PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Bass Cover

The_Q
03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I just started playing bass a few days ago, and this is something I've always wanted to play. I'm working on playing it faster, but yeah here you go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rmHSeb8tA0

Chump Champ
03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Niceee

Chip_Hanna
03-09-2008, 08:57 PM
I wanna learn that song now haha, I've been playing the bass for almost a year.

XCorrupTX
03-09-2008, 09:00 PM
cool, i wish i could start playin bass

Almost2
03-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Nice. Do you play without a pick as well? If you dont, dont limit your playing style just to using a pick. It's sorta looked down upon in the bass playing world.

Skater_goth
03-09-2008, 11:36 PM
okey dokey, that was really good for only playing for a few days or so.
But learn it without a pick.

and give me the tab to that, it seems fun to play man.

The_Q
03-10-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm working on playing without a pick, but since I just started playing it still doesn't sound/feel too good, not to mention it comes out pretty sloppy. Here's the tab I used, there are some parts that don't exactly sound right though.

http://www.bassmasta.net/t/theme_song/143000.html

Reflection17
03-10-2008, 03:57 AM
That's pretty good. Did you play electric before you started playing bass?

rippen in da mitten
03-10-2008, 04:10 AM
not bad bro

Tony
03-10-2008, 05:43 AM
I'd say if you have to use pick, at least alternate pick, it'll be a dozen times easier to do those slightly faster parts. Fingers are the way to go though.

Cool video, nice job.

blackgoat
03-10-2008, 06:15 AM
I'd say if you have to use pick, at least alternate pick, it'll be a dozen times easier to do those slightly faster parts. Fingers are the way to go though.

Cool video, nice job.
Hey Tony, ever been to lake bodom?

The_Q, Nice job asshole. Just keep your timing more consistent. Sup haha

Tony
03-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Hey Tony, ever been to lake bodom?

No, I should visit it though just for CoB. Did the band get its name from the raw murders that happened there or just the lake? It wasn't many years ago when this guy was in court accused of murdering those children, but he didn't go to jail people believed he didn't do it.

When I first read your post quickly I thought you were talking about the song hah.

blackgoat
03-10-2008, 06:51 AM
No, I should visit it though just for CoB. Did the band get its name from the raw murders that happened there or just the lake? It wasn't many years ago when this guy was in court accused of murdering those children, but he didn't go to jail people believed he didn't do it.

When I first read your post quickly I thought you were talking about the song hah.
Yeah they got it from Lake Bodom and the children who got killed in Lake bodom. It's like a dedication to them hahaha. WTF.
You should visit it, and get killed too? haha

The_Q
03-10-2008, 02:48 PM
It sounds much shittier when I use my fingers, and it's harder to play. What are the advantages again?

sobrien
03-10-2008, 03:04 PM
It sounds much shittier when I use my fingers, and it's harder to play. What are the advantages again?

After you get used to playing with your fingers, it sounds identical if not better and comes very naturally. I would recommend playing with your fingers.

The_Q
03-10-2008, 03:11 PM
After you get used to playing with your fingers, it sounds identical if not better and comes very naturally. I would recommend playing with your fingers.
I'm working on it. I'm trying to play this fast, which fingers should I use to strum which strings?

----0-2
--2----
3------
-------

sobrien
03-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I personally rest my thumb on the pick up or the bottom of the neck and use both my index and middle fingers for all strings. Alternating fingers between notes makes learning to play 8th and 16th notes a hell of a lot easier. Their are other ways of playing, but this is the way I find most comfortable and effective.

For instance, let A be your index finger and B your middle finger. Excuse the underscores.

G-----------------------------2--3--5--7--9--10
___________________A_B__A_B_A_B
D-----------------0--2--3--5-------------------
___________A__B__A_B
A--------0--1--3-------------------------------
______A_B__A
E--1--3----------------------------------------
__A_B

Ynot
03-15-2008, 09:22 PM
fix the timing and you're good to go.