PDA

View Full Version : This guy really has something special...

miniman
01-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Seriously this guy is darn good

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd0bWrmqqDM

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?p=r&user=GGuerra&page=1

Amazing tone and technical ability, best youtube guitarist ever?.

To me he just seems to having something different from other players, i dunno maybe he doesnt to you but something just strikes me speechless.

Schism
01-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah he's good but good guitar playing and tone doesn't need all that technology.

miniman
01-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah haha he has alot of stuff, in one video it shows all his guitars in these glass cabinet things on the wall so im guessing hes pretty well off.

That guitar rig 3 software he uses costs a bomb alone.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-16-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm skeptical of guitarists who use a shitload of effects when showing off their playing.
A guitarist who can play something great on a $200- guitar and 15w amp proves something more than someone with a fancy guitar and 6+ pedals.

Skaterdude
01-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I can see him being in the next generation of guitar gurus. He writes really well and has great phrasing. Plus, he's fast as hell.

Schism
01-16-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm skeptical of guitarists who use a shitload of effects when showing off their playing.
A guitarist who can play something great on a $200- guitar and 15w amp proves something more than someone with a fancy guitar and 6+ pedals.

Yeah that's what I meant in my post.

If you handed that guy a basic rig he better still be good or he's nothing.

jpharaoh69
01-16-2008, 03:45 PM
i honestly wasnt impressed at all. the song itself was pretty good though. i did enjoy that....but as a guitarist i dont see anything special. most of the stuff was pretty basic up until the fast parts. and even though they were fast, it was all tapping and hammer-ons/pull-offs. the only part that showed some skill was that run near the end where he picked every note, and even at that, it was a super basic linear run.

BROBOT
01-16-2008, 04:03 PM
hahaha, some of the faces he makes...

Skaterdude
01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
i honestly wasnt impressed at all. the song itself was pretty good though. i did enjoy that....but as a guitarist i dont see anything special. most of the stuff was pretty basic up until the fast parts. and even though they were fast, it was all tapping and hammer-ons/pull-offs. the only part that showed some skill was that run near the end where he picked every note, and even at that, it was a super basic linear run.

Most of the time, writing a song and playing the most incredible licks you can think of just don't mix.

reptiskate52
01-16-2008, 04:28 PM

Plus, way too fucking many effects.

Skaterdude
01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't see what all of the complaining is about. Guys like Steve Vai and Satch use just as much technical equipment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYQrpkoDktE

Schism
01-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes but I think Steve Vai and Stach are far better then that man.

reptiskate52
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Anyone else notice that Isaac Brock has a really lumpy head?

Dr. Foundation
01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
I play guitar hero like that guy. It's times like these I wish I could play real guitar.

rippen in da mitten
01-16-2008, 05:53 PM
this guy is absolutly amazing

Skaterdude
01-16-2008, 05:56 PM
I like how he looks like he's enjoying himself so much just sitting there playing. I bet he's the kind of person that sits down and plays for hours on end like nothing.

sandmaster
01-16-2008, 05:57 PM
That guy's sick.

Schism
01-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Anyone else notice that Isaac Brock has a really lumpy head?

Nome , still haven't