PDA

View Full Version : Job for a cowboy anyone?

element9633
03-07-2008, 06:30 PM
alright some of you said NO to the devil wears prada, but what about job for a cowboy? if your gonna go look em up relinquished is one of their better songs.

Zemba
03-07-2008, 06:31 PM
JFAC is even worse than TDWP for more people

kas
03-07-2008, 06:39 PM
As a fan of bands like Behemoth, I have to say something about their singing completely turns me off of that band.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Phony death metal for scene kids who are too cool for actual death metal.

jason530
03-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I like suspended by the throat.

skatetilldeath
03-08-2008, 01:46 AM
<3 job for a cowboy

Gibson_SG
03-08-2008, 06:17 AM
As a fan of bands like Behemoth, I have to say something about their singing completely turns me off of that band.

exactly why i dont like them that much. they do have some good songs, like reduced to mere filth

venture66
03-08-2008, 06:26 AM
i love job one of my favs but i know they are not the most popular

brandonkayda07
03-08-2008, 07:57 AM
They fucking suck IMO.

pmskate721
03-08-2008, 07:59 AM
i really like them but all the kids at my school are like getting into them but not really. its hard to explain. they are like "OH I LOVE JOB FOR A COWBOY!!!!" but they dont even know any songs. its annoying

Dolphins3416
03-08-2008, 08:01 AM
they suck balls

Marevix
03-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Can't really hear the guitars or bass during the verses, just a loud as fuck/annoyingly repetitive snare and vocals with some indiscernable bass drum wankery to top it off. I also see practically no creativity in the riffs that are audible.

drizzle
03-08-2008, 01:10 PM
J-fag

dylan_strange
03-08-2008, 04:31 PM
there pretty good

Among The Living
03-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Fucking suck, that's what they do.

dylanWHAT??!!?
03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
i love job for a cowboy, and to the dude dissing their riffs, maybe u shud actually learn how to play guitar, so u have a possible idea about their riffs, and if u do know how to, look up their tabs before u talk shit fag

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-09-2008, 11:29 AM
i love job for a cowboy, and to the dude dissing their riffs, maybe u shud actually learn how to play guitar, so u have a possible idea about their riffs, and if u do know how to, look up their tabs before u talk shit fag

You can't judge a band by how complicated their riffs are, I could pick up my guitar right now and play an improvised riff out of nowhere, and then tab it out, and most likely it'd be complicated for someone to learn or mimic, not because I am great.. but because learning shit is harder and more frustrating than just pulling the riffs out of nowhere.

I think Napalm Death is one of the best metal bands out there, and they're stuff is easy as shit, but they do it right and for the right reason. JFAC is just another clone death metal band with nothing different or unique about them. Their pretty much just playing watered down Necrophagist riffs mixed with Cannibal Corpse's vocalist's style, plus the tone of their guitars are just completely fucking terrible. Not to mention some of the worst death metal drumming I've ever heard, his blasts beats suck ass and he isn't even doing the technique right.

almost_a_user_name
03-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Embedded is the only song by them that I don't hate.

Popwar Pill
03-09-2008, 11:33 AM

Seeing as how you're from Missouri you probably love your sister too....

I don't even play guitar seriously and I can play Job For A Cowgirl's shit. They fucking blow, they tried to be grindcore on Doom, and seeing as how that didn't work out now they're just shitty off brand metal.

So why don't you actually listen to actual metal until then, don't talk shit fag

reptiskate52
03-09-2008, 11:44 AM
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

First of all, near to none JFAC songs have even remotely difficult guitar parts and even when they are, it's just absolutely mindless and contains no musical value.

And fuck, I can pick up a guitar, play something fast and difficult and write it out easily, doesn't mean shit.

Marevix
03-09-2008, 02:35 PM

1. I play guitar in addition to several other instruments, which is why I recognize JFAC's failures at riff creation.
2. Their riffs aren't easy, they're just completely lacking as far as any sort of melodic or rhythmic creativity is concerned. There's also plenty of bands who play exponentially more technical/complex riffs (bands that actually leave 4/4 time on occasion) like Necrophagist, Nile, Cannibal Corpse (where applicable), etc.

Among The Living
03-09-2008, 04:19 PM

Congradulations, you just made one of the dumbest posts in SB-C history, and that's saying something.

amar
03-09-2008, 08:46 PM
nah, I like their name though
haha