http://youtube.com/watch?v=iXmBOGsPq8I

I've been playing about a year and a half

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Bumposaurus

zero sk8er247
03-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Pretty good im not that good and ive been playing just as long
edit:nice pedal effects, what did you use?

Wowee Zowee
03-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Sounds very nice...

However, even better than your playing is the way you've dialed in your tone and you've got control. Most kids these days will just start rippin shit up and forget what the hell they were doing halfway through.

Keep on rockin.

Kumquat
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Killer use of wah, man.

That was pretty fucking good. I liked it.

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Pretty good im not that good and ive been playing just as long
edit:nice pedal effects, what did you use?

Just a wah pedal and a bit of delay straight from the amp.

However, even better than your playing is the way you've dialed in your tone and you've got control. Most kids these days will just start rippin shit up and forget what the hell they were doing halfway through.

Hahaha, that made me el oh el. Thanks for the compliments.

You too Kumquat.

Snake
03-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Nice hat..
Reminds me of some ultra famous guitar player

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Nice hat..
Reminds me of some ultra famous guitar player

...The hat or the playing? Hahaha..

Snake
03-05-2008, 05:45 PM
That hat

I've seen Satriani wear one just like it.

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 05:52 PM
That hat

I've seen Satriani wear one just like it.

It's just an Emerica hat I found online. I hope I don't look like Satch, because I think he looks like Voldemort.

Schism
03-05-2008, 06:05 PM
I <3'd it.

I hate 24 frets.

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
I <3'd it.

I hate 24 frets.

Why? 24 fret necks are raw.

Schism
03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Why? 24 fret necks are raw.

I got used to playing my Ibanez which is a pretty small scale 22 fret then I go to play my Jackson which is 24 frets and it throws me off.

daytona
03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
nice man, i liked it, i wish i could play
and stop being my twin with hair

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I got used to playing my Ibanez which is a pretty small scale 22 fret then I go to play my Jackson which is 24 frets and it throws me off.

Oh. Before my Ibanez I played an SG faded...It was a thick neck with 22 frets. If I can go from that to a thin, thin neck with jumbo/24 frets I think you'll be alright after a while.

Chump Champ
03-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Great technique. Where'd you learn it from?

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Great technique. Where'd you learn it from?

Technique..as in? Legato, picking, bends, style?

EDIT:

And thank you for the compliment.

Schism
03-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Oh. Before my Ibanez I played an SG faded...It was a thick neck with 22 frets. If I can go from that to a thin, thin neck with jumbo/24 frets I think you'll be alright after a while.

Oh I'm fine I'm just saying.

The Rhoads is a bitch though fucking pointy thing is a bitch to sit down and play. Trade you for the SG.

I like Thick Necks.

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh I'm fine I'm just saying.

The Rhoads is a bitch though fucking pointy thing is a bitch to sit down and play. Trade you for the SG.

I like Thick Necks.

Hahahaha thats why I'd never buy a V guitar.

ZeroOrDie.
03-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Dude you're amazing.

Tips for a beginner?

Snake
03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
It's just an Emerica hat I found online. I hope I don't look like Satch, because I think he looks like Voldemort.
Nigga just spout a Harry Potter Reference?lolz

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Dude you're amazing.

Tips for a beginner?

Haha thanks.

Practice a lot, get a guitar teacher to show you proper technique and stuff. Learn lots of songs and observe techniques of a lot of different guitarists.

Schism
03-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Hahahaha thats why I'd never buy a V guitar.

I didn't want it it was a Christmas present, it was free so I'm not going to bitch about it. Plus it's badass.

ZeroOrDie.
03-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Haha thanks.

Practice a lot, get a guitar teacher to show you proper technique and stuff. Learn lots of songs and observe techniques of a lot of different guitarists.

Thanks

BROBOT
03-05-2008, 06:44 PM
damn, i've been playing for around 5 years and we're pretty much at the same level.

it sounded really good.

Chump Champ
03-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Technique..as in? Legato, picking, bends, style?

EDIT:

And thank you for the compliment.

Everything. I know a few tricks here and there, but I'm more of a jazz guitarist right now. I could ask my teacher, but I'm stoked on theory now and I don't want to seem like one of those fuckers in an AC/DC shirt that just care about playing fast. Just wondering if theres a site that gives a tip here and there

Skaterdude
03-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Everything. I know a few tricks here and there, but I'm more of a jazz guitarist right now. I could ask my teacher, but I'm stoked on theory now and I don't want to seem like one of those fuckers in an AC/DC shirt that just care about playing fast. Just wondering if theres a site that gives a tip here and there

Haha, well. I owe my style to Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai for the most part. Not so much Vai in the video I posted, but I usually start going into SV mode when playing more slowly. Pretty much all of my legato stuff comes from PG, as does the blusey stuff which also comes from Hendrix.

dieg0
03-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't know dick about actually playing music, but nice.

Gibson_SG
03-06-2008, 06:05 AM

but satch has a nose

Skaterdude
03-06-2008, 10:24 AM
but satch has a nose

Cosmetic surgery?

Tony
03-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey you motherfuckers I love Satch's bald head. <3

That video is killer, really nice use of wah wah and I can see your influence from Paul Gilbert, that legato stuff. Also noticed your username on Youtube. ;-) Would I be too far if I guessed that was mostly pentatonic scale? The tapping stuff at the end of the vid was cool, and it was really nice improvisation, good job.

You know, I have that same shirt.

Skaterdude
03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey you motherfuckers I love Satch's bald head. <3

That video is killer, really nice use of wah wah and I can see your influence from Paul Gilbert, that legato stuff. Also noticed your username on Youtube. ;-) Would I be too far if I guessed that was mostly pentatonic scale? The tapping stuff at the end of the vid was cool, and it was really nice improvisation, good job.

You know, I have that same shirt.

Thanks brah.

Well, I played some pentatonic licks throughout, but I also used the modes. It was all in Em nonetheless.

Tony
03-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks brah.

Well, I played some pentatonic licks throughout, but I also used the modes. It was all in Em nonetheless.
Your name looks weird capitalized. Ever since LFF started changing the names of all the original members this place has looked more... eh, not familiar. I'm not sure if I should record an improvisation video also of some kind, maybe with a backing track but the amp I have doesn't really give much of a tone to be honest.

It'd be cool to see you cover something. Satch boogie or Liberty I dunno. Keep it up.

Skaterdude
03-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Your name looks weird capitalized. Ever since LFF started changing the names of all the original members this place has looked more... eh, not familiar. I'm not sure if I should record an improvisation video also of some kind, maybe with a backing track but the amp I have doesn't really give much of a tone to be honest.

It'd be cool to see you cover something. Satch boogie or Liberty I dunno. Keep it up.

Eh, that wasn't really meant so much to show off my improvisation skills more than it was just for entertainment value. If you wanna post improv videos then I'll find a good backing track and we'll have a little SB-C jam.

Satch Boogie is tight...I'll think about it.

SNES4Life
03-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Nice shirt, and great playing.

Snake
03-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Haha thanks.

Do you have a teacher?

Skaterdude
03-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Do you have a teacher?

I had one for about 6 months, but not as of now.

Tony
03-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Eh, that wasn't really meant so much to show off my improvisation skills more than it was just for entertainment value. If you wanna post improv videos then I'll find a good backing track and we'll have a little SB-C jam.

Satch Boogie is tight...I'll think about it.
Why not, improvising is always better over BT.

Skaterdude
03-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Why not, improvising is always better over BT.

Because it wasn't necessarily going to be a show of my improv skills. I was just having fun with some solos where I really couldn't help but improvise. I mean, if I was trying to show off my improv skills I would have definetly played over a backing track.

Tony
03-07-2008, 11:02 AM
What?

I wasn't refering to your video but you getting a backing track for a jam. No need to take everything so personally.

Skaterdude
03-07-2008, 07:23 PM
What?

I wasn't refering to your video but you getting a backing track for a jam. No need to take everything so personally.

Wait up, I'm still crying because I took it so personally.

spanky_dan
03-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Nice. How much of Curse Of Castle Dragon have you got down now? I remember you played it a while ago, have you made any more progress? That song is mad.

Tony
03-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Wait up, I'm still crying because I took it so personally.
No need for jackass-sarcasm.