PDA

View Full Version : For those non guitarists who wanna be guitarists, or guitarists who just suck

Flare12345neo
11-16-2005, 01:03 PM
I am the latter. When you hear music from bands like Mudvayne, Linkin Park, or Green Day, doesn't the guitar playing make you jealous? I just wanna cry when I hear good music like that, because I am trying hard to play guitar but I suck

Klausfloride
11-16-2005, 01:05 PM
are you kiddig, they aren't that good at all. and i say that from experciance. i learned a greenday song from watching a guy play it literally 2 minutes. and i don't really even play guitar. it hella eay so just shut the hell up. i play b**** but all that pop guitar shit is easy and people say it all hgard and ***** god they are ignorant

the short skater
11-16-2005, 01:12 PM
I am the latter. When you hear music from bands like Mudvayne, Linkin Park, or Green Day, doesn't the guitar playing make you jealous? I just wanna cry when I hear good music like that, because I am trying hard to play guitar but I suck

listen to guitar solos on led zepplin too, their lead guitarist was amazing

farlee
11-16-2005, 01:47 PM
it doesnt make me jealous because the guitarists from those bands blow some major dick

Flare12345neo
11-16-2005, 01:47 PM
word

biff_corp
11-16-2005, 01:51 PM
word

then whyd you make a thread about you being jealous of them?

Slapdown
11-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Listen to Pantera, Slayer, Metallica, Machine Head, April Wine, Blue Oyster Cult, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Doors, Santana, Killswitch Engaged, Guns and Roses, Thin Lizzy, led Zeppelin, and then we'll talk about good guitarists.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
11-16-2005, 02:15 PM
No, but I feel sorry for everyone who is jealous over that crap.

delicious-skateshop
11-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Listen to Pantera, Slayer, Metallica, Machine Head, April Wine, Blue Oyster Cult, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Doors, Santana, Killswitch Engaged, Guns and Roses, Thin Lizzy, led Zeppelin, and then we'll talk about good guitarists.
The ones in bold are the actual good ones (my opinion) from what he said. Also, listening to Jimi Hendrix play will make you wanna worship a Stratocaster and all that it's worth. Floyd is good too. No Rebel punk pop rock kid, that's gayer that a man saying another man is pretty.

spongebob squarecock
11-16-2005, 04:00 PM
are you kiddig, they aren't that good at all. and i say that from experciance. i learned a greenday song from watching a guy play it literally 2 minutes. and i don't really even play guitar. it hella eay so just shut the hell up. i play b**** but all that pop guitar shit is easy and people say it all hgard and ***** god they are ignorant
Guitar is actually very hard at first.

spongebob squarecock
11-16-2005, 04:01 PM
The ones in bold are the actual good ones (my opinion) from what he said. Also, listening to Jimi Hendrix play will make you wanna worship a Stratocaster and all that it's worth. Floyd is good too. No Rebel punk pop rock kid, that's gayer that a man saying another man is pretty.
You're pretty.

Klausfloride
11-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Guitar is actually very hard at first.
really? well i guess i wouldn't know casue i play bass for a while so guitar was easy to pick up. And actually playing d, c, and a power chord over in different rythmns with some mutes isn[t hard.

Popwar Pill
11-16-2005, 04:14 PM
green day isnt hard to play...my friend whos self taught can play there songs just by hearing them. but i dont get jealous. why? i dont want to play...i compliment the good sound though by still listening to them.

Pepin
11-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Some dude at a church is crazy with the guitar. He was on the acoustic and his hand was strumming wicked fast and his other hand was moving all over the fret board. It was awsome. And it sounded really good. I wish I had a tape of it or something.

ryanB
11-16-2005, 04:45 PM
i can learn i greenday song by listening to it twice. ive played for four years, but yeah guitar is a very hard instrument to pick up if youve never played a strings before. i hate 13 year old kids who call themselves a guitarist and only play power chords. only like 5% of people that pick up a guitar will ever get any good.

liebherk
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Green Day... LMFAO.

delicious-skateshop
11-16-2005, 06:17 PM
You're pretty.
You're Gay:D

timorousme
11-16-2005, 06:22 PM

Yes, Echo and the Bunnymen! Will Sergeant is awesome.

GetThunderStruck
11-16-2005, 06:29 PM

I fucking love you.

chocolate4life
11-16-2005, 06:35 PM
lol u guys wanna talk about skill? lol, learn to play the banjo...i wanna learn..

headrush_skater
11-16-2005, 06:56 PM
lol, banjos are t3h shit. i play guitar and i cant really play other peoples stuff but i write my own alot. i suck with solos, but intros and choruses are cake for me. i've written 4 or 5 songs with no solo..2 with attempted solos that just dont sound right. scales are not my friends. theyre easy to learn but im kinda stuck in between phases. im fast enough to play most anything i can think up, im creative enough to think it up, i just cant put it together with the minor amount of knowledge i have of sounds created by certain finger placements. who got stuck between scales and soloing?

timorousme
11-16-2005, 07:02 PM
lol u guys wanna talk about skill? lol, learn to play the banjo...i wanna learn..

Banjo's not that hard if you already play guitar or bass. You just have to learn to use the right hand better. That's why people that play one can usually play the other. Look at Dolly Parton.

amar
11-16-2005, 07:50 PM

Ohh yeah right we all know you def couldnt just play that out of nowhere.

Ipswitch
11-17-2005, 04:17 PM
You cant play a power chord? Haha, lame.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
11-17-2005, 06:52 PM

Banjos are for hicks who are too conservative to play a guitar.

timorousme
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Banjos are for hicks who are too conservative to play a guitar.

I hope to god you're being sarcastic.

bunghole
11-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Jerry Cantrell is an amazing guitarist, he has some kick ass solos. Linkin Park has horrible guitarist. Green Days guitar parts were cool but really easy. And I don't listin to Mudvayne.

Vivica
11-18-2005, 04:27 AM
you think that makes you feel jelious? go listen to texas flood by stevie ray vaughn and double trouble ;)