PDA

View Full Version : Titanium kingpin

Skaterdude_88
11-18-2005, 07:32 PM
I bought titanium kingpins today, and the included instructions suck. If anyone knows how to install them post the instructions. Thanks.

DazedAndConfused
11-18-2005, 07:59 PM
The instructions included are the best instructions you can get.

Maybe you are trying to put them in, and the bottom area won't grab the nut? If that's the case, I have instructions for that buried back in pages.

Skaterdude_88
11-18-2005, 08:03 PM
it says to remove the old kingpin with a hammer. I couldn't figure out what they meant by that, so I tried just putting the kingpin in, and the trucks were way too loose(tightened all the way).

DazedAndConfused
11-18-2005, 08:29 PM
1) Dissasemble truck completely. This involves taking the kingpin nut off, and removing the bushings.
2) With a hammer, tap out the out kingpin. It's easier to take it out if you put the truck on two peices of wood.
3) Put nut on bottom, and screw the old kingpin on the nut. Tighten the nut untill it's about half an inch onto the kingpin.
4) From the bottom, tap the kingpin so the nut gets pushed into the truck, and hopefully will be firmly seated.
5)Take out the old kingpin and assemble truck with your new GK kingpin. This involves putting the bushings on the kingpin, and securly fastening the kingpin using the allen key that came with the kingpin.

Skaterdude_88
11-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks, helped alot.