PDA

View Full Version : what's a good website

daytona
03-08-2008, 08:48 AM
to listen to a song?
like, just so you can hear how it sounds before downloading it or anything
and if it has a place where you can choose the genre of music, that would help too

JerseySucks
03-08-2008, 08:51 AM
www.projectplaylist.com better for listening to one specific song you know the name of
www.last.fm Much better for finding music, it has genres, similar artists, etc. excellent website

Wowee Zowee
03-08-2008, 08:52 AM
iTunes music store has 30 second previews of their songs.

However, if you're not down with Steve Jobs and his money machine, I'd highly recommend http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/site/music-plus/ Basically you go on there and type in a band or song and then the engine searches the way google does, except it looks for only media files... Now, the problem is that quality can vary, and the selection can be limited if you're looking for obscure stuff. BUT, if you find what you're looking for, you can just right click, save as, and you've got your song. Legality is probably a little shady, but what isn't these days.

have fun.

daytona
03-08-2008, 08:57 AM
alright
thanks you guys
and wowee zowee, ill look into that
thanks man

daytona
03-08-2008, 01:17 PM
iTunes music store has 30 second previews of their songs.

However, if you're not down with Steve Jobs and his money machine, I'd highly recommend http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/site/music-plus/ Basically you go on there and type in a band or song and then the engine searches the way google does, except it looks for only media files... Now, the problem is that quality can vary, and the selection can be limited if you're looking for obscure stuff. BUT, if you find what you're looking for, you can just right click, save as, and you've got your song. Legality is probably a little shady, but what isn't these days.

have fun.

is that sight legit on viruses and trojans and shit??

Mr. EorDie
03-08-2008, 02:18 PM
try myspace
lolz

thejoelmister
03-08-2008, 02:28 PM
www.pandora.com -fixed

daytona
03-08-2008, 02:29 PM
myspace doesnt have a big selection of songs
that site JerseySucks is good, last.fm
its really good

Wowee Zowee
03-08-2008, 07:30 PM
is that sight legit on viruses and trojans and shit??

So far so good. I've got McAfee running on my computer and it hasn't picked anything up yet. The reason why I have faith in it (knock on wood) is that it searches for an exact media file, and you download just the file, like you would a .jpg or document. When you're on a P2P program, you're pretty much opening yourself up to whatever or whoever is out there. This is more of a music search engine, and then you can pick and choose exactly what you want to download.

Volcom_Skate
03-08-2008, 07:36 PM
pandora dot com and dizzle dot com. Only i dont know if you can download songs but you can listen to tons of songs for free.

codyguy
03-08-2008, 08:26 PM
last.fm

fr00tl00pz
03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
www.youtube.com

Can't believe no one posted this yet.

Ipswitch
03-08-2008, 09:44 PM
i've always just used youtube...

riskitforabiscuit
03-08-2008, 10:58 PM
www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com)

Can't believe no one posted this yet.
If you want shitty mono tracks.