PDA

View Full Version : Mainstream

Apache
03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
can someone give me a list of good bands that aren't mainstream, I find it hard to listen to good music if everyone is destroying it with horrible singing and its always on the radio.

Wowee Zowee
03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
What do you mean by mainstream, exactly? Are you talking about stuff you don't hear on MTV or stuff that you need to find in a dusty record shop in some back alley in the middle of Toronto; limited pressing, only on vinyl and 8-track, and smells a bit like old cheese.

If its the former, rather than the latter, I'd highly suggest Euroboys.. Great band from Norway, very interesting stuff. Go for the album "Jet Age."

Apache
03-06-2008, 01:59 PM
What do you mean by mainstream, exactly? Are you talking about stuff you don't hear on MTV or stuff that you need to find in a dusty record shop in some back alley in the middle of Toronto; limited pressing, only on vinyl and 8-track, and smells a bit like old cheese.

If its the former, rather than the latter, I'd highly suggest Euroboys.. Great band from Norway, very interesting stuff. Go for the album "Jet Age."

I talking about stuff you don't hear on MTV, VH1, and TV shows in general

Wowee Zowee
03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
What genre?

Apache
03-06-2008, 02:07 PM
What genre?

heavy metal

Wowee Zowee
03-06-2008, 02:12 PM
ah, alright then... this is where I tip my hat and exit politely, haha

I'm not much of a metal guy, sorry.

Ipswitch
03-06-2008, 02:17 PM
ohhh myyyy I hate people like you. You're so fucking stupid. The whole "I can't listen to music that people like" is so stupid.

Emerica
03-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Check out The Flaming Tsunamis. Ska-core mo fo!

$0uL1CiTii*~
03-06-2008, 02:20 PM
http://media.threadless.com/product/917/minizoom.jpg

Wowee Zowee
03-06-2008, 02:20 PM
ohhh myyyy I hate people like you. You're so fucking stupid. The whole "I can't listen to music that people like" is so stupid.

haha come on now Ipswitch, everyone knows that its not hip if more than 1.5 people are fans of the same band... THEN IT'S CONFORMING, and everyone knows that being uncformist is the ultimate way to beat the system, MAN!

</sarcasm>

Honestly, what is the problem with a band being mainstream. What if it's a good band? The Rolling Stones are mainstream as fuck but they're much better than 95% of the other shitty bands out there.

Apache
03-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I told you I said its hard to enjoy a song when everyone is destroying it with horrible singing and when it is way overused, it doesn't have to be local or unheard of just not overused and stuff everyone knows its annoying

Giles
03-06-2008, 11:46 PM
I like unknown bands because you don't know certain things about them they are a new thing to explore and think about.
But I listen to mainstream alot anyway.