, look who's talking. If you'd know better, you'd know that every single metal cathegory uses power chords, that's not what I mean. You could read my last post again, I clearly said that power metal uses power chords in a way of wanking the root note in 16th notes. I don't see CoB doing this in every song of theirs. Even Dream Theater uses power chords, are they power metal too?

Period my ass, calling Children of Bodom power metal is a disgrace, bet neither of you could say it straight at Alexi's face. You do know he himself described them being only heavy metal right, whether I'm wrong about them being melodic death metal band or not, it would still prove you wrong about them being power metal.

And who gives a fucking damn about what cathegory they fall into, their music rocks.

Ps. What does me being 15 have anything to do with the subject? Pathetic attempt at insult.

blackgoat
03-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Me? Expand musical knowledge? Heh, look who's talking. If you'd know better, you'd know that every single metal cathegory uses power chords, that's not what I mean. You could read my last post again, I clearly said that power metal uses power chords in a way of wanking the root note in 16th notes. I don't see CoB doing this in every song of theirs. Even Dream Theater uses power chords, are they power metal too?

Period my ass, calling Children of Bodom power metal is a disgrace, bet neither of you could say it straight at Alexi's face. You do know he himself described them being only heavy metal right, whether I'm wrong about them being melodic death metal band or not, it would still prove you wrong about them being power metal.

And who gives a fucking damn about what cathegory they fall into, their music rocks.

Ps. What does me being 15 have anything to do with the subject? Pathetic attempt at insult.
Okay then, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Bodom
And yeah, I agree.

Tony
03-15-2008, 06:05 AM
So we were all right and wrong at the same time? Well that's a weird end to a debate.

This argument was very pointless in the beginning anyway. I don't get it why Rattm started calling me retarded for liking Children of Bodom though, maybe he holds a grudge for me from something I dunno and don't care.

blackgoat
03-15-2008, 06:09 AM
So we were all right and wrong at the same time? Well that's a weird end to a debate.

This argument was very pointless in the beginning anyway. I don't get it why Rattm started calling me retarded for liking Children of Bodom though, maybe he holds a grudge for me from something I dunno and don't care.
It's because he's mentally disturbed. Haha! Nah! Just kidding.
I don't know why he called you retarded.

Tony
03-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Their new album has some of the best Bodom stuff I've heard, Banned from Heaven hit me in the head with a hammer. To be honest I thought Aleksi wouldn't have much ideas left anymore after years of doing it and this album would be bad, but he showed me big time. I underestimated his melodic ear.

blackgoat
03-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Their new album has some of the best Bodom stuff I've heard, Banned from Heaven hit me in the head with a hammer. To be honest I thought Aleksi wouldn't have much ideas left anymore after years of doing it and this album would be bad, but he showed me big time. I underestimated his melodic ear.
Bloddrunk? It's pretty dope, but I didn't like the song Bloddrunk

kag123
03-15-2008, 07:51 AM
I can easily say that CoB is not death metal. I wouldn't say exactly what sub genre I would put them in, but not death metal for sure.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-15-2008, 08:27 AM

Maybe if you look up wikipedia and listen harder to COB and actual death metal, you'll tell the difference. They are considered to be in the power metal arena just as much as they are considered to be in the melodic death arena. None of which are connected to actual death metal, imo.
I hear a ton more power metal influence way more than I hear any death metal influence, and their characteristic lean more to my belief, everywhere from their heavy use of keyboards, solos almost every other part, and no death metal vocals, no blast beats and drum beats that fit alot of power metal I listen to.
I am not the only one who considers them more of a power metal band, do some fuckin research.

Wait, what? I don't listen to power metal? How do you know? Seriously, what a dumb thing to say. I listen to a bit of everything and observe every part of it. Obviously I am not a huge power metal fan, but that doesn't take away from the fact I know what it is, how its done, and the characteristics.
And in my knowledge and observation, I base that opinion on COB. I see no musical relation between them and death metal. I don't hear death metal in their vocals, I don't hear death metal in the guitars, I don't hear death metal in the drums, and the keyboards and how they're used confirm all of that. Thats my opinion, take it or leave it.

Point out where I called you a "retard". I never called you a retard once. I called your opinion retarded because you called "COB the best death metal ever" and they are nowhere near actual death metal. If you can listen to Suffocation and then COB and point out the musical similarities and prove it in detail, then I'll believe you. I am sure you cant. Calling COB the greatest death metal is like calling Pink Floyd the greatest rock n roll.

Tony
03-16-2008, 01:24 AM
I can easily say that CoB is not death metal. I wouldn't say exactly what sub genre I would put them in, but not death metal for sure.

Check the Wikipedia link Blackgoat posted.

Rattm:
I don't care enough to read. If I do have to say something about CoB, I don't consider any band screaming like Laiho a power metal band, since isn't power metal characterized with clean high singing? We already settled the subject with Blackgoat, and in the end:
http://static.flickr.com/75/195983063_e380efd610.jpg

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Check the Wikipedia link Blackgoat posted.

Rattm:
I don't care enough to read. If I do have to say something about CoB, I don't consider any band screaming like Laiho a power metal band, since isn't power metal characterized with clean high singing? We already settled the subject with Blackgoat, and in the end:
http://static.flickr.com/75/195983063_e380efd610.jpg

So its not power metal because the vocals aren't clean, but its death metal even though they don't do blast beats or use death metal vocals? I just can't wrap my mind around your logic.

Sounds like you're done though.

Popwar Pill
03-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Why the fuck do you guys care about genres that badly? To me it's either metal or metalcore, hardcore, or grindcore, there's no point in arguing over what's power, heavy, death, doom, gloom and all those other sub genres. All it's going to cause is arguments. Alexi even said himself he doesn't consider COB to be power,death,speed,melodic or anything like that...he said it's just fucking metal.

AngelOfDeath
03-16-2008, 08:17 AM
I say their CoB. Done.

Tony
03-16-2008, 10:11 AM

This is my logic.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-16-2008, 10:13 PM
This is my logic.

Hahaha after you spend time argueing how they are death metal and unrelated to power metal.

Tony
03-17-2008, 01:36 AM
Hahaha after you spend time argueing how they are death metal and unrelated to power metal.

You're the one that started it remember?

Shut up.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-17-2008, 04:53 AM

Shut up.

Actually you did by claiming COB the "greatest death metal". Way to be wrong twice.

Tony
03-17-2008, 04:54 AM
Actually you did by claiming COB the "greatest death metal". Way to be wrong twice.
I stated my opinion you started the argument quoting my post.

But whatever if me admitting being wrong makes you happy or whatnot then so be it, you're right.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-17-2008, 05:37 AM
I stated my opinion you started the argument quoting my post.

But whatever if me admitting being wrong makes you happy or whatnot then so be it, you're right.

That wasn't so hard was it? Besides, its a forum, gives you a reason to bitch and argue.

V3
03-17-2008, 06:05 AM
I just read this whole arguement.

Devil Driver

Scatman
03-17-2008, 09:42 AM
stfu. CoB owns and thats it.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-17-2008, 10:54 AM
stfu. CoB owns and thats it.

I bet you wouldn't feel that way if they weren't as well known as they are now. Thats where alot of my hatred for this band comes in. Everyone hails them "one of the greatest metal bands" but I know for a fact that about 50% of the time its because they are one of the few metal bands they are even aware of. And I say that based on the fact almost every fan I've personally talked to has never heard of Testament or Wintersun. I also speak from experience because I used to be that exact way. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are they a bad band, they are carried way more by their fame and how far their record label made them rather than just their music.

Tony
03-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Did he start the argument this time?

I've heard of Wintersun (obviously) and Testament, Bodom is still better in my books.

EDIT:
I'll just tell you something. I find it weird everytime you see someone complimenting something about some band starts the screw off with "omg it's not this and that genre", and in the end not many people care. Sometimes it's just good to let them think what they want to.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Sometimes it's just good to let them think what they want to.

Leave it to you to defend ignorance.

I don't have to be a decent person on the fuckin internet. Forums are meant to bitch and argue on, get used to the idea. Yes, as an avid metal fan, if someone is ignorant about the genre, I'll set it straight, or even if its just my opinion. I have that right as a user on an internet messageboard.

Tony
03-17-2008, 11:38 AM
If you hear music.

You know it sounds good, that's awesome.

The end. I really hate you fucking every single dot you can find. It'd be cool if there actually was a cool subject to argue over, but I think this seems so depressingly boring. I enjoy meaningful arguments, but this is random wankage over boredom.

kag123
03-17-2008, 02:08 PM
This is my logic.

Shut up.

Haha, either if he started it or not you still continued to argue claiming it was death metal then turning around saying "that's my logic".

JerseySucks
03-17-2008, 02:42 PM
I bet you wouldn't feel that way if they weren't as well known as they are now. Thats where alot of my hatred for this band comes in. Everyone hails them "one of the greatest metal bands" but I know for a fact that about 50% of the time its because they are one of the few metal bands they are even aware of. And I say that based on the fact almost every fan I've personally talked to has never heard of Testament or Wintersun. I also speak from experience because I used to be that exact way. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are they a bad band, they are carried way more by their fame and how far their record label made them rather than just their music.

Wahhhhh, they're popular, wahhhhh. Your ''hatred'' for this band, grow up. It seems as if you get way too worked up over stupid shit.

To respond to the point of this thread, I barely listen to any death metal, just some melodic death or whatever like At The Gates, Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, Wintersun, and Bodom (omg nawt death.)

blackgoat
03-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Death Metal:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Biulo9IZOAU
Melodic Death metal:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e-UbViuK4fY

COMPARE

Cannibal Corpse (Death Metal):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw

Children of Bodom (Undefined)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IDxFGnVxFmE&feature=related

Tony
03-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Haha, either if he started it or not you still continued to argue claiming it was death metal then turning around saying "that's my logic".

I sense some mod-dick riding.

It's not like I said in the same post "This is my logic, I end the conversation", thus your post doesn't make sense. And note that we didn't discuss about who's going on, we discussed about who started.

Like we can't just agree CoB is good and let it be. Arguing over taste of music or something like that is retarded. If you so badly want to argue about the genre of the band which is somewhat irrelevant to the level of music they make, go here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/children-bodom-84/

Please? :-)

Banana Terrocotta Pie
03-18-2008, 06:34 AM
The only death metal bands I really like are Suicide Silence, We are The End, and Cannibal Corpse.

kag123
03-18-2008, 07:38 AM
I sense some mod-dick riding.

I completely ignored your post after this. Why? Because I now dub you an official fucking idiot.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Like we can't just agree CoB is good and let it be. Arguing over taste of music or something like that is retarded.

I never stated COB was bad, and our initial argument was over whether they are death metal or not.

It had potential to be a decent argument, but you pussied out by having no way to prove what you stated, so now you have resort to "this is retarded" or "arguing on the internet is retarded", which is basically the same as "I lost, so now I well gain back dignity by saying how retarded internet debates are". I hear it all the time. And you don't end at just that.. now you have to make yourself sound like some good guy by saying "can't we all just agree that COB is good?" which has absolutely no relevance to anything we were arguing about.

You're boring.

Tony
03-18-2008, 10:41 AM
You're boring.
I guess whe do have something in common.

I seem not to be boring enough to keep you in this "argument" though. I don't really give a shit.

Vivica
03-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Tony, if there's one thing i learned on SBC in my first year, it was not to even bother arguing with RATTM...
The guy makes a lot of sense at times, i realize this now, but try getting him to change his point of view and you may as well try making love to a razor blade :-D

To throw in my 2 pence... I wouldn't rate COB as death, not by a long shot.

Tony
03-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Tony, if there's one thing i learned on SBC in my first year, it was not to even bother arguing with RATTM...
The guy makes a lot of sense at times, i realize this now, but try getting him to change his point of view and you may as well try making love to a razor blade :-D

Yeah well he can hold his opinion no matter what it is, I just wanna keep mine no matter what he thinks of it. He's the one that started to whine me about mine.

JerseySucks
03-18-2008, 11:57 AM
It's funny how much better that melodic death song was than the regular death song. And of course CoB pwns Cannibal Corpse.

And RATTM, who really gives a flying fuck about that argument. It's not a personal issue, and you aren't arguing about politics, religion, current events, or anything important. You are arguing over what genre Children of Bodom goes into, find something more constructive to do.

Zemba
03-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Tony likes to argue, and half the time is about gay stuff like that.

I wouldn't of even of bothered, just let him keep twidling his thumbs and bask in his own glory

Tony
03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
And RATTM, who really gives a flying fuck about that argument. It's not a personal issue, and you aren't arguing about politics, religion, current events, or anything important. You are arguing over what genre Children of Bodom goes into, find something more constructive to do.
Yeah, that's kinda how I also view the situation here. I just don't feel like arguing over something as small as that anymore, as we did actually settle the thing with blackgoat already.

Also this is just golden what we needed here, Zemba to make more constructive posts about me. Your contribution to this thread is a short pathetic post claiming something you don't have anything but the word of your internet-/SB-C-buddies to base on. And even with that, it'd just be an opinion of me among others. You really have to get into every thread I argue in just to remind how "full of myself" I always am even if I did nothing?

Well, I hope you can find inner peace, I really do.

Zemba
03-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Are you fucking serious?

Your a 15 year old kid thinking you are the shit cuz you been here for three years.

Uh oh, your soooo cool.

I give no one respect here thats under 16 unless they have proven to me otherwise

/fail

ruckus.
03-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Guys, you know I love you all. But please just stop arguing about this. What genre Children of Bodom fits into is one of those arguments that has been going on for a while.

Tony - Technically, no. They're not really death metal. But the fact that you feel so passionately about your music is a good thing. RATTM has been around the metal block, so to speak. He knows his shit. He's not saying that COB is bad, he's just a little bit touchy when it comes to the subject. Be the bigger man and just forget about it.

RATTM - Come on, does it really matter that much? I know you know better than everyone what it's like to be a fledgling metal baby, and that the knowledge comes with time. Tony thinks Children of Bodom is the best death metal band ever, which is perhaps naive, but people have thought stupider, more harmful things.

"Let's go kill all the Jews!"
"The world is most definately flat."
"I'm going to go stick my dick in this vacuum cleaner!"

Just stop the bickering. You're both right, in your own way. Metal expands to fit.

Now:

Deeds Of Flesh
Dying Fetus
Severed Savior
Necrophagist
Deicide
Vital Remains
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Kataklysm
Wintersun
Suffocation
Amon Amarth
Atheist
Hate Eternal
Hypocrisy
Behemoth
Incantation
Carcass
Cephalic Carnage
Opeth
Morbid Angel
Napalm death
Dark Tranquility
Obituary
Death
Decapitated
Six Feet Under

Yeah!

JerseySucks
03-18-2008, 01:28 PM
but people have thought stupider, more harmful things.

"Let's go kill all the Jews!"
"The world is most definately flat."
"I'm going to go stick my dick in this vacuum cleaner!"

Just stop the bickering. You're both right, in your own way. Metal expands to fit.

Hahaha, <3 you ruckus.

Among The Living
03-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Lykathea Aflame is the best death metal band ever.

Tony
03-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Are you fucking serious?

Your a 15 year old kid thinking you are the shit cuz you been here for three years.

Uh oh, your soooo cool.

I give no one respect here thats under 16 unless they have proven to me otherwise

/fail
Oh, how delightful, I happen to turn 16 today. What's your offence now?

I don't think I'm cool, I just don't like you. You made yourself look like shit in the programming thread and called every member been here for smaller amount of time than you a noob in one phase, so now you can't let me post in any thread without you coming and whining about me. I already told you once, but I feel that all us people are equal, I hope you actually read it this time.

Also, I do remember you talking shit to some member about how he's never been in a fight and you're so tough. E-badass anyone? I'd actually like to see you answer to these points I make without repeating yourself and calling me shit in your every post. I don't need your respect.

And ruckus, if you say so I'll just forget it. It is my birthday after all.

ruckus.
03-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Good!

Everybody make love, make love.

Tony
03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I won't fight about the death metal issue anymore but I'm again finding myself with Zemba not answering my post after making some shit claims. Probably proof that he doesn't have anything to base them on.

How's it Zemba?

Among The Living
03-21-2008, 10:48 AM
I won't fight about the death metal issue anymore but I'm again finding myself with Zemba not answering my post after making some shit claims. Probably proof that he doesn't have anything to base them on.

How's it Zemba?

Dude, just drop it. If he couldn't respond, it's probably cecause he came up with lame answers.

Just assume victory for now.

blackgoat
03-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah, Like as you said man,
Arguing/fighting/bitching over the internet is like special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded, Hella true bro.

Tony
03-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Dude, just drop it. If he couldn't respond, it's probably cecause he came up with lame answers.

Just assume victory for now.
Yes I know, but I'm very irritated by the fact that this is already the second time he talked shit about me then I came up with a post that clearly showed him the shit he's talking about isn't true, and he won't respond in any way.

So I guess, victory.

Leftwinga03
03-21-2008, 01:40 PM
soooo...anyway how about that dethklok? they may be virtual, but their music owns

And on the subject of CoB, they sound like death/thrash metal lyrics, but dragonforce (power metal) instumentals....so i dont know who is right...

http:/ /en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Bodom

Wiki classifies them as both power/speed metal and melodic death metal

gorgoroth
03-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Gorgoroth ( obviously )
Cannibal Corpse
Behemoth
Amon Amarth
Nile
Satyricon
Dimmu Borgir ( though they are considered as symphonic metal, but some still think they're death, you decide )
Obituary

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Gorgoroth ( obviously )
Cannibal Corpse
Behemoth
Amon Amarth
Nile
Satyricon
Dimmu Borgir ( though they are considered as symphonic metal, but some still think they're death, you decide )
Obituary

Gorgoroth is black metal..

And Dimmu Borgir is just metal that doesn't fit in either the black metal or death metal category.

baker_straight-
03-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Behemoth is pretty good. im not much for death metal though.

kag123
03-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Rick roll is my fav death metal artist though.

Among The Living
03-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Well since I never gave a list.....

Vital Remains
Impaled
Regurgitate
Carcass
Vader
Lykathea Aflame
Obscura
Hyems
Dying Fetus

More later.

JerseySucks
03-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Engorged is pretty sweet.

blackgoat
03-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Severed Savior
Deeds Of Flesh
Viral Load
Disgorge
Dying Fetus
Necrophagist
Suffocation
Deicide
Vital Remains
Defeated Sanity
Origin
Unmerciful
Inveracity
Decrepit Birth
Insidious Decrepancy
Malignancy
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Gorgasm
Kataklysm
Braindrill
Vulnus
Aborted
8 foot sativa
Akercocke
Zyklon
Wintersun
Visceral bleeding
Amon Amarth
Goatwhore
Atheist
Hate Eternal
Hypocrisy
Behemoth (Later albums and stuff)
Incantation
Belphegor
Carcass
Cephalic Carnage
Monstrosity
Children of bodom
Therion
Opeth
Morbid Angel
At the gates
Daath
Napalm death
Mortification
Dark tranquility
Soilwork
Divine Heresy
Obituary
Psycroptic
Scar Symmetry
Death
Decapitated
Vader
Six feet under
Scar symmetry
Skinless
brujeria
entombed
Septic flesh
Eucharist
Armageddon
Carnage
Krisiun
Cynic
Grotesque
Norther
Killwhitneydead (Band name is gay)
Necrophobic

codyguy
03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
i've truly gotten bored of death metal. right now it's all about post-rock, stoner metal (if that counts as a genre) and the mars volta.

FearFactory
03-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Death & Black metal ruined my life- Haha

I mean it made me into a loser last year. I would just sit around at 3 am searching and listening to these bands

I still like Vital Remains, Decide, Black Dahlia Murder, Necrophagist and my personal fave. = NILE!!

magic mushroom
03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
woah, no one's said slayer yet?? shiiiiiiiiit.

if slayer aren't "technically death metal," stfu, there's no way i have or am going to spend my time learning the characteristics of a set of genres in which i only like a few bands at most.

blackgoat
03-22-2008, 04:31 AM
woah, no one's said slayer yet?? shiiiiiiiiit.

if slayer aren't "technically death metal," stfu, there's no way i have or am going to spend my time learning the characteristics of a set of genres in which i only like a few bands at most.
Slayer is thrash metal. Just correcting you. You don't need to reply.

Marevix
03-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Wintersun

You might as well call Stratovarius death metal while you're at it.

Tony
03-22-2008, 09:02 AM

I love this guy.

JerseySucks
03-22-2008, 09:04 AM
IDK, wintersun's vocalist has some brutal growling.

Marevix
03-22-2008, 09:08 AM
IDK, wintersun's vocalist has some brutal growling.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=igkzTGsqMQU

=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fTpQOZcNASw

?

JerseySucks
03-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I was joking bro? Thought that was pretty obvious.

thejoelmister
03-22-2008, 09:16 AM
mine as well listen to some guy screaming randomly banging a a metal trash can with a stick

Marevix
03-22-2008, 09:17 AM
I was joking bro? Thought that was pretty obvious.

So was I.

blackgoat
03-22-2008, 10:10 AM
The hell?
I included MeloDeath in my list, Wintersun is somehow melodic death.
Stratovarius cannot be called DEATH METAL/Melodeath.
And what the hell are you talking about "You might as well call Stratovarius death metal while you're at it."?
What are you trying to say.

Marevix
03-22-2008, 11:38 AM
The hell?
I included MeloDeath in my list, Wintersun is somehow melodic death.
Stratovarius cannot be called DEATH METAL/Melodeath.
And what the hell are you talking about "You might as well call Stratovarius death metal while you're at it."?
What are you trying to say.

Melodeath, as far as I'm concerned, is stuff like Amorphis and Quo Vadis. Wintersun, CoB, and the like are actually far more similar to power metal (such as Stratovarius) - hence my comment. Death metal bands aren't exactly known for making slow, melodic songs with clean singing.

blackgoat
03-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Melodeath, as far as I'm concerned, is stuff like Amorphis and Quo Vadis. Wintersun, CoB, and the like are actually far more similar to power metal (such as Stratovarius) - hence my comment. Death metal bands aren't exactly known for making slow, melodic songs with clean singing.
Yeah I know, But Wintersun can also be labeled as Melodic Death atleast.
But nevermind, fuck labels.

5deckollie
03-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Why the fuck do you guys care about genres that badly? To me it's either metal or metalcore, hardcore, or grindcore, there's no point in arguing over what's power, heavy, death, doom, gloom and all those other sub genres. All it's going to cause is arguments. Alexi even said himself he doesn't consider COB to be power,death,speed,melodic or anything like that...he said it's just fucking metal.

yeaaa, i was gunna say pretty much exactly that. its a stupid ass arguement.

Evil_Hobo
03-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Children of Bodom and Cradle of Filth

blackgoat
03-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Children of Bodom and Cradle of Filth
Cool.

gorgoroth
03-25-2008, 08:13 AM
I can't see Children of Bodom as death metal. Its melodic death metal, but in my opinion it just dosen't match the "death metal" tag...