PDA

View Full Version : Children Of Bodom "Blooddrunk" Review

Popwar Pill
02-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Sooooooo I just got done listening through the whole album, and I have to say I like it quite a bit...it's completely different from Are You Dead Yet? I would almost venture as far as to say they have a new sound on this album. The solos are pretty wowing too, it's not Hatebreeder but hey....whateva. Alexi's voice is much rougher this time around. It seems like they all improved a lot. The opening bass riff for "Smile Pretty For The Devil" is pretty sexy if I do say so myself. Keyboards....as for them, I'd say that they have more of that "mystic" or black metalish sound to them that they had on the older albums i.e. Hatebreeder, Something Wild, but still have some elements of the newer stuff. Jaska also stepped up his game on drums there are a lot of solid beats and fast drumming.

What I don't like is the fact that there is quite the fair share of group singing...which I think is kind of fruity but if it works, good for them.

I must admit this album is pretty damn short.

My favorite song off the album right now has to be "One Day You Will Cry"

Anyway...I'd still say buy it or download or whatever your method of getting music is. The "new" sound they have is deff worth giving a listen to and the songs are pretty good aswell.

Tony
02-26-2008, 09:20 AM
What I don't like is the fact that there is quite the fair share of group singing...which I think is kind of fruity but if it works, good for them.

Well, whatever sounds good.

I've only listened Banned from Heaven so far, and I think it fucking rocks. I'm gonna listen the rest when I get the chance.